For those who deny the Most Holy Trinity!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never came by yours, and the Word is limited to Christ God and the Holy Spirit, since Jesus is the word of God, and God is where His words came from. No ta book written and corrupted by men.

1 Corinthians 12:8
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

Ephesians 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by theSpirit;

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the first refers to johns baptism in f repentance

the second by water and the spirit Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 refers to Christian sacrament of baptism
all you spill out is mens doctirines why dont you seek out the one who is the truth before you fond out too late you missed Him.

The only baptizm that matters is teh Holy Spirit, or would you and I mean you demand God not save people because they never got there ears wet,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Corinthians 12:8
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

Ephesians 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by theSpirit;
And still you missed it all, will you forever remain in your ignorance, I think that is mentioned in there somewhere.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all you spill out is mens doctirines why dont you seek out the one who is the truth before you fond out too late you missed Him.

The only baptizm that matters is teh Holy Spirit, or would you and I mean you demand God not save people because they never got there ears wet,

john 3:5 says water AND the spirit not spirit only

the words of men are the words of God Lk 10:16 he who hears you (men) hears me (God)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok the trinity is one God in three divine persons, the athanasius creed is the best explanation I know of.
I had asked some specific questions, of which you have failed to answer any.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
john 3:5 says water AND the spirit not spirit only

the words of men are the words of God Lk 10:16 he who hears you (men) hears me (God)
only if God gives them that word to speak, your religion has no authority except to the fools who give them that authority. Christ calls all men to Himself but still to this day, HE is denied, as men prefer the doctrines of men than the truth that is in Christ Jesus.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A wise lady once said..."God has not committed to any finite man the work of judging others, for man's judgment would be biased by his peculiar traits of character. Neither had He laid it upon any man to bind the conscience of another, or to pass judgment upon His holy Word, defining what is inspired and what is human. Unless sanctified, soul, body, and spirit, man will be in danger of manifesting an unkindly spirit toward his brother who does not agree with his ideas. There is no such narrowness with God".
The truth is that while scripture does speak of three divine beings, the trinity doctrine goes way beyond what the NT teaches and the formula that the various creeds have cobbled together are nothing else other than speculation.
"The doctrine of the Holy Trinity is not taught in the OT. In the NT the oldest evidence is in the Pauline epistles, especially 2 Cor 13:13 and 1 Cor 12:4-6)" (New Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 14 page 306, Trinity, Holy (in the Bible)
Here is the point blank denial of the trinity doctrine being found in the Old Testament. This is even though some trinitarians maintain that there is evidence of it there. Notice here that what is said to be found in the New Testament is not the trinity doctrine itself but ―evidence‖ of it. As we shall now see, the same is said with regard to this teaching being found in the gospels. The encyclopaedia continues
"In the Gospels, evidence of the trinity is found explicitly only in the baptismal statement." (Ibid)
This is quite a remarkable statement, particularly as it was the Roman Catholic Church that made it. This is because they regard their rendition of the trinity doctrine as the central belief of their denominational faith (also of Christianity). Notice it says that even then it is only evidence that can be found in Matthew 28:19 and not the trinity doctrine itself. This is the only text in the Scriptures where it actually names Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Ghost) together as such. We can see therefore that even the Roman Catholic Church admits that the trinity teaching is only an assumed doctrine, not one that is explicitly stated in Scripture.
Based on the above, how can any church or individual claim one is not a Christian if he/she does not believe in an assumed doctrine?

Reactions: amadeus and jaybird

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We as Christians argue and debate interminably upon subjects that God has explicitly revealed. How clever do we think we are when we begin to attempt to dissect things about the nature of God upon which God Himself has been totally silent? And then have the audacity to exclude people from heaven when they refuse to accept our speculative opinions?

Reactions: amadeus and jaybird

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
dissect things about the nature of God upon which God Himself has been totally silent?
He never has, people just dont bother asking Him,

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But who needs Him we all have our bibles religions and opinions ehhhh, and we know what God thinks of mens opinions.

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. maybe a good topic, but lets see.
Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

I have a question, is these three of yours are they "distinct" and separate PERSONS, within the Godhead? yes or no.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only if God gives them that word to speak, your religion has no authority except to the fools who give them that authority. Christ calls all men to Himself but still to this day, HE is denied, as men prefer the doctrines of men than the truth that is in Christ Jesus.

of course they are united to Christ and his work
Jn 15:5 apart from me (Christ) you can do nothing

matt 28:19 go and teach, teach whatever you feel like? No only what Christ revealed and commanded

as I said a hundred times

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

does Christ reconcile the world to himself?
Is He the only one who has this ministry of reconciliation?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith,
is these three of yours are they "distinct" and separate PERSONS, within the Godhead? yes or no.

and one more, is the Father "LORD", as well as the son and the Holy Ghost, yes or no?

PICJAG

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do what you want, but think I'll pass on bowing down to graven images.

show me anywhere in the Catholic Faith that Bowing to graven images is taught by the Catholic Church?

what’s the difference between images and graven images?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. maybe a good topic, but lets see.

I have a question, is these three of yours are they "distinct" and separate PERSONS, within the Godhead? yes or no.

PICJAG

three separate persons in one divine nature yes, but there is a unity of nature but a hierarchy of persons

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith,
is these three of yours are they "distinct" and separate PERSONS, within the Godhead? yes or no.

and one more, is the Father "LORD", as well as the son and the Holy Ghost, yes or no?

PICJAG

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
three separate persons in one divine nature yes, but there is a unity of nature but a hierarchy of persons
Thanks for the reply.
if that's true, then who made all things? John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." the word is the Son, correct, BECAUSE the verse before said, John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God."

now this, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

is these two the same one person, or is these two separate and distinct persons?

will be looking for your answer.

PICJAG

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.
if that's true, then who made all things? John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." the word is the Son, correct, BECAUSE the verse before said, John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God."

now this, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

is these two the same one person, or is these two separate and distinct persons?

will be looking for your answer.

PICJAG

Nicene creed

Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made; one in being with the Father. Through him all things were made.