• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Let us love, since that is what our hearts were made for"

""""Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.""

""""The things that we love tell us what we are.""""

"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like."

"""Charity is the sweet and holy bond which links the soul with its Creator: it binds God with man and man with God."""

"We become what we love and who we love shapes what we become. If we love things, we become a thing. If we love nothing, we become nothing. Imitation is not a literal mimicking of Christ, rather it means becoming the image of the beloved, an image disclosed through transformation. This means we are to become vessels of God´s compassionate love for others. "

Giving is the nature of Love
Caring is the heart of Love
Doing is the proof of Love
Selfishness is the enemy of Love

Reactions: Philip James

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart, and to bring home those who have lost their way.”

“Above all the grace and the gifts that Christ gives to his beloved is that of overcoming self.”

“A humble soul does not trust itself, but places all its confidence in God.”

“Know that the greatest service that man can offer to God is to help convert souls.”

“The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for all that He, in His goodness, sends to us day after day.”

“Let no one mourn that he has fallen again and again: for forgiveness has risen from the grave!”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Julian Of Norwich

""""" The fourteenth-century anchoress known as Julian of Norwich offered fervent prayers for a deeper understanding of Christ's passion. The holy woman's petitions were answered with a series of divine revelations that she called "showings." Her mystic visions revealed Christ's sufferings with extreme intensity, but they also confirmed God's constant love for humanity and his infinite capacity for forgiveness.
Julian of Norwich's Revelations have had a lasting influence on Christian thought."""""

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=
In some ways, the phrase "favorite Saint" is a bit humorous, as all the born again are "Saints".
God has no favorites , He just has those who do more for Him, and understand more from Him.

The Catholic church of course twisted this idea of "Saint" and redefined it as carnal= "famous".
This is carnal, and its not scriptural, but, in the history of the Church there have been some "famous" believers who are well worth learning about, as i find that when i read about the LIFE of someone from the Past who gave everything, gave all, to God, it helps me to to also manifest the same type of ultimate spirituality.

I'll list a few "Saints" for you, and if you are curious, then do a Wiki search, or go deeper and order a book, or do a really refined "Bing" or "Google" or similar search, and see if you are not also captivated and inspired by those who elevated into a Higher Place of Dominion in God.

1. St Francis

2. Mary Of Egypt.

3. Joan of Arc

4. St Bernard Of Clairvaux

5. Hildegard of Bingen

6. Dionysius

7. Richard of St. Victor

8. Gregory of Nyssa

Book you should get :

Foxe's Book Of Martyrs
The Apostle John

BTW- Foxes book of martyrs should be in everyone library as a must read.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are dead saints?

I know right? Those who went on are more alive than we are. They are in reality while we toil away in falsity. We are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. I do believe there are two Christianities one where we never die and one pitiful one where those who go on and are dead with no other hope.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lord, make me an instrument of YOUR peace
Where there is hatred, let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
And where there is sadness, joy
O Divine Master, grant that I may
Not so much seek to be consoled as to console
To be understood, as to understand
To be loved, as to love
For it is in giving that we receive
And it's in pardoning that we are pardoned
And it's in dying that we are born to Eternal Life
Amen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The seemingly dead saints are very much alive -- in Heaven. God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
There are many saints from my church who I miss but still my favourite ones are the ones that are still around.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=
In some ways, the phrase "favorite Saint" is a bit humorous, as all the born again are "Saints".
God has no favorites , He just has those who do more for Him, and understand more from Him.

The Catholic church of course twisted this idea of "Saint" and redefined it as carnal= "famous".
This is carnal, and its not scriptural, but, in the history of the Church there have been some "famous" believers who are well worth learning about, as i find that when i read about the LIFE of someone from the Past who gave everything, gave all, to God, it helps me to to also manifest the same type of ultimate spirituality.

I'll list a few "Saints" for you, and if you are curious, then do a Wiki search, or go deeper and order a book, or do a really refined "Bing" or "Google" or similar search, and see if you are not also captivated and inspired by those who elevated into a Higher Place of Dominion in God.

1. St Francis

2. Mary Of Egypt.

3. Joan of Arc

4. St Bernard Of Clairvaux

5. Hildegard of Bingen

6. Dionysius

7. Richard of St. Victor

8. Gregory of Nyssa

Book you should get :

Foxe's Book Of Martyrs
I can't pick just one. I have to go with the Apostle John - st John :) then the Apostle Paul- st Paul :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who have been 'canonised' by the Catholic church are no more saints than the one who are living today i.e. all of those born again of the Holy Spirit to belong to God. Perhaps many of the so-called saints of old never knew Jesus in a personal way and so are not really saints.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who have been 'canonised' by the Catholic church are no more saints than the one who are living today i.e. all of those born again of the Holy Spirit to belong to God. Perhaps many of the so-called saints of old never knew Jesus in a personal way and so are not really saints.

That's a bold statement, as if you all know what a personal relationship is when you can't even begin to comprehend it since you willingly cut yourselves off from Christ.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's a bold statement, as if you all know what a personal relationship is when you can't even begin to comprehend it since you willingly cut yourselves off from Christ.
How do you make out that I'm 'cut off from Christ'? Is it because I'm not a catholic? I am not cut off from Jesus - willingly or otherwise. The bible calls all Jesus's followers saints.

Reactions: amadeus

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. Eligius (Electrician)
He's my favorite...
St. Christopher is number 2 (travellers)

And let's not forget St Lawrence. (Chef's)

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saint Patrick of course. And top of the morning to ya!! :p (Saint Valentine is in second though since I'm a hopeless romantic.)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you make out that I'm 'cut off from Christ'? Is it because I'm not a catholic? I am not cut off from Jesus - willingly or otherwise. The bible calls all Jesus's followers saints.

I am not Catholic either so no it's not because your not Catholic. It is because you cut yourself off from Christ Real Presence so you willingly cut yourself off just like the disciples in John 6:50-66. Evangelicals (the same as in John 6:50-66) like yourself willingly cut yourself off because you refuse to believe Christ and eat of Him. Not all followers of Christ are real followers just those that do as the Master says:

So Jesus said to them, “I assure you: Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you do not have life in yourselves.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I was just reading more about St. Francis.

He is my favorite "saint", with Hildegard of Bingen and Jeanne Guyon, being my others.
In fact, You might investigate the writings of Hidegard and Jeanne, .... especially Jeanne, as this Saint was very prolific regarding the topic of prayer and inner communion with God.
All 3 of these Saints had a mystic's zeal and unique spiritual insight.

If you unfamiliar with Francis's bio, he was born into a wealthy family, and was a spoiled arrogant, but charming, hedonist.
When he was about 22 he had been in prison for a year having been captured and held for ransom.
While in the dark, small, dank, horrible prison he became ill and started having visions of God.

Fast forward... he devoted his life to Christ after getting a personal audible message from the Lord and took a personal vow of poverty, and never stopped preaching till he was very sick, and died when he was only 44, which was not unusual at that time, as meds were limited and life expectancy time was severely reduced as compared to today.

Francis preached to animals as well as to people.
He usual method to draw a crowd, was to go into a village and stand in the center of it, and start loudly singing hymns to God and Christ.
People would come out to see what this was all about, and he would have them join him and suddenly, revival kicked in..
Thats so amazing !

He is the most famous "saint" and i was personally offended when the most recent pope honored himself by taking Francis's name as his papal title.

Something interesting to note is that in those days, .. religious icons, including the bodies of important religious figures, were often stolen and taken to a village town and put on display.
They literally had to guard Francis's body, after his passing, to keep it from being stolen and used as a display in some town in Italy.
-
statue-of-st-francis-of-assisi-gino-rigucci.jpg