For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if the Son isn't a created being as you propose... But a literal Son as the word begotten means... Every time it's used as far as I can tell...

This is something new...
Did you think before you wrote these texted style deceptive cryptic short statements bro? Are they meant to be incendiary? I wonder...I do not do this type of cute very well at all.

This is a serious discussion and what you think I mean or propose better be validated by me with inquiry before it goes primetime. I hope you get the mood I beginning to move into...

I never said the Son was not created, and he is literal indeed. What is he then, non-literal, or imaginary...lol

And both begotten (born) and created are intrinsically linked. Separate them if you can although you will find you cannot do it.

Created means the Father made the Son, and begotten or born means the actual process of giving birth of the Son that the Father created by conception, within the womb of Mary, per scripture. What dictionary are you now using?

Please explain yourself..

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not like ours. The Last Adam, the first of a new humanity.

Much love!

Let me put a simple question to you:

The human body is a body of death requiring redemption. True or False?

Some verses to consider: Romans 8:23; Philippians 3:21; Romans 7:24; 1 Corinthians 15:53

I think we need to get to a position where you are able to describe the type of atonement you invest your faith in and then test that model with what Paul teaches.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would agree with you completely.
Natural born; life of probation like ours; exalted to the right hand of the Father on high; Has a name which is above every name except Him who gave him that name.
But when? At the incarnation as APAK and others maintain, or before creation, before time... In eternity?
Look back at the miraculous birth of Isaac by the HS who overshadowed Abrahams' wife.
A miracle yes I'm the enabling of Sarah's womb to conceive, but no reason why the mechanics were any different than normal?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But when? At the incarnation as APAK and others maintain, or before creation, before time... In eternity?
Upon his resurrection! as I keep saying he is the firstborn.

A miracle yes I'm the enabling of Sarah's womb to conceive, but no reason why the mechanics were any different than normal?
Same power with different objectives.

Reactions: APAK

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is something new...
Did you think before you wrote these texted style deceptive cryptic short statements bro? Are they meant to be incendiary? I wonder...I do not do this type of cute very well at all.

This is a serious discussion and what you think I mean or propose better be validated by me with inquiry before it goes primetime. I hope you get the mood I beginning to move into...

I never said the Son was not created, and he is literal indeed. What is he then, non-literal, or imaginary...lol

And both begotten (born) and created are intrinsically linked. Separate them if you can although you will find you cannot do it.

Created means the Father made the Son, and begotten or born means the actual process of giving birth of the Son that the Father created by conception, within the womb of Mary, per scripture. What dictionary are you now using?

Please explain yourself..
Brought forth of the Father... Begotten... Before creation, before time... In eternity. A Son brought forth from God and then empowered and authorized to become the Creator of all things and then to become human in order to redeem mankind.
Deceptive? Cryptic? Sorry bro, but you're getting the wrong message. And I'm not 'accusing' you of quote: I never said the Son was not created,... I know that, and that's the point. I'm saying the Son was not created, but begotten. Begotten in a way that scripture doesn't explain, but begotten nevertheless.
Not only does the Bible tell us that Christ is begotten of God, but it also says He is the only begotten of God (John 1:14, 1:18, 3:16, 3:18 and 1 John 4:9 KJV). No one else has ever been begotten of God. Even an angel cannot be said to be a son in this respect. Just as the material things of our world were made out of nothing, so too the angels were made out of nothing (out of things that do not appear – see Hebrews 11:3). This though, cannot be said of Christ. He was begotten (brought forth) of God’s very own substance. He therefore, in His very nature, is truly and fully divine. That much is indisputable. He is not the Father, the Son is a separate independent individual being, but in Him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 1:19, 2:9). This is where I part from the traditional understanding of the trinity as taught in the creeds. Yet God is one. How that unity between the Father and Son exists, we are not told.
All things, including the angels, were created through (by) Christ. KJV 1 Corinthians 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

KJV Colossians 1:14-16
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

KJV Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Christ, in His pre-existence, was not part of God’s creation. He is of the Godhead.

Reactions: Johann

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Brought forth of the Father... Begotten... Before creation, before time... In eternity. A Son brought forth from God and then empowered and authorized to become the Creator of all things and then to become human in order to redeem mankind.
Deceptive? Cryptic? Sorry bro, but you're getting the wrong message. And I'm not 'accusing' you of quote: I never said the Son was not created,... I know that, and that's the point. I'm saying the Son was not created, but begotten. Begotten in a way that scripture doesn't explain, but begotten nevertheless.
Not only does the Bible tell us that Christ is begotten of God, but it also says He is the only begotten of God (John 1:14, 1:18, 3:16, 3:18 and 1 John 4:9 KJV). No one else has ever been begotten of God. Even an angel cannot be said to be a son in this respect. Just as the material things of our world were made out of nothing, so too the angels were made out of nothing (out of things that do not appear – see Hebrews 11:3). This though, cannot be said of Christ. He was begotten (brought forth) of God’s very own substance. He therefore, in His very nature, is truly and fully divine. That much is indisputable. He is not the Father, the Son is a separate independent individual being, but in Him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 1:19, 2:9). This is where I part from the traditional understanding of the trinity as taught in the creeds. Yet God is one. How that unity between the Father and Son exists, we are not told.
All things, including the angels, were created through (by) Christ. KJV 1 Corinthians 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

KJV Colossians 1:14-16
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

KJV Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Christ, in His pre-existence, was not part of God’s creation. He is of the Godhead.

The Greek term for only-begotten, μονογενής, is used nine times altogether in the New Testament

For reference:

General use:

Luke 7:12
Luke 8:42
Luke 9:38

Of the Master:

John 1:14
John 1:18
John 3:16
1 John 4:9

Of Isaac:

Hebrews 11:17

Ha...a thorn in your side ;)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please may everyone read the following carefully and ask yourself, who is soaking here...
KJV Genesis 22:1-2,
1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

This is God speaking right? Can there be any doubt? It is the LORD. It is God putting Abraham to the test. Now, who is speaking here...

11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

It's clear is it not. The angel of the LORD. A messenger. There is no need to conjecture regarding the nature of the angel, as far as this announcement is concerned, the word angel simply denotes messenger, nothing more, nothing less. The following however provides something far more by way of identifying the nature and stature of this messenger/angel...

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou anything unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please may everyone read the following carefully and ask yourself, who is soaking here...
1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

This is God speaking right? Can there be any doubt? It is the LORD. It is God putting Abraham to the test. Now, who is speaking here...

11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

It's clear is it not. The angel of the LORD. A messenger. There is no need to conjecture regarding the nature of the angel, as far as this announcement is concerned, the word angel simply denotes messenger, nothing more, nothing less. The following however provides something far more by way of identifying the nature and stature of this messenger/angel...

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou anything unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me.

I thought everyone knew Angels behold the face of the Father? Matthew 18:10 Hebrews 1:14 Did you know the angel of the Lord was a name bearer of Yahweh? Exodus 23:21 "for my name is in him" (=Yahweh - or, I will be known through mighty ones)

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

The word מלאך (mal'akh) has the root meaning of to send and does not denote the nature of the one sent. The meaning ranges from messenger to envoy.

Function or Nature?
Who or what the one sent is cannot be determined from the word מלאך because it only describes the function of the sent one. Joshua's spies are called מלאכים in Joshua 6:17, 25 because they were sent. By nature they were human but the word describes their function. The same is true of the The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה). His function was to be sent but, as many texts show his nature is deity. He is from YHWH (יהוה) and yet he is one with YHWH (יהוה).

"Hear Oh Israel, YHWH (יהוה) is our God, YHWH (יהוה) is echad!"
The unity of God is one of complexity. God is unseen and yet seen, omnipresent and yet localized. Not man and yet became man.

YHWH (יהוה)
Seen, yet not seen.

Not seen.
Exodus 33:18-23 Moses said, “Please show me your glory.”
...“you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”
(ויאמר לא תוכל לראת את-פני כי לא-יראני האדם וחי)
...and while my glory passes by... but my face shall not be seen.”
Yet seen
Exodus 33:11 Thus YHWH (יהוה) used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.
(וגבר יהוה אל-משה פנים אל פנים כאשר ידבר איש אל-רעהו)
Seen by: Hagar
ותקרא שם-יהוה הדבר אליה אתה אל ראי כי אמרה הגם הלם ראיתי אחרי ראי
Genesis 16:7-14
The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) found her...

And he said, “Hagar...
The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) also said to her,
“I will surely multiply your offspring...”
Hagar recognised that it was God speaking to her.
So she called the name of YHWH (יהוה) who spoke to her,
“You are a God of seeing,” for she said,
“Truly here I have seen him who looks after me.
” Therefore the well was called Beer-lahai-roi (באר לחי ראי)
Seen by: Abraham
Genesis 22:11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17–18
The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) speaks to Abraham:

...YHWH (יהוה) called to [Abraham]... He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.

The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) identifies himself as YHWH (יהוה)

...the Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) called to Abraham a second time... and said, “By myself I have sworn, declares YHWH (יהוה), because you ... have not withheld your son, your only son, ...I will greatly bless you... because you have obeyed my voice.”

Whose voice?

The one speaking - the Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה), who is YHWH (יהוה)

Genesis 18-19
Genesis 18 begins by saying YHWH (יהוה) appeared to Abraham (וירא אליו יהוה).
Genesis 18:2 tells us how YHWH (יהוה) appeared to him.

He raised his eyes (וישא עיניו) and saw three men (וירא והנה שלשה אנשים).

It is interesting that in Genesis 18:3 he addresses one of the men using the title Adonay (אדנָ֗י) reserved only for YHWH (אדנָ֗י אם-נא מצאתי חן בעיניך אל-נא תעבר מעל עבדך)

And we know he is addressing one of the men because it's all masculine singular.

It's only in Genesis 18:4-5 that he addresses all three (רחצו רגליכם והשענו).

So in this introduction we are informed that

YHWH appeared to Abraham.

Of the three men Abraham addressed,

one is Adonay (אדנָ֗י), a title reserved exclusively for YHWH.

The three remain under the tree and are entertained by Abraham (Genesis 18:8).

(ויקח חמאה וחלב ובן-הבקר אשר עשה ויתן לפניהם והוא עמד עליהם תחת העץ ויאכלו)

They ask where Sarah might be and then one of them, YHWH (יהוה) speaks in Genesis 18:9 and says he will return the following year. (ויאמרו אליו איה שרה אשתך ויאמר הנה באהל)

We know it's YHWH because Genesis 21:1-2 tells us

"So Sarah conceived and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the appointed time of which God had spoken to him."

Sarah was listening to this conversation from the tent.

Who was she listening to?

The three men under the tree,

One of whom was Adonay (אדנָ֗י).

When she laughed at what God had just said to Abraham, the identity of Adonay was made plain in Genesis 18:13,

"YHWH (יהוה) said to Abraham..." (ויאמר יהוה אל-אברהם)

The three men got up to go in Genesis 18:16

and Abraham walked with them (ויקמו משם האנשים וישקפו ואברהם הלך עמם).

YHWH (יהוה) spoke again from Genesis 18:17 (ויהוה אמר וינר יהוה).

Genesis 18:22 tells us that:

The men turned away towards Sodom (ויפנו משם האנשים וילכו סדמה) but Abraham stayed with YHWH (יהוה) (ואברהם עודנו עמד לפמני יהוה)

How do we know only two left?

Because Genesis 19:1 tells us that two messengers (שני המלאכים שני) arrived at Sodom.

Where was the third?

Back with Abraham obviously.

After some haggling about Sodom YHWH (יהוה) eventually left and Abraham returned to his tent (וילך יהוה).

God walked off to join the others.

YHWH /Adonay (יהוה/אדנָ֗י) is mentioned then in Genesis 19:17 outside Sodom where he has rejoined the other two (ויאמר המלט).

Lot answered Adonay (אדנָ֗י), "... no my Lord..." ( אל-נא אדנָ֗י).

Genesis 19:19 contains words in the masculine singular.

Lot pleads with YHWH /Adonay (יהוה/אדנָ֗י) .
Then in Genesis 19:24

YHWH (יהוה), one of the men, addressed earlier with the divine title Adonay (אדנָ֗י) is described as... YHWH (יהוה).

And YHWH (יהוה) standing there causes fire to rain down from YHWH (יהוה) in heaven.

The (Definite Article) Angel of YHVH is none other than Christ Jesus who is YHVH
J.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The word מלאך (mal'akh) has the root meaning of to send and does not denote the nature of the one sent. The meaning ranges from messenger to envoy.

Function or Nature?
Who or what the one sent is cannot be determined from the word מלאך because it only describes the function of the sent one. Joshua's spies are called מלאכים in Joshua 6:17, 25 because they were sent. By nature they were human but the word describes their function. The same is true of the The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה). His function was to be sent but, as many texts show his nature is deity. He is from YHWH (יהוה) and yet he is one with YHWH (יהוה).

"Hear Oh Israel, YHWH (יהוה) is our God, YHWH (יהוה) is echad!"
The unity of God is one of complexity. God is unseen and yet seen, omnipresent and yet localized. Not man and yet became man.

YHWH (יהוה)
Seen, yet not seen.

Not seen.
Exodus 33:18-23 Moses said, “Please show me your glory.”
...“you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”
(ויאמר לא תוכל לראת את-פני כי לא-יראני האדם וחי)
...and while my glory passes by... but my face shall not be seen.”
Yet seen
Exodus 33:11 Thus YHWH (יהוה) used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.
(וגבר יהוה אל-משה פנים אל פנים כאשר ידבר איש אל-רעהו)
Seen by: Hagar
ותקרא שם-יהוה הדבר אליה אתה אל ראי כי אמרה הגם הלם ראיתי אחרי ראי
Genesis 16:7-14
The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) found her...

And he said, “Hagar...
The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) also said to her,
“I will surely multiply your offspring...”
Hagar recognised that it was God speaking to her.
So she called the name of YHWH (יהוה) who spoke to her,
“You are a God of seeing,” for she said,
“Truly here I have seen him who looks after me.
” Therefore the well was called Beer-lahai-roi (באר לחי ראי)
Seen by: Abraham
Genesis 22:11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17–18
The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) speaks to Abraham:

...YHWH (יהוה) called to [Abraham]... He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.

The Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) identifies himself as YHWH (יהוה)

...the Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה) called to Abraham a second time... and said, “By myself I have sworn, declares YHWH (יהוה), because you ... have not withheld your son, your only son, ...I will greatly bless you... because you have obeyed my voice.”

Whose voice?

The one speaking - the Angel of YHWH (מלאך יהוה), who is YHWH (יהוה)

Genesis 18-19
Genesis 18 begins by saying YHWH (יהוה) appeared to Abraham (וירא אליו יהוה).
Genesis 18:2 tells us how YHWH (יהוה) appeared to him.

He raised his eyes (וישא עיניו) and saw three men (וירא והנה שלשה אנשים).

It is interesting that in Genesis 18:3 he addresses one of the men using the title Adonay (אדנָ֗י) reserved only for YHWH (אדנָ֗י אם-נא מצאתי חן בעיניך אל-נא תעבר מעל עבדך)

And we know he is addressing one of the men because it's all masculine singular.

It's only in Genesis 18:4-5 that he addresses all three (רחצו רגליכם והשענו).

So in this introduction we are informed that

YHWH appeared to Abraham.

Of the three men Abraham addressed,

one is Adonay (אדנָ֗י), a title reserved exclusively for YHWH.

The three remain under the tree and are entertained by Abraham (Genesis 18:8).

(ויקח חמאה וחלב ובן-הבקר אשר עשה ויתן לפניהם והוא עמד עליהם תחת העץ ויאכלו)

They ask where Sarah might be and then one of them, YHWH (יהוה) speaks in Genesis 18:9 and says he will return the following year. (ויאמרו אליו איה שרה אשתך ויאמר הנה באהל)

We know it's YHWH because Genesis 21:1-2 tells us

"So Sarah conceived and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the appointed time of which God had spoken to him."

Sarah was listening to this conversation from the tent.

Who was she listening to?

The three men under the tree,

One of whom was Adonay (אדנָ֗י).

When she laughed at what God had just said to Abraham, the identity of Adonay was made plain in Genesis 18:13,

"YHWH (יהוה) said to Abraham..." (ויאמר יהוה אל-אברהם)

The three men got up to go in Genesis 18:16

and Abraham walked with them (ויקמו משם האנשים וישקפו ואברהם הלך עמם).

YHWH (יהוה) spoke again from Genesis 18:17 (ויהוה אמר וינר יהוה).

Genesis 18:22 tells us that:

The men turned away towards Sodom (ויפנו משם האנשים וילכו סדמה) but Abraham stayed with YHWH (יהוה) (ואברהם עודנו עמד לפמני יהוה)

How do we know only two left?

Because Genesis 19:1 tells us that two messengers (שני המלאכים שני) arrived at Sodom.

Where was the third?

Back with Abraham obviously.

After some haggling about Sodom YHWH (יהוה) eventually left and Abraham returned to his tent (וילך יהוה).

God walked off to join the others.

YHWH /Adonay (יהוה/אדנָ֗י) is mentioned then in Genesis 19:17 outside Sodom where he has rejoined the other two (ויאמר המלט).

Lot answered Adonay (אדנָ֗י), "... no my Lord..." ( אל-נא אדנָ֗י).

Genesis 19:19 contains words in the masculine singular.

Lot pleads with YHWH /Adonay (יהוה/אדנָ֗י) .
Then in Genesis 19:24

YHWH (יהוה), one of the men, addressed earlier with the divine title Adonay (אדנָ֗י) is described as... YHWH (יהוה).

And YHWH (יהוה) standing there causes fire to rain down from YHWH (יהוה) in heaven.

The (Definite Article) Angel of YHVH is none other than Christ Jesus who is YHVH
J.
Excellent. Exactly what I saw without all the detail. Cheers.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
J.
I am so looking forward to the Lord's return and helping him clean up this theological mess. For now confusion reigns.
What's sad about this is once again we have confirmation bias forcing what is plain and simple as three angels doing Yahweh's work, and you would twist this to squeeze in trinitarian formula.

So lets see the NT explanation of this wonderful story you have invented J. Thought so!
Hebrews 13:2 (sorry, no mention here of Jesus being an angel)
So, was this supposed Jesus lower, or higher than the angels? clearly you have him pretending to be one! Let's get this straight. Yahweh Jesus pretends to be an angle....then Yahweh Yahweh sends Jesus Yahweh to be made lower than the angels to be put to death only to be exalted to be above higher than the angels once more?
@Brakelite and you believe this? with absolutely no evidence at all you, you would swallow that pill and willing choke on it?

The name bearing angel of YHVH is none other than a name bearing angel of YHVH.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, you have told me before.
J.

I knew I had, heck I have no idea what a gnostic is, sounds like some kind of gothic thing. Jehovah is the God of Jesus Joe, He is the one Jesus instructed his disciples to worship and serve exclusively, so being one of Jesus' disciples, I obey. Mat 4:10; 22:37

Reactions: face2face

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am so looking forward to the Lord's return and helping him clean up this theological mess. For now confusion reigns.
What's sad about this is once again we have confirmation bias forcing what is plain and simple as three angels doing Yahweh's work, and you would twist this to squeeze in trinitarian formula.

So lets see the NT explanation of this wonderful story you have invented J. Thought so!
Hebrews 13:2 (sorry, no mention here of Jesus being an angel)
So, was this supposed Jesus lower, or higher than the angels? clearly you have him pretending to be one! Let's get this straight. Yahweh Jesus pretends to be an angle....then Yahweh Yahweh sends Jesus Yahweh to be made lower than the angels to be put to death only to be exalted to be above higher than the angels once more?
@Brakelite and you believe this? with absolutely no evidence at all you, you would swallow that pill and willing choke on it?

The name bearing angel of YHVH is none other than a name bearing angel of YHVH.

Oh, I'm going to upset absolutely everybody and go further. That Angel of the Lord's name... Michael.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This first chapter of Hebrews is tells us that Jesus was ‘much better than the angels’ Hebrews 1:4 higher in rank and authority. The angels were commanded to worship him Hebrews 1:6. The angels are made subject to him 1 Peter 3:22. The angels come with him as his servants Matthew 25:31; Matthew 24:31.

Why would Jesus-angel come down from Heaven with two other angels to carry out these simple tasks?

@Johann the draw on your bow is getting longer!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This first chapter of Hebrews is tells us that Jesus was ‘much better than the angels’ Hebrews 1:4 higher in rank and authority. The angels were commanded to worship him Hebrews 1:6. The angels are made subject to him 1 Peter 3:22. The angels come with him as his servants Matthew 25:31; Matthew 24:31.

Why would Jesus-angel come down from Heaven with two other angels to carry out these simple tasks?

Jesus, Lord of Hosts. Archangel... Head of the angels. That's why

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, I'm going to upset absolutely everybody and go further. That Angel of the Lord's name... Michael.
A commonly held belief that the name bearing Angel is Michael, one of two archangels...Gabriel the other.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

In the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses...

Reactions: face2face