For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, the most revealing, on point teaching about the Deity of Christ. I have heard many facets of this "Doctoral Dissertation" or better yet, the plain TRUTH given by the Holy Spirit, but not as thoroughly persuasive and complete as his. I am wondering why I never heard of this guy? Praise God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Wow, the most revealing, on point teaching about the Deity of Christ. I have heard many facets of this "Doctoral Disertation" or better yet, the plain TRUTH given by the Holy Spirit, but not as thoroughly persuasive and complete as his. I am wondering why I never heard of this guy? Praise God.

Changed By Grace

God bless my brother.
J.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Johann:

Your choices are not necessarily the best for your question. By saying a 'mere' man is this meant to connote a normal human being without the influence of his Father, his God? Well if so then that one cannot be right, as he was not just a mere man pulled out from the crown so to speak. He was definitively a human being carrying his Father's spirit. Even Christians, true believers in Christ are not considered 'mere' carnal human beings anymore. They are special, having the spirit of truth within them. Now Yahshua was the/a 'son of man' which was a common expression for any human man, even for you or I. People make a real big deal as if it is means something special.

You choices of sources are rubbish, sourced for the same teachings and mentality of main stream trinitarians - biased against the scripture if it conflicts with their man-made doctrine. How possibly can you get any real truth from it?!

When a source starts out with 'loud' seemingly indisputable blanket statements of this is the truth about something then you can suspect that they are hiding something. Used car sales people act this way.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You choices of sources are rubbish,

Then show me your verifiable sources brother, remember, English is not my first language.
Now, since everything I post is "rubbish" to an intellectual like you, how about giving me links to put me on the derek HaKadosh?
Next time you feel the need to correct me, do so in a loving spirit, I might reconsider.
Or hit the ignore button.
I can hold my own to intellectuals like you friend.
J.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..Oh yes, Christ Jesus is God, if He's not you don't have a Savior brother.
I might be wrong on some Points, but not on this.
J.
What you're saying is incorrect and you missing the point I made. "Jesus is not God" rather he is a God. If he were God then we would have no need of the Father and the Holy Ghost. More accurately: "The Father the Son and The Holy Ghost are God". Without the son we would all die in our sins and be sent to hell. Without the Father it is the same fate. Without the Holy Ghost it is also the same fate.

Do you believe in the Trinity?

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Johann:

Your choices are not necessarily the best for your question. By saying a 'mere' man is this meant to connote a normal human being without the influence of his Father, his God? Well if so then that one cannot be right, as he was not just a mere man pulled out from the crown so to speak. He was definitively a human being carrying his Father's spirit. Even Christians, true believers in Christ are not considered 'mere' carnal human beings anymore. They are special, having the spirit of truth within them. Now Yahshua was the/a 'son of man' which was a common expression for any human man, even for you or I. People make a real big deal as if it is means something special.

You choices of sources are rubbish, sourced for the same teachings and mentality of main stream trinitarians - biased against the scripture if it conflicts with their man-made doctrine. How possibly can you get any real truth from it?!

When a source starts out with 'loud' seemingly indisputable blanket statements of this is the truth about something then you can suspect that they are hiding something. Used car sales people act this way.
A loving spirit also is direct and to the point when it comes to matters of the truth. It cannot be sugar-coated Johann, for this subject at least. I hope my reply here then was more to your likely and more loving.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus IS God. He is the Word and was in at the beginning. He spoke the word and it was created.

John 1:1-4
The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

So how do people argue against that?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to compromise on the Scriptures brother, Jesus is/haya God and in no way inferior to Go

Jesus most certainly is inferior to God! Jesus died. God did not. Jesus did not so love the world that he gave God! But God so loved the world that he gave his procreated Son, only begotten at the time.

How else do you explain 1 COR 11:3? And Jesus himself admitting God knows more than he and is greater than he. Jesus only said what God told him to say and Jesus submitted to God's will on his last night. The Father alone is explicitly identified as God over and over and over again. Not one time is Jesus called 'God the son' in Scripture or God in any way in Scripture.

God raised Jesus from the dead. There is no Scriptural verse that says God was raised from the dead by Jesus or that God submitted to Jesus or God was sent by Jesus or God only said what Jesus told him to say. There is no verse that says Jesus is the head of God.

And who did Jesus tell us to pray to? To our Father, meaning Jesus is on equal level with us; he did not say to pray to 'my Father.' Also, he said the being we are to pray to is where Jesus is not at the time he said it - in heaven. Jesus said only those who truly worship, worship the Father. God never said only those who truly worship, worship him.

1 Timothy 1:17 says that all glory goes to God. No verse says to divide glory among even God's servant, explicity stated to be Jesus at Acts 3:13. There is no verse that says God is the servant of Jesus. Even after Jesus had been GIVEN all authority in heaven and Earth, sitting on the throne of God, waiting to return to Earth, he is STILL inferior to God as Rev 1:1 explicitly states God gave Jesus the revelation.

All of this establishes hierarchy, meaning Jesus is inferior to God in every way.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if the Father called the Son "God" (Theos)? Would you believe Him?
I know Jesus is a God. The point I was making is that he is not God. He is one of three Gods in the trinity. The Father the Son and the Holy Ghost. I made that distinction because I have seen people post on this forum that they think there is one God and that God they believe to be Jesus, which is incorrect.