Fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I'm sure that would go well. I could go out and hold a sign saying "All lives matter." and see how many positive responses I get. Or "Thank you, LEO's for your service."
That's what you think "listening" is? Wow......just....wow.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously? Once slavery was over racism ended? What the heck is wrong with some of you?

Oh good grief...people don't like to be around other people for all kinds of reasons. And it has next to nothing to do with the color of a person's skin and moreso on their behaviors and differences of NOT liking the same things.
I hate Rap music...Rap music is commonly identified with Blacks, so what? Blacks may not like country music, but I do, so what?

As far as Skin color...Some whites are stark white and want darker skin, some blacks are Coal black and WANT high yellow skin...are they Racist against themselves or family members because they WANT their skin tone the color of a sibling?

Screaming Racist every time there is an issue between a black person and white person is a load of BS. And the ones Screaming are on the outside looking in. They have no clue what that a person hates! Hell either person could be happily married to a person of another race for all they know.

How do you know ANY person is a Racist?
You don't until you have heard THEM say they hate all people of a particular Race!

What the heck is wrong with you?
Are you seriously hoodwinked into believing EVERY Individual DOES NOT have Likes and Dislikes about other people that has Nothing whatsoever to do with other person's Skin color?

Some people are PROUD of their skin color...whatever that means...and Some people are proud of their Accomplishments.

Sheesh!

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Oh good grief...people don't like to be around other people for all kinds of reasons. And it has next to nothing to do with the color of a person's skin and moreso on their behaviors and differences of NOT liking the same things.
I hate Rap music...Rap music is commonly identified with Blacks, so what? Blacks may not like country music, but I do, so what?

As far as Skin color...Some whites are stark white and want darker skin, some blacks are Coal black and WANT high yellow skin...are they Racist against themselves or family members because they WANT their skin tone the color of a sibling?

Screaming Racist every time there is an issue between a black person and white person is a load of BS. And the ones Screaming are on the outside looking in. They have no clue what that a person hates! Hell either person could be happily married to a person of another race for all they know.

How do you know ANY person is a Racist?
You don't until you have heard THEM say they hate all people of a particular Race!

What the heck is wrong with you?
Are you seriously hoodwinked into believing EVERY Individual DOES NOT have Likes and Dislikes about other people that has Nothing whatsoever to do with other person's Skin color?

Some people are PROUD of their skin color...whatever that means...and Some people are proud of their Accomplishments.

Sheesh!
So there's no racism and hasn't been any since slavery ended...it's just that some people don't like being around other people.

This is just too ridiculous to even bother with. I swear if I wrote this into a book called "things Christians say" no one would believe it.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there's no racism and hasn't been any since slavery ended...it's just that some people don't like being around other people.

This is just too ridiculous to even bother with. I swear if I wrote this into a book called "things Christians say" no one would believe it.
No one said there's not racism. You don't even hear what people are actually saying, you just set up straw men and knock them over.

Reactions: Taken

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what you think "listening" is? Wow......just....wow.
I already know what they want. They want power. And they are getting it by using violence and working young people who are clueless about what is really going on into a frenzy. If you can't see that you have not been paying attention.

This will work until the young people look around one day and notice that everything the Right told them would happen, has happend, and it's more dangerous world, more violence, and killing and more unrest, that was the result of their protests. By that time, the young people will be older and wanting a more stable world and they will be demanding a stronger police force. And so it goes...

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
No one said there's not racism. You don't even hear what people are actually saying, you just set up straw men and knock them over.
So you acknowledge that there is indeed racism in the US. There's your first step in understanding what the protests are about.

I already know what they want. They want power. And they are getting it be violence. If you can't see that you have not been paying attention.
Who's "they"?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law says that when someone fleeing they are no longer a threat. Shooting them in the back is murder.

Thanks for reminding us to look at the Law!

Guess you didn't bother actually looking up the LAW that Applies to the Public at Large, and circumstances AND the Law that Applies to "Authorized Government" Authorities and Circumstances.

You keep commenting Police can do this and that, but you can't...
NO KIDDING!!

No, shooting a person Anywhere and Killing them IS Killing them.

Murder is a Legal Term for Illegally Killing a person.

Sheesh!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, it was garbled no matter what, and very insensitive. I'm not sure exactly what he was trying to dance around, but if he was trying to say what I thought he was trying to say, he could've just said slavery was horrible and it allowed whites to prosper at the expense of blacks, and as a white person he enjoys social privileges that blacks generally don't get.

I don't know if he was trying to sound clever, or if he was trying to not use trigger words that would turn off his white conservative viewers, or something else. Whatever he was trying to do, it certainly didn't work!
When I first saw it, I said, "What is someone from Chick-fil-A" doing talking to a gay guy? You know how some in the closet men send out signals with feminine gestures and the like? Some work out too so they look more masculine. I honestly thought he was gay at first. Then I realized he was the homophobe guy. He may be conflicted in more than one way.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you acknowledge that there is indeed racism in the US. There's your first step in understanding what the protests are about.
I already acknowledged that several posts ago. Racism, not oppression. And what is going on will cause more whites to distrust black people. How could it not? They see blacks tearing their own neighborhoods apart.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
When I first saw it, I said, "What is someone from Chick-fil-A" doing talking to a gay guy? You know how some in the closet men send out signals with feminine gestures and the like? Some work out too so they look more masculine. I honestly thought he was gay at first. Then I realized he was the homophobe guy. He may be conflicted in more than one way.
You may be on to something there. The guy does seem to have some internal conflicts.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Law says that when someone fleeing they are no longer a threat. Shooting them in the back is murder.

Thanks for reminding us to look at the Law!

Good Morning Candidus,

I was just wondering if you can please provide a reference for this?

As an Australian looking at this from the outside, I'm aware that our laws are much more strict than in the USA in regards to use of force, but from my understanding even here in Australia cops would be permitted to shoot someone in the back if they were fleeing whilst pointing a firearm back behind them and unloading at people. As such I would be very interested to see exactly how this is written down in American law.

(I know in this case it wasn't a firearm but a taser which changes things - and that changes the conversation - but if what you have stated is a true reflection of the American law, then taser or even firearm is irrelevant - because the law as you have stated it is in regards to fleeing with back turned - no reference to risk - so I'm very interested to view the actual act or regulation's wording on this).

Thanks

Scoot

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Good Morning Candidus,

I was just wondering if you can please provide a reference for this?

As an Australian looking at this from the outside, I'm aware that our laws are much more strict than in the USA in regards to use of force, but from my understanding even here in Australia cops would be permitted to shoot someone in the back if they were fleeing whilst pointing a firearm back behind them and unloading at people. As such I would be very interested to see exactly how this is written down in American law.

(I know in this case it wasn't a firearm but a taser which changes things - and that changes the conversation - but if what you have stated is a true reflection of the American law, then taser or even firearm is irrelevant - because the law as you have stated it is in regards to fleeing with back turned - no reference to risk - so I'm very interested to view the actual act or regulation's wording on this).

Thanks

Scoot
If you watch the video, he had already discharged the taser (a one-shot device) when he was shot in the back.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course there IS Whites who hate every black skinned person...
And "They" have no qualms about saying so.
So What?

And there are Blacks who hate all White people, and have no qualms about saying so.
So what?

(Aside from skinheads)
I have Never personally heard a White person say they hate all black people.

Have You? If so, How many have said that to you?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok let me reword those questions

What law forces the cops to take so long to deal with things in America?

Different laws in different states and cities. I can't pinpoint one exactly because there are so many, the law is on the side of the citizen during a police encounter and the officer has to determine what is what with a prep.

Why does the law get cops to waste time on that silly sobriety test instead of just using a breathelizer which is much more effective?

Because the test is mandated by law and the officer has to follow procedure

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the biggest mistake about this one is the guy stole the taser.

Exactly and by Georgia law a police taser is considered a deadly weapon. A police officer must be licensed to use that taser, it is not just something anyone can use.

Reactions: Scoot and Taken

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Of course there IS Whites who hate every black skinned person...
And "They" have no qualms about saying so.
So What?

And there are Blacks who hate all White people, and have no qualms about saying so.
So what?

(Aside from skinheads)
I have Never personally heard a White person say they hate all black people.
Do you believe blacks have equal status, authority, and power in the US as whites?

Have You? If so, How many have said that to you?
"I hate all black people"? None that I can recall. I have however had three different officials at different work places say to me that they will not hire any blacks (they used the n-word). I've also heard several white people in positions of authority refer to blacks in extremely racist terms. As I've described here before, I've also experienced the difference between being pulled over by the police when with my white friends and with my black friends. I've seen college professors treat black students with high degrees of suspicion for no reason. I've seen department store security follow black patrons around for no reason. I've heard government officials refer to blacks in racist terms.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also for those who say the taser was empty, it wasn't and the prep was using a deadly weapon according to Georgia law so you all think that they aren't deadly talk to the Governor of Georgia. To use The police taser a person must be licensed and that taser that the prep had can kill. It is a deadly weapon, period.