1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fixing our eyes on Jesus.

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by Pamelav, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Pamelav

Pamelav New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Some versions say either fixing your eyes on Jesus, or fixing your thoughts on Jesus.
    Sounds the same, but do you think there is any difference between the two, no matter how small?
    Thankyou for your reply's.

faithfulness likes this.
  2. 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Same thing. It is the eyes of our mind. But more than mere thinking. It is listening for His voice. "My sheep hear my voice." This is how we walk in the Spirit - listening. We are guided by rhemas. And rhemas are the spoken word of God to our spirit, whether a verse jumps off the page at you like an understanding you never had before; or actually having an epiphany - a thought outside yourself or your own knowledge. The key to growing in that is by the immediacy of acting on that word. The quicker you act, the keener our hearing becomes. Hebrews 5:14 "But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

faithfulness likes this.
  3. faithfulness

faithfulness Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Years ago I made up a clunky song and tune to help me remember His words to me:
    Take not your eyes off Me
    See the seriousness of My Words
    Value My Words
    No thought but Mine
    Take not your mind off Me.
    imo what starts out as will-worship of turning and returning our eyes/mind to the Lord--eventually becomes His Will-worship by the Spirit.
    Practice makes perfect? Just do it? :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  4. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Yes, I also agree that they are one and the same.
    My old mentor always told me to let my thoughts swing back to "Magnetic North"...God Himself. :)

I like the Psalm 16:8 " I have set the Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."

This is being established I believe.
    We only have the power to stand, as we draw strength from Him.

.... welcome-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dave L likes this.
  5. Pamelav

Pamelav New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is something I need to do in the midst of my trials, which I keep forgetting.
    I guess then they are one and the same.
    Thanks!

"ByGrace" likes this.