Finding Hope in Times of Darkness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That answer doesn't even address my question at all. What does that have to do with Job?
My answer has nothing at all to do with job as I did not answer your question as I live in the present and my life is not made better by answering your questions about a real or fictional past person. Do you believe that I am required to answer your questions? Because I assure you that I am not.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer has nothing at all to do with job as I did not answer your question as I live in the present and my life is not made better by answering your questions about a real or fictional past person. Do you believe that I am required to answer your questions? Because I assure you that I am not.
Do unto others as you would have then do unto you.
If you want to avoid answering questions then don't ask questions of others. Simple. :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our only hope in times of darkness is in the Light of the World.

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do unto others as you would have then do unto you.
If you want to avoid answering questions then don't ask questions of others. Simple. :)
You ask me what a biblical figure would have said

Now I will answer this question

1. I do not know, and I do not care as it has no impact on my present.

Was job a real person, refer to #1.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our only hope in times of darkness is in the Light of the World.

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’
Wrong as there really are medications that allow depressed persons to see the light
But the person must ask for help

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong as there really are medications that allow depressed persons to see the light
But the person must ask for help
And no marvel for even satan can appear as a angel of light . There are no medications that lead anyone to the light of Christ .
Medications at most ease some symptoms but they sure can cloud the mind as well .
You ever seen the list of side effects on most drugs . As i said at most these drugs can ease some symptoms
and they too can increase other symptoms just as deadly if not worse .
So while i condemn none for taking a medication , i do speak truth when i say , it wont lead them to THE LIGHT of CHRIST .
Ever watched a bipolar medication commericial . I see often increased risks of suicide . Or depression commericals , same thing .
That wont be leading anyone to the light . At most their symptoms might ease up , but then at worst things can sure get worse as well .

Reactions: Pearl

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no marvel for even satan can appear as a angel of light . There are no medications that lead anyone to the light of Christ .
Medications at most ease some symptoms but they sure can cloud the mind as well .
You ever seen the list of side effects on most drugs . As i said at most these drugs can ease some symptoms
and they too can increase other symptoms just as deadly if not worse .
So while i condemn none for taking a medication , i do speak truth when i say , it wont lead them to THE LIGHT of CHRIST .
Ever watched a bipolar medication commericial . I see often increased risks of suicide . Or depression commericals , same thing .
That wont be leading anyone to the light . At most their symptoms might ease up , but then at worst things can sure get worse as well .
Medications can also clear the mind. If someone is telling the world that they are suffering they are actually begging for help.

Its that simple

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Medications can also clear the mind. If someone is telling the world that they are suffering they are actually begging for help.

Its that simple
If someone is telling the world they are suffering its true they are begging for help . But Since when can the world
help us better than CHRIST . I say if anyone is suffering , Cry out unto the LORD .
For though lambs do suffer many things , the LORD is with those who serve Christ . And HE will be with them .
As i said at most medications can do is ease symptoms . But those medications can never cure the very one and true
thing folks need . JESUS. As i said i condemn none who takes a medication , i simply point to Christ .
AND i said the truth , when i said no medication can lead anyone to the LIGHT of CHRIST . It might make them feel better
but it cannot lead them to Christ who saves the soul . And ps , unto anyone who does suffer
we have a true counsler , JESUS CHRIST . watch out for the men of physcology , that is a trap and a snare .
For even though it may seem they have some good advice , its all wordly . For truth , wisdom , advice
SEEK YE GOD .

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone is telling the world they are suffering its true they are begging for help . But Since when can the world
help us better than CHRIST . I say if anyone is suffering , Cry out unto the LORD .
For though lambs do suffer many things , the LORD is with those who serve Christ . And HE will be with them .
As i said at most medications can do is ease symptoms . But those medications can never cure the very one and true
thing folks need . JESUS. As i said i condemn none who takes a medication , i simply point to Christ .
AND i said the truth , when i said no medication can lead anyone to the LIGHT of CHRIST . It might make them feel better
but it cannot lead them to Christ who saves the soul . And ps , unto anyone who does suffer
we have a true counsler , JESUS CHRIST . watch out for the men of physcology , that is a trap and a snare .
For even though it may seem they have some good advice , its all wordly . For truth , wisdom , advice
SEEK YE GOD .
You are wrong because medications can give life itself and dead people do not see the light of christ, nor can a dead or suffering person help their families.

There are also many christian doctors who will affirm my thoughts

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Aw. Hugs to you, TLJKAJ. You're right. We don't always understand things and he IS good. I totally agree.

That's part of why I started this thread. Not for myself. I'm doing pretty well, but because of having gone through a lot of trauma, I know there are others too and it's not widely talked about. The church (we being the church) needs to be a place of healing, openness, and gracious understanding in a fallen world. A safe place to be heard and to be comforted, as it is said, "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2)

Psalm 51:17

My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.
@FluffyYellowDuck Great Scriptures there. Prayer and the Scriptures and fellowship in those activities are the believer's strength.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that mean that companionship is a substitute for scripture?
If I had to choose between my wife and a book, the book goes. Nothing is more important than family, God judges me by my deeds not by reading the same book over and over

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I had to choose between my wife and a book, the book goes. Nothing is more important than family, God judges me by my deeds not by reading the same book over and over
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)
Can you translate that into comprehendible English? See that was very poorly translated from Aramaic as Jesus never said that we should hate our families

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you translate that into comprehendible English? See that was very poorly translated from Aramaic as Jesus never said that we should hate our families
Sure can
"If any man (genderless reference) comes to me and loves his father, mother, wife, children, brethren, sisters, and even his own life, more than he loves me, he cannot be my disciple."

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure can
"If any man (genderless reference) comes to me and loves his father, mother, wife, children, brethren, sisters, and even his own life, more than he loves me, he cannot be my disciple."
Seems like the words of a person trying to justify never loving a woman so much that she named her first son after him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kind of feel like God has put something on my heart, so I'm just going to go with it. I'd like to ask if we could expand on the concept of finding hope in times of darkness.

Psalm 91:2

"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

Followed by Psalm 91:9

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.

I would really hear to see some of the men here take the lead on this, but obviously, I'd to hear from everyone.
The truth that comes to mind regarding hope, is be strong and brave with what life throws at you. God will heal and resurrect us after we die, and that is his promise. And then perhaps we'll be brought into heaven and the awesome beauty of eternal life in heaven.

John 11:25

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:"

In other words, he will fix all the damage of death and hell.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth that comes to mind regarding hope, is be strong and brave with what life throws at you. God will heal and resurrect us after we die, and that is his promise. And then perhaps we'll be brought into heaven and the awesome beauty of eternal life in heaven.

John 11:25

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:"

In other words, he will fix all the damage of death and hell.
God also heals the living, no need to die first

Reactions: dev553344

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also just throwing it out there along with what @Mike Waters said Matthew 10:34-36.

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

-Jesus

I'm only on taking a break for a second but will let someone else explain if they want to. I will leave this link here from Got Questions for reference though.