Flaming Darts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ephesians 6:16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;

What are these flaming darts? It’s those feelings believers can get that makes them go “What if I’m not exactly saved?” “What if I didn’t believe in the right way?”. The truth is that when someone believes in Jesus with faith alone, they are saved. They are permanently clean. Nothing can make them dirty. But Satan is still evil, he still wants to hurt believes. So he’ll lie and try to harm believers mental health by making them think they’re not saved when they actually are.

Maybe someone’s shield is the size of a mustard seed. It can’t block any of the flaming darts. But they’re already saved.
The date that I have recorded for when I was first saved is May 14, 2017

From Sept 17 2014 until now I’ve recorded events from my life.
Yep, like my whole Christian life story. Hey, I really like typing ok, I find it a good way to relax and have fun.

But even after I was saved, sometimes I wondered if I was actually saved! I definitely have confusion. I wasn’t confused about whether faith alone in Jesus Christ saves someone, I knew that, knowing that saved me. But I was confused about whether I truly “believed” or not. It then found out about the mustard seed example, and realized I was saved the whole time! But wow… Satan must have pelted me with so many of those fiery darts. Even though I was severely emotionally abused because of that, still, I have a desire to save Satan, even though he’s my enemy, because true love does not repay evil with evil.

By the way, those “journal entries”, well… I still haven’t published all of them. There’s hundreds of them sitting in my laptop, all typed by me. People have told me that I sound like a typewriter when typing XD I do type quite fast. Who knows, maybe the Holy Spirit takes control of my body when I type so I know what words to say, I find the experience incredibly cathartic. I enjoy it. And of course, I genuinely enjoy answering your questions my friend :D

Honestly, I don’t find your questions repetitive or annoying at all. If you think you’re being repetitive, look at all the posts I’ve made about “faith alone” in my life story, I’ve made hundreds of articles about the exact same topic. I say that with humbleness though, because it’s not truly me that wrote those, but the Holy Spirit inside of me. In fact, for me, there’s nothing more important than talking about faith alone in Jesus Christ.

If you ever think you’re annoying to me, you’re not. In fact, I find your questions quite impressive! While there’s overlap between questions I’ve had when I was younger, there’s also questions that I haven’t thought of before. It definitely makes for interesting research. For me, I love all people, even those who have harmed me. Look at the forgiveness I have towards the Devil, even though he gave me intense OCD like scrupulosity suicidal fear that I suffered from for years. I no longer feel suicidal because for me, the longer I’m on Earth, the more people I can help, like you. Pain is pain. Even though there’s a happy ending for everyone, I’d much rather someone be educated properly about being saved rather than go through the traumatic experience I went through.

Ah, you mention that you grew up in an atheist household. For me, I was also an atheist. A nihilist, who would study Fredrich Nietzsche, who would visit r/atheism and talk about how meaningless the world is.

I’ve also talked to numerous gay people online, all sorts of LGBTQ+ and I always tell them about the unconditional love that God has for them, for all people. Everyone was made uniquely and with love, all people are the Lord’s handiwork and made in His image.
I stand against all who claim to be Christian and yet hate people. Christ’s greatest commandment is to love one another.
1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

Some people say that Christ left. For me, Christ is right here. Not just in my heart, but is visible whenever there is love. When two people love each other, that’s God right there. I love you my friend as the Lord loves you, and I love all people. The Holy Spirit is love.
1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.
1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

I wouldn’t blame you for holding that stereotype, my friend. There are many who claim to be Christian but who are indeed evil. For instance, Vladmir Putin, claims to be Christian, yet he invaded Ukraine, murdered, tortured and kidnapped so many civilians. It’s horrible. And yet he’s best friends with the Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church, who was a KGB spy. Something very very suspicious there.

Even Satan pretends to be Christian. Eventually he will truly be Christian, meaning, saved by faith alone in Christ.
Psalm 102:19-21 The Lord looked down from His sanctuary on high, from heaven He viewed the earth, to hear the groans of the prisoners and release those condemned to death.

As well, there can be many who Christians who can sin, but are still saved. Even though I am against Christians who want to torture people forever, or Annihilationists (conditional immortality), I used to be just like them. Literally. When I was saved, I used to have those beliefs, because I was misinformed, like many other Christians. Since the only requirement to being saved is to believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone. They can still be Christian. But when I saw those beliefs, in my heart, something didn’t feel right, I was tortured by those false beliefs, and then found the truth. Christian Universalism. Universal Reconciliation. The Victorious Gospel. It goes by many names, but it’s the original belief of the majority of the Early Christians.

"The Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge" by Schaff-Herzog, 1908, volume 12, page 96 German theologian- Philip Schaff, Editor: "In the first five or six centuries of Christianity there were six theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Caesarea, and Edessa, or Nisibis) were Universalist, one (Ephesus) accepted conditional immortality; one (Carthage or Rome) taught endless punishment of the wicked.

When I see someone teaching endless punishment, or conditional immortality, I see the same fiery darts of the evil one. Some of them are saved, just like me. But they’re also attacked and, in their confusion, they can hurt others too. I see them as victims here too, like how I was. Like if someone’s on fire, and they go and grab a person and they catch on fire too. Still saved, but saved by fire.
1 Cor 3:15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

There are many different types of people who are saved by faith alone, who are Christians. Their personal growth depends on the Holy Spirit planted in them. Some are saplings, others are big oaks. We will all be great trees eventually, but it takes time.

Thus, I’m grateful and humbled to be given the opportunity to serve as a healthy window for you to learn more about Christianity <3 I would be honored to provide as many answers as you have questions to. The Lord Christ’s bountiful blessings to you my friend :D

1 Cor 15:22: "As in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."