For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one God with three parts. Just as we ourselves are made in his image of body mind and spirit. The JWs believe that Jesus was just a god and have altered their bibles accordingly.
What’s my part? Or do I have no part?

Reactions: Wrangler

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
With your reasoning I am God.

וְעֵינֵינוּ נְשׂוּאוֹת אֶל־הַתִּקְוָה הַטּוֹבָה לְעֵת יִגָּלֶה כְבוֹד הָאֱלֹהִים הַגָּדוֹל וְיֵשׁוּעַ הַמָּשִׁיחַ מוֹשִׁיעֵינוּ׃

Nothing wrong with the Holy Spirit's kratos friend, I am nothing and have nothing to boast about, what I do have is two brothers here watching my back.
J.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture even says that the Word was with God in the beginning. Jesus didn't just pop into existence with the virgin birth.
If the beginning referenced was In the first century beginning with the first begotten of the Father, then yes.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote Scriptures my brother, Messiah did it, so the apostles, and so should we.
J.
You’ve read the scriptures for many years, and I know that you know you are a son of the Father, and so is Jesus. It shouldn’t be complicated.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No, the New Testament doesn’t support this, this is Romanism.

Read the morphology..in the beginning..before there was any beginning...

In the beginning was (ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν)
With evident allusion to the first word of Genesis. But John elevates the phrase from its reference to a point of time, the beginning of creation, to the time of absolute pre-existence before any creation, which is not mentioned until Joh_1:3. This beginning had no beginning (compare Joh_1:3; Joh_17:5; 1Jn_1:1; Eph_1:4; Pro_8:23; Psa_90:2). This heightening of the conception, however, appears not so much in ἀρχή, beginning, which simply leaves room for it, as in the use of ἦν, was, denoting absolute existence (compare εἰμί, I am, Joh_8:58) instead of ἐγένετο, came into being, or began to be, which is used in Joh_1:3, Joh_1:14, of the coming into being of creation and of the Word becoming flesh. Note also the contrast between ἀρχή, in the beginning, and the expression ἀπ' ἀρχῆς, from the beginning, which is common in John's writings (Joh_8:44; 1Jn_2:7, 1Jn_2:24; 1Jn_3:8) and which leaves no room for the idea of eternal pre-existence. “In Gen_1:1, the sacred historian starts from the beginning and comes downward, thus keeping us in the course of time.
Vincent.
No room for Romanism.
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the morphology..in the beginning..before there was any beginning...

In the beginning was (ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν)
With evident allusion to the first word of Genesis. But John elevates the phrase from its reference to a point of time, the beginning of creation, to the time of absolute pre-existence before any creation, which is not mentioned until Joh_1:3. This beginning had no beginning (compare Joh_1:3; Joh_17:5; 1Jn_1:1; Eph_1:4; Pro_8:23; Psa_90:2). This heightening of the conception, however, appears not so much in ἀρχή, beginning, which simply leaves room for it, as in the use of ἦν, was, denoting absolute existence (compare εἰμί, I am, Joh_8:58) instead of ἐγένετο, came into being, or began to be, which is used in Joh_1:3, Joh_1:14, of the coming into being of creation and of the Word becoming flesh. Note also the contrast between ἀρχή, in the beginning, and the expression ἀπ' ἀρχῆς, from the beginning, which is common in John's writings (Joh_8:44; 1Jn_2:7, 1Jn_2:24; 1Jn_3:8) and which leaves no room for the idea of eternal pre-existence. “In Gen_1:1, the sacred historian starts from the beginning and comes downward, thus keeping us in the course of time.
Vincent.
No room for Romanism.
J.
You do realize a new age began? Jesus preexisted in the spirit and wisdom of God. When you read Genesis and see man created in their image what you have is the very picture of Christ. For he is the image of the invisible God. No man had ever witnessed this until the first century.