For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
upload_2022-5-10_15-46-4.png
It's subtle, but the word "mere" shows ignorance on the authors part. What they are suggesting is to be God's very Son is mere or less in itself. Let me explain. Colossians 2:9 shows the origin of Christ's position and authority is given by God to Christ his Son, without reservation. However, does this make Christ equal to God? Well no, 1 Corinthians 15:27 tells us God (Yahweh) can never be under Christ feet as per 1 Corinthians 11:3 (God is the head of Christ).

Hierarchy:

1. God (Yahweh the One True God)
2. The Lord Jesus Christ (His Son born of a woman)
3. Man
4. Woman

So here is how the questions should have been positioned if the author had some Biblical understanding:

1. God
2. Lessor than God
3. Son / Man of God

1. No
2. Yes (in authority but represents his Father in all things)
3. Yes on both points!!! (He is the Son of Man and the Son of God)

Enjoy
F2F

Reactions: APAK

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
View attachment 22449
It's subtle, but the word "mere" shows ignorance on the authors part. What they are suggesting is to be God's very Son is mere or less in itself. Let me explain. Colossians 2:9 shows the origin of Christ's position and authority is given by God to Christ his Son, without reservation. However, does this make Christ equal to God? Well no, 1 Corinthians 15:27 tells us God (Yahweh) can never be under Christ feet as per 1 Corinthians 11:3 (God is the head of Christ).

Hierarchy:

1. God (Yahweh the One True God)
2. The Lord Jesus Christ (His Son born of a woman)
3. Man
4. Woman

So here is how the questions should have been positioned if the author had some Biblical understanding:

1. God
2. Lessor than God
3. Son / Man of God

1. No
2. Yes (in authority but represents his Father in all things)
3. Yes on both points!!! (He is the Son of Man and the Son of God)

Enjoy
F2F

First of all, you don't know who the "author" is, how he lives, how he believes.
Secondly, the author deliberately chose this topic.
Thirdly, if you had any biblical knowledge as you profess to have, then why dismiss the Christ as NOT God?
The demons believe, and they shudder and the author is well aware of his shortcomings but not in his conviction and trust in Christ Jesus as his Savior.
Paneh to paneh
Shalom to you and family
J.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to compromise on the Scriptures brother, Jesus is/haya God and in no way inferior to God..God WITH God..
J.
Do you consider a Colonel inferior to a General Joe? If so then Jesus would be inferior. The Bible doesn't speak about it in that way per se, but as I showed you in Scripture Jesus is subject to Jehovah. Sitting at God's right hand signifies position. Did you read 1 Cor 11:3? Do you have an alternate explanation? If you do not believe me, will you listen to Jesus who said the Father is greater than I? Jn 14:28

Do you consider a woman "inferior" to a man? She is subject to him, the same way that man is subject to Jesus, the same way that Jesus is subject to God. Jesus is not equal to Jehovah sir.

Reactions: dev553344

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus, the same way that Jesus is subject to God. Jesus is not equal to Jehovah sir.

Robert..it almost sounds like.."Did God say...?"
I have shown you numerous scriptures that Christ is God and in NO way inferior to the Father.
There's a humanistic view and approach to the Scriptures which don't sit well with me.

Job_5:9 Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvelous things without number:

Job_36:26 Behold, God is great, and we know him not; the number of his years is unsearchable.

Psa_145:3 Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

Pro_25:3 The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.

Rom_11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past tracing out!

Eph_3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, was this grace given, to preach unto the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

We must become less, that our great God and Savior may receive the highest eulogy and...

Rom_14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, to me every knee shall bow, And every tongue shall confess to God.

Php_2:10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth,..

No room for intellectual boasting friend, it is all Mashiach and none of self, or all of self and none of Christ, no one foot in the basileia and the other in the kosmos.
There are many members in the body, and each member has his/her own gift given to us from..

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all made to drink of one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; it is not therefore not of the body.
1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; it is not therefore not of the body.
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members each one of them in the body, even as it pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now they are many members, but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, I have no need of thee: or again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22 Nay, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be more feeble are necessary:
1Co 12:23 and those parts of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness;
1Co 12:24 whereas our comely parts have no need: but God tempered the body together, giving more abundant honour to that part which lacked;
1Co 12:25 that there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffereth, all the members suffer with it; or one member is honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and severally members thereof.
1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, divers kinds of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30 have all gifts of healings? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But desire earnestly the greater gifts. And a still more excellent way shew I unto you.

What is the more excellent hodos?
J.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have shown you numerous scriptures that Christ is God and in NO way inferior to the Father.

No. You read into verses your doctrine that is not there. 1 Cor 11:3 and many other verses juxtapose God with Jesus. If what you are saying were true, this would never be the case.

By contrast, the Father is always linked to God in Scripture. There is no verse that says God is the head of the Father.

But to educate us dumb demons, can you explain why Scripture states that God ( in his wholeness, in his unitarian nature) is the head of Christ if they are equal?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Remember @Pearl..

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Shalom
J.
There are too many suspect Christians on this site trying to muddy the waters. Well I stand firm on the Rock which is not Peter but Christ Jesus the Son of God. Who also is God.

Reactions: Johann

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember @Pearl..

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Shalom
J.
He never said, behold my children. He always directed me to my Father.

Matthew 12:49-50 KJV
[49] And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! [50] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

What do @Johann believe to be the will of the Father?

Reactions: APAK and Wrangler