For those who believe that Babylon is America…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Revelation 18:4 states that believer should come away from Babylon to avoid being affected by her demise.

1. If you believe that Babylon is America are you planning to leave?
  2. If so, where is a good place to go?
  3. When is a good time to leave?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Identifying Babylon is not easy for us (at least not right now)

A few attributes of Babylon could be assigned to America

But revelation 18 calls it a city several times (not a country)

And says that the blood of the prophets are found in her (hardly sounds like America)

Just some thoughts.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
guysmith said:
Revelation 18:4 states that believer should come away from Babylon to avoid being affected by her demise.

Mystery Babylon is symbolic of "the flesh" and the mind of the flesh, (the evil one) with all of the evil and lustful ways thereof. It will one day be burnt to the ground. When the soul is torn from the body, and one finds himself caught up to the third heaven, and when the heart is removed for that final circumcision by the Great High Priest after the order of Melchizedek; then does the same one suddenly realize why he should have given heed to the commandment to rehearse that Great Day of Atonement, (Yom Kippur) by afflicting his own soul; for there is no greater tribulation than this final hour. Pray that you may be found worthy to stand before the Son of man in that day, (upon a sea of glass having been mingled with fire). In other words; I would not worry about leaving America so much as that day when you are called up, (and out of your chambers) into a meeting of the Lord in the air.

emoticon-giggling.gif

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Rev 17:4-7
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
KJV
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
KJV

Rev 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
KJV

NY & earthly Jer-USA-lem

UN-ten sons of Hamon

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Arnie Manitoba said:
Identifying Babylon is not easy for us (at least not right now)

A few attributes of Babylon could be assigned to America

But revelation 18 calls it a city several times (not a country)
Hello Arnie,

I cant' finger a biblical reference, but I remember several times (in movies like Ben Hur) where Rome was used when referring to the Roman empire.

afaithfulone4u said:
NY & earthly Jer-USA-lem
Hello afaithfulone4u,

If you were going to narrow it down to a city, NY would be my pick.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Question asked by Timothy: Lord, is the United States “Babylon”, as many churches believe?

[Answer from God The Father] The United States will fall, fall to the antichrist.
In one hour will I bring total destruction to the throne of the beast, that great city of harlots and every unclean thing. Not to your nation, for I had blessed it and made it strong... Even so does it go the way of evil, and under My punishment does it remain. Yet of it, I will not make a total end... Though it receive harsh correction and severe punishment at My hand, I will not make a total end. So then, I will take My people out of it and let it go its way. Doomed as it may seem, many more of My people will I take out of it, in the years remaining... Babylon it is not.

Excerpt from:

The Gift of Discernment
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=The_Gift_of_Discernment

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Arnie,

Rev 8 describes an event where 1/3 of the planet is slated to be wiped off the earth. If rev 8 is descibing the demise of Babylon and if NYC is the epicenter, then we're looking at the destruction of all North, central and most of South America which would include Hollywood.

Guy

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Guy

When I was a new christian in 1986 reading about Babylon thrown into the sea ..... my first thought was Los Angeles splitting at the St Andreas fault and sliding into the ocean.

A while later I thought it was New York

Then Maybe the Vatican , Rome

Then maybe literal Babylon Iraq

I have always wanted to do a good study on all the attributes listed for Babylon and then match the ones up with the places that fit best

For example :
the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries could be New York , or LA , not the current Babylon in Iraq , Not the RCC ,

In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people, of all who have been slaughtered on the earth Not NYC or LA , or the RRC .

Then we have this twist where Babylon is called "Her" .... and "She" has imposed some kind of judgements on Christians and apostles and prophets
“Rejoice over her, you heavens!
Rejoice, you people of God!
Rejoice, apostles and prophets!
For God has judged her
with the judgment she imposed on you.”

Anyway .... just some thoughts ..... it seems the more a person looks into Babylon .... the more it evades a clear identity.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
"Here is a mystery, filled with power and contemptible ways: She, the harlot and mother, would have My people believe she is I, even I, your Savior. And to My disgust and bitter sadness, has called herself by the name of My Father and appointed herself in His stead. Oh what sadness and gnashing of teeth are coming, for deception is hidden in deception. Her sins are piled to Heaven... She is truly the woman, who rides the beast, clothed in scarlet. She would deceive My people into believing she is Me; and those against her, that she is the beast... All are deceived. For her power and authority come from the beast, which atop she sits. She has many names, all are of abomination. She is the mother, who bears children which are seven more times children of the devil than she. She is the harlot, whose adulteries are many, and whose final adultery shall be with him who is named the man of perdition. She is also like the beast, and sits on many waters and has devoured many. She is also liken to the false prophet, who spews false doctrine and misplaced worship. She shall be left desolate... But first I shall take My people out of her, snatch them from her very breast, for she is also liken to Babylon..."

Excerpt from:

My Dearly Beloved Calling On My Name, You Must Forsake Your Mother and Those Called Father Before I Can Gather You
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=My_Dearly_Beloved_Calling_On_My_Name%2C_You_Must_Forsake_Your_Mother_and_Those_Called_Father_Before_I_Can_Gather_You

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hang around. When you see the unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem build their new temple, and the abomination idol setup in it requiring all to worship it along with the appearance of the pseudo-Christ in Jerusalem, then you'll know why Christ referred the Revelation Babylon to Jerusalem for the end prior to His coming.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
veteran said:
Hang around. When you see the unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem build their new temple, and the abomination idol setup in it requiring all to worship it along with the appearance of the pseudo-Christ in Jerusalem, then you'll know why Christ referred the Revelation Babylon to Jerusalem for the end prior to His coming.
But what about the numerous attributes of Babylon that simply do not fit Jerusalem

Every author on this subject has always had a bias for some "pet" Babylon theory and exclude all the evidence that points away from their "pet" theory.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
But what about the numerous attributes of Babylon that simply do not fit Jerusalem

Every author on this subject has always had a bias for some "pet" Babylon theory and exclude all the evidence that points away from their "pet" theory.
Those who keep coming up with some other place for the Rev.17-18 Babylon simply reveal they haven't done their Old Testament study like they were supposed to. Apostle Peter told us to also be mindful of what the holy prophets wrote (2 Pet.3).

Tomorrow I could start a fiction book about the concept of the Revelation Babylon, assign it to Rome, NY, or anywhere else besides Jerusalem and I'd start making money. Would it be the truth per God's Word? No, but it would have chance at making money, maybe even pay me for some seminars among the foolish.

grantsmill

Jan 10, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
america is the tribe of manasseh and great britain-british commonwealth is the tribe of ephraim who are part of the twelve tribes of israel disobedient to GODS Word which makes them part of the whore of babylon.the true church is the woman clothed with the sun.the beast of revelation is a combination of the six first empires egypt assyria babylon medo-persia greece rome (not including europe).

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
guysmith said:

Yes!
heaven
at the rapture!

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
America is NOT Babylon.
Babylon is a city that sits on 7 hills. Rome, Italy, where many Christians were martyred, sits on 7 hills.
There is no Pre-Trib Rapture. No one is going anywhere.
Pray that you can detect Satan's protege when he arrives and that you don't fall under his influence - even if it means physical death.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
John S said:
America is NOT Babylon.
Babylon is a city that sits on 7 hills. Rome, Italy, where many Christians were martyred, sits on 7 hills.
There is no Pre-Trib Rapture. No one is going anywhere.
Pray that you can detect Satan's protege when he arrives and that you don't fall under his influence - even if it means physical death.
Mystery Babylon the Mother of harlots is a city on seven mountains.

But Babylon the kingdom of antichrist is a country which will be the 11th horn and come out of the ten horns of the revived Roman Empire.

That Babylon will be destroyed in the 7th vial judgment when a great earthquake causes every island to sink in the sea and every mountain to fall into the vallies. Revelation 16:19

That Babylon will be darkened when God sends darkness on the kingdom of the beast in Revelation 16:10

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
Babylon is a Satanic worship system, "MYSTERY BABYLON"....that promoted a systematic & profound, organized cultic method to worship Satan, & his devils, by name, & personality, that began at Babel, was promoted by the first world king, Nimrod. This is why, before the great continental divide & language split, they worshipped the exact same demons with the exact same powers & symbols... Egypt, China & Peru with pyramids & equal exotic worship systems.

Satan was always given a seat, a city of world power, throughout time. Rome was the last city under this order. At the time of Christ there were at least 1300 devil worshipping temples in Rome, the greatest being Jupiter, the older name of Satan, where the house of the Vatican, & the latest Nimrod rule, the home of the Pope. Satan brilliantly incorporated the worship of himself, & his devil cohorts, into a veiled symbollism, using Christianese Symbollism & Religious ideology..[ Satan is the most religious of them all..] into his Universal & tested system, & it became the Roman Catholic [ universal ] Church.

In the old world, every significant demon had a day...over a hundred "holy days "..[ unholy ] that a specific, personal demon was worshipped, universally. These days corresponded exactly to the days the Roman Church designated as "Saints days"....& some were given several days or "Feasts", like Astarte, or Eastyer....who is Jezebel, the demoness Queen of Heaven.....or the Catholic Mary.

Babylon is everywhere that this "church" has influence....she is a whore/devil, that does nothing but corrupt, & remember there is a reward for those who honor Satan....power & influence.

"Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.!"

The Roman Catholic Church weilds Satan's power...& I think that the financial blessings upon America & New York City have to do with the RRC's sorceries there...but it is world wide. Consider the Roman idea of Lent, & the vicious orgies of Rio Di Janero & Mardi Gras in New Orleans....these are Catholic traditions....the gospel of the devil.

Yes, Rome/Babylon has butchered more Christians than any other monster, & is drunk on the blood of the saints....but it is more than Rome...it is every place she has stained, & her worship system is in place....but....Babylon is fallen...fallen....! the angel saw. What does this mean? Islam hates Babylon....& will raze Rome, & every city in Europe & America & behead or Crucify every Roman Catholic Priest they can, every Christian, & every "infidel" religion....unless they convert to Islam & worship Allah as Jehovah, & deny Christ & receive Mohammed & the Koran as the only way.

Babylon will fall......& Satan will embed himself away from her & be seated in Islam...betraying Rome in the end....as he does to all who serve him.

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
"Islam hates Babylon and will raze Rome and every city in Europe and America and behead or crucify every Roman Catholic priest they can, every Christian and every infidel religion unless they convert to Islam and worship Allahas Jehovah and deny Christ and receive Mohammed and the Koran as the only way".

Sheer utter nonsense.