Flee from what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
No.

The scriptures are indeed the work of the Spirit, but which is superior, the words spoken with authority, or the one who gives those very words authority?

The answer is obvious. The scriptures and the spirit work as a map and a compass. Yes, we do need both. But the error is in claiming the the scriptures actually quicken and give life! If it were so, the most spiritual person would be the one who reads the scriptures the most, yet Peter became the great spiritual man, while the Pharisees were carnal.

The Spirit quickens. The reason you fight this is because you do not have understanding of the working of God in us and work according to a carnal system.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
So now you contradict yourself by saying the Scriptures are the work of the Holy Spirit.

Confusion surrounds you Prentis.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
They are the work, as I have said already. What is confusing you, I think, is that I say that HE does the work in us THROUGH the scriptures, AND through other means, which is true. :)

The scriptures is the word of the Lord, but HE wields it, and the spirit does his work and guides us, while the scriptures confirm.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
They are the work, as I have said already. What is confusing you, I think, is that I say that HE does the work in us THROUGH the scriptures, AND through other means, which is true. :)

The scriptures is the word of the Lord, but HE wields it, and the spirit does his work and guides us, while the scriptures confirm.
Amen Prentis
Worship and serve the Living God. Not the Book.