For those who deny the Most Holy Trinity!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, God has never become a man. Not one single scripture says such a thing. do not add to his word and do not take away from it. It must SAY WHAT YOU SAY IT SAYS or it is wrong. Jesus did die, proving he was TOTAL HUMAN/ MORTAL. God is a spirit and cannot die. He is eternal.

yes the divinity cannot die but Christ did in his human nature, if Christ is not God how is His sacrifice and blood obtain redemption of man?

Christ Is God and Ge became man

Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ac 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Ac 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Ac 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Ac 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I guess all the above were invalid. I wonder how many thousands of other baptisms were in the name of Jesus, making them invalid also? What does that say for the faithfulness of the apostles upon which the church was founded when they baptized everyone incorrectly?

no they refer to the baptism in the name of the father the son and the Holy Spirit as Jesus commanded his apostles

It is commanded in his name therefore according to His teaching

in acts 2:38 your not commanded to be baptized in the name of Jesus but the command to be baptized is in the name of Jesus
This includes infants in verse 39

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was not God. Jesus was and still is a MAN. a human like us. Only now he is glorified. there is one God and one mediator between God and men, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS. the I Am the father, was speaking through Jesus. It was the Word of God speaking inside Jesus. If Jesus had not been man, he could not have died and therefore could never have reconciled us back to God. It was a man, Adam, who brought about the fall and it had to be a man to bring salvation from the fall. Romans 5,6,7
What is the sect that thinks Jesus was just a man? JW's, I think. Muslims too.
You're being led to believe lies. Jesus was God. Normally I'd post a bunch of scripture to prove this. However, if you want to learn the truth you'll seek it out for yourself and stop blaspheming Christ.
Just keyword search, Bible Jesus was God, in any search engine. You'll be proven wrong in your false beliefs for thousands of pages of results.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Normally I'd post a bunch of scripture to prove this
And I can show you a lot that says he was not.

In case you missed it, only a man could pay for our sins... By one man Adam sin came into this world and by one man it was all taken away.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're being led to believe lies. Jesus was God. Normally I'd post a bunch of scripture to prove this. However, if you want to learn the truth you'll seek it out for yourself and stop blaspheming Christ.
Just keyword search, Bible Jesus was God, in any search engine. You'll be proven wrong in your false beliefs for thousands of pages of results.

Dogma

Jesus is God and man!

71. Jesus Christ is the True God and True Son of God.
72. Christ assumed a real body, not an apparent body.
73. Christ assumed not only a body but also a rational soul.
74. Christ was truly generated and born of a daughter of Adam, the Virgin Mary.
75. The Divine and the human natures are united hypostatically in Christ, that is, joined to each other in one Person.
76. Christ Incarnate is a single, that is, a sole Person. He is God and man at the same time.
77. The God-Logos is connected with the flesh by an inner, physical or substantial unification.
Christ is not the bearer of God, but is God really.
78. The human and the divine activities predicated of Christ in Holy Writ and in the Fathers may
not be divided between two persons or hypostases, the Man-Christ and the God-Logos, but must be attributed to the one Christ, the Logos become Flesh. It is the Divine Logos, who suffered in the flesh, was crucified, died, and rose again.
79. The Holy Virgin is the Mother of God since she truly bore the God-Logos become Flesh.
80. In the Hypostatic Union each of the two natures of Christ continues unimpaired,
untransformed and unmixed with the other.
81. Each of the two natures in Christ possesses its own natural will and its own natural mode of
operation.
82. The Hypostatic Union of Christ’s human nature with the Divine Logos took place at the
moment of conception.
83. The Hypostatic Union will never cease.
84. The Hypostatic Union was effected by the Three Divine Persons acting in common.
85. Only the Second Divine Person became Man.
86. Not only as God but also as man Jesus Christ is the natural Son of God.
87. The God-Man Jesus Christ is to be venerated with one single mode of Worship, the absolute
Worship of Latria which is due to God alone.
88. Christ’s Divine and Human characteristics and activities are to be predicated of the one
Word Incarnate.
89. Christ was free from all sin, from original sin as well as from all personal sin.
90. Christ’s human nature was passible (capable of sensation & suffering).
91. The Son of God became man in order to redeem men.
92. Fallen man cannot redeem himself.
93. The God-Man Jesus Christ is a High Priest.
94. Christ offered Himself on the Cross as a true and proper sacrifice.
95. Christ by His Sacrifice on the Cross has ransomed us and reconciled us with God.
96. Christ did not die for the predestined only.
97. Christ’s Atonement does not extend to the fallen angels.
98. Christ, through His Passion and Death, merited reward from God.
99. After His Death, Christ’s soul, which was separated from His Body, descended into the
underworld.
100. On the third day after His Death Christ rose gloriously from the dead.

101. Christ ascended Body and Soul into Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogma

Jesus is God and man!

71. Jesus Christ is the True God and True Son of God.
72. Christ assumed a real body, not an apparent body.
73. Christ assumed not only a body but also a rational soul.
74. Christ was truly generated and born of a daughter of Adam, the Virgin Mary.
75. The Divine and the human natures are united hypostatically in Christ, that is, joined to each other in one Person.
76. Christ Incarnate is a single, that is, a sole Person. He is God and man at the same time.
77. The God-Logos is connected with the flesh by an inner, physical or substantial unification.
Christ is not the bearer of God, but is God really.
78. The human and the divine activities predicated of Christ in Holy Writ and in the Fathers may
not be divided between two persons or hypostases, the Man-Christ and the God-Logos, but must be attributed to the one Christ, the Logos become Flesh. It is the Divine Logos, who suffered in the flesh, was crucified, died, and rose again.
79. The Holy Virgin is the Mother of God since she truly bore the God-Logos become Flesh.
80. In the Hypostatic Union each of the two natures of Christ continues unimpaired,
untransformed and unmixed with the other.
81. Each of the two natures in Christ possesses its own natural will and its own natural mode of
operation.
82. The Hypostatic Union of Christ’s human nature with the Divine Logos took place at the
moment of conception.
83. The Hypostatic Union will never cease.
84. The Hypostatic Union was effected by the Three Divine Persons acting in common.
85. Only the Second Divine Person became Man.
86. Not only as God but also as man Jesus Christ is the natural Son of God.
87. The God-Man Jesus Christ is to be venerated with one single mode of Worship, the absolute
Worship of Latria which is due to God alone.
88. Christ’s Divine and Human characteristics and activities are to be predicated of the one
Word Incarnate.
89. Christ was free from all sin, from original sin as well as from all personal sin.
90. Christ’s human nature was passible (capable of sensation & suffering).
91. The Son of God became man in order to redeem men.
92. Fallen man cannot redeem himself.
93. The God-Man Jesus Christ is a High Priest.
94. Christ offered Himself on the Cross as a true and proper sacrifice.
95. Christ by His Sacrifice on the Cross has ransomed us and reconciled us with God.
96. Christ did not die for the predestined only.
97. Christ’s Atonement does not extend to the fallen angels.
98. Christ, through His Passion and Death, merited reward from God.
99. After His Death, Christ’s soul, which was separated from His Body, descended into the
underworld.
100. On the third day after His Death Christ rose gloriously from the dead.

101. Christ ascended Body and Soul into Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father.

It is forever false dogma that claims Jesus was just a man.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is forever false dogma that claims Jesus was just a man.
I agree with you,

1. 1 John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    1 John 4:3

2. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world

2 John 1:7
  3. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ iscome in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you did not give me that verse
The divine nature is eternal
First thanks for the reply, second, you should have known,
Yes, the divine Nature is ETERNAL. Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

now OT, Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." NT, Matthew 2:3 "When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him."Matthew 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born."Matthew 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,"Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel." and Micah said, that ruler out of Bethlehem of Judaea is, "from everlasting." oh this is too easy.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, second, you should have known,
Yes, the divine Nature is ETERNAL. Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

now OT, Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." NT, Matthew 2:3 "When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him."Matthew 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born."Matthew 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,"Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel." and Micah said, that ruler out of Bethlehem of Judaea is, "from everlasting." oh this is too easy.

PICJAG

jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

the father is not the word
One God three distinct persons

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

thanks for the reply, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
so you're saying that the Word/Son here is not God/Father here... correct?

if that's true, then Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."

so the "First" here in the verse, is not the Last, is this correct, I just need a yes or no.... will be looking for your yes or no

PICJAG

Freeborn

Jan 7, 2021
New Jerusalem
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • What is the sect that thinks Jesus was just a man? JW's, I think. Muslims too.
    Just keyword search, Bible Jesus was God, in any search engine. You'll be proven wrong in your false beliefs for thousands of pages of result
    You would do well to search the Scripture instead of search engines. that is man's word. Scripture is God's word and it does not not once, say that Jesus was God. I am not a JW, muslim or anything else like that. I study the KJV and have for many years. Jesus Christ was a MAN, BORN FROM A WOMAN, BEING AS WAS SUPPOSED THE SON OF JOSEPH. so says God's word. God set this MAN to be our Lord and our God, after his resurrection, Heb 1. Not one person in all the word of God ever said, I believe that Jesus is or was God. Mary did not birth a god. you are the one being led by lies.

Freeborn

Jan 7, 2021
New Jerusalem
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The word was God. the word was not Jesus. the FLESH that the word was made into is a spiritual MESSAGE, preached by Jesus, that you must EAT....EAT...TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. THE WORD CANNOT DIE. JESUS DIED. Jesus was a mortal man. The Christ inside the man is the begotten son of God, born at his resurrection. Romans 1:4

Freeborn

Jan 7, 2021
New Jerusalem
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore instead of a Trinity that should be a Multiplicity consisting all those becoming One with Jesus and the Father!
so very true. One body made up of many members. 1cor 12 and Romans 12. Christ is the image of God. Christ is one body; many members.

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • What is the sect that thinks Jesus was just a man? JW's, I think. Muslims too.
    Just keyword search, Bible Jesus was God, in any search engine. You'll be proven wrong in your false beliefs for thousands of pages of result
    You would do well to search the Scripture instead of search engines. that is man's word. Scripture is God's word and it does not not once, say that Jesus was God. I am not a JW, muslim or anything else like that. I study the KJV and have for many years. Jesus Christ was a MAN, BORN FROM A WOMAN, BEING AS WAS SUPPOSED THE SON OF JOSEPH. so says God's word. God set this MAN to be our Lord and our God, after his resurrection, Heb 1. Not one person in all the word of God ever said, I believe that Jesus is or was God. Mary did not birth a god. you are the one being led by lies.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

matt 1:22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word was God. the word was not Jesus. the FLESH that the word was made into is a spiritual MESSAGE, preached by Jesus, that you must EAT....EAT...TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. THE WORD CANNOT DIE. JESUS DIED. Jesus was a mortal man. The Christ inside the man is the begotten son of God, born at his resurrection. Romans 1:4

Jesus was the God-man
Both fully God and fully man
His humanity died on the cross

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus is not the word?

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

our salvation is not just a message but a person

lk 2:30
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

yes Jesus is the new covenant passover
The blood of the lamb was upon the door post and lentil (cross) and the high priest (Jesus Christ) sprinkled the blood of the lamb (Jesus Christ) on the ark of the covenant (Mary) at the foot of the cross and on John and Mary Magdalen signifying the redemption was complete but the people had to eat the lamb

1 Corinthians 11:24
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

jn 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

lk 1: 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

the son of God is God!