• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And one more.
I left one out who is also amazing..
This is Mary of Egypt.

Let me just quote the bio...

""""She began her life as a young woman who followed the passions of the body, running away from her parents at age twelve for Alexandria. There she lived as a harlot for seventeen years, refusing money from the men that she copulated with, instead living by begging and spinning flax.
One day, however, she met a group of young men heading toward the sea to sail to Jerusalem for the veneration of the Holy Cross. Mary went along for the ride, seducing the men as they traveled for the fun of it. But when the group reached Jerusalem and actually went towards the church, Mary was prohibited from entering by an unseen force. After three such attempts, she remained outside on the church patio, where she looked up and saw an icon of the Theotokos. She began to weep and prayed with all her might that the Theotokos might allow her to see the True Cross; afterwards, she promised, she would renounce her worldly desires

Following 47 years in solitude, she met the priest St. Zosima in the desert, who pleaded with her to tell him of her life. She recounted her story with great humility while also demonstrating her gift of clairvoyance; she knew who Zosima was and his life story despite never having met him before. Finally, she asked Zosima to meet her again the following year at sunset on Holy Thursday by the banks of the Jordan.

Zosima did exactly this, though he began to doubt his experience as the sun began to go that night. Then Mary appeared on the opposite side of the Jordan; crossing herself, she miraculously walked across the water and met Zosima. When he attempted to bow, she rebuked him"...
""

Thats interesting, isn't it.
I was not there, so i can't qualify as an eye witness 4 U.
I did not see her walk on water, but Peter walked on water, so, it can be done by a follower of Jesus The Christ.
But i can tell you this, reader, i have myself seen miracles, with my eyes wide open, in the day time and also at night.
God is real. Jesus is alive.
Believe it.
So, im more inclined to not be as skeptical as some who have no experience with the super-natural.
You know, an answered prayer is a miracle, that happens constantly in this world.
Being born again, is a miracle that happens constantly in this world.
A miracle is when God steps into a wrong situation and changes a painful or harmful circumstance in a miraculous way, making it right, according to Truth and Light & Mercy and Holiness.
-
523376_4933443487856_288870333_n.jpg

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heroic virture is the basis for canonized saints!

JUSTIN MARTYR
“We have learned from the prophets and we hold it as true that punishments and chastisements and good rewards are distributed according to the merit of each man’s actions. Were this not the case, and were all things to happen according to the decree of fate, there would be nothing at all in our power. If fate decrees that this man is to be good and that one wicked, then neither is the former to be praised nor the latter to be blamed” (First Apology 43 [A.D. 151]).

good books?

the martyrs of the coliseum
And the victories of the martyrs

would it not be injustice to punish vice and not to reward virtue?

“A good deed has God for its debtor Prov. 19:17 just as also an evil one; for a judge is the rewarder in every case Rom. 13:3–4

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Heroic virture is the basis for canonized saints!

JUSTIN MARTYR
“We have learned from the prophets and we hold it as true that punishments and chastisements and good rewards are distributed according to the merit of each man’s actions. Were this not the case, and were all things to happen according to the decree of fate, there would be nothing at all in our power. If fate decrees that this man is to be good and that one wicked, then neither is the former to be praised nor the latter to be blamed” (First Apology 43 [A.D. 151]).

good books?

the martyrs of the coliseum
And the victories of the martyrs

would it not be injustice to punish vice and not to reward virtue?

“A good deed has God for its debtor Prov. 19:17 just as also an evil one; for a judge is the rewarder in every case Rom. 13:3–4

Good one, theefaith.

It can be that reading about the lives/faith/gifts/ministry of these people....... who devoted their life, time, mind, to getting more of God.. seeking God more.....can be such a spiritual enlightenment for you reader as many of these believers had a special touch of God's Grace on them, and their words can really benefit you, especially if you have been "churched" into burn out, or nearly so.

You know what i mean if its you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hildegard of Bingen

Wrote about her previously, but as she's such an accomplished person as well as a "Saint" i thought i'd post more about her from 2 sources.
-

"" She is considered a patron saint of musicians and writers.
A talented poet and composer, Hildegard collected 77 of her lyric poems, each with a musical setting composed by her, in Symphonia armonie celestium revelationum. Her numerous other writings included lives of saints; two treatises on medicine and natural history, reflecting a quality of scientific observation rare at that period; and extensive correspondence, in which are to be found further prophecies and allegorical treatises. She also for amusement contrived her own language. She traveled widely throughout Germany, evangelizing to large groups of people about her visions and religious insights.

Along with her impressive body of work and ethereal musical compositions, Hildegard is best known for her spiritual concept of Viriditas – “greenness” - the cosmic life force infusing the natural world. For Hildegard, the Divine manifested itself and was apparent in nature. Nature itself was not the Divine but the natural world gave proof of, existed because of, and glorified God. She is also known for her writings on the concept of Sapientia – Divine Wisdom – specifically immanent Feminine Divine Wisdom which draws close to and nurtures the human soul.

From a young age, she experienced ecstatic visions of light and sound, which she interpreted as messages from God. These visions were authenticated by ecclesiastical authorities, who encouraged her to write her experiences down. She would become famous in her own lifetime for her visions, wisdom, writings, and musical compositions, and her counsel was sought by nobility throughout Europe"

-

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And one more.
I left one out who is also amazing..
This is Mary of Egypt.

Let me just quote the bio...

""""She began her life as a young woman who followed the passions of the body, running away from her parents at age twelve for Alexandria. There she lived as a harlot for seventeen years, refusing money from the men that she copulated with, instead living by begging and spinning flax.
One day, however, she met a group of young men heading toward the sea to sail to Jerusalem for the veneration of the Holy Cross. Mary went along for the ride, seducing the men as they traveled for the fun of it. But when the group reached Jerusalem and actually went towards the church, Mary was prohibited from entering by an unseen force. After three such attempts, she remained outside on the church patio, where she looked up and saw an icon of the Theotokos. She began to weep and prayed with all her might that the Theotokos might allow her to see the True Cross; afterwards, she promised, she would renounce her worldly desires

Following 47 years in solitude, she met the priest St. Zosima in the desert, who pleaded with her to tell him of her life. She recounted her story with great humility while also demonstrating her gift of clairvoyance; she knew who Zosima was and his life story despite never having met him before. Finally, she asked Zosima to meet her again the following year at sunset on Holy Thursday by the banks of the Jordan.

Zosima did exactly this, though he began to doubt his experience as the sun began to go that night. Then Mary appeared on the opposite side of the Jordan; crossing herself, she miraculously walked across the water and met Zosima. When he attempted to bow, she rebuked him"...
""

Thats interesting, isn't it.
I was not there, so i can't qualify as an eye witness 4 U.
I did not see her walk on water, but Peter walked on water, so, it can be done by a follower of Jesus The Christ.
But i can tell you this, reader, i have myself seen miracles, with my eyes wide open, in the day time and also at night.
God is real. Jesus is alive.
Believe it.
So, im more inclined to not be as skeptical as some who have no experience with the super-natural.
You know, an answered prayer is a miracle, that happens constantly in this world.
Being born again, is a miracle that happens constantly in this world.
A miracle is when God steps into a wrong situation and changes a painful or harmful circumstance in a miraculous way, making it right, according to Truth and Light & Mercy and Holiness.
-
523376_4933443487856_288870333_n.jpg
This clairvoyant you admire is obviously a Satanic being which Scripture condemns us for even talking to someone like.

Sorcery Forbidden
…10Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, practices divination or conjury, interprets omens, practices sorcery, 11casts spells,consults a medium or spiritist, or inquiresof the dead. 12For whoever does these things is detestable to the LORD. And because of these detestable things, the LORD your God is driving out the nations before you.… Deut 18

I don’t know if the religion you embrace has a name, but it certainly isn’t Christianity or those who follow Scripture.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As all spiritually re-born people are called saints in the bible it is difficult to name just one, but the couple who first brought me to Jesus and then mentored me and helped lay the solid foundation my life in Christ is built on would probably be at the top of my list.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don’t know if the religion you embrace has a name, but it certainly isn’t Christianity or those who follow Scripture.

According to your posts.....You really do seem to have an inability to see beyond your very small and self limiting concepts, StanB.

God is more than you know.
Christ is more than you realize.

Also......I dont "follow" any "Catholic" Saint.
My only extant Teacher is Paul the Apostle and the revelation of the Holy Spirit, tho i do listen to other Ministers.
God has given me a very unique ability to Discern, and i USE IT......everywhere, all the time.
I also have a lot of "other" sources that inform me, and it's good to be informed.
I learn something new every day.
Every day.,

Listen now, ... there are some amazing believers, who lived in the past, who had a unique testimony and beautiful walk of faith.
We dont always have to 100% agree with their Theology to be able to gleen from their lives and words some spiritual nuggets.
Often, they wrote it all down, and their words can be motivating, inspiring, and revelatory.

Ive listed a few on this Thread.
You should read their Bios and see for yourself, or you can just continue to keep your mind tightly shut.
Continue to use your Free Will any way you like., as its yours to use as you will.

Last edited: