FAREWELL!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been on CB for over 2 1/2 years, and it's been quite an experience for me. Really, quite a challenge not being able to see who's who and who's posting what.

A little while ago, someone quoted one of my replies and made it look like I said a woman has a right to choose what to do with her own body as if I approve of abortion. SEVERAL TIMES, I asked the person to edit her post in order to clarify that the quote was "hers" and not mine. Instead, she argued with me about it. I'm very angry and sad that there are members who would do such a thing!!!!!!! Of course, they will say it was all innocent--like all the other malicious comments and threats aimed at me. :(

Even though the devil won this battle, he has not and will not win the war!!! In fact, he lost the war! Jesus crushed his head!

I'm leaving for many reasons, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Good bye, all, and God bless!

Prayer Warrior
Sorry to see you go.

Reactions: April_Rose

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From where I sit , the site is bleeding red and has been for ages......so many many good, spiritually mature members have gone the very same way over the last 8 months. I understand why!
And we are left with ......what?? o_O:rolleyes::oops:

Sad days...
Maybe there is hope in sight now, Helen! I have been given to understand things will soon be looking more toward Him here.

But... not tonight and not from me. I probably won't sleep very long, LOL, but my weary carcass is telling to go lie down for the night. Tomorrow is another day. So often I feel this way at night and then am wide awake within 3-4 hours. I am praying for a good night's sleep.

My wife has promised me a very good dinner tomorrow. It would be even better if I were well rested...

Give God the glory!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe there is hope in sight now, Helen! I have been given to understand things will soon be looking more toward Him here.

But... not tonight and not from me. I probably won't sleep very long, LOL, but my weary carcass is telling to go lie down for the night. Tomorrow is another day. So often I feel this way at night and then am wide awake within 3-4 hours. I am praying for a good night's sleep.

My wife has promised me a very good dinner tomorrow. It would be even better if I were well rested...

Give God the glory!

looking forward to some threads which are spiritually centred.
Most thread seem ‘anything but’.

I can relate to the sleeping issue . Dave and I are the same.
He gets about 6 hours ...broken by bathroom trips.

I’ve talked to the doctor but was told that with BP meds I am on, and blood thinners , I can’t have even the mildest sleeping pill.
I sleep for 20 mins , then wake up for 4 hours . Before dozing again.

in my 79 yrs , for the first time ever , I did not ever fall asleep ...I felt buzzed like I’d drunk coffee , which I never do...
It kind of scared me that I went right through the night without sleeping! :eek:

but , other than worrying about it sometimes ....amazingly I can still function.

hope we both sleep tonight :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...or not! As the case may be ...maybe I should say FAREWELL too....

it’s be a journey but maybe now my CB journey is over?

“Times and seasons “ none last forever ...this has lasted since 2011 .

Weighing my options....

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Weighing my options....

Hate to see you go but it would be completely your choice to do so.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Weighing my options....

Well gee! Guess I should just jump ship too! :( I think I might be having abandonment issues, lol. But then, God has not been calling e to leave here...yet. But perhaps pull back a bit and spend more time with Jesus.

Reactions: Helen and marks

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well gee! Guess I should just jump ship too! :( I think I might be having abandonment issues, lol. But then, God has not been calling e to leave here...yet. But perhaps pull back a bit and spend more time with Jesus.

As you know , we all used to post a lot. And there was always something that we could ‘get our teeth into’.
These days with the obsession with Covid , and American politics , I find nothing inspiring ...

I did notice @101G posting this morning...Now if some of those mature old saints that used to be here, returned , the t would make a difference haha!

we’ll see....

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you know , we all used to post a lot. And there was always something that we could ‘get our teeth into’.
These days with the obsession with Covid , and American politics , I find nothing inspiring ...

I did notice @101G posting this morning...Now if some of those mature old saints that used to be here, returned , the t would make a difference haha!

we’ll see....

Hmmmm...could you be thinking of @Triumph1300 for example?? Lol. He does pop in now and then. :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Weighing my options....
The loudest voice, the continual repetition or the last say ...none of these things qualify for wisdom or truth. There has always been an element in Christian circles who don't understand this. How to deal with it? Well, this is how I do it when I perceive ears are blocked and mouths are outta control.....I gravitate and speak with those who are not self obsessed; those who are willing to consider reasonableness and have no joy in repetition ad nauseam.

So if that is of value to you, stick around and keep cheering for the saints :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The loudest voice, the continual repetition or the last say ...none of these things qualify for wisdom or truth. There has always been an element in Christian circles who don't understand this. How to deal with it? Well, this is how I do it when I perceive ears are blocked and mouths are outta control.....I gravitate and speak with those who are not self obsessed; those who are willing to consider reasonableness and have no joy in repetition ad nauseam.

So if that is of value to you, stick around and keep cheering for the saints :)

thanks bro...really appreciate the wise words ...

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Weighing my options....
Well, you could always start a thread that pertains to a subject you enjoy discussing and find suitable.
Just as we choose to or not to participate in a thread, we can also choose to or not to post a thread topic that is more to our liking.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...but have not posted much for obvious reasons.
Since all Christian forums are essentially in debate mode, I take it you avoid debate. Other than that what would be the obvious reasons?

The Bible already tells us that Christians are in daily spiritual warfare. Forums are simply another venue for lies to be promoted by the liars and truth to be presented by believers in order to expose those lies.

The lies began in Eden, therefore the Lord called Satan a Liar and the Father of Lies. Today his minions are lying in both the religious and political battlefields. The current president of the USA is in office because of a colossal fraud, and Trump is being impeached based on a blatant lie. This is not just political but religious warfare, since Christian freedoms to worship, propagate the Gospel, and reject abortion (and every other evil) are now being targeted by the evildoers in office.

As soon as the COVID Scamdemic became a reality, churches were the first thing to be targeted. That is when all churches should have stood together and totally refused to comply with the bogus directives. Instead almost all buckled under Leftist tyranny. Now the vaccination scam is being promoted, and again Christians are buckling under COVID tyranny.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Weighing my options....
No Helen, nothing does last forever. Nothing in this world at least.
xo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don't avoid it at all.

The reason I am not here that much anymore is simply because
of the lack of polite debate.
Amen Gary...it has gotten so much worse it makes my head spin and raises so many red flags. I miss your, gentle and mature posts brother. As well as so many more who have left here. Would be nice to have a good debate with an un-biased moderator to kind of MC it, lol.