Female Pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because someone say they are a Christian, don't make them one, (smile). but what do identify a Christian is this, "the fruit they bare".

old testament, oil was used to anoint PRIEST, and Kings, well what oil is used to today?. the oil, the Holy Spirit.
Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen". everyone is not made. are you one of "US", as John said?.

2 dym, greeting
10g101, all that you said stil does not make the word priestor pastor appear in those versus. haha
it make it "Overseer". :D

just like in the days of Noah, they didn't want to hear the truth, :ph34r:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to all who follow this topic, GINOLJC.

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep"
Barns commentary: A hireling. A man employed to take care of the sheep, to whom wages is paid. As he does not own the sheep, and guards them merely for pay, rather than risk his life he would leave the flock to the ravages of wild beasts. The word translated hireling is often employed in a good sense; but here it denotes one who is unfaithful to his trust; and especially those ministers who preach only for support, and who are unwilling to encounter any danger or to practise any self-denial for the welfare of the church of God. They are those who have no boldness in the cause of their Master, but who, rather than lose their reputation or place, would see the church corrupted and wasted by its spiritual foes

Now Clark commentary: But he that is a hireling Or, as my old MS. Bible reads it, the marchaunt, he who makes merchandise of men's souls; bartering them, and his own too, for filthy lucre. Let not the reader apply this, or any of the preceding censures, to any particular class or order of men: every religious party may have a hireling priest, or minister; and where the provision is the greatest there the danger is most.

Whose own the sheep are not. A hireling priest, who has never been the instrument of bringing souls to God, will not abide with them in the time of danger or persecution. They are not the produce of his labour, faith, and prayers: he has no other interest in their welfare than that which comes from the fleece and the fat. The hireling counts the sheep his own, no longer than they are profitable to him; the good shepherd looks upon them as his, so long as he can be profitable to them.

so we have corrupt hireling, and we have faithful hireling. lets make sure that we do have good responsible hireling. scripture from the OLD TESTAMENT, Malachi 3:5 "And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts".
Hmmmmmm, seems like the LORD will be against those who oppress the hireling in his wages. so apparently the LORD is concern about his faithful hireling

well let us ruffle so unbelievers feathers of women in position as teasher, and ministers, or in leadership positions. Luke 2:36 "And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity; 37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day".

thist word "SERVE" is very interesting. using the online bible lexicon at http://biblesuite.com/greek/3000.htm its the Greek word,
latreuó: to serve
Original Word: λατρεύω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: latreuó
Phonetic Spelling: (lat-ryoo'-o)
Short Definition: I serve, worship
Definition: I serve, especially God, perhaps simply: I worship

in the help word study section: 3000 latreúō (from latris, "someone hired to accomplish a technical task because qualified") – properly, to render technical, acceptable service because specifically qualified (equipped).
Word Origin
from latris (a hired servant)
Definition
to serve

NASB Translation
offer (1), serve (15), served (1), service (1), serving (1), worship (1), worshiper (1), worshipers (1).

NOW, according to Thayer
STRONGS NT 3000: λατρεύω
λατρεύω; future λατρεύσω; 1 aorist ἐλάτρευσα; (λάτρις a hireling, Latinlatro in Ennius and Plautus; λάτρον hire); in Greek writings a. to serve for hire;
b. universally, to serve, minister to, either gods or men, and used alike of slaves and of freemen; in the N. T. to render religious service or homage, to worship (Hebrew עָבַד, Deuteronomy 6:13; Deuteronomy 10:12; Joshua 24:15); in a broad sense, λατρεύειν Θεῷ: Matthew 4:10 and Luke 4:8, (after Deuteronomy 6:13); Acts 7:7; Acts 24:14; Acts 27:23; Hebrews 9:14; Revelation 7:15; Revelation 22:3; of the worship of idols, Acts 7:42; Romans 1:25 (Exodus 20:5; Exodus 23:24; Ezekiel 20:32). Phrases relating to the manner of worshipping are these: Θεῷ (so R G) λατρεύειν πενυματι (dative of instrumentality), with the spirit or soul, Philippians 3:3, but L T Tr WH have correctly restored πενυαμτι Θεοῦ, i. e. prompted by, filled with, the Spirit of God, so that the dative of the person (τῷ Θεῷ) is suppressed; ἐν τῷ πνεύματι μου ἐν τῷ εὐαγγελίῳ, in my spirit in delivering the glad tidings, Romans 1:9; τῷ Θεῷ ἐν καθαρά συνειδήσει, 2 Timothy 1:3; μετά αἰδοῦς καί εὐλαβείας or (so L T Tr WH) μετά εὐλαβείας καί δέους, Hebrews 12:28; ἐν ὁσιότητι καί δικαιοσύνη, Luke 1:74; (without the dative Θεῷ) νηστείαις καί δεήσεσι, Luke 2:37; λατρεύειν, absolutely, to worship God (cf. Winer's Grammar, 593 (552)), Acts 26:7. in the strict sense; "to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship": absolutely, Hebrews 9:9; Hebrews 10:2; specifically, of the priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office: with a dative of the sacred thing to which the service is rendered, Hebrews 8:5; Hebrews 13:10

Uh O, listen Selene, re-read the bold above, and pay special attention to, the reference to Luke 2:37, which duties is, "to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship": absolutely, Hebrews 9:9; Hebrews 10:2; specifically, of the priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office: with a dative of the sacred thing to which the service is rendered, Hebrews 8:5; Hebrews 13:10

well, well, well, well. this woman Anna, a prophetess, performed the duties of a "Priest". well Selene there goes your woman not in the Priesthood out the window. (smile).
I'll let you chew on that for a while.

But be blessed.

to all the saints, from the Lord Jesus, greeting.

for your edification, picking up where we left off at. these two disciples of the Lord, Anna, and, Simeon. they blessed the Holy Child Jesus the Christ. both was devout in their worship to our Great God, and King. while this man Simeon, holding the child in his hands, that same child held Simeon future in his hands. for this child was a comfort to them both. and the word comfort, or consolation used here in Luke 2, which Simeon was waiting for, is the Greek word G3874 παράκλησις paraklesis (par-ak'-lay-sis) n.
1. an imploration, entreaty (urgent request (for mercy or help))
2. an exhortation (urgent counsel, encouragement, or caution)
3. a comfort, solace
[from G3870]
KJV: comfort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty
Root(s): G3870
See also: G3875
it say, see G3875 which is παράκλητος parakletos (par-ak'-lay-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help)
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another)
3. a comforter
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822
See also: G3874
the KJV can translate it "advocate", or in the legal arena is counsel for the defense, a helper. to certify this see John 2:1 and the word "advocate" is G3875. and this "advocate" is the Holy Spirit ( παράκλητος parakletos (par-ak'-lay-tos). the MAN JESUS the CHRIST, our intercessor, our MEDIATOR, is God/the Holy Spirit in Flesh. and notice in Isaiah 9:6 this child is called, Counsellor, that's the G3875, the "HOLY SPIRIT". the MIGHTY GOD, as Isaiah 9:6 say the "Everlasting Father", YES, "FATHER", the one you call "Father".
that's just a side note on the Godhead. now back to Anna. so our Lord chose a man and a woman to bless him. and notice the woman was at the temple, and the man came to the temple. just as today, women are at church first then the man. but this child as Isaiah said, the mighty God was in a man's hand, yes the everlasting father was held by a man. that's mind boggling. but back to Anna and a revelation about her, Luke 2:38 "And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and. spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem". Notice the word "spake" here. remember she's a prophetess, and if you think a prophet is just for foretelling the future, Oh no. listen, she spake of him, meaning the baby Jesus, is the Greek word G2980 λαλέω laleo (lal-eh'-o) v.
1. to talk, i.e. utter words
[a prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb]
KJV: preach, say, speak (after), talk, tell, utter
Compare: G3004, G2036, G5346, G4483
the KJV also can translate it as "PREACH". notice the compare, especially G5346. now where have we heard this before?.
G5346 φημί phemi (fay-mee') v.
1. to show or make known one's thoughts, i.e. speak or say
[(properly) the same as the base of G5457 and G5316]
KJV: affirm, say
Root(s): G5457, G5316
Compare: G3004, G2036, G4483, G2980

the words for a female prophet.
prophetess
G4398 προφῆτις prophetis (prof-ay`-tis) n.
1. a female foreteller or an inspired woman
[feminine of G4396]
KJV: prophetess
Root(s): G4396
it says, [feminine of G4396] so what's G4396
G4396 προφήτης prophetes (prof-ay'-tace) n.
1. a foreteller ("prophet")
2. (by analogy) an inspired speaker
3. (by extension) a poet
[from a compound of ,G4253 and G5346]
Prophets Preach, supportive scripture, Luke 16:16 "The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it". was not John a PROPHET?, YES. take note John preached the "KINGDOM", and Anna preached "JESUS", who is the KING of the KINGDOM.
there it is, Anna was a preacher of the Lord Jesus the Christ, and where was this woman?. that's right in the temple. not out side of it, but inside of the temple. nor just speaking to ONLY the WOMEN. but spake to them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem. other words, "those that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches". for it is the Spirit that speak, and not the "PERSON". Glory to Lord Jesus, he will use a woman just as a man.

be bless, and digest the word of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting to all who follow this topic, in the name of the Lord Jesus all blessing.

while re-reading the book of Philippians, a connection was made which I'm following up on. (haven't finished yet). but this maybe of edification to some.

I would like to add our sister Lydia to a list of prominent women (who might be) leaders in the church of our Lord Jesus Christ. while re-reading Philippians a reference was made back to the book of acts. and I got a better picture of this woman Lydia. which I will share with you.

lets start with how the apostle Paul was sent to this woman.
Acts 16:9 "And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us". this word "MAN" here is interesting. its the Greek word, G5100 τίς tis (tis') p/i.
1. some or any person or object
[enclitic indefinite pronoun]
KJV: a (kind of), any (man, thing, thing at all), certain (thing), divers, he (every) man, one (X thing), ought, + partly, some (man, -body, - thing, -what), (+ that no-)thing, what(-soever), X wherewith, whom(-soever), whose(-soever)

Hmmmmm.......... this do not specify a "MALE". so where and to whom did the Holy spirit lead them?. Acts 16:11 "Therefore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to Samothracia, and the next day to Neapolis; 12 And from thence to Philippi, which is the chief city of that part of Macedonia, and a colony: and we were in that city abiding certain days. 13 And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the "women" which resorted thither". (prayer meeting by the river).

Now, many time I have read these verses, and never got the full impact of what was going on here. I was taught that only women was gathered in prayer, and when I read these verses my mind set just assume so. well, Oh no, not so, lets find out what was going on here. in verses 12 & 13 the apostle and his company was lodging, or abiding in the city, and on the sabbath day went outside the city by the riverside. so it was here where the Holy Spirit lead them. not to the synagogue in the city, but out side the city. to the gathering of the true church, which is in the wilderness, (reference, Revelation 12:6 the church in the wilderness) , in a house, outside the city, by the RIVER. in verse 12, the word resorted, it have the meaning, "gathering". a church in this woman house?. well, well, well.

Acts 16:14 "And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul". notice the things here of this "woman" only, and not the others. 1. she was the HOUSEHOLD LEADER, 2. she "attended" unto the things that was spoken, 3. prayer was made, and this woman was who the apostle spoke to. take note most houses served as churches, that's a bible fact. now another word of interest. the word, "Open", her heart was open by the Lord Jesus, and the word is, G1272, dianoigo.
"to open up completely" (dia, "through," intensive, and No. 1), is used (a) literally, Luke 2:23; Acts 7:56, in the best mss.; (b) metaphorically, of the eyes, Mark 7:34; Luke 24:31; of the Scriptures, Luke 24:32; Acts 17:3; of the mind, Luke 24:45, RV (AV, "understanding"); of the heart, Acts 16:14.

Now I question, why is this woman is getting so much attention, lets see why?. verse 15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us". OK, why not say they was baptized, and why say she was baptized, "and", here household?. well she was the leader. also that word Judged is interesting also. G2919, krino, "to divide, separate, decide, judge," is translated "ordained" in Acts 16:4, of the decrees by the Apostles and elders in Jerusalem. See JUDGE.
Notes: (1) In 1Cor 2:7, AV, proorizo, "to foreordain" (See RV) is translated "ordained." See DETERMINE, No. 3. (2) In Mark 3:14, AV, poieo, "to make," is translated "ordained" (RV, "appointed"). (3) In Heb 9:6, AV, kataskeuazo, "to prepare" (so RV), is translated "were ... ordained. See PREPARE. (4) In Acts 14:23, AV, cheirotoneo, "to appoint" (RV), is translated "they had ordained." See APPOINT, No. 11. (5) In Eph 2:10, AV, proetoimazo, "to prepare before," is translated "hath before ordained" (RV, "afore prepared"); See PREPARE. (6) In Jude 1:4, AV, prographo, lit., "to write before," is translated "were before ... ordained" (RV, "were ... set forth"). See SET (forth). (7) In Acts 1:22, AV, ginomai, "to become," is translated "be ordained" (RV, "become"). (8) In Rom 7:10, AV, "ordained" represents no word in the original (See RV).

question, why did she say, " judged me to be faithful to the Lord". was not they all faithful to the Lord?, why her?. I'll hold this for latter. but lets continue. And she constrained us. She urged us. This was an instance of great hospitality, and also an evidence of her desire for further instruction in the doctrines of religion. Gill commentary here: accordingly the Ethiopic version renders it, "and she was baptized with all her men"; and these were believers, and are called "the brethren", see Acts 16:40.
now, hold it. "and these were believers, and are called "the brethren". I thought that it was all women who was gathered at the prayer meeting at the river?. the answer to that is NO. well lets continue, because it gets better. Acts 16:16 "And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying". Paul and company was lodging in the city, and on their way to Lydia house, the church for prayer, for the Lords house is a house of PRAYER. they meet a young girl possessed of a demon. and when they cast out the demon the man lost, and the young girl, lost their gains, or the money maker was gone. and you know the story. they was beaten and cast into prison. (this is the event of the Philippian jailer). Well upon their release from prison, where did they go when they was told to leave town?, YES, to Lydia House the church, (in the wilderness, outside the city), to say farewell to the members of her household, supportive scripture, Acts 16:40 "And they went out of the prison, and entered into the house of Lydia: and when they had seen the brethren, they comforted them, and departed". that's seal it. the house of Lydia was a church, refuge outside the city (in the wilderness). now revelation chapter 12 is coming into focuses.

I suggest one re-read this event. this is a church that was in the making, and it need help to get on a sure footing. I ask, is this the church that the apostle Paul was writing to in the book of Philippians. and it is also the Place where we know that two women preachers was at, Philippians 4:3 "And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life". who was these women, Philippians 4:2 "I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord".

Now the point is, was Lydia, as instructed by the apostle Paul, a Leader of this church?.

Be blessed.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G said:
Greeting to all who follow this topic, in the name of the Lord Jesus all blessing.
while re-reading the book of Philippians, a connection was made which I'm following up on. (haven't finished yet). but this maybe of edification to some.
I would like to add our sister Lydia to a list of prominent women (who might be) leaders in the church of our Lord Jesus Christ. while re-reading Philippians a reference was made back to the book of acts. and I got a better picture of this woman Lydia. which I will share with you.
Does the Bible have to call a woman a dog and a whore for you not to advertise her as a church leader? Do you think women are worthless unless they're leaders? Why else do you allow no room for women to be anything other than leaders and dogs?

Relative to the church, all we know about Lydia is that she was a Christian who one time gave hospitality to Paul and his group in her home.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Polt
all we know about Lydia is that she was a Christian who one time gave hospitality to Paul and his group in her home

apparently you don't know "ALL" about this woman, so please do yourself a favor, expand your knowledge, and understanding of her.

pastor franszwa

Mar 26, 2013

Woman Priest
Rules : Disgraceful
It is written and must be known. { It is unmistakable clear}
1Corinthians 14:34
Women should remain silent in churches. They are not allowed to speak,
but must be in submission , as the law says.
1Cointhians 14:35
If they want to inquire about something,
they should ask their husbands at home,
for it is disgraceful for a women
to speak in the church.
1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Ephesians 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
Matthew 5:19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
When anyone turns a deaf ear to the word of God, God will ‘give up’ on him/her and allow the devil to control his/her life.
James 1:22 But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves
Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!
Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins,
Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Acts 20:26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men.
Luke 19:40 "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."
[ I’m one of this Stones ] Amen…

abba4youall.net

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 pastor franszwa, greeting in the name of the Lord JESUS the Christ.

I suggest you read all of the topic. that what you have posted have already been explained away.
be blessed.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
If a woman or man claims God has called them to ministerial leadership; who am I to stop, judge or condemn them?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
UHCAIan said:
If a woman or man claims God has called them to ministerial leadership; who am I to stop, judge or condemn them?
God only called the men to become pastors. He didn't call the women, but women would like to think that they were called by God to be His priests.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene, greeting in the name of the Lord JESUS Christ.

God only called the men to become pastors. He didn't call the women, but women would like to think that they were called by God to be His priests.

I can't see how you can be so blind. did you really read the OP. what is the first gift on the Spiritual list in 1 Corinthians 12:8. the Pastoral GIFT, "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit". a word of wisdom is understanding. this gift of God is clearly seen in Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". and promised in Joel 2:28 & 29 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit". Selene prophets PREACH, and is ORDAIN in the church, see I Corinthians 12:28. and this out pouring happen on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance". this gift is found on the list, verse10 " To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy;(meaning to preach), to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues" and the apostle Peter confirmed it, Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel". and Joel said these GIFTS was for men and women. I don't see how you can charge the Lord JESUS with "RESPECT OF PERSON".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
******************************************************************************************

2 sister Selene, greeting in the name of the Lord JESUS Christ.

************************************************************************************************************

Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus". take note, Priscilla is named first.
that word "Helper" is the Greek word G4904 συνεργός sunergos (soon-er-gos') adj.
1. a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor
[from a presumed compound of G4862 and the base of G2041]
KJV: companion in labour, (fellow-)helper(-labourer, -worker), labourer together with, workfellow
Root(s): G4862, G2041
do you know what the word, "coadjutor", in the above definition means?. a bishop assisting a diocesan bishop and often having the right of succession".
well, well, sister Selene LOOK LIKE OUR SISTER Priscilla IS A BISHOP TOO. now look at the compound of this word.
G4862 σύν sun (soon') prep.
1. with or together
2. (in composition) association, companionship, process, resemblance, possession, instrumentality, addition, etc
{much closer than G3326 or G3844; In composition it has similar applications, including completeness}
[a primary preposition denoting union]
KJV: beside, with.
Compare: G3326, G3844
this is the SAME "with", the same "together" or the same association as our sister Phebe is to the apostle Paul. now the apostle is appointing her to that succession. please re-read the definition of a coadjutor. and re-read Romans 16:1 and look at the word "commend".
NOW back to our sister Priscilla. this woman preached, or labored in the word of God. note she is already a BISHOP. the base word, G2041 ἔργον ergon (er'-gon) n.
1. toil (as an effort or occupation)
2. (by implication) an act
[from a primary (but obsolete) ergo "to work"]
KJV: deed, doing, labour, work
see definition #1 above, as an effort or "occupation". you do know what an occupation is, right, "business". this same "business", is what our sister Phebe was sent to do at Rome, Romans 16:2 "That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also".
well Selene, we have another "BISHOP" in the PRIESTHOOD, :D

be blessed

By Grace Alone

Jun 15, 2013
Northern California
I recently read this book by Gilbert Bilezikian:

Community 101: Reclaiming the Local Church as Community of Oneness

He addresses this issue and makes the best case (with biblical references) that I've ever seen for the position that women should be welcomed into the ministry.

BGA

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Polt said:
Does the Bible have to call a woman a dog and a whore for you not to advertise her as a church leader? Do you think women are worthless unless they're leaders? Why else do you allow no room for women to be anything other than leaders and dogs?

Relative to the church, all we know about Lydia is that she was a Christian who one time gave hospitality to Paul and his group in her home.
This is a good point. Today's society has been poisoned with the lies of feminism to the point we buy the argument that any woman denied a pastoral role is being subjugated and relegated as second class citizens. God calls women to an exalted position, but a different position than men and in no way are women inferior to men. But somehow we've now accepted that if a woman's role is not the same as a man's, she's made to be inferior to a man.

What exalted positions has God called women to? A woman became theotokos , the God bearer and portal of salvation into the world. Women were the first witnesses to the greatest event in the history of Creation, the resurrection of Christ. Women minister to the saints and God's holy Church in a way that only women can. The importance of their role cannot be overstated. But the feminist agenda, which is rooted in impious coveteousness, sows discontent with the role of women and advances the lie that women must become like men or be worthless.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 By Grace Alone, greeting,
thanks I'll check it out.

2 This Vale Of Tears, greeting in the name of the Lord JESUS.
God calls women to an exalted position, but a different position than men and in no way are women inferior to men.
are you saying God is a respecter of person?, especially when it come to the ministry gifts?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
101G said:
2 By Grace Alone, greeting,
thanks I'll check it out.

2 This Vale Of Tears, greeting in the name of the Lord JESUS.
God calls women to an exalted position, but a different position than men and in no way are women inferior to men.
are you saying God is a respecter of person?, especially when it come to the ministry gifts?
I'm saying that God created us male and female. Confusing the two genders is an abomination because it's an affront to the natural order God created. This is why cross dressing was prohibited in the Old Testament. Furthermore, we're not talking about gifts, we're talking about roles. Women teach Sunday school, head up ministries, and as is the case in the Catholic Church, are often church managers with greater influence over how a parish is run than even the senior pastor. Women who seek leadership roles have no lack of opportunities, but to be the pastor of a church, that role only goes to a man.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying that God created us male and female. Confusing the two genders is an abomination because it's an affront to the natural order God created. This is why cross dressing was prohibited in the Old Testament. Furthermore, we're not talking about gifts, we're talking about roles. Women teach Sunday school, head up ministries, and as is the case in the Catholic Church, are often church managers with greater influence over how a parish is run than even the senior pastor. Women who seek leadership roles have no lack of opportunities, but to be the pastor of a church, that role only goes to a man.

is not pastoring a gift?, is not prophesying a gifts, is not preaching a gift?. is not the Spirit is the gift is given to do the "work", meaning "office"?. well?.
re-read the OP.
be blessed.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
101G said:
is not pastoring a gift?, is not prophesying a gifts, is not preaching a gift?. is not the Spirit is the gift is given to do the "work", meaning "office"?. well?.
re-read the OP.
be blessed.
No, pastoring is not a gift, it's a calling. And prophesying has nothing to do with being a pastor. Your argument is falling apart faster than Ikea furniture.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 This Vale Of Tears
No, pastoring is not a gift, it's a calling. And prophesying has nothing to do with being a pastor. Your argument is falling apart faster than Ikea furniture.
you didn't read the OP did you?. Oh well. question what is the first gift on the list of Spiritual gifts given in 1 Corinthians 12 starting at verse 8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit". This Vale Of Tears, is this a pastoral gift yes or no?.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
101G said:
2 This Vale Of Tears
you didn't read the OP did you?. Oh well. question what is the first gift on the list of Spiritual gifts given in 1 Corinthians 12 starting at verse 8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit". This Vale Of Tears, is this a pastoral gift yes or no?.

No it isn't. When the New Testament speaks about leadership roles, it talks about specific positions such as apostles, bishop, or presbyter. It doesn't talk about somebody having the gift of pastoring or any such nonsense. Bishops were required to be men "married to one wife" and presbyters (priests) were appointed by bishops. The Church from the beginning had a formal authority structure beginning with the 12 apostles chosen by Christ, though one of them died and a replacement was elected. Nowhere do you see in the New Testament or the early church females being appointed as pastors. It was a concept utterly alien to the early Christians.

But historical context is evidently unimportant to you as you attempt to wrest out of the Bible affirmation of your errant beliefs. I have no cure for your recalcitrance.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 This Vale Of Tears
No it isn't. When the New Testament speaks about leadership roles, it talks about specific positions such as apostles, bishop, or presbyter. It doesn't talk about somebody having the gift of pastoring or any such nonsense. Bishops were required to be men "married to one wife" and presbyters (priests) were appointed by bishops. The Church from the beginning had a formal authority structure beginning with the 12 apostles chosen by Christ, though one of them died and a replacement was elected. Nowhere do you see in the New Testament or the early church females being appointed as pastors. It was a concept utterly alien to the early Christians.
But historical context is evidently unimportant to you as you attempt to wrest out of the Bible affirmation of your errant beliefs. I have no cure for your recalcitrance.

#1. Pastoring is a gift. Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit.
a word of wisdom is "UNDERSTANDING", Wisdom: [ 2,,G5428, phronesis ] "understanding, prudence". and a word of knowledge is "KNOWLEDGE". Just as God said in Jeremiah 3:15, re-read it. so Pastoring is a gift.

now for your PASTOR as an appointment. lets see, 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues".
that word "SET" here in 1 Corinthians 12:28 is the Greek word, G5087 τίθημι tithemi (tith'-ay-mee) v.
1. to place (properly, in a passive or horizontal posture)
{in the widest application, literally and figuratively; differs from G2476, which properly denotes an upright and active position, while G2749 is properly reflexive and utterly prostrate}
[a prolonged form of a primary theo theh'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses)]
KJV: + advise, appoint, bow, commit, conceive, give, X kneel down, lay (aside, down, up), make, ordain, purpose, put, set (forth), settle, sink down
Compare: G2476, G2749
there's our Words, "ORDAIN", and "APPOINT". so where is your word "PASTOR". notice GOD "set" appoint, or Ordain, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues". so where is your word "PASTOR". remember the word Pastor is another word for BISHOP, and OVERSER. well?.

2 trail of tears, greeting in the name of the Lord JESUS Christ.

I have notice you haven't answered 1 Corinthians 12:28. fear not, your Pastor, the "WORK" of the Bishop, the General "overseer ship" is there within 1 Corinthians 12:28. but it is Spiritually hidden, and one need Spiritual eyes to see it. did you not know that an apostle is a gifted Pastor/Bishop/Overseer?. as well as Prophets are Pastors, as well as teachers, are Pastors. for Pastoring is a gift. well lets see it. the apostle Peter. 1 Peter 5:1 "The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed. 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind".
Peter said that he was an Elder, what was the Elder to do?
#1. Feed the flock of God. who do this. remember Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". can Peter appointment as a Pastor be confirm, yes. John 21:16 "He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

#2. taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind. who do these things?, well lets see, 1 Timothy 3:1 "This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous". that word "oversight" tell us that it is the Bishop. it's the Greek word, G1983 ἐπισκοπέω episkopeo (ep-ee-skop-eh'-o) v.
1. to oversee, inspect
2. (by implication) to beware
[from G1909 and G4648]
KJV: look diligently, take the oversight

So hence the Bishop, the overseer is the "Work", or the "Deed", and the gift to do this deed is the gift of PASTORING. to feed. for there is no word for the OFFICE, but its a "work", or "DEED". now notice the Bishop is to TEACH.

what about the apostle Paul, was he a Pastor/Bishop/overseer/Teacher/Prophet?, Yes.
#1. as a Prophet: 1 Corinthians 13:1 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing". Prophets Prophesies, or preach the GOSPEL. Prophets, to declare, by or as if by divine inspiration speak God mind". ,G4394, propheteia signifies the speaking forth of the mind and counsel of God". O.T. prophets foretold of what was coming. now that which was foretold is here. no longer a need to "foretell". now is the time to tell, or to speak.

#2. as a Pastor/Bishop/Overseer: same verse. 1 Corinthians 13:2 " And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing". there it is, the pastoral "GIFT", understanding and Knowledge is the Pastoral gift. (see Jeremiah 3:15 again).

#3. as a Teacher: 1 Corinthians 4:17 "For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church".
so we see the apostle, in a different light. as prophets, Pastor/Bishop/Overseer, and teachers. this "WORK" and the gift to do the work is called Pastor gift. but not all are apostles, not all are prophets, and not all are teachers.
and this, and these "Gifts" are for men and women. How do we know this?. the bible, God word say so. Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions". God gifts will be poured out on all flesh, including "women", "Daughters as Joel said. and these Gifts was poured out on the day of Pentecost. and How do we know this. the apostle Peter in God word said so. Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel. 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy (the gift of Pastor), and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved". so go back and read Joel 2:28 & 29 for your self and see.
God, the Lord JESUS promise that his spirit will be poured out on both "Sons", and "daughters". is God a respecter of person?, NO, and I say again, NO. he's not a respecter of PERSON. now if one have a problem with that, take it up with the Lord JESUS. whom you suppose to serve, and "OBEY". so lets get to obeying, :D

be blessed.