Fatigue/Work Stress

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you wouldn't mind taking the time, @SERVANTedu and I are just exhausted from work, among other life responsibilities and things that we need to do.

Not much of anything is helping our energy levels and keeping up is really hard. We need relief.

I know this is bad, but I'm drinking a 2-3 energy drinks daily and I am still tired. I have all of the B12 and my body still doesn't care.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah Fluffy, God does not care how hard you work, what He cares about is that the work that you do for His sake brings Glory to His name.

It is not the quantity of the work that is pleasing to God, it is however the quality of the work that is pleasing to Him.

What pleases God the most is the quality of our relationship with Him. Putting God as the most important aspect of how we live our lives is paramount in reducing how exhausted we become when we forget what is important. What is important is simple just strolling hand in hand with God in unity and in agreement with Him.

Shalom

PS: - It is good to see that you are still around on the ridges.

Reactions: Debp and DuckieLady

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you wouldn't mind taking the time, @SERVANTedu and I are just exhausted from work, among other life responsibilities and things that we need to do.

Not much of anything is helping our energy levels and keeping up is really hard. We need relief.

I know this is bad, but I'm drinking a 2-3 energy drinks daily and I am still tired. I have all of the B12 and my body still doesn't care.
Not sure what you're asking fluffy, but happy to see you around.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...And probably a midwest-ish winter doesn't help. My wife got me a light that's supposed to better mimic the spectrum of God's mark-1 sunlight, but it doesn't do anything for me.

Okay; prayers for you and SERVANTedu.

It's good to see you around, Fluffy lady of fiery yellow ducks (who wear lace?).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
...And probably a midwest-ish winter doesn't help. My wife got me a light that's supposed to better mimic the spectrum of God's mark-1 sunlight, but it doesn't do anything for me.

It's good to see you around, Fluffy lady of fiery yellow ducks (who wear lace?).
quack quack!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You might be overworking yourself. Make sure you have a healthy diet. Get the rest you need. I don't think caffeine is helpful, in the long run.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying God blesses you both with endurance. He does bless us with endurance when we serve him. I know he likes to have people in his service and blesses them for that.

I drink coffee to combat the fatigue of the meds I have to take and it works for me. I only drink energy drinks when I drive for longer distances as it is appropriate then. So I'm not really familiar with daily energy drinks. So I'll just pray. I do have a testimony that God can bless us with endurance. Just sharing that with you I suppose.

Reactions: DuckieLady

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When I was closer to your age I learned an important lesson. I needed to learn how to say, "No."
I needed to take charge of my life and my health. I needed to do surgery on my calendar.
I crossed out items and added REST to me schedule. I felt guilty turning down work at church,
but someone else needed to be asked to help. The church did not suffer, and I benefited.

For you, I pray shalom rest. "Be still and know that I am God."

You might be overworking yourself. Make sure you have a healthy diet. Get the rest you need. I don't think caffeine is helpful, in the long run.
That's some good advice. Especially the bit about rest.

/

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think this is a big part of it. I am actually considering getting those light therapy bulbs in our main family areas. They're just kind of expensive investment, so I'm still debating.

The snow is a lot but it has been nicer this time around. I've been able to get all of my product in without any issues so that's good.

I don't think it's helpful either. It gets me through and it's probably in my pre-workout, too. Maybe one of these days when I get extra time.

But I did sleep last night and to be honest, I haven't been sleeping well. My RLS usually keeps me up all night. So rest and more green food might do a lot of good. I feel better so far.

@SERVANTedu is a different story. He wakes up around 5ish and works 10 hour days.

We started making our own kombucha to wean ourselves off of energy drinks. It's $4.99 a bottle here and two a week usually help me with energy and pain relief from inflammation.

Problem is I need to wait another five days for first fermentation.

I'm rambling. I'm going to keep quiet now.

Reactions: dev553344

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Energy drinks have lots of caffeine and sugar, a temporary stimulant, but you crash. Maybe you are anemic. Women need iron.
Healthy fats like coconut oil, avacado ... yield more calories for fuel.
Also it helps to exercise first thinking the morning to get your engine going, and have a healthy breakfast ( which some say is the most important meal). Good protein eleviates hunger cravings. Fruits for snacks instead of these energy drinks.
Sucralose and nutrasweet are toxic and typically in lots of foods and diet drinks. They mess up digestive system and actually contribute to weight gain.
Go organic.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it's helpful either. It gets me through and it's probably in my pre-workout, too. Maybe one of these days when I get extra time.

But I did sleep last night and to be honest, I haven't been sleeping well. My RLS usually keeps me up all night. So rest and more green food might do a lot of good. I feel better so far.
Green food certainly does no harm. Sugar calories are basically wasted calories, other than to give things a little flavor. Too much fat, especially saturated fat, can cause problems.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Winter hits me hard too. Vitamin d3 helps more than anything the only problem is I only think of taking it when I can tell I’m depleted and it takes time to build back up.

@LadyofFireandLace could you have low vitamin d3? You probably have already thought of it, but it does help my energy to remember to take it regularly, especially in the winter.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take Vitamin D but not potassium. @SERVANTedu was suggesting the same to me recently because of my issues with my legs, but I didn't know it can cause energy issues.

Will try to get a bottle.

Reactions: dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take Vitamin D but not potassium. @SERVANTedu was suggesting the same to me recently because of my issues with my legs, but I didn't know it can cause energy issues.

Will try to get a bottle.
If you don't mind saying, what is the issue with your legs?

If you are overtaxing your nervous system with too many energy drinks on top of stress....that can affect your legs, as well as make you tired.

The reason: when you are very stressed, the blood mainly goes to the heart and brain. It's a fight or flight response. So your legs might get weak because there is a lack of circulation to them.

Also, be careful not to overdo Potassium....that can cause problems.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Fluffy

When Moses was getting overloaded with leading the Israelites, his father in-law advised him to delegate as much as possible his responsibilities in judging the Israelites and to only become involved when the cases were complex. He was advised to find judges from each tribe and to give them the authority to judge the people within their respective tribes.

The lesson for us today is to delegate as much as possible of our workload to others, within set parameters of responsibility, for the delegated tasks. This means that we will reduce our work stress and obtain a better quality of life. It also means that we have time to take proper care of ourselves and time to train others to be able to take over from us, such that when we fall over, there are others to pick up the slack for us and keep the "place" running smoothly.

This means that we reduce the quantity and improve the quality of our work/tasks.

Shalom

PS: - Keep allowing God to draw you into His purposes for you so that you can develop a deeper relationship with the lord.

Reactions: DuckieLady and Debp

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Fluffy

When Moses was getting overloaded with leading the Israelites, his father in-law advised him to delegate as much as possible his responsibilities in judging the Israelites and to only become involved when the cases were complex. He was advised to find judges from each tribe and to give them the authority to judge the people within their respective tribes.

The lesson for us today is to delegate as much as possible of our workload to others, within set parameters of responsibility, for the delegated tasks. This means that we will reduce our work stress and obtain a better quality of life. It also means that we have time to take proper care of ourselves and time to train others to be able to take over from us, such that when we fall over, there are others to pick up the slack for us and keep the "place" running smoothly.

This means that we reduce the quantity and improve the quality of our work/tasks.

Shalom

PS: - Keep allowing God to draw you into His purposes for you so that you can develop a deeper relationship with the lord.
I think you're right and I made a giant daily family chore chart a couple of weeks ago, but everyone kind of stopped paying attention to it. lol
Fortunately everyone is helping me today and I feel a lot better.

Reactions: Debp