For those who deny the Most Holy Trinity!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the Rock! Not Peter. He was called Peter, Petrus/Rock, but the Rock, if you read the OT, is God. Jesus was God. Jesus told Peter upon this rock...Jesus did not say, Peter, Petrus, upon you shall I found my church.
When the scriptures tell us God is not found in structures built by mortal hands, do you really believe God is found in a church constructed in Rome and over top a pagan graveyard? No.
Jesus church was founded upon the Rock that is God Almighty. Peter was the leader of the Apostles, not the first pope. In point of fact all one has to realize is the celibacy rule in the RCC, especially as pertains to the popes of its history to realize that. Because Peter? Was married.
Your church does not save. Jesus does!

Psalm 78:35
And they remembered that God was their rock,
And the Most High God their Redeemer.

59 Bible verses about God, The Rock
Only thing you missed its its actually revelation Jesus was talking about, that is how He is building His church, and you can see there is very little of it around,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
that’s silly but not as silly as you not answering a simple question
Remember what satan said to Jesus,

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

So much blindnes and men love it. All you do is seek to steal men away from Christ, and for every one you do, you will have to answer for, every one.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only thing you missed its its actually revelation Jesus was talking about, that is how He is building His church, and you can see there is very little of it around,
Jesus was building his church with his Apostles who were sent forth in the Great Commission. The Book of Revelation is precisely that. Revelation. Future revelation. And, [sic]"...Revelation is for a church under attack. Its purpose is to awaken us to the dimensions of the battle and the strategies of the enemy, so that we will respond to the attacks with faithful perseverance and purity, overcoming by the blood of the Lamb..." Source and more reading:
How the Book of Revelation Encourages the Church

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i thought they bowed down and worshiped the pope?

View attachment 12405
In fairness as one married to a former Catholic, the Catholic does not worship the pope.
That picture is not showing worship to the pope. Those are newly ordained priests that are laying prostrate on the floor. This is why:
Why does the ordinand lie prostrate during the ordination?
It symbolizes his unworthiness for the office to be assumed and his dependence upon God and the prayers of the Christian community.
Vocation FAQ's - Vocations - Catholic Online

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was building his church with his Apostles who were sent forth in the Great Commission. The Book of Revelation is precisely that. Revelation. Future revelation. And, [sic]"...Revelation is for a church under attack. Its purpose is to awaken us to the dimensions of the battle and the strategies of the enemy, so that we will respond to the attacks with faithful perseverance and purity, overcoming by the blood of the Lamb..." Source and more reading:
How the Book of Revelation Encourages the Church
Jesus is still building His Church, untill His wedding He will continue to do so, and as long as He is, revelation will always be there, there is no other way to know God, than by revelation, what He reveals, thats why christianty is sucj a mess based on m,ens wisdom and understanding not the things or knowledge, knowing God.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is still building His Church, untill His wedding He will continue to do so, and as long as He is, revelation will always be there, there is no other way to know God, than by revelation, what He reveals, thats why christianty is sucj a mess based on m,ens wisdom and understanding not the things or knowledge, knowing God.
Ah, yes, revelation. Forgive me, I thought you were speaking of John's book.
Yes, revelation feeds the church now. The church is each Christian who is indwelt by the holy spirit and in Christ. We, the body of the faithful world wide, are the church. And Christ is our head.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the Essenes of Qumran took the sabbath so serious they did not go to bathroom, eat, etc. it was a community rule. they didnt teach it was a sin, but rather these rules were put in place to help them be more devoted. thats what the trinity should be, a community rule for churches, if they want to teach these things inside their church great, dont force on others that are not interested. someone like me is not interested in christology, IMO it has no benefit. if the true nature of Jesus is this or that how does it help me serve the greater good. but if i follow the example of Jesus, do what He did. it benefits everyone.
Age. The nature it material reality of God is none of our business. He is Spirit. That's all we know. Jesus is still human, but with a glorified body. One day we will know what that means because we'll have one also, in the meantime...
What we do need to under stand is His character. Because it is His character that we need to take and accept as our own. That is what being transformed into His image means. Becoming like Him in character.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
In fairness as one married to a former Catholic, the Catholic does not worship the pope.
That picture is not showing worship to the pope. Those are newly ordained priests that are laying prostrate on the floor. This is why:
Why does the ordinand lie prostrate during the ordination?
It symbolizes his unworthiness for the office to be assumed and his dependence upon God and the prayers of the Christian community.
Vocation FAQ's - Vocations - Catholic Online

with respect, the pope is in front of them receiving the worship.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Age. The nature it material reality of God is none of our business. He is Spirit. That's all we know. Jesus is still human, but with a glorified body. One day we will know what that means because we'll have one also, in the meantime...
What we do need to under stand is His character. Because it is His character that we need to take and accept as our own. That is what being transformed into His image means. Becoming like Him in character.

right on BL, thats why He was sent, to show us the way. follow that example and be transformed.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
with respect, the pope is in front of them receiving the worship.
Thank you for the respect. :) In kind, that's not what they're doing though. Besides why, per the link I shared earlier, those priests are prostrate on the floor, they're also in that position because it serves as a sign by that symbolic prostrate vulnerable position on the floor of the church, of their vow to lay their life down in service to God and his people.

Opus Dei="Work of God" Cardinal Pietro Parolin ordains 29 new Opus Dei priests | ROME REPORTS

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please assist my understanding of that first part of your post. When you say, Jesus is still human, are you referring to when he was on earth? Or do you mean he's human right now?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While I agree with you literally, who and what we worship is that to which we are surrendered to. And the average Catholic, (there are many sincere Catholics in that communion who serve and love God fully according to what light they have) is surrendered to a system that is essentially Antichrist. That system has provided intermediaries that replace Christ. The Pope is the prime example, and Catholic historic teaching that promotes the Pope as having the final say as to who is saved or not, "replaces Christ"...is a concept that puts the Pope on the throne "instead of Christ". Antichrist means precisely that. Replaces or instead of Christ. Below the Pope you have cardinals, bishops, priests, and a system of sacramentalism that displaces the true one-time sacrifice of Christ with a works based progression and even then one needs prayers of others, devotions, money, in order to escape purgatory. The simple gospel of salvation by faith through grace is lost in a sea of confusion and superstition. Then of course you have Mary and all the saints. All these and more are indeed worshiped because it is those things which are relied upon for salvation and hope. They are false gods and demons.
Many Catholics I believe have a sincere faith in God and do not rely on those things. They understand the gospel, but are caught up in fear and tradition and see no other way. They will, when the holy Spirit comes in the time of the latter rain, recognize their position, and come out of her in great numbers.
As for Opus Dei. I wouldn't trust such a group any more than I would the Jesuits or the Dominicans or the Knights of Malta and Columbus.

Reactions: WaterSong

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please assist my understanding of that first part of your post. When you say, Jesus is still human, are you referring to when he was on earth? Or do you mean he's human right now?
I am convinced He is still a man. When He became human I believe that was an integral part of the sacrifice God made, in giving His only Son to the human race. It was forever. But He is also still, and always was from all eternity, the divine Son of God, and therefore deity.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's another quote from the wise lady I quoted earlier....
"There are some things upon which we must reason, and there are other things that we must not discuss. In regard to God -- what He is and where He is -- silence is eloquence. When you are tempted to speak of what God is, keep silence, because as surely as you begin to speak of this, you will disparage Him."
The trinity formula is not, nor can any man make it so, an accurate depiction of Who God is. God, in His natural element...what He is...has not been revealed therefore all we imagine Him to be will always fall short of reality. And to coerce others to accept our speculations is an insult to God and man.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am convinced He is still a man. When He became human I believe that was an integral part of the sacrifice God made, in giving His only Son to the human race. It was forever. But He is also still, and always was from all eternity, the divine Son of God, and therefore deity.
Interesting. What passage(s) convince you Jesus is still a man, flesh and blood.

What of 1 Corinthians 15
I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree with you literally, who and what we worship is that to which we are surrendered to. And the average Catholic, (there are many sincere Catholics in that communion who serve and love God fully according to what light they have) is surrendered to a system that is essentially Antichrist. That system has provided intermediaries that replace Christ. The Pope is the prime example, and Catholic historic teaching that promotes the Pope as having the final say as to who is saved or not, "replaces Christ"...is a concept that puts the Pope on the throne "instead of Christ". Antichrist means precisely that. Replaces or instead of Christ. Below the Pope you have cardinals, bishops, priests, and a system of sacramentalism that displaces the true one-time sacrifice of Christ with a works based progression and even then one needs prayers of others, devotions, money, in order to escape purgatory. The simple gospel of salvation by faith through grace is lost in a sea of confusion and superstition. Then of course you have Mary and all the saints. All these and more are indeed worshiped because it is those things which are relied upon for salvation and hope. They are false gods and demons.
Many Catholics I believe have a sincere faith in God and do not rely on those things. They understand the gospel, but are caught up in fear and tradition and see no other way. They will, when the holy Spirit comes in the time of the latter rain, recognize their position, and come out of her in great numbers.
As for Opus Dei. I wouldn't trust such a group any more than I would the Jesuits or the Dominicans or the Knights of Malta and Columbus.

Now that I can agree with. I believe the RCC is satanic. Antichrist? Possibly. I know many an opinion with this new pope on the scene has arrived at the conclusion that if there is a small a antichrist, he's it. Though the capital A one isn't impossible either.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting. What passage(s) convince you Jesus is still a man, flesh and blood.

What of 1 Corinthians 15
I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
Jesus rose from the dead with an immortal body. Glorified. Same as what we will receive.
Now that I can agree with. I believe the RCC is satanic. Antichrist? Possibly. I know many an opinion with this new pope on the scene has arrived at the conclusion that if there is a small a antichrist, he's it. Though the capital A one isn't impossible either.
All the reformers considered that either the Pope, or the Papacy itself, was THE Antichrist. I agree with them. They were closer to the action and they understood the nature of Rome far better than any of us.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right when you state, This is the catholic faith One cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

However, Bible believing Jesus loving Christians baptized, not sprinkled, and indwelt by God's holy spirit are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus. Not through faith in the Catholic church, not through faith in the Trinity teachings of the Catholic church.

Jesus never spoke of the Trinity. When that teaching came into the Bible over a thousand years after Christ returned to heaven, it is a man made convention, not that of Christ.
How Trinity entered the church in 325 AD at the Council of Nicaea.

The old testament tells us, our God is one! Jesus said, I and the Father are ONE! Not three!
Jesus said to baptize in the name of himself, Jesus Christ. Later, collaborative with the introduction of the Trinity was the additional scripture, baptize in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit, added. When in truth, God is spirit (we must worship in spirit) and is holy. Not a second dimension to God at all. Jesus was God. (and you shall name him Emmanuel, meaning God with us.) . It's one God forever and always. Not three natures, not three separate persons. God is not a person, God is holy spirit.

edit, deleted emote that appeared with punctuation in place.

you believe condemned heresy of an unbiblical fundamentalism!

Christian baptism is valid in all forms as long there is flowing water three times over the fore head with words I baptize thee in the name of the father the son and the Holy Spirit matt 28:19
So much for your anti-trinity

God is one nature! Yes
But three divine persons
It is a mystery
Jesus did speak of the trinity
At the baptism and transfiguration and Matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Rock! Not Peter. He was called Peter, Petrus/Rock, but the Rock, if you read the OT, is God. Jesus was God. Jesus told Peter upon this rock...Jesus did not say, Peter, Petrus, upon you shall I found my church.
When the scriptures tell us God is not found in structures built by mortal hands, do you really believe God is found in a church constructed in Rome and over top a pagan graveyard? No.
Jesus church was founded upon the Rock that is God Almighty. Peter was the leader of the Apostles, not the first pope. In point of fact all one has to realize is the celibacy rule in the RCC, especially as pertains to the popes of its history to realize that. Because Peter? Was married.
Your church does not save. Jesus does!

Psalm 78:35
And they remembered that God was their rock,
And the Most High God their Redeemer.

59 Bible verses about God, The Rock

only Jesus is the eternal rock and God
But there is the rock on which the church is built and it is Peter matt 16:18-19
Jesus says Peter is this rock and that makes Peter the rock for Christ is truth itself, you can’t give the keys (authority) or the power (binding) to a confession of faith but to a person! Peter and the apostles and their successors eph 2:20