Fed up with God refusing compassion; prayers needed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe some of you have heard about purity rings. It’s a strange practice among some socially conservative Christians where parents pressure their daughters to take vows of abstinence from sex until marriage. Teens who make the commitment wear sterling rings to show their chastity.

Studies on purity ring practices among these Christians show that it doesn’t work. When you look at STD statistics from the abstinence-only participants and compare them with people who don’t make chastity pledges, the rate of sex diseases isn’t any different. There are other studies that examine the first age intercourse, again comparing the same groups: Abstinence-only Christians had sex debuts at later ages, but again their STD rates and notch counts aren’t different than the other group.

Purity rings don’t work because the average age of marriage in the US is 33 for females and 34 for males. Centuries ago couples tied the knot at much earlier ages. That is why back then there were less out-of-wedlock births. Life-time sexual exclusivity may have been more common for the same reason: Marriage just happened earlier.

I’ve actually never had a girlfriend before and want to marry a virgin like myself: I can’t tolerate feeling extreme jealously and resentment over a would-be wife’s history. But still, I disagree with purity ring practices because it sets people up to fail. It essentially gives them a test that is nearly impossible for most people to pass; and when they fail to live up to such difficult standards, they feel lots of shame and worthlessness.

Why would anyone give someone a test that is too hard? It isn’t right. Sadly, God doesn’t share my same views on treating others with compassion…

For well over a decade now, God has been continually putting me through a horrible test that is practically impossible to pass. In fact, I have never been able to live up to his excruciating standards, otherwise I wouldn’t be in such a terrible situation—which again has been happening for over ten years. No end is in sight, and God won’t even tell me when the terror will stop despite having asked him when it will be over. I am completely broken, my life miserable because God refuses to show compassion by stopping his obscene requirement.

God tells me to be perfect. If I’m not, demons are allowed to come and attach onto me. These monsters ruin my life. They are a profound source of distress—and there isn’t anything I can do about it because God is being a complete jerk by telling me he won’t get rid of them unless I’m perfect.

If I do something completely harmless like have a glass of wine, God tells me I sinned, so I have to suffer with monstrous demons who terrorize me and ruin my life. Yet when I do manage to attain perfection, God still refuses to remove the demons: He found some other sin that I committed. So again, no help—just suffering. (In fact, it happened just recently where I somehow managed not to drink for a day, my drinking being caused by the hopelessness that God is causing by putting me through a test I cannot pass, but God didn’t remove the demons. He found other sins that I committed, and the demons spent the night tormenting me.)

I decided to make this prayer request post because something horrible happened this morning. Last night I was kept awake all night by demons. I had to sleep in the early morning hours, being sleep deprived. What happened next? The demons went and murdered other version of me on parallel worlds where the copies of me were atheists. They did so in a truly atrocious way by burning him with fire, murdering him.

I knew the murder (or murders?) would happen right before I fell to sleep, so I begged and pleaded with God for help. But no help came. God didn’t like that I had been imperfect the previous day, so my prayers were worthless to him. I guess another person’s life was worthless to him as well. In fact, I’m so worthless to God that he didn’t even reply to me: He didn’t say, “I won’t help you because you’re imperfect.” Nor did he lie to me in bad faith disguised as good faith and say, “I can’t do anything about it,” knowing well he had the ability to do something about it. God just flat-out ignored me, and people were murdered as I begged God for help.

Please pray for me and ask God to quit putting me through these horrible perfection tests. He knows I will never be capable of being perfect, since nobody is perfect. There is no point in setting me up to fail. Also please pray and ask God to give me permanent kills of the murderous demons tonight despite my imperfections.

Albert Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Will God ever listen to my prayers? Will he ever show some compassion? I must be insane.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for me and ask God to quit putting me through these horrible perfection tests.
God is NOT putting you through tests of perfection. He knows the frailty of man and that his flesh is weak. Scripture says the flesh wars against the spirit daily.
Read what Paul said about his own weakness...
Romans 7: 14-25 (KJV)

Here is an easier translation to read..
Rom 7 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁴ For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
¹⁵ For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
¹⁶ If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
¹⁷ But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
¹⁸ For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
¹⁹ For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
²⁰ Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

²¹ I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
²² For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
²³ But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
²⁴ O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
²⁵ I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I do something completely harmless like have a glass of wine, God tells me I sinned, so I have to suffer with monstrous demons who terrorize me and ruin my life. Yet when I do manage to attain perfection, God still refuses to remove the demons:
This is a lie from Satan...the Bible even says to have a glass of wine for thy bellies sake.
“No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities.”
— 1Tim 5:23 (NKJV)

You are being bound with lies and deception from the enemy to put condemnation on you.
Read your Bible and learn how God really feels about you...
Psalm 139 is a good example of how God loves you.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe some of you have heard about purity rings. It’s a strange practice among some socially conservative Christians where parents pressure their daughters to take vows of abstinence from sex until marriage. Teens who make the commitment wear sterling rings to show their chastity.

Studies on purity ring practices among these Christians show that it doesn’t work. When you look at STD statistics from the abstinence-only participants and compare them with people who don’t make chastity pledges, the rate of sex diseases isn’t any different. There are other studies that examine the first age intercourse, again comparing the same groups: Abstinence-only Christians had sex debuts at later ages, but again their STD rates and notch counts aren’t different than the other group.

Purity rings don’t work because the average age of marriage in the US is 33 for females and 34 for males. Centuries ago couples tied the knot at much earlier ages. That is why back then there were less out-of-wedlock births. Life-time sexual exclusivity may have been more common for the same reason: Marriage just happened earlier.

I’ve actually never had a girlfriend before and want to marry a virgin like myself: I can’t tolerate feeling extreme jealously and resentment over a would-be wife’s history. But still, I disagree with purity ring practices because it sets people up to fail. It essentially gives them a test that is nearly impossible for most people to pass; and when they fail to live up to such difficult standards, they feel lots of shame and worthlessness.

Why would anyone give someone a test that is too hard? It isn’t right. Sadly, God doesn’t share my same views on treating others with compassion…

For well over a decade now, God has been continually putting me through a horrible test that is practically impossible to pass. In fact, I have never been able to live up to his excruciating standards, otherwise I wouldn’t be in such a terrible situation—which again has been happening for over ten years. No end is in sight, and God won’t even tell me when the terror will stop despite having asked him when it will be over. I am completely broken, my life miserable because God refuses to show compassion by stopping his obscene requirement.

God tells me to be perfect. If I’m not, demons are allowed to come and attach onto me. These monsters ruin my life. They are a profound source of distress—and there isn’t anything I can do about it because God is being a complete jerk by telling me he won’t get rid of them unless I’m perfect.

If I do something completely harmless like have a glass of wine, God tells me I sinned, so I have to suffer with monstrous demons who terrorize me and ruin my life. Yet when I do manage to attain perfection, God still refuses to remove the demons: He found some other sin that I committed. So again, no help—just suffering. (In fact, it happened just recently where I somehow managed not to drink for a day, my drinking being caused by the hopelessness that God is causing by putting me through a test I cannot pass, but God didn’t remove the demons. He found other sins that I committed, and the demons spent the night tormenting me.)

I decided to make this prayer request post because something horrible happened this morning. Last night I was kept awake all night by demons. I had to sleep in the early morning hours, being sleep deprived. What happened next? The demons went and murdered other version of me on parallel worlds where the copies of me were atheists. They did so in a truly atrocious way by burning him with fire, murdering him.

I knew the murder (or murders?) would happen right before I fell to sleep, so I begged and pleaded with God for help. But no help came. God didn’t like that I had been imperfect the previous day, so my prayers were worthless to him. I guess another person’s life was worthless to him as well. In fact, I’m so worthless to God that he didn’t even reply to me: He didn’t say, “I won’t help you because you’re imperfect.” Nor did he lie to me in bad faith disguised as good faith and say, “I can’t do anything about it,” knowing well he had the ability to do something about it. God just flat-out ignored me, and people were murdered as I begged God for help.

Please pray for me and ask God to quit putting me through these horrible perfection tests. He knows I will never be capable of being perfect, since nobody is perfect. There is no point in setting me up to fail. Also please pray and ask God to give me permanent kills of the murderous demons tonight despite my imperfections.

Albert Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Will God ever listen to my prayers? Will he ever show some compassion? I must be insane.
Jesus told us not to fornicate (Mark 7:21-22) nor to look lustfully at people (Matthew 5:28) - in other words, sex before marriage isn't allowed. You tell us that they've done studies that show this doesn't work. You can use studies to "prove" anything you want to "prove," but Jesus knows what is best for us.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Moonstone Eterni said: I decided to make this prayer request post because something horrible happened this morning. Last night I was kept awake all night by demons. I had to sleep in the early morning hours, being sleep deprived. What happened next? The demons went and murdered other version of me on parallel worlds where the copies of me were atheists. They did so in a truly atrocious way by burning him with fire, murdering him.

I honestly do not know what you are talking about. God has not made another one of you in a parallel dimension. There is just you. You are on this planet, earth. You have been created in God's image. He has not made another copy of you somewhere else. It is just you. God would never not help anyone because they are imperfect. We can fail sometimes but God does not throw us away because of our failures. 1 John 2:1. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. He did not die for nothing. We were imperfect before Christ died and we are still imperfect now the only difference is that God sent his son to die on the cross because of our imperfections/ sin. Those who believe in Jesus by faith are covered by his grace and when God's see you. He sees his son, he sees the blood of Jesus over you. God sees you as Christ sees you. If you are a believer in Christ, the Holy Spirit will come and dwell in you to be your divine helper, your friend, your teacher, your healer, your support in times of trouble. If you are a believer, then you are "A child of the most high God."

Do not listen to the lies of the enemy! :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You need professional help. I pray you find it.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:7

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

James 4: 7-8

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.