Female Pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene greeting
Galatians 3:26 "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise".

Selene, Selene calm down, if you have put on Christ there is neither male or female. that's all.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
Revelation 21:9 "And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal
Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name".

2 Selene greeting

Like the English language, the Greek words can have more than one meanings. The Greek word "diakoneo" also means "servant." Phoebe was a servant, but did not hold the office of a deacon.
SERVANT.
[ A-5,Noun,G5257, huperetes ]
for which, See MINISTER, No. 3, and OFFICER, is translated "servants" in the AV of Matt 26:58; Mark 14:65 (RV, "officers"); in John 18:36, AV and RV (RV, marg., "officers").

Now for your OFFICE of DEACON, :blink:
Notes: (I) In Rom 11:13, AV, diakonia, "a ministry," is translated "office" (RV, "ministry"). (2) In Acts 1:20, RV, episkope, "an overseership," is translated "office" (marg., "overseership;" AV, "bishopric"). (3) In 1Tim 3:1, the word "office," in the phrase "the office of a bishop," has nothing to represent it in the original; the RV marg. gives "overseer" for "bishop," and the phrase lit. is "overseership;" so in 1Tim 3:10, 1Tim 3:13, where the AV has "use (and 'used') the office of a deacon," the RV rightly omits "office," and translates the verb diakoneo, "to serve," "let them serve as deacons" and "(they that) have served (well) as deacons." (smile).

the truth hurts, don't it. and change is hard, people resist change. just as they resist the HOLY SPIRIT, Acts 7:51 "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

The office of bishop and the office of deacon does exist, which is the reason why the oldest translation have it there. In addition, these offices were mentioned in historical documents by the Early Christians in the first and second century. Those who took the office of deacon were the ones who were considering the priesthood. (Phoebe never became a priest.) Look up the historical document of Hippolytus of the second century. This document speaks of deacons being ordained into the priesthood, and it's clear from that document that they were men. In the history of Christianity, there never has been a female priest or female bishop.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
The office of bishop and the office of deacon does exist, which is the reason why the oldest translation have it there

Change is hard, anyway, question, is pastor a office or a gift?.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene
The office of bishop and the office of deacon does exist, which is the reason why the oldest translation have it there

Change is hard, anyway, question, is pastor a office or a gift?.
God does not change, and Christ is the same today, yesterday and forever. It's man who likes change. Female pastors only exist in our time. They never existed in the first, second, third, or any other century except our time. I will follow the unchanging God. :) The OFFICE of the priesthood is a gift that Christ gave to men......that is why He chose 12 men among His many disciples to become Apostles.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
God does not change, and Christ is the same today, yesterday and forever. It's man who likes change. Female pastors only exist in our time. They never existed in the first, second, third, or any other century except our time. I will follow the unchanging God. :)

Hebrews 7:11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law". see selen, God don't change, but he changes things. see God change your OLD priesthood, and the LAW. now do you believe the scriptures?.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Selene said:
Like the English language, the Greek words can have more than one meanings. The Greek word "diakoneo" also means "servant."
That's exactly right. The word servant, διάκονον, implies nothing about being in a church office or leadership. Literally, it's the complete opposite of leadership. It's a common word, and used frequently in the Bible to mean a lowly secular servant (as in a waitress serving tables).

But, feminists hate God's Word and so they try to play gotcha games with the Bible. Paul describes an office of deacon, διακονείτωσαν, as one reserved for a male of the highest character. But, because Paul uses a form of the word servant, feminists insist that Phoebe therefore holds the office of deacon. But, Paul calls her a servant, διάκονον, not someone with the office of deacon, διακονείτωσαν.

The only way Paul could have avoided feminists misrepresenting Phoebe is if Paul refused to acknowledge her help.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:7 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more".

be blessed

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:7 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more".

be blessed
God wrote the laws in every man's heart.....the same laws that you can still find in the Old Testament. Instead of writing it on a stone tablet, He wrote in it in men's hearts. He shortened it to "love God and love your neighbor", but it's still the same. To love God fulfills the first three Ten Commandments. To love neighbor fulfills the next seven commandments. God did not change the laws, but came to fulfill it.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:15 "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another".

get out of the old please.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
Ephesians 2:15 "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another".

get out of the old please.
I already explained this. To love God covers the first three commandments, to love neighbor covers the next seven commandments. What is actually new is the next sentence that Christ said. "To love neighbor as I have loved you." He showed us how to love. We are to love our neighbor as He loved us. And how did He love us....by dying for us. That is the new one. That is something that has never been taught even in the Old Testament. In the Old Testament, God gave the Law to love their neighbors. To love your neighbor means do not steal from them, do not kill them, etc. But the new one that was added is to love neighbor the way Christ did. He did not change the law, but only added a new one.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
question, do you still have the same old priesthood y/n?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene
question, do you still have the same old priesthood y/n?
101, the priest of the Old Testament and the New Testament were all men. No matter how you try to twist it, this has not changed. If God wanted to give the office of the priesthood to a woman, He would have done so, but He did not. As I said, God chose only the sons of Aaron and Levi to the office of priesthood. He did not choose their daughters. Christ chose men to be His Apostles. He did not choose any woman.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law". our sister Phebe, proved that. how about, Euodias, Syntyche, Trufaina Truphaina, Tryphena, Truphosa, Tryphosa, and Persis. 1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light".

is a nation of men/males only?, NO. a chosen generation, is a generation is of all men/males, NO

what's so hard to understand?.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene
Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law". our sister Phebe, proved that. how about, Euodias, Syntyche, Trufaina Truphaina, Tryphena, Truphosa, Tryphosa, and Persis. 1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light".

is a nation of men/males only?, NO. a chosen generation, is a generation is of all men/males, NO

what's so hard to understand?.

101, do not take the verse out of context. The verse is not saying that the priesthood changed so that women can now be priests. This is what it is saying:

Hebrews 7:9-17 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him. If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need [was there] that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar. For [it is] evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

The changes the Bible is speaking of is between the Levitical priesthood and the priesthood of Melchisedec. Christ did not come from the priests of Levi, but from the priesthood of Melchisedic....a priesthood that existed before Abraham was born. Nowhere in here did God changed the priests from men to women. It was the between one priesthood to another priesthood. Thus, God did not get rid of the priesthood at all. The priesthood of Levi still existed, but the Messiah was not to come from that priesthood. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God made a woman into a priest or pastor. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the priesthood can consist of women.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Everything changed at Christs resurection, but so many run back to teh old ways.

You cant put new wine into an old wineskin, get it. Even teh "modern " day church is a copy of teh old Jewish tradition, it s all countefit to teh "spiritual" things of God

In all His Love

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Selene said:
The Bride of Christ is actually the Church. The Church as a whole is viewed as female despite that her members consist of males and females. The reason the Church as a whole is viewed as female is because she is the Bride of Christ, who will marry Christ, the Bridegroom. And Christ is not a homosexual who will be married to a male.

Excellent point. :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bride of Christ is actually the Church. The Church as a whole is viewed as female despite that her members consist of males and females. The reason the Church as a whole is viewed as female is because she is the Bride of Christ, who will marry Christ, the Bridegroom. And Christ is not a homosexual who will be married to a male.

And that just reflects where your heart is at, wanst even mentioned.

In all His Love

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Name of the :Lord Jesus Christ, to all his saints.

2 Selene, greeting,
you just destroyed your ownself, listen to what you have said,
The changes the Bible is speaking of is between the Levitical priesthood and the priesthood of Melchisedec. Christ did not come from the priests of Levi, but from the priesthood of Melchisedic....a priesthood that existed before Abraham was born. Nowhere in here did God changed the priests from men to women.
here's where you failed, "Christ did not come from the priests of Levi, but from the priesthood of Melchisedic....a priesthood that existed before Abraham was born". Good, I'm glade you said that. listen. Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus". did you get that Selene?, you're a spiritual priest, not a carnal priest according to the flesh, not in christ Jesus. why?

answer, 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more".

by being in Christ you're a priest, offering up spiritual sacrifice listen Selene, 1 Peter 2:5 "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ". our Lord Jesus the Christ is Spiritual, not carnal according to the flesh.

so that crutch want work.

re-read this post, and get it in your heart, not your head.
be blessed.

2 JB_Reformed Baptist, greeting
Excellent point.

you and Selene both need to understand, that's a Spiritual church, which is neither male nor female. not according to the flesh. the word bride is simply an analogy for you who are still in the flesh, to understand spiritual things.

be blessed.

YES THE PRIESTHOOD IS CHANGE

Reactions: jiggyfly

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:

Do you have any scripture to support that the ekklesia- the body of Christ is also the bride of Christ?