Flee from what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
No Insight,
The reason for so many denominations is because Satan wants to divide and that is what he has done. He has blinded people of his existance. His most powerful weapon is to convince people he doesn't exist, in this way, he has no fear of people who don't believe in him. So while he is leading people away from the truth, there yet are more and more man-made doctrines with his aid.

This is why, we must follow the Spirit of Truth, He will lead us into all truth. The spiritual battle is going on all around us, there is a supernatural battle going on and we can not see it, but it is just as real as what we see as our reality.

In order to win a battle, we must know there is an enemy, and what the enemy is like, to side-step him, we put on the full armor of God and we do battle with the tools God has given us.

Satan wants to....show me Jake!

Where is your evidence Jake? Or is it just heresy?

Not one person has even tried to teach me about Satan? Not one here has tried to defend their beliefs with Bible Quotes along with an explanation/interpratation?

Insight

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
So why look into the Word Acts 17:11? If what you say is true? Why bother to search out the matter? Why look for the interpretation if you in fact believe its automatic for those who believe they have the Spirit?

Insight

You confuse the issue once again. We do search the scriptures, but we do not search them seeking to put our own interpretation but the meaning that the Lord has, which is what they did.

You also confuse it because they searched the scriptures and then believed. These men were not yet Christians at verse 11.

Jake says it well, we are in a spiritual battle, which we must understand. It is not by our intellect, but by the Spirit that we learn truth.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Now I have you admitting to the searching of Scriptures?

Where before it was not required?

And I am confussed?

On record, I never stated that a persons own private interpratation of truth is allowed. The revelation of truth must be from above.

I percieved you to say that "no" interpratation is required at all.

I hope this is not the case.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Satan wants to....show me Jake!

Where is your evidence Jake? Or is it just heresy?

Not one person has even tried to teach me about Satan? Not one here has tried to defend their beliefs with Bible Quotes along with an explanation/interpratation?

Insight
You would have to be physically blind if you can not read the Bible and see the word satan and the devil in print.

When Jesus came here in the flesh, it was like He was saying "game on, satan"....

What was the very first thing He taught the disciples in Mark? He said "follow me" and then He did an exorcism of a demon.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Again, you do not understand what I am telling you. Unless the Spirit teaches us, we are taking our own interpretation and applying it, and fail.

We are in a spiritual world, fighting a spiritual war, and we must walk in the spirit.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
No you dont understand Prentis.

We must learn how to divide the Word and while the Spirit assist's us, we must learn the skills of how to study, meditate, pray etc.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15KJV

Who is doing the dividing Prentis?

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Timothy, but by what means? The anointing of the Lord. Those who lead God's people are the Lord's anointed, when it is done right.

You still do not understand the primary message of the New Testament, brother; that we are given a new nature and the purpose is that the church as a body be built up and edified to be as he is, and to show forth his glory.

We need to be transformed in his image. You deny that Christ is God, and deny the new nature, because you do not understand it.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Timothy, but by what means? The anointing of the Lord. Those who lead God's people are the Lord's anointed, when it is done right.
You still do not understand the primary message of the New Testament, brother; that we are given a new nature and the purpose is that the church as a body be built up and edified to be as he is, and to show forth his glory.
We need to be transformed in his image. You deny that Christ is God, and deny the new nature, because you do not understand it.

No, not Timothy alone, but all those who desire to come to a knowledge of the one true hope.

Now is that knowledge instant? Is it always 100% true and complete? Is your mind immediately full of the Word and always providing a right interpretation of truth?

Nonsense Prentise!

Faith, Knowledge, Hope all must be developed over time, as a child who works with God patiently. God has corrected your false notions many times (Lets pray He corrects your false notions of a supernatural evil being), but if that person does not wish to heed the truth as found in his Word. And fails to divide it correctly because of laziness, slothfulness, taught lies…well he is in this state none of His.

So far you have proven to be such, a deceived Christian.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Indeed, we do learn as we grow, and to that I agree.

Again, unless it is by the spirit, which you constantly deny, we are going nowhere and lost. The Lord does not say 'interpret me', but 'follow me'.

We must follow after the spirit.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Christ is the word, but he is not ink on a page, and he is living.

In the same sense, we are to be living epistles, written in the heart.

It is by the spirit that we are quickened and made alive.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
2 Tim 3:16 Is the source of wisdom which leads to salvation.

And BTW - you cannot have faith in Jesus Christ without it.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The scriptures are profitable for teaching in righteousness, yes.

But the Lord is the one who gives life.

The Pharisees studied scriptures extensively, and yet were unrighteous.

We must be taught of the Lord himself, and he is the one we call 'Master'. The scriptures testify of him.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The scriptures are truth indeed because they testify of him, the truth.

Christ says I am the truth, the way, and the life. He is the living word, the word of God, but not the scriptures in paper and ink.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Your preconceived notions have lead you to this unfounded conclusion.

Maybe I should have made myself clearer?

You are reducing the Bible to paper and ink, while I was speaking of the Word of Salvation in the mind of a willing servant. The only place to gain such salvation is from the Holy Scriptures? For how would you know Jesus Christ? How would you know anything about the Spirit of God?

The very book God sent you, you now despise the physical ink and paper thinking you can have Christ without it?
pout.gif

To be honest Prentis this type of attitude would see dissapointment in Christ. He wants to lead people into the Word of Salvation (Scriptures) but you are saying they are not essential to be studied, meditated upon, questioned, investigated and interpreted.

Leave it with you.

Insight

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Who revealed Christ to Peter, scriptures? Or the Spirit.

It is always the Spirit, which is why man can read the scriptures, over and over... and over... and over.

Until the Spirit quickens we have no life. The scriptures are wonderful, and a great tool in the hands of the Lord, but unless it is the work of the spirit, we will have our own interpretation and find our lot with the Pharisees.

Christ wants to lead people into his life. This is what John speaks about in 1 John 1, and what you do not understand. You have no understanding of spiritual things, and understand only to be led into reading the Bible, not walking in the Spirit.

This is not condemnation, but a call to awakening. The call of Christ is to spiritual life.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Prentis why do you seperate the Holy Scriptures from the Spirit which uttered them?

Are they not the same?

Do you believe this below verse is true and correct?

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:21

Can you seperate the Holy Scriptures with the work of the Spirit?

Yes or no?