Finished work of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ's work of redemption wasn't finished on the cross - see post #17
And this erroneous opinion from a Catholic should be taken seriously? The Catholic Church re-sacrifices Christ daily, but that does not make it right. In fact it violates the one perfect sacrifice of Christ.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What JESUS has said , all things HE did teach and say are what a lamb does beleive , heed and follows His voice .
Thee faith . JESUS told even the jews , YE will die in your sins IF , IF you DO NOT BELIEVE that I AM HE .
the MESSIAH the SAVOIR .
Thus the lie spread by the vatican and these popes must be exposed .
We cannot let one foot be taken in this web of deciet which is giving false hope unto false religions
by saying they serve the same GOD we do .
IF JESUS even told the jews , WHO DID NOT BELIEVE ON HIM , they were of their father the devil
and that if they truly had loved GOD they would have loved HIM , WE cannot entertain this fast growing lie
that pope francis nor more and more protestants are now believing and teaching .
The solution for Salvation , IS TO BELIEVE ON JESUS , to CONFESS HIM BY MOUTH and beleive
from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead .
And true believers are HEARERS and DOERS of all things JESUS said and taught . OF all things HE commanded .
GO YE INTO THE WORLD , baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son , Holy Ghost
and teaching them to observe , ALL THINGS I have taught you . THAT IS THE COMISSION and it is TRUTH .
WE must not sit at this table of unity which leadeth unto death . WE must POINT ONLY TO CHRIST
GOD has chosen how to save the world . And man cannot undo how GOD has chosen to save this world .
YE MUST believe IN CHRIST JESUS and lambs shall be and are hearers and doers of ALL things he taught .
As well as the true apostels who had the SPIRIT .

I was agreeing with you and defending you too!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And this erroneous opinion from a Catholic should be taken seriously? The Catholic Church re-sacrifices Christ daily, but that does not make it right. In fact it violates the one perfect sacrifice of Christ.

Another Protestant with opinions but no scripture.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was agreeing with you and defending you too!
What the early church began has long ago been abandoned by the Church of Rome of the CC my friend .
But i am making the call to one and to all , to flee any association with this betrayer of Christ and of the brethren .
Its morphed into a highly dangerous and deadly place . As has its protestant daughters who do all now
to preach its inclusive unity we are one lets merge us back with a harlot message .
THEE FAITH , The vatican is dead my friend . It spews death now and only death .
Look at what they wrote at vatican two . LOOK AT IT , A TOTAL ABOMINATION to the true faith to the true gosple message of JESUS
and protestants are fast to merge right back with her . NOT ME my friend .
PETER would be hollering to one and to all , YE have a great harlot in the house my dear friends , YE must abandon her
and return to the simplicity in Christ . Pope francis is the most deceptive pope to sit the throne .
But this did not begin with him , Its been within the Heart of such a system of a harlot .
THEE faith the blood of all will upon anyone who allowed them to have unity with that .
My advice is , COME YE OUT and have no unity with such a one as her . ITS all tanked thee faith
just as has the protestant realm . WE were warned of a great falling away an APOSTACY . WELL GUESS
what , HERE IT IS . Now come out from amongst them and BE YE HOLY and do not make your bed
with the Harlot vatican two we are one all inclusive lie . Warn all that YE must BELIEVE IN JESUS . And come not nigh her table .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing is lacking. Just as Jesus told Saul that Saul was persecuting Him (when in fact he was persecuting the Church) the sufferings of the Church are a part of the sufferings of Christ. And the sufferings of Paul were included in that. This corresponds to the fact that Christians must suffer on earth.

continuing redemption through his church! Ok

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ is not re-sacrificed
There is only one sacrifice of Christ that is offered to the glory of the father

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not the
What the early church began has long ago been abandoned by the Church of Rome of the CC my friend .
But i am making the call to one and to all , to flee any association with this betrayer of Christ and of the brethren .
Its morphed into a highly dangerous and deadly place . As has its protestant daughters who do all now
to preach its inclusive unity we are one lets merge us back with a harlot message .
THEE FAITH , The vatican is dead my friend . It spews death now and only death .
Look at what they wrote at vatican two . LOOK AT IT , A TOTAL ABOMINATION to the true faith to the true gosple message of JESUS
and protestants are fast to merge right back with her . NOT ME my friend .
PETER would be hollering to one and to all , YE have a great harlot in the house my dear friends , YE must abandon her
and return to the simplicity in Christ . Pope francis is the most deceptive pope to sit the throne .
But this did not begin with him , Its been within the Heart of such a system of a harlot .
THEE faith the blood of all will upon anyone who allowed them to have unity with that .
My advice is , COME YE OUT and have no unity with such a one as her . ITS all tanked thee faith
just as has the protestant realm . WE were warned of a great falling away an APOSTACY . WELL GUESS
what , HERE IT IS . Now come out from amongst them and BE YE HOLY and do not make your bed
with the Harlot vatican two we are one all inclusive lie . Warn all that YE must BELIEVE IN JESUS . And come not nigh her table .
church but only the Vatican 2 sect
Christ and his church are one and do not change and cannot be reformed
Truth, Christ, and his true church are immutable

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' works wasn't finished on the cross.

Under the Atonement system that God set up for the Jews, atonement happened not when the offering was sacrificed but when the gift was offered to God by the priest. As high priest Jesus had to take his offering of blood to the father.
Thus Hebrews says:
But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come, then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) he entered once for all into the Holy Place, taking not the blood of goats and calves but his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption.
Our redemption came when he offered his blood to the Father in heaven.

For the "it" in "it is finished see post #7

Straining at gnats! Jesus presented His blood sometime after He saw Mary in the garden and before He told Thomas to touch Him.

John 20:16-17
King James Version

16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

John 20:26-28
King James Version

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
care to explain

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

and

Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Yes we are to suffer for His sake, but that is not to suffer for salvation! Only Jesus blood shed paid for our sins, our sufferings do not. they are simply things that happen to those who live godly.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we are to suffer for His sake, but that is not to suffer for salvation! Only Jesus blood shed paid for our sins, our sufferings do not. they are simply things that happen to those who live godly.

members of Christ

1 Corinthians 12:26
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Straining at gnats! Jesus presented His blood sometime after He saw Mary in the garden and before He told Thomas to touch Him.

John 20:16-17
King James Version

16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

John 20:26-28
King James Version

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Kindly explain how those scriptures are relevant to my post.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
faith and baptism according to none other than Christ Himself
Mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized
Jn 3;5 baptism
Ez 36:25-27 baptism with a new heart to love and the spirit
Mark 16:16 - He who believes and is baptized will be saved (general cases without making a qualification for the unusual case of someone who believes but is not baptized) but he who does not believe will be condemned. The omission of baptized with "does not believe" shows that Jesus does not make baptism absolutely essential to salvation. Condemnation rests on unbelief, not on a lack of baptism. So salvation rests on belief. *NOWHERE does the Bible say "baptized or condemned."

If water baptism is absolutely required for salvation, then why did Jesus not mention it in the following verses? (3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26). What is the one requirement that Jesus mentions 9 different times in each of these complete statements? *BELIEVES. *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

To automatically read "baptism" into John 3:5 simply because it mentions "water" is unwarranted. Plain ordinary H20 is not the only water mentioned in scripture. Jesus mentions living water in John 4:10, 14; 7:37-39 and connects it with everlasting life. In John 7:38-39, we read - "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the source of living water and spiritual cleansing. If "water" is arbitrarily defined as baptism, then we could just as justifiably say, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living baptism" in John 7:38. If that sounds ridiculous, it is no more so than the idea that water baptism is the source or the means of becoming born again.

Also "water" is used in the Bible as an emblem of the word of God and in such uses it is associated with cleansing or washing. (John 15:3; Ephesians 5:26) When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begets new life so that we are said to become "partakers of the divine nature." (2 Peter 1:4) The new birth is brought to pass through "incorruptible seed, by the word of God, which lives and abides forever" (I Peter 1:23) and the Holy Spirit accomplishes the miracle of regeneration. In Titus 3:5, we read washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, which is a reference to 'spiritual washing' or 'purification of the soul' that is accomplished by the Holy Spirit through the word of God at the moment of salvation. That is in perfect harmony with born of water and the Spirit in John 3:5.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 is not in regards to baptismal regeneration either. Don’t be fooled by Roman Catholicism.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
members of Christ

1 Corinthians 12:26
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

And your point?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kindly explain how those scriptures are relevant to my post.

Just simply that between teh time Mary saw HIm in the garden and was forbidden to touch HIm, and the time Jesus told Thomas to touch Him, He ascended to heaven and poured out His blood on the altar in the heavenly holy of holies, as prescribed by the law for a high priest!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your point?
My best guess , he is still trying to get everyone in the CC . That is all he desires . make us one with the CC .
My desire is for the lambs to be one in Christ and not to ever sit under that which is false .
Too many folks are huge on their denomination or etc . I say We simply focus on Christ , His teachings
the apostels teachings in that bible and learn all sound doctrine . THE CHURCH is simply those who love the LORD .
One more thing .
Remember what GOD warned those churches . One warning was , YOU all are ALLOWING a false one to teach and to seduce my people .
That aint good .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ continues his redemption in his members or the church
So then how come todays so called church as well as her protestant daughters
no longer preach TRUE RECONCILATION . That is the gospel , HOW a man CAN be reconciled to GOD .
Instead they preach this reconcilation of man to man , and religions all merging as one .
ITS all bad news . I wont sit at the table nor have unity with such a man who cliams other religoins have no need
to BELIEVE in and CONFESS JESUS , they finding GOD in their own path . NOR will i have unity with those
who are unifying with him . WHICH is quite a many churches my friend .
WE better all stand on the one original gospel . Let none be moved away unto a false gospel which saves none
and condmens all who do follow and teach it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Redemption . CHRIST JESUS . Only they aint preaching HIM and the need to believe in HIM anymore .
SO , no most are not continuing his redemptive work . IF THEY WERE , THEY WOULD BE POINTING TO THE ONE WHO DOES REDEEM not
saying all religons are saved by doing good and having love . THAT AINT preaching REDEMPTION , THAT IS PREACHING DEATH
and it leads right to the second death .
How come churches are so fast to shut down that Folks MUST BELEIVE IN JESUS to be saved
That was not what the early church did . WE BEING DUPED and have been DUPED into a false UNITY under a lie
which cannot save .
Answer this my friend . HAVE YOU ever heard of what is called the great apostacy
IF NOT LOOK AROUND WE ARE IN IT . JESUS is getting abandoned for the sake of unity . AND I WONT HEED THAT LIE .
No man should heed that lie . Preach JESUs as the absolute only means to be saved , OR step aside and let me do it .
Cause i am fully prepared to die for that GLORIOUS GOSPLE AND HIS GLORIOUS NAME .
I dont know much , BUT PRAISE GOD for the glorious life saving gospel and all of JESUS teachings
and all the apostels did say too . MAKE a man wise by the power of the SPIRIT .
FOLKS need to stop sellling out the one true gospel for a lie and they need to stop allowing folks to feel saved
in those other false religoins . NO sir , that false gospel wont do for me . Cause its end is death .
AND If we LOVE CHRIST and loved the peoples . GUESS WHO WE WOULD POINT THEM TOO . CHRIST JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
problem is more and more folks are beliving GODS redemptive work is WORLD PEACE .
NO it aint . ITS JESUS , ITS FAITH IN JESUS . It aint this lets do good and gather with all religoins
cause we all serve the same god lie . This so called love god they preach sure sounds like the dragon .
cause the dragon is the only one i know who would ever preach a love that allows folks to DENY JESUS .
That aint love my friend . its death .