Fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it's relevant. If 0.005% of the protesters are "radical", then they don't reflect on the larger movement or cause, do they?
You are missing the point. I already said I believe many are just being used to support an agenda. Being a protester is just another fad, people do it because it's currently cool. Soon they'll be off on some other cool fad. Meanwhile, the radicals gain Power through manipulation.

As far as Racism, it's a funny thing. I have been involved with native crafts for a long time. I have been called " brother" by many real and probably some wannabe natives. I have had people argue with me that I have to be native American to have those talents. It's about people wanting to belong. It's about people getting their worth in some cases through their race. I personally find this disturbing. I'm not dissing my native friends. But whenever we talk about " my people" and "your people" what does that really mean? We should all be content to just be Americans. Race is irrelevant. But people being people, I don't see that ever being the total reality.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
You are missing the point. I already said I believe many are just being used to support an agenda. Being a protester is just another fad, people do it because it's currently cool. Soon they'll be off on some other cool fad. Meanwhile, the radicals gain Power through manipulation.
So you truly believe it's a conspiracy by a few and most of the protesters are just there because it's a "fad". That's just too ridiculous to bother with.

As far as Racism, it's a funny thing. I have been involved with native crafts for a long time. I have been called " brother" by many real and probably some wannabe natives. I have had people argue with me that I have to be native American to have those talents. It's about people wanting to belong. It's about people getting their worth in some cases through their race. I personally find this disturbing. I'm not dissing my native friends. But whenever we talk about " my people" and "your people" what does that really mean? We should all be content to just be Americans. Race is irrelevant. But people being people, I don't see that ever being the total reality.
Make sure to tell any blacks you come across that they should just "be content to be Americans and race is irrelevant". I'm sure they'll appreciate it (or at least those who haven't been brainwashed by mysterious forces will).

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you truly believe it's a conspiracy by a few and most of the protesters are just there because it's a "fad". That's just too ridiculous to bother with.

Make sure to tell any blacks you come across that they should just "be content to be Americans and race is irrelevant". I'm sure they'll appreciate it (or at least those who haven't been brainwashed by mysterious forces will).
Lol, you do realize that the belief that race is irrelevant is the opposite of racism, right?
And it's not only black people who are being sucked into this fad. You surely have learned by now how the current culture works. Every one has an instant opinion on everything, because of the ever helpful internet so they know what they are currently supposed to care about. But we are also a society that gets bored fast and on to the next big thing.

Reactions: Taken and historyb

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Lol, you do realize that the belief that race is irrelevant is the opposite of racism, right?
And ignoring the pleas of people who are subjected to regular, frequent racism is enabling that racism.

And it's not only black people who are being sucked into this fad. You surely have learned by now how the current culture works. Every one has an instant opinion on everything, because of the ever helpful internet so they know what they are currently supposed to care about. But we are also a society that gets bored fast and on to the next big thing.
That would be relevant except for the fact that blacks have been protesting and trying to overcome racism in the US since.....well, since they got here. So that you think this is just some recent "fad" is either incredibly ignorant, or disgustingly uncaring. Sadly, I've come to expect both those sorts of things from conservative Christians.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ignoring the pleas of people who are subjected to regular, frequent racism is enabling that racism.

That would be relevant except for the fact that blacks have been protesting and trying to overcome racism in the US since.....well, since they got here. So that you think this is just some recent "fad" is either incredibly ignorant, or disgustingly uncaring. Sadly, I've come to expect both those sorts of things from conservative Christians.
Are blacks the only people who are discriminated against then? Haven't almost all of us and all our ancestors experienced discrimination? The latest fad is making it all about one race, which is the definition of racism.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Are blacks the only people who are discriminated against then? Haven't almost all of us and all our ancestors experienced discrimination? The latest fad is making it all about one race, which is the definition of racism.
How Do We Change America?

Why do police reforms continue to fail? African-Americans have been demonstrating against police abuse and violence since the Chicago riots of 1919. The first riot directly in response to police abuse occurred in 1935, in Harlem. In 1951, a contingent of African-American activists, armed with a petition titled “We Charge Genocide,” tried to persuade the United Nations to decry the U.S. government’s murder of black people. Their petition read:

Once the classic method of lynching was the rope. Now it is the policeman’s bullet. To many an American the police are the government, certainly its most visible representative. We submit that the evidence suggests that the killing of Negroes has become police policy in the United States and that police policy is the most practical expression of government policy.​

It has been the lack of response, and a lack of “practical solutions” to beatings, harassment, and murder, that has led people into the streets, to challenge the typical dominance of police in black communities.

Many have compared the national revolt today to the urban rebellions of the nineteen-sixties, but it is more immediately shaped by the Los Angeles rebellion of 1992 and the protests it unleashed across the country.​

This is a century-old problem. Your characterization of it as a "fad" is not only incredibly ignorant, but insulting.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How Do We Change America?

Why do police reforms continue to fail? African-Americans have been demonstrating against police abuse and violence since the Chicago riots of 1919. The first riot directly in response to police abuse occurred in 1935, in Harlem. In 1951, a contingent of African-American activists, armed with a petition titled “We Charge Genocide,” tried to persuade the United Nations to decry the U.S. government’s murder of black people. Their petition read:

Once the classic method of lynching was the rope. Now it is the policeman’s bullet. To many an American the police are the government, certainly its most visible representative. We submit that the evidence suggests that the killing of Negroes has become police policy in the United States and that police policy is the most practical expression of government policy.​
It has been the lack of response, and a lack of “practical solutions” to beatings, harassment, and murder, that has led people into the streets, to challenge the typical dominance of police in black communities.

Many have compared the national revolt today to the urban rebellions of the nineteen-sixties, but it is more immediately shaped by the Los Angeles rebellion of 1992 and the protests it unleashed across the country.​
This is a century-old problem. Your characterization of it as a "fad" is not only incredibly ignorant, but insulting.
Try to focus. There's been studies done. There's no more blacks killed than other races, in spite of them being involved in more crimes. Every time you delve into the distant past, you are wasting your time. Look around you. People are setting police cars on fire in Philadelphia right now. Is BLM fighting violence? No, they are using it to remove our freedoms. This is the trend around the world. Wake up to what is really going on, not how CNN spins it.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Try to focus. There's been studies done. There's no more blacks killed than other races, in spite of them being involved in more crimes. Every time you delve into the distant past, you are wasting your time. Look around you. People are setting police cars on fire in Philadelphia right now. Is BLM fighting violence? No, they are using it to remove our freedoms. This is the trend around the world. Wake up to what is really going on, not how CNN spins it.
I'll ask you the same thing....

Why are you working so hard to deny that there's racism in the US? Blacks all over the country have been saying they experience racism. Whites tell stories of seeing racism at work, in schools, and in other aspects of public life. There's all sorts of videos of people being racist towards blacks. Police across the country have been caught being racist on social media, belonging to racist groups, being racist when together, etc. Studies have shown evidence of racism in hiring practices. Studies have shown how police speak more respectfully when dealing with whites, and more authoritarian and disrespectful with blacks. (I can provide citations and example for each)

In the face of all that, you do your best to try and argue that there is no racism. Why?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll ask you the same thing....

Why are you working so hard to deny that there's racism in the US? Blacks all over the country have been saying they experience racism. Whites tell stories of seeing racism at work, in schools, and in other aspects of public life. There's all sorts of videos of people being racist towards blacks. Police across the country have been caught being racist on social media, belonging to racist groups, being racist when together, etc. Studies have shown evidence of racism in hiring practices. Studies have shown how police speak more respectfully when dealing with whites, and more authoritarian and disrespectful with blacks. (I can provide citations and example for each)

In the face of all that, you do your best to try and argue that there is no racism. Why?
Why do you keep claiming I said there's no racism when I said no such thing? Do you honestly believe racism only happens white on black? Right now, there's a huge bias against police officers of all colors. People are dying under the guise of fighting racism, when that's not really what it's about. This is really going to improve race relations? Are you that naive?

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Why do you keep claiming I said there's no racism when I said no such thing?
Because whenever I mention it, you reply by downplaying or dismissing it. Why?

Do you honestly believe racism only happens white on black?
No.

Right now, there's a huge bias against police officers of all colors. People are dying under the guise of fighting racism, when that's not really what it's about. This is really going to improve race relations? Are you that naive?
There it is again...."that's not really what it's about".

Everything you've posted in this thread is some sort of attempt to minimize or wave away racism against blacks. Why?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly the Police Officer was charged with murder for doing his job. I really don't know how those brave man and women do their job when even their boss hates them. Indeed the criminals will have a field day when they find no police will stop them. Law and order are dead.

Reactions: Taken

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The guy who was a Police Officer in this video talks about the unjust charges and the college students

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sadly the Police Officer was charged with murder for doing his job. I really don't know how those brave man and women do their job when even their boss hates them. Indeed the criminals will have a field day when they find no police will stop them. Law and order are dead.

Hmmm if someone steals a taser from a police officer, of course he is going to use his gun.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything you've posted in this thread is some sort of attempt to minimize or wave away racism against blacks. Why?
What we are seeing is people using racism as an excuse for being criminals and haters of their fellow human beings. That's being worse than what they claim to be fighting. Perhaps you remember what King said about that. You can not fight hate with hate. And there's plenty of black people who understand and are just as disgusted by all this as anyone.

Reactions: historyb and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Racism manifests itself in society by voluntary segregation.

God Himself Established DIVISION (segregation) of People.
(Less Anyone FORGET the DIVISION between Israel and Gentiles for 4,000 years)

EX 8:
[23] And I will put a division between my people and thy people: to morrow shall this sign be:

Jesus Re-Established DIVISION 2,000+ yr ago.
(segregation) of People.

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

John.7
[43] So there was a division among the people because of him.

Problem is: people have generationally focused and pepurated DIVISION on SKIN Color...
WHEN:
The DIVISON is ABOUT "Principles" and "Character" and "Individual Standing".

RACE in Scripture:
Is NOT about SKIN Color.

RACE in Scripture:
IS about Being DIVIDED, SET APART, on a STRAIGHT and NARROW path;
RACING TOWARD; Achieving the Principles, Character and Individual Standing Acceptable to the Lord God Almighty.

It's an Old worn out Tactic to Observe RACE highlighted being about Skin color.

People, (of every Skin Color under the sun) CONGREGATING together, Racing on the Same Path...are SO OVER...explaining, defending their Position...has Nothing to Do with SKIN color...

Rom 1:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Cor 14:
[38] But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

* Yes there IS Redress of Government.
* Yes there IS a lawful Procedure for Redress of Government, in ones OWN Jurisdiction.
* No...Government Redress IS NOT, MOBS inciting RIOTS of Attacks and Destruction of Property.
* No... participating or supporting such UN-lawful Activity IS being SET APART (with the Lord) according TO the Lords DIVISION.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: historyb

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
What we are seeing is people using racism as an excuse for being criminals and haters of their fellow human beings. That's being worse than what they claim to be fighting. Perhaps you remember what King said about that. You can not fight hate with hate. And there's plenty of black people who understand and are just as disgusted by all this as anyone.
What does that have to do with your repeated attempts to minimize and downplay racism against blacks?

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Hmmm if someone steals a taser from a police officer, of course he is going to use his gun.
He had already discharged the taser (and it was a one-shot taser) when he was shot in the back.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This could be the discovery channel... according to who can take a theory and turn it into a false fact in under an hour.

Proof it was a one shot tazer. LOL

Uncooperative-
Driving drunk-
Assaulted an Officer-
Stole an Officers weapon-
Ran like a real upstanding citizen-

:eek:

Reactions: historyb