Female Pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do they have the same conclusion yes or no?

determination
the act of coming to a decision or of fixing or settling a purpose
the act or an instance of making a decision
2. the condition of being determined; resoluteness
3. the act or an instance of ending an argument by the opinion or decision of an authority
5. a decision or opinion reached, rendered, or settled upon

determine
to settle or decide (a dispute, question, etc.) by an authoritative or conclusive decision.
to conclude or ascertain, as after reasoning, observation

determination
5. a decision or opinion reached, rendered, or settled upon

is this not the same

determine
to settle or decide (a dispute, question, etc.) by an authoritative or conclusive decision.
to conclude or ascertain, as after reasoning, observation

is the result the same?

I can't believe how desperate people can be, it's amazing.
try young dictionary. http://www.yourdictionary.com/derivative
derivative
The definition of derivative is something that imitates or is based off of something else. (as well said, feminine of a derivative of G4291)

(adjective) When artwork is heavily influenced by Monet and imitates Monet's style, this is an example of artwork that would be described as derivative.
Derivative means something that is based on another source.

(noun)
A movie that is based on and inspired by an earlier film is an example of something that is derivative.

I hope you can get this worm.

one down and two to go.

your turn ChristRoseFromTheDead, and jb.
I hope you remembered the question directed at you. see posting #426.
thanking you in advance.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 CR DEAD,
do you have anything constructive, not destructive to add to the topic?, or would you like to answer the question I put to you?, well. :huh:

2 cr Dead,

you and jb wanted this topic locked. "This thread ought to be locked!
well here's your golden opportunity to lock it, just show us the Greek word for DEACONESS from the bible.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
101G said:
2 CR DEAD,
do you have anything constructive, not destructive to add to the topic?, or would you like to answer the question I put to you?, well. :huh:
I think humor is very constructive.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK cr dead,
you think?. that's the problem, quit thinking, have faith. haven't I told you about that?.
Word of God 101, (smile) :D

101 #1. 1 Peter 1:14 "As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy".

101 #2 James 3:13 "Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom".

101 #3 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners". :blink:

101 #4 Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, (oops to late for you), but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. :ph34r:

101#5 Colossians 3:8 "But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

and lastly Matthew 5:37 "But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil". :p

be blessed.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Determine and determination do they mean the same thing Yes or No
Haha, this quote from you says it all. I cant even convince you that two different words with different definitions are, in fact, different. Wow.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting to all,
2 wormwood,
I would like to edify this topic with some lasting revelation. the word "among" was disputed by some. as in Romans 16:7 "Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me". so I decided to do a little more research into this matter. using the online parallel bible, I used their lexicon which broke down the word perfectly. the Greek word used here is G1722 ἔν en (en) n.
1. "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.
if one would notice, its a preposition acting as a NOUN. the result was fantastic, just what I was looking for.
online at definition #6, sub b. it states, of a person to whom another is wholly joined and to whose power and. influence he is subject, so that the former may be likened to the place in which the latter lives and moves. So used in the writings of Paul and of John particularly of intimate relationship with God or with Christ, and for the most part involving contextually the idea of power and blessing resulting from that union.
Hold it, not only do this prove that Junia was an apostle. but his same word was used of Phebe in Roman 16:2 as "in" business. here's the online link http://biblesuite.com/greek/1722.htm
goto Thayer's Greek Definitions #6, sub b with the heading, b. of a person to whom another is wholly joined and to whose power and. influence he is subject, so that the former may be likened to the place in which the latter lives and moves. So used in the writings of Paul and of John particularly of intimate relationship with God or with Christ, and for the most part involving contextually the idea of power and blessing resulting from that union .

it also this prove out Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus". that little word "in" , but in CHRIST JESUS give you the power. and, in Philippians 2:29 "Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation".

but the most revealing, it this word "UNION". this seals the deal that our sister was an "overseer". listen
Romans 16:1 " I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
commend, see definition 1, 3 & 4. #2 we know.
G4921 συνιστάω sunistao (soon-is-tah'-o) (or (strengthened) sunistano soon-is-tan'-o, or sunistemi soon-is'-tay-mee) v.
1. to set together
2. (by implication) to introduce (favorably)
3. (figuratively) to exhibit
4. (intransitively) to stand near
5. (figuratively) to constitute
[from G4862 and G2476 (including its collateral forms)]
KJV: approve, commend, consist, make, stand (with)
Root(s): G4862, G2476
this word "Commend" is worth a look at. it's a transitive verb, and carries a lot of weight. commend, Verb used with object: 1. to present, mention, or praise as worthy of confidence, notice, kindness, etc.; recommend: to commend a friend to another; to commend an applicant for employment.
2. to entrust; give in charge; deliver with confidence: I commend my child to your care.
Definition #2, hits it on the head here. "to entrust", "give in charge", "deliver with confidence". lets see if any of this applies to our sister Phebe.
first we will look at the root of this word, G4862. and G2476
First, G4862 σύν sun (soon') prep.
1. with or together
2. (in composition) association, companionship, process, resemblance, possession, instrumentality, addition, etc
{much closer than G3326 or G3844; In composition it has similar applications, including completeness}
[a primary preposition denoting union]
KJV: beside, with.
Compare: G3326, G3844

there's the "UNION" again. do one knows what this means, the apostle Paul was conferring the power of CHRIST, GOD onto this young woman, remember the definition at #6 b. of a person to whom another is wholly joined and to whose power and. influence he is subject, so that the former may be likened to the place in which the latter lives and moves. So used in the writings of Paul and of John particularly of intimate relationship with God or with Christ, and for the most part involving contextually the idea of power and blessing resulting from that union thus

this was an ORDINATION right under our noses. and we failed to see it.

so wormwood check these finding for yousel.

now I must go back and rexamine all these instances of "in" the Lord, or Christ, where it occurs, and check it against this definition

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting to all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Lets add a little more edification our topic. the APPOINTMENT of the Apostle Paul of this young woman Phebe, to an overseer position in Rome, is the following in the foot steps of our Lord and SAVIOUR Jesus the Christ. our Lord appointed people to the ministry beside the 12, Mark 3:14 "And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach". now this, Luke 10:1 " After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come".
what's interesting here is the word appoint.
G322 ἀναδείκνυμι anadeiknumi (an-ad-ike'-noo-mee) v.
1. to exhibit
2. (by implication) to indicate, appoint
[from G303 and G1166]
KJV: appoint, shew
Root(s): G303, G1166

Now the question. the apostle Paul was commission by the Lord himself. and we know from the apostle track record, he obeyed the Lord fully. now if the apostle appointment of this young woman Phebe in the ministry as an overseer was in violation of the Lords will, then I'm sure the apostle would not have made the appointment. and surely this appointment would not have happen if the Lord was against it. for the Lord himself said, Matthew 10:40 "He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me". so the apostle, is acting as our Lord agent. and what the apostle say, or do is just LIKE OUR LORD IS DOING IT.
now the appointment, of the young woman Phebe.
Romans 16:1 " I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea"
that word commend, it says it all, see definition #4
G4921 συνιστάω sunistao (soon-is-tah'-o) (or (strengthened) sunistano soon-is-tan'-o, or sunistemi soon-is'-tay-mee) v.
Original Word: συνίστημι, συνιστάνω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: sunistémi and sunistanó
Phonetic Spelling: (soon-is-tah'-o)
Short Definition: I commend, prove, am composed of, cohere
Definition:
1. I place together
2. commend
3. prove
4. exhibit; instrans: I stand with
5. I am composed of
6. cohere.
word help: 4921 synistáō (from 4862 /sýn, "union, together with" and 2476 /hístēmi, "to stand") – properly, "stand together," referring to facts "lining up" with each other to support (commend) something.
so our sister Phebe, being commend, is an appointment. Listen to Luke 10:1 " After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come"
and that word appoint is
G322 ἀναδείκνυμι anadeiknumi (an-ad-ike'-noo-mee) v.
1. to exhibit
2. (by implication) to indicate, appoint
[from G303 and G1166]
KJV: appoint, shew
Root(s): G303, G1166

and our sister held the position as the male in the same position,
G4368 προστάτις prostatis (pros-tat'-is) n.
1. a patroness, i.e. assistant
[feminine of a derivative of G4291]
KJV: succourer
Root(s): G4291
feminine of a derivative of G4291
and G4291 means, a male in that position
G4291 προΐστημι proistemi (pro-is"'-tay-mee) v.
1. to stand before
2. (in rank) to preside
3. (by implication) to practise
[from G4253 and G2476]
KJV: maintain, be over, rule
Root(s): G4253, G2476

so in conclusion. if the apostle appointed this woman, and the apostle is the Lords delegate. then the appointment was as if the Lord himself appointed her.
and our Lord JESUS is GOD.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if people would just take the time and read. instead of blindly following what someone else said. there are many hidden mystery in the bible, such as this one.

to all, greeting in the name of the Lord Jesus the Christ.

Many, and I mean many Christian don't know ministry, as in titles, functions, and gifts. for instance. 1 Corinthians 12:4 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal". it is the Spirit of our Lord Jesus who preach, teach, and pastor in the church, not us. we are only the vessel through which the Spirit works. all functions are not the same, true. but its the same Lord who worketh them all. titles are useless if one don't know your function. example in verse 5 above, "And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord".
most don't know that the word translated as " administrations" is the Greek word G1248 διακονία diakonia (dee-ak-on-ee'-ah) n.. meaning (KJV) (ad-)minister(-ing, -tration, -try), office, relief, service(-ing). the one who serves in ministry. and the root of this word is
G1249 διάκονος diakonos (dee-ak'-on-os) n.
1. an attendant, a servant
2. (genitive case) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties)
3. (specially) a male Christian serving in a specific function and post (i.e. tending the widows and the poor, teaching, pastoring, etc)
[probably from an obsolete diako "to run on errands"]
KJV: deacon, minister, servant
Compare: G1377
this is Just what our sister Phebe is. that's right a deacon, minister, servant. Romans 16:1 " I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea". now I ask is this ministry discriminatory?. NO. its the Lord's administrations, or his doing by his Spirit, read the body of the topic again. its the Spiritual gifts listed here in 1 Corinthians 12:4. and was foretold of, in the book of Joel 2:28 & 27. and this pouring out was for the new covenant. and our Lord was under the OLD COVENANT when he chose the 12. but now in this NEW DAY, that new covenant day old things are PASSED AWAY, BEHOLD ALL THING ARE NEW. and he still choses whom he wills.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
101G said:
if people would just take the time and read. instead of blindly following what someone else said. there are many hidden mystery in the bible, such as this one.
That's true, there are many hidden mysteries. Unfortunately, you don't engender any confidence that you are one to reveal them.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
The fact is there were no female pastors or priests in the Bible or even among the Early Christians. Female pastors is a "modern" thing found only in the 20th and 21st century. The Old Testament books clearly showed that God called only the "sons" of Aaron and Levi to be priests. He did not call their daughters. And the New Testament showed that Jesus chose only men to be His Apostles.

Like the English language, the Greek name of deacon can also mean "servant." In the same way, the English name "President" also has many meanings. A President does not necessarily mean an elected official representing the people of that country. A President could also mean the leader of the club or organization. The President of a Club is not the same as the President of the United States. The same goes for the word "deacon" in the Greek language.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women in the upper ROOM, and Filled with the spirit.

Acts 1:12 "Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. 13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. 14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. 15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,).
HOLD IT, there was women disciples?. remember, Acts 1:2 "Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen". so amoung the diciples was the 12. with the 12 and the disciples, which were also women, chose an apostle. Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. (the Holy Ghost havent came yet).
Acts 2:1 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance".

Acts 2:14 "But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
the word "standing", here in acts 2:14 is the Greet word,
G2476 ἵστημι histemi (his'-tay-mee) v.
1. to stand
{transitively or intransitively; used in various applications, literally or figuratively}
[a prolonged form of a primary stao stah'-o (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses)]
KJV: abide, appoint, bring, continue, covenant, establish, hold up, lay, present, set (up), stanch, stand (by, forth, still, up)
Compare: G5087, G2749
Now where have we seen this word before?.
Romans 16:1 " I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also".
Succourer means G4368 προστάτις prostatis (pros-tat'-is) n.
1. a patroness, i.e. assistant
[feminine of a derivative of G4291]
KJV: succourer
Root(s): G4291
the root of this word is G4291, which is the male counter part in this position. look at definition #1.
G4291 προΐστημι proistemi (pro-is"'-tay-mee) v.
1. to stand before
2. (in rank) to preside
3. (by implication) to practise
[from G4253 and G2476]
KJV: maintain, be over, rule
Root(s): G4253, G2476
this it is a clear example of what our sister was doing. as in the example of the apostle Peter "standing". he took the "LEAD" in speaking. to stand is to take the "LEAD".
as the word say "to stand", and the root of the word is
G2476 ἵστημι histemi (his'-tay-mee) v.
1. to stand
{transitively or intransitively; used in various applications, literally or figuratively}
[a prolonged form of a primary stao stah'-o (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses)]
KJV: abide, appoint, bring, continue, covenant, establish, hold up, lay, present, set (up), stanch, stand (by, forth, still, up)
Compare: G5087, G2749
identifying exactly what the apostle Peter was doing "taking the Lead".

That's true, there are many hidden mysteries. Unfortunately, you don't engender any confidence that you are one to reveal them. LOL, what have you revealed?. NOTHING.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
Women in the upper ROOM, and Filled with the spirit.
The women in the upper room were not priests. Mary, the mother of Jesus was in the upper room, and she was not a priest. Just because a person has the Holy Spirit does not mean that they are now ORDAINED a priest.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cry all you want, it will not change scripture. verse 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance". here ALL is qualified, by the word EACH, each one was filled. both men and women. the scripture is true. re-read Joel 2:28 & 29 :D

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
Cry all you want, it will not change scripture. verse 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance". here ALL is qualified, by the word EACH, each one was filled. both men and women. the scripture is true. re-read Joel 2:28 & 29 :D
It says that all of them received the Holy Spirit, but it never said that all of them were ORDAINED as priests. Besides, you still have never addressed the fact that God has called only the sons of Aaron and Levi to be priests. He never called their daughters to become priests. I see that you have nothing to say about that. You also have nothing to say about Jesus picking only men to be His Apostles.