For those who deny the Most Holy Trinity!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith Perhaps this will help:
Amadeus said: I had asked some specific questions, of which you have failed to answer any.

theefaith said: sorry what are they?

What is the Word of God?

What is a Protestant Bible?

Why do you assume I believe there are 66 books in the Bible?

Are you presuming that I believe the Bible is the Word of God?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith Perhaps this will help:

What is the Word of God?
Jesus is the word made flesh!

66 books chosen by those who are not apostles and have zero authority!

I don’t , I asked!

yes!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nicene creed

Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made; one in being with the Father. Through him all things were made.
thanks for the reply, but is the Word/Son in John 1:3 the same Person in Isaiah 44:24 who made all things, yes or no?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
of course they are united to Christ and his work
Jn 15:5 apart from me (Christ) you can do nothing

matt 28:19 go and teach, teach whatever you feel like? No only what Christ revealed and commanded

as I said a hundred times

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20
has absolutely nothing to do with mens religions ot the catholic church no matter how you twist it.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
We as Christians argue and debate interminably upon subjects that God has explicitly revealed. How clever do we think we are when we begin to attempt to dissect things about the nature of God upon which God Himself has been totally silent? And then have the audacity to exclude people from heaven when they refuse to accept our speculative opinions?

the Essenes of Qumran took the sabbath so serious they did not go to bathroom, eat, etc. it was a community rule. they didnt teach it was a sin, but rather these rules were put in place to help them be more devoted. thats what the trinity should be, a community rule for churches, if they want to teach these things inside their church great, dont force on others that are not interested. someone like me is not interested in christology, IMO it has no benefit. if the true nature of Jesus is this or that how does it help me serve the greater good. but if i follow the example of Jesus, do what He did. it benefits everyone.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! What does that mean?

You apologized for not responding to my questions. So I went to the trouble to post them again for your benefit and all you say is, Yes! That is not communicating anything! Why are you here on this forum posting anything?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
has absolutely nothing to do with mens religions ot the catholic church no matter how you twist it.

yours is nothing more that spiritual anarchy!

did Christ found a church as it says in matt 16:18-19???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! What does that mean?

You apologized for not responding to my questions. So I went to the trouble to post them again for your benefit and all you say is, Yes! That is not communicating anything! Why are you here on this forum posting anything?

I answered

What is the Word of God?

I don’t , I asked! If you do or not

yes I presume you do but I don’t know for sure

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yours is nothing more that spiritual anarchy!

did Christ found a church as it says in matt 16:18-19???
Can you stop preaching lies, what has Jesus to do with the harlot church or mens religions, do you not know who the father of lies is. All you are doing is trying to steal men from Christ and make them slaves of religion is that your goal in life, to fight God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you stop preaching lies, what has Jesus to do with the harlot church or mens religions, do you not know who the father of lies is. All you are doing is trying to steal men from Christ and make them slaves of religion is that your goal in life, to fight God.

that’s silly but not as silly as you not answering a simple question

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!
You're right when you state, This is the catholic faith One cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

However, Bible believing Jesus loving Christians baptized, not sprinkled, and indwelt by God's holy spirit are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus. Not through faith in the Catholic church, not through faith in the Trinity teachings of the Catholic church.

Jesus never spoke of the Trinity. When that teaching came into the Bible over a thousand years after Christ returned to heaven, it is a man made convention, not that of Christ.
How Trinity entered the church in 325 AD at the Council of Nicaea.

The old testament tells us, our God is one! Jesus said, I and the Father are ONE! Not three!
Jesus said to baptize in the name of himself, Jesus Christ. Later, collaborative with the introduction of the Trinity was the additional scripture, baptize in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit, added. When in truth, God is spirit (we must worship in spirit) and is holy. Not a second dimension to God at all. Jesus was God. (and you shall name him Emmanuel, meaning God with us.) . It's one God forever and always. Not three natures, not three separate persons. God is not a person, God is holy spirit.

edit, deleted emote that appeared with punctuation in place.

Last edited:

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s silly but not as silly as you not answering a simple question
Jesus is the Rock! Not Peter. He was called Peter, Petrus/Rock, but the Rock, if you read the OT, is God. Jesus was God. Jesus told Peter upon this rock...Jesus did not say, Peter, Petrus, upon you shall I found my church.
When the scriptures tell us God is not found in structures built by mortal hands, do you really believe God is found in a church constructed in Rome and over top a pagan graveyard? No.
Jesus church was founded upon the Rock that is God Almighty. Peter was the leader of the Apostles, not the first pope. In point of fact all one has to realize is the celibacy rule in the RCC, especially as pertains to the popes of its history to realize that. Because Peter? Was married.
Your church does not save. Jesus does!

Psalm 78:35
And they remembered that God was their rock,
And the Most High God their Redeemer.

59 Bible verses about God, The Rock

Reactions: mjrhealth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered
You may have answered someone else, but it was not me.
What is the Word of God?
So then would not following Jesus alone be a good thing or even the best thing? What is missing from God's Word?
But would you not agree that God has the authority to speak His Word to any heart hungry and thirsty for the right [according to what God says is right] things? If Catholics have been given by God 6 more books plus traditions not found in a written Bible, who would decide that God has nothing more to say to any man?
I don’t , I asked! If you do or not
Did you direct that question to me before?

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." John 21:25

Why 66? Why 72?

yes I presume you do but I don’t know for sure
I really do Not believe that what is written is the Word of God... unless it is brought to Life by the Holy Spirit of God.

"[God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

The bible is a book on the shelf which unopened says nothing: no lies and no truth. When it is opened by a person who is led only by God as he speaks then his words are the Word of God, they are Truth. When he is led only by lying spirits, he only speaks lies. When he is led by a mixture, then that is what he will speak. When we hear someone speak or read what someone has written here on this forum, we need help to sort out what is truth from what is a lie. God will provide any necessary help when a person really needs to know and asks of Him.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
sign of obedience is not a sacrifice or adoration or worship

you did not answer my question???

i just go by what the picture shows, you can call it pretty birds flying over a rainbow if you like, it still shows men bowing down and worshiping the pope. Peter said not to do that.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show me anywhere in the Catholic Faith that Bowing to graven images is taught by the Catholic Church?

what’s the difference between images and graven images?

Doesnt have to be taught by the church, doesn't eveen have to be a graven image. And the church doesnt stop them from breaking one of the 10 commandments so they must condone it. Have you as a Catholic ever bowed to any image/statue?

Exodus 20:
4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

catholic_idolaters.jpg

Reactions: DNB