Finding Hope in Times of Darkness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also just throwing it out there along with what @Mike Waters said Matthew 10:34-36.

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

-Jesus

I'm only on taking a break for a second but will let someone else explain if they want to. I will leave this link here from Got Questions for reference though.
And I say to anyone wanting to meet Jesus fast, all they need to do is to stand between me and my wife and children. By the grace of God, do not test

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I say to anyone wanting to meet Jesus fast, all they need to do is to stand between me and my wife and children. By the grace of God, do not test

I don't consider myself to be a strict pacifist. More of a halficist. I believe a man has the right to defend his family.

Reactions: Alvertsky

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't consider myself to be a strict pacifist. More of a halficist. I believe a man has the right to defend his family.
My family exist in part because of Jesus love, the thought that he demands that I love him more than them is absurd

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For my part I believe that God "Speaks into the fleshy tables of my heart"; sometimes via written words, and other times via other means.
To me that comprises "the living Word of God" (what the Psalmist references when he says "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee")
It's the 'life blood' of my 'walk of faith'

In the words of the hymnist:-
"All the way my Saviour leads me, what have I to ask beside.
Can I doubt his tender mercy, who through life has been my guide.
Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort, Here by faith in him to dwell
For I know what ere befalls me, Jesus doeth all things well"

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God also heals the living, no need to die first

Thanks for pointing that out. There is a news article where God brought back to life a boy when his mother prayed and he'd been dead for 45 minutes. So many healing stories out there, but that was a big one. I've experienced healings in my life and the people around me also. So lots of hope there too :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two children, two grand children, and for the second time in my life I am about to lose my wife to terminal cancer.
For me this is a time when 'love' is brought to extreme emphasis.
Praying for you and yours Mike!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer has nothing at all to do with job as I did not answer your question as I live in the present and my life is not made better by answering your questions about a real or fictional past person.

If you believe Job might be a fictional character, who and what else in scripture do you believe may be fictional?
My family exist in part because of Jesus love, the thought that he demands that I love him more than them is absurd

If you think Jesus doesn't demand that we love Him more than our family, how do you explain Matthew 10:37?

God bless.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two children, two grand children, and for the second time in my life I am about to lose my wife to terminal cancer.
For me this is a time when 'love' is brought to extreme emphasis.
When my second child was about a year old I took some photos of him at the amusement park pool, he was in a heavy stage at the time. When I looked at the photos I was amazed to discover that he at 1 year old was the spitting image of my dead father near the end of his life. So in some way my father appeared to me in that pool that day. So I say again that God would not ask me to love him more than my family as his love created that family to begin with. So if you lose your wife, look to your children and grandchildren and you will see some of what you lost, this is not because God demands that you love him more than your family, this is because he shows you his love in your family

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe Job might be a fictional character, who and what else in scripture do you believe may be fictional?

If you think Jesus doesn't demand that we love Him more than our family, how do you explain Matthew 10:37?

God bless.
You explain how and why Jesus gave me my wife and children and why he would want me to abandon them for him.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Troll, LoL. Stop attempting to "teach," Alvertsky. You can't debate your way out of a paper bag.
You explain how and why Jesus gave me my wife and children and why he would want me to abandon them for him.

As for job, I do not follow him, I follow Jesus

Does that bother you?

PS Went to religious classes then to two religious schools, job was literally never mentioned once. Should I tell the nuns that they messed up because of your fixation?

Last edited: