For Steve Garvey, Our New Republican Senator

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly Father, Thank you for bringing this man into the Senate! I pray You will annoint him with Your power to serve according to Your will, that You will guard his heart and mind against those who will try with any means to bring him down. You are almighty God! Holy and True! Please bring justice again to this land, and surround Senator Garvey with Your children, and work through Him to bring glory and honor to you, in the Name of Jesus!

Edit to add . . .

Coming to realize, he's not there yet! But I'm still praying for the man!

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly Father, Thank you for bringing this man into the Senate! I pray You will annoint him with Your power to serve according to Your will, that You will guard his heart and mind against those who will try with any means to bring him down. You are almighty God! Holy and True! Please bring justice again to this land, and surround Senator Garvey with Your children, and work through Him to bring glory and honor to you, in the Name of Jesus!

Maybe you don't understand the process. Steve Garvey is not in the Senate---- yet.

The Primary voting was to determine who's names go on the ballot in November, when the General Election is held to determine who the Senator(s) will be. Garvey won the right to appear on the ballot.

It's scary to think that people vote without even knowing what they are actually voting for.

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Edit to add . . .

Much love!
Great, prayers for Steve and our country. In hopes we become a more righteous nation.

Reactions: Debp and marks

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great, prayers for Steve and our country. In hopes we become a more righteous nation.

Except it's not.

Heavenly Father, Thank you for bringing this man into the Senate!

That's not genuine, because it's error. It's ignorant and devoid of facts, and our heavenly Father must just roll His eyes, when prayers like this are offered up. Seriously.

It's the equivalent of the Pharisee standing in the synagogue praying in public something false.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he's the former Dodger.

I voted for him.

I also voted for Hochman for D.A. The current D.A. brought terrible lenient policies and caused a big spike in crime...mainly thefts, smash and grab in department stores, burglaries in mom and pop stores, and some home invasions.

Reactions: marks and Mr E

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Edit to add . . .

Much love!
I hope he wins.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is running in a very blue state. We have to consider the former first baseman a long shot. And his reputation for getting far beyond first base with numerous women (he has seven children by four women, two of whom he did not marry) won't help him. (Bob Hope once quipped "I haven’t seen so many gorgeous girls since I spent Father’s Day with Steve Garvey.")

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is running in a very blue state. We have to consider the former first baseman a long shot. And his reputation for getting far beyond first base with numerous women (he has seven children by four women, two of whom he did not marry) won't help him. (Bob Hope once quipped "I haven’t seen so many gorgeous girls since I spent Father’s Day with Steve Garvey.")

Wow. Almost Jacob status, but not quite.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I got this.

Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Lets pray for more righteous people to take the positions that people depend on. People who are led by God. And for the wicked to be overturned.

• Love
Reactions: Mr E and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is running in a very blue state. We have to consider the former first baseman a long shot.
Adam Schiff, the dem candidate, spent a fair amount of money bringing attention to Garvey, hoping he would win instead of another dem. So that in November he'd be running against a republican, to more easily win. May that blow up in his face! So to speak.

That's why it felt so surreal when I thought he'd been elected to the interim seat.

Much love!

Reactions: Debp

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is running in a very blue state. We have to consider the former first baseman a long shot. And his reputation for getting far beyond first base with numerous women (he has seven children by four women, two of whom he did not marry) won't help him.

Ephesians 5:5 - For this ye know, that no whoremonger hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God

Nobody like this should ever be running as a conservative.

He deserves to lose since he's such a low caliber human being.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:5 - For this ye know, that no whoremonger hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God

Nobody like this should ever be running as a conservative.

He deserves to lose since he's such a low caliber human being.

If only we could find someone righteous like a King David, a Moses or a Samson!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I got a spiritual attack for the post I made. Can I get prayers to be healed and saved from whatever it is? I've also been feeling a discomfort in the lower part of my back area even before posting in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This world will wax worse and worse according to Matt 24. We see signs everywhere. It will happen as Christ said it would.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus didn't participate in politics. He separated it from religion. I worry about if Evangelicals called the shots. that church and state will happen unite. Might look good on the outside, but...

Our church believes that there will be a one world religion--an enforced one. The ecumenical movement, the striving for unity between the different religions, this is just the beginning.

What will unify--false identification of the purpose and function of the Holy Spirit, and a mother church. Laws will be put into place that must be conformed to, or the one who says "no" because of conscience, will pay with his life.

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only we could find someone righteous like a King David, a Moses or a Samson!

Folks like that are around but they won't run since this nation is morally bankrupt and is going down hill fast

It's too bad the republicans are just as dirty as the democrats!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This world will wax worse and worse according to Matt 24. We see signs everywhere. It will happen as Christ said it would.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus didn't participate in politics. He separated it from religion. I worry about if Evangelicals called the shots. that church and state will happen unite. Might look good on the outside, but...

Our church believes that there will be a one world religion--an enforced one. The ecumenical movement, the striving for unity between the different religions, this is just the beginning.

What will unify--false identification of the purpose and function of the Holy Spirit, and a mother church. Laws will be put into place that must be conformed to, or the one who says "no" because of conscience, will pay with his life.
I think you may have hit on some stuff there and I think a one world religion is what the Pope is trying to create and include the GBLTQ to be lawful. I don't think Christians would then pay with their life like they currently do in middle eastern countries. But they might be jailed for nonsense. Take a look at this:

"Deliberately calling someone by the wrong gender pronouns may land you in jail for TWO YEARS under Labour" Using wrong gender pronouns may get you two years in jail under Labour