FAREWELL!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was so naive and gullible when I was young and I remember my dad and I sitting out on the front lawn watching the birds on the ground...he said if I put salt on their tail I could catch one....I ran in the house and got the salt shaker and spent 30 minutes trying to put salt on a birds tail...my dad had gone inside to hide his laughter as he watched from the window.
He finally came out and told me it was a joke...he realized I was determined and wouldn't quit until I caught one.....lol
And then mom curious as to why the salt shaker is empty has no clue. While daughter and daddy laugh to themselves quietly. ;) lol

If you're close enough to salt a bird's tail you're close enough to catch them. My comments were metaphor. We're online. I can't salt her tail from here! :p

Reactions: Heart2Soul

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Skittles, says this small-d libertarian democrat.
Do you have some? lol
I'm not a very political person...do you have some?
I do. Just the regular flavor ones though because I'm fresh out of the sours.
BgXM.gif

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then mom curious as to why the salt shaker is empty has no clue. While daughter and daddy laugh to themselves quietly. ;) lol

If you're close enough to salt a bird's tail you're close enough to catch them. My comments were metaphor. We're online. I can't salt her tail from here! :p
:D

Reactions: WaterSong

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think he's talking about the ones Jesus had given them? ")
Wasn't it Jesus who delivered and lead Israel from Egypt to the promised land? Wasn't that deliverance/journey a type of the great global/cosmic deliverance at the end of time? :)

Reactions: Brakelite

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't it Jesus who delivered and lead Israel from Egypt to the promised land? Wasn't that deliverance/journey a type of the great global/cosmic deliverance at the end of time? :)
Wasn't it Jesus who raised the bar on the 10? Did not Jesus say the most important commandments are only 2, Love God, love your neighbor. If only these two things are obeyed, then we are sure to NOT break His commandments. The old was a shadow and pointed us to what sin is, yes? I will never live under the old "Jewish" Laws, we were never called to that. We are gentiles who follow Jesus final words and, the new covenant is just that, "new" :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wasn't it Jesus who raised the bar on the 10? Did not Jesus say the most important commandments are only 2, Love God, love your neighbor. If only these two things are obeyed, then we are sure to NOT break His commandments. The old was a shadow and pointed us to what sin is, yes? I will never live under the old "Jewish" Laws, we were never called to that. We are gentiles who follow Jesus final words and, the new covenant is just that, "new" :)
jewish laws Nancy....mmmm, and marriage, thats not jewish?

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have decided NOT to leave the Forum.
Good for you. I found the one PW is referring to in their OP. Ideally, PW should be contacted to return and informed the one to whom she refers in the OP is no longer a member. Their behavior in that thread is reprehensible. And worse? It is PW's own thread that they took over with their aggressive vulgar behavior. And she's leaving because of that! When it should be the other way around. :(

Reactions: April_Rose

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
WOW... I am actually SPEECHLESS at the moment. I DID fix the mis-understanding.... I apologized for it... and I corrected it...

I am sorry you feel that a mistake/misunderstanding was the last straw for you...

I live alone... and I live a very quiet life... I too find these forums very challenging and by what I have seen today... I am absolutely appalled at the lack of grace and mercy often found within these threads.

This reaction is way over the top in my estimation... but whatever!!!

This is sufficient for me, as no one can decide what another must say, and the additional context provided gets the message across that PW's quote does not endorse abortion.

It is sad to loose two members for no good reason.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is sufficient for me, as no one can decide what another must say, and the additional context provided gets the message across that PW's quote does not endorse abortion.

It is sad to loose two members for no good reason.
But then again...

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

What is God's purpose for each of them and for each of us and for this forum? God knows! Who is it that loves God? Will any who love God be led astray?

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree it is sad to see two members leave due to the reprehensible behavior of one who is/may be the cause. It should be the other way around. The offender leaves and the people they attack can stay and feel safe.

Often we see people judge behaviors here they're speechless, etc... Appalled, whatever. The unfathomable part of that personality is, their behavior toward some they choose to pick on is exactly what they claim to be aghast over as displayed by others. What a world.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been on CB for over 2 1/2 years, and it's been quite an experience for me. Really, quite a challenge not being able to see who's who and who's posting what.

A little while ago, someone quoted one of my replies and made it look like I said a woman has a right to choose what to do with her own body as if I approve of abortion. SEVERAL TIMES, I asked the person to edit her post in order to clarify that the quote was "hers" and not mine. Instead, she argued with me about it. I'm very angry and sad that there are members who would do such a thing!!!!!!! Of course, they will say it was all innocent--like all the other malicious comments and threats aimed at me. :(

Even though the devil won this battle, he has not and will not win the war!!! In fact, he lost the war! Jesus crushed his head!

I'm leaving for many reasons, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Good bye, all, and God bless!

Prayer Warrior

I kinda didn't want to respond to this thread because I didn't want to believe it was true.

I hope you come back.
Hidden

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From where I sit , the site is bleeding red and has been for ages......so many many good, spiritually mature members have gone the very same way over the last 8 months. I understand why!
And we are left with ......what?? o_O:rolleyes::oops:

Sad days...