Feminism in the Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to pretend. Did you read what you just wrote? Why do you keep referring to the Bible if it isn't necessary??? No consistency Aspen.

The Bible is not necessary for salvation Ducky - Jesus died for our sins before it was written down in a book.

Acts 19:5
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Men are supposed to rule over women. Hmmmmmm, Yes this is true. Women are supposed to submit to their husbands. Hmmmmmm, Yes this is true.

What does it mean to rule? Is a king supposed to sit on his throne and be served and pampered? Is a king supposed to have responsibilities and have charge over his kingdom?

So, to rule over means,,,,,,,,,, To protect, to provide for. The responsibilites of the ruler are to be a servant, not to be served. If a ruler does his job correctly, the people under his rule will serve him because he does what he's supposed to.

So, a husband ruling over his wife is supposed to guide her, help her, provide for her, protect her, and is supposed to do this out of love. A bad ruler who causes revolt in his kingdom makes demands, and does not take into consideration the feelings, ideas, and well being of those under his rule.

What does it mean to serve? To give everything the ruler demands? I don't think so.

To serve recognises the ruler, and that the ruler is doing his job and has a job to do. To serve means not trying to gain the rulers responsibilities, and to help and assist in any way possible to make ruling easier and more pleasant for all involved. A true servant recognises that the job and responsibilites of the ruler are not theirs.

It's a partnership, where one does and the other reciprocates. You can't have two rulers on equal footing, Just like Jesus says, "You can't serve two masters" The same way, if men and women were equal in position in the marriage, there will be fighting and neither will help the other because they both feel it's their "right" to do this or that.

For what ever reason God chose a male to be the leader, and the female to be the servant.

The problem is, women don't like that word "servant" and people get ate up about "In Christ, there is no male or female". This has nothing to do with the subject at hand, but only dealing directly with salvation and eternal life.

I think if people would put down their bibles for one whole month and read the definitions in the dictionary we'd have way fewer debates, and there would be no such thing as femenism in the church.

Awesome post!
I don't know why so many women have a problem with 'servant', especially Christian women. Jesus Himself came as a servant...can't get a higher recommendation than that!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The Bible is not necessary for salvation Ducky - Jesus died for our sins before it was written down in a book.
Where did you get that? From the Bible.
Acts 19:5
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
And again.
Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
And again.

You will find out that the Bible is indeed necessary for our salvation. After all, it is God's Word. You may not need God's Word, but I do.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did you get that? From the Bible.

And again.

And again.

You will find out that the Bible is indeed necessary for our salvation. After all, it is God's Word. You may not need God's Word, but I do.

You are making the Bible and Jesus necessary for salvation - where do you get that from the Bible? The NT wasn't written for at least 30 years after Christ died and rose again - Wake up Ducky! Reality is calling!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You are making the Bible and Jesus necessary for salvation - where do you get that from the Bible? The NT wasn't written for at least 30 years after Christ died and rose again - Wake up Ducky! Reality is calling!
You wouldn't know about Jesus without the Bible. Yes, reality is calling Aspen.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So are you saying that Jesus is only a character in a book?
Actually that's what it sounds like YOU are saying. I believe your word was 'myth'.

Luke 17:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that's what it sounds like YOU are saying. I believe your word was 'myth'.

Luke 17:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

Why are you turning this back on me? I believe Jesus lived and breathed and preached, independently of a book that was written about him

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
How so? It is a fact.
Your statement is without evidence. How can it be fact? How did you know about the crucifixion? The virgin birth? That Jesus is God? What did you 'know' about Jesus before you could read?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement is without evidence. How can it be fact? How did you know about the crucifixion? The virgin birth? That Jesus is God? What did you 'know' about Jesus before you could read?

You have to be kidding!!

So children can not be Christians? I knew enough to be in a loving relationship with Jesus.

You really are heaping requirements onto salvation - horrifying!

A relationship with Christ is all that is required

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You have to be kidding!!

So children can not be Christians? I knew enough to be in a loving relationship with Jesus.

You really are heaping requirements onto salvation - horrifying!

A relationship with Christ is all that is required
Just pointing out your inconsistency Aspen. You say we don't need the Bible to be saved but continually refer to the Bible. Sin is a matter of doing what we know is wrong. Children do not know.

What did you know about Jesus before you could read Aspen?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just pointing out your inconsistency Aspen. You say we don't need the Bible to be saved but continually refer to the Bible. Sin is a matter of doing what we know is wrong. Children do not know.

What did you know about Jesus before you could read Aspen?

Ducky you cannot have it both ways.

Demanding scripture and then criticizing me when I provide scripture or rely on the Bible.

The fact is, I learned about Christ from listening before I could read - the same way illiterate people have been doing it for centuries. Even if the Bible disappeared - people would still have the Spirit and pass down information about Jesus. How do you think it was done before writing was invented?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ducky you cannot have it both ways.

Demanding scripture and then criticizing me when I provide scripture or rely on the Bible.
No Aspen. I want you to explain how Jesus taught "myth" and yet you rely on His teachings.
The fact is, I learned about Christ from listening before I could read - the same way illiterate people have been doing it for centuries. Even if the Bible disappeared - people would still have the Spirit and pass down information about Jesus. How do you think it was done before writing was invented?
Muslim children learn about a Jesus too. A different Jesus than Jesus of the Bible. What did you learn about Jesus before you could read? Who taught you? The teacher makes all the difference.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Aspen. I want you to explain how Jesus taught "myth" and yet you rely on His teachings.

What does that even mean? It makes absolutely no sense and certainly has nothing to do with my post. Is the answer to your comment "I like pickled pigs feet?" Because it makes about as much sense.

Muslim children learn about a Jesus too. A different Jesus than Jesus of the Bible. What did you learn about Jesus before you could read? Who taught you? The teacher makes all the difference.

My teacher has the Spirit. Big difference from Muslim teachers.