Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are His friend if you obey His commandments.

Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

His commands in the new covenant, are not the Decalogue.

Love fulfills the law of God in the new covenant.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

We are under the two love commands today, which go far beyond the old ten in how well you treat your neighbor.

1. Love God with all your heart.

2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Notice that in the Decalogue, there is no love for your neighbor found there.

It says to Love God in the ten, but says not one word about loving your neighbor.

The two love commands in the new covenant are much better than the old ten.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I beg to differ.

Rom 13:8, Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9, For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10, Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1Jo 5:2, By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jo 5:3, For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6, And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The decalogue contains within it the commandments of the Lord.

The commandments in the decalogue are fulfilled when we obey the commandment to love our neighbor as ourself. What does it mean that they are fulfilled, except that they are obeyed by us and we do not violate them?

It says to Love God in the ten, but says not one word about loving your neighbor.

Again, read Romans 13:9. The "ten" are fulfilled when we love our neighbor.

If I love my neighbor as myself, I am not going to kill him, steal from him, commit adultery with his wife, bear false witness against him, covet anything that belongs to him, or violate any other commandment concerning him.

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

We are under the two love commands today, which go far beyond the old ten in how well you treat your neighbor.

Jesus told us the laws and the prophets hang on those two commands.
Meaning the 10 commandments , the whole of the Mitzvot, pertained to love of God and of our neighbor.

Jesus was also asked what commands still apply given his ministry on earth.

The lawgiver himself reaffirmed the 10 commandments.
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 5 - American Standard Version

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ.

Rom 13:8, Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9, For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10, Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1Jo 5:2, By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jo 5:3, For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6, And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The decalogue contains within it the commandments of the Lord.

The commandments in the decalogue are fulfilled when we obey the commandment to love our neighbor as ourself. What does it mean that they are fulfilled, except that they are obeyed by us and we do not violate them?

Again, read Romans 13:9. The "ten" are fulfilled when we love our neighbor.

If I love my neighbor as myself, I am not going to kill him, steal from him, commit adultery with his wife, bear false witness against him, covet anything that belongs to him, or violate any other commandment concerning him.

I explained that already.

Whereas you can say that 9 of the ten commands are contained in the two love commands, they are quite different.

The ten are called by Paul, the ministry of death, and the letter that kills, because the penalty for breaking them was to be stoned to death - which he contrasts with the new covenant law of the spirit, which brings life.

The two love commands are not kept out of fear of punishment, as the ten commands were.

And there’s not one drop of love for your neighbor in the ten.

Thus the two love commands are far superior to the old ten.

If you love your neighbor as yourself, you won’t kill him, steal from him, bear false testimony against him - but love goes far beyond a mere 6 out of ten commands.

If you love your neighbor as yourself, you mow his lawn when he can’t, you feed him if he’s hungry, you help him find a job if he needs one, and so much more than required by the letter that kills (the ten commands)..

Sabbath day keepers dislike pointing out just how different the two sets of commands really are from each other - especially because there’s no command to keep any day in the love commands.

That’s why when Jesus lists commandments, conspicuously absent from the list, is reiteration of the 4th command.

Thus when Jesus says THESE ARE MY COMMANDS, that you LOVE one another, He absolutely does not mean the old ten commands, that have no love for your neighbor, brother, or one another, in them.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explained that already.

Whereas you can say that 9 of the ten commands are contained in the two love commands, they are quite different.

The ten are called by Paul, the ministry of death, and the letter that kills, because the penalty for breaking them was to be stoned to death - which he contrasts with the new covenant law of the spirit, which brings life.

The two love commands are not kept out of fear of punishment, as the ten commands were.

If you love your neighbor as yourself, you won’t kill him, steal from him, bear false testimony against him - but love goes far beyond a mere 6 out of ten commands.

If you love your neighbor as yourself, you mow his lawn when he can’t, you feed him if he’s hungry, you help him find a job if he needs one, and so much more than required by the letter that kills (the ten commands)..

Sabbath day keepers dislike pointing out just how different the two sets of commands really are from each other - especially because there’s no command to keep any day in the love commands.

That’s why when Jesus lists commandments, conspicuously absent from the list, is reiteration of the 4th command.

Thus when Jesus says THESE ARE MY COMMANDS, that you LOVE one another, He absolutely does not mean the old ten commands, that have no love for your neighbor, brother, or one another, in them.
Bible Gateway passage: John 14:15-31 - King James Version

John-14-15_Bible-Verse_red-admiral_harvest-mouse_cornflower_vetch_wild-flowers_meadow_watercolor_nature-painting_artwork.jpg

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Notice that in the Decalogue, there is no love for your neighbor found there."

I think if you read the ten commandments you'll see they are all about love. Love for God, family, neighbors.

If we love our parents we honor them. If we love God we worship no other.If love our neighbors we do not covet their things, lie about them.

Exodus 20
Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 20 - New English Translation

3 “You shall have no other gods before me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or that is on the earth beneath or that is in the water below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, responding to the transgression of fathers by dealing with children to the third and fourth generations of those who reject me, 6 and showing covenant faithfulness to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold guiltless anyone who takes his name in vain.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day to set it apart as holy. 9 For six days you may labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; on it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, or your male servant, or your female servant, or your cattle, or the resident foreigner who is in your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, and he rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that you may live a long time in the land the Lord your God is giving to you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Mark 2:27, Jesus said, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath."

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is true. We are to obey the spirit of what is written and are no longer bound by the letter (Romans 7:6).

However, the spirit is to some degree defined by the letter.

Again, read Romans 13:8-10, 1 John 5:2-3, 2 John 1:6.

It is clear in these passages that the commandments of God are obeyed by those who love Him.

These passages also show that if we truly love the Lord our God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength, and our neighbor as ourselves, that we will not be disobedient to any of the commandments given in the Old Testament.

That is what I said when I quoted Romans 13:9..."and if there be any other commandment" whether it be in the Old Testament or in the New.

The sabbath day is tricky...

Personally, I hold that Jesus is the fulfillment of it.

Mat 11:28, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29, Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30, For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I beg to differ with you once again.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In God’s eyes, Gossip is just as evil as murder....I heard J. Vernon McGee preach a brilliant sermon on that once....it made sense as he described it in his sermon...it stuck with me....
The Point Of All Of this is that if one is a Grace- Rejecter and relying on their ability to avoid murder, gossip, lust, etc. to get them Saved and Stay Saved, they are as Lost as an Eskimo in Times Square.......” it is by Grace that you are Saved......”

Yes, by grace through faith (trust). Once you really see and understand that, the struggle you go through to get to radical trust makes sense. It’s like...satan can’t do anything about Gods grace but he can mess with our trust. And the whole world system and our own flesh fight against our coming to radical trust also. It just makes so much sense that it is our trust that is what is attacked.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one wants to “ obey” Jesus , do what He said to do—- Follow Paul.

Paul said if we simply Believed that Jesus died for our Sins and Rose from the dead that we would be Saved......I “ obey “ the Gospel by RESTING in it.....refuse to rest in the Finished Work Of The Cross and God declares you guilty of “ Disobedience and Unbelief”

The Obedience That Matters this side of the Cross , in the Age Of Grace , is the “ Obedience to the Gospel” , proven by Resting in it.....get that down first.....the rest will take care of itself....

Hebrews 5
[8] Though he [Jesus] were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
[9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Revelation 3
[15] I [Jesus] know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
[16] So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
[17] Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
[18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
[19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true. We are to obey the spirit of what is written and are no longer bound by the letter (Romans 7:6).

However, the spirit is to some degree defined by the letter.

Again, read Romans 13:8-10, 1 John 5:2-3, 2 John 1:6.

It is clear in these passages that the commandments of God are obeyed by those who love Him.

These passages also show that if we truly love the Lord our God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength, and our neighbor as ourselves, that we will not be disobedient to any of the commandments given in the Old Testament.

That is what I said when I quoted Romans 13:9..."and if there be any other commandment" whether it be in the Old Testament or in the New.

The sabbath day is tricky...

Personally, I hold that Jesus is the fulfillment of it.

Mat 11:28, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29, Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30, For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I beg to differ with you once again.

:) Are we ever removed from Gods commands?
Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

We were once sinners, removed from the leading of God's righteousness.
Now, washed clean by the blood of the lamb, renewed and reborn as a new creation in Christ.
With God's laws within us.

The Sabbath. The Sabbath was made for us by God. Can we say then that it no longer pertains to us?

When God gave us Salvation as a free irrevocable gift through his grace, would he have removed the Sabbath he made for us?

If we have our Sabbath rest in Jesus isn't it fitting to avail ourselves of a day of rest God made for us first? Now we have rest in Jesus. Taking a day to honor that is God's gift. :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we have our Sabbath rest in Jesus isn't it fitting to avail ourselves of a day of rest God made for us first? Now we have rest in Jesus. Taking a day to honor that is God's gift. :)
I'm definitely in agreement with you there, my brother.

Of course, it is written that there are some who esteem every day to be alike and that we ought to let every man be fully convinced in his own mind (Romans 14).

Reactions: Amazed@grace

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) Are we ever removed from Gods commands?
Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

We were once sinners, removed from the leading of God's righteousness.
Now, washed clean by the blood of the lamb, renewed and reborn as a new creation in Christ.
With God's laws within us.

The Sabbath. The Sabbath was made for us by God. Can we say then that it no longer pertains to us?

When God gave us Salvation as a free irrevocable gift through his grace, would he have removed the Sabbath he made for us?

Christians “Sabbath” seven days a week—- I know that I do....

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 103:12, As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Psa 103:13, Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
Psa 103:14, For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
Psa 103:15, As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
Psa 103:16, For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
Psa 103:17, But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
Psa 103:18, To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and for ever (Hebrews 13:8).

Jhn 15:12, This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Jhn 15:13, Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Jhn 15:14, Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jesus laid down His life for His friends. You are His friend, if you do what He commands.

What does He command; but that we love one another?

We are to "love thy neighbor as thyself"; and this consists of obeying God's commandments:

The God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are one and the same God. Jesus is the same YHWH. (Hebrews 13:8).

So, the commandments in the Old Covenant, as moral tenets which we are to follow, are still valid. They are the commandments of the LORD (Jesus).

Of course, commandments as concerning animal sacrifices are fulfilled in that Jesus died on the Cross as the fulfillment of those types. However, moral tenets are binding when it comes to what we read in the Old Testament. If we love our neighbor as ourselves, we will fulfill them; we will not violate them in our behaviour.

And I will say that the scriptures above do show that forgiveness is applied to those who, as a general rule, keep the commandments of the LORD.

It is not that we are saved through law-keeping.

It is that, if we are truly born again, we are inclined towards obedience.

There is a repentance that must take place in your heart in order to become a recipient of the Lord's forgiveness.

You must become Jesus' friend; and only then has He given His life for you.

You are His friend if you obey His commandments.

Jesus is the God of the Old and New Testaments.

If you love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength; and your neighbor as yourself: you will fulfill the righteousness of the law in your behaviour.

You will not be violating any law if you bear the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

The venue by which we obtain this righteousness is apart from the law; nevertheless this righteousness is attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21).

You must obtain the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ (Galatians 3:14); and then, as you walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in you (Romans 8:4).

There is no law that will condemn your behaviour if you bear the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

So, you will not be disobedient to the commandments of the Lord if you are born again of the Holy Spirit. You will be a friend of Jesus according to the scriptures in question.
Dear brother, forgiveness is for everyone...furthermore what is there to forgive except that we have transgressed against His commandments.
Your thread title is very opposite of the truth.
Scripture says...
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Cross References:
Exodus 34:7
maintaining loving devotion to a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin. Yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished; He will visit the iniquity of the fathers on their children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."

1 Kings 8:30
Hear the plea of Your servant and of Your people Israel when they pray toward this place. May You hear from heaven, Your dwelling place. May You hear and forgive.

Psalm 32:5
Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not hide my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah

Psalm 51:2
Wash me clean of my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

Proverbs 28:13
He who conceals his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them will find mercy.

Jeremiah 3:13
Only acknowledge your guilt, that you have rebelled against the LORD your God. You have scattered your favors to foreign gods under every green tree and have not obeyed My voice,'" declares the LORD.

John 17:25
Righteous Father, although the world has not known You, I know You, and they know that You sent Me.

Titus 2:14
He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Your threads continually teach only a one-sided story of the power of redemption by the saving blood of Jesus Christ...
When we are saved we are born again...as we grow in the knowledge and truth of His Word we are made aware of many areas in our lives that are displeasing to God...as we are made aware we repent, confess our sins and He is faithful to forgive us.

Do you know how many symptoms of sin are out there and you don't even recognize it in your life?
The Seven Deadly Sins
They include;
  1. Pride,
  2. Greed,
  3. Wrath,
  4. Lust,
  5. Envy,
  6. Gluttony, and
  7. Sloth
The seven deadly sins often stand in contrast to the seven heavenly virtues, which include;
  1. Prudence,
  2. Justice,
  3. Temperance,
  4. Courage,
  5. Faith,
  6. Hope, and
  7. Charity
Beside each one of those seven deadly sins is a subcategory of examples...
For instance...
Pride:
Pride vs. Humility | Humility quotes, Humble quotes, Humility

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear brother, forgiveness is for everyone...furthermore what is there to forgive except that we have transgressed against His commandments.
Scripture says...
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Cross References:
Exodus 34:7
maintaining loving devotion to a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin. Yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished; He will visit the iniquity of the fathers on their children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."

1 Kings 8:30
Hear the plea of Your servant and of Your people Israel when they pray toward this place. May You hear from heaven, Your dwelling place. May You hear and forgive.

Psalm 32:5
Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not hide my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah

Psalm 51:2
Wash me clean of my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

Proverbs 28:13
He who conceals his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them will find mercy.

Jeremiah 3:13
Only acknowledge your guilt, that you have rebelled against the LORD your God. You have scattered your favors to foreign gods under every green tree and have not obeyed My voice,'" declares the LORD.

John 17:25
Righteous Father, although the world has not known You, I know You, and they know that You sent Me.

Titus 2:14
He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Your threads continually teach only a one-sided story of the power of redemption by the saving blood of Jesus Christ...
When we are saved we are born again...as we grow in the knowledge and truth of His Word we are made aware of many areas in our lives that are displeasing to God...as we are made aware we repent, confess our sins and He is faithful to forgive us.

Do you know how many symptoms of sin are out there and you don't even recognize it in your life?
The Seven Deadly Sins
They include;
  1. Pride,
  2. Greed,
  3. Wrath,
  4. Lust,
  5. Envy,
  6. Gluttony, and
  7. Sloth
The seven deadly sins often stand in contrast to the seven heavenly virtues, which include;
  1. Prudence,
  2. Justice,
  3. Temperance,
  4. Courage,
  5. Faith,
  6. Hope, and
  7. Charity
Beside each one of those seven deadly sins is a subcategory of examples...
For instance...just pride alone...
Pride:

7 Causes Of Pride: How To Be More Humble!

Pride is rooted in deep insecurity, fear, and unworthiness. Prideful people often feel small, overlooked, insecure, and unloved. To hide those feelings from the world a prideful person puts on a false mask of perfection, confidence, and engages in attention seeking behaviors.

If you find that you are prideful there is nothing to be afraid of. The truth is, a prideful person doesn’t know how powerful, amazing, and loving they are. You wouldn’t have to pretend if you truly tapped into your inner power. If you fix the underlying insecurities, fears, etc. then it fixes the pride, which will allow you to be more humble.

What is pride?
The meaning of pride is “an unreasonable feeling of superiority as to one’s talents, beauty, wealth, rank, and so forth; to feel no need for God and totally self reliant; to look down on others, to feel one deserves or is entitled to certain things due to their hard-work; disdainful behavior or treatment; insolence or arrogance of demeanor; haughty bearing.” (Definition Origin: Insight Into The Scriptures)

The synonym (same) of pride is self-image, self-regard, and self-worth. When pride goes beyond a normal expression of self celebration the synonym becomes arrogance, self-centeredness, and egocentric. The antonym (opposite) of pride is humility.

The ultimate cause of pride is trying to fix our low self-esteem, unworthiness, and fears in our own strength. Pride damages your career and relationships because you are only pretending to be confident, strong, and bold.

28 Signs Of Too Much Pride:
Too much pride has negative effects on relationships, jobs, friendships, etc. Many that struggle with pride lack support because “pride” and “ego” stops them from asking for help. They may feel afraid of vulnerability or be unwilling to feel inferior to the person giving the help.
  1. I’m concerned people can see my flaws and will think negatively about me.
  2. I manipulate the situation to make others look guilty or at fault (blame-shifting).
  3. I try to avoid feeling guilt and shame.
  4. If people don’t take my advice, they’ll regret it later.
  5. I don’t ask for help because it’s embarrassing.
  6. I pretend I’m doing great, when I’m falling apart inside.
  7. If there was something wrong with me, I would see it first.
  8. I have trouble trusting or listening to my leaders.
  9. I like to do or say things to ensure people think well of me.
  10. I get jealous if someone is better than me.
  11. I have a hard time finding logic in the perspectives of others, If I disagree.
  12. I deserve better blessings than sinner/lazy individuals because I pray and do the right things.
And this is just 12 of the 28..this link can name more...
7 Causes of Pride: How to be More Humble!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your SUPER power is Strength!

ALL 8 QUESTIONS COMPLETED!

You are made of STEEL! I don't know how you do it... But, you take every bad situation and make it into something great. You forgive people around you. You look pain in its eye and make solutions to crush it. You are bold, courageous, a builder, creator, innovator, and a stable foundation for the people you love. Your friends and romantic partner adore you because you are always helping them stand tall after life just tried to knock them down. You can change the world with your ability to lead hurt people into healing! You won't allow them to get stuck in pain and you'll push them into hope and use their pain as stepping stone to greatness.
But, every strength has it weaknesses. Just because you're tough doesn't mean you aren't human. Sometimes, you have to take a second to love yourself. And... You don't have to be so quick to fix things and relationships. Sometimes, you need a break from situations and people (especially the ones that were try to crush you.) Remove the things that aren't good for you and avoid distractions that suck all your strength away. Save your strength for people that WANT to grow!
Overall, you are forgiving, stable, selfless, a leader, strong, and ready to do what it takes to ensure your loved ones are well. In a relationship, strength allows you to face challenges that would cause others to fall apart. Your partner get to enjoy a relationship where they don't have to wonder if you will leave them, they get to be with someone that will fight for them, and they feel loved for who they are.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nevertheless it is substantiated by the scriptures in the OP (Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.).

How then is it the opposite of the truth, since it is supported by holy scripture?

Sometimes when I preach, I am not preaching to the unjustified who needs to be born again; redeemed by the saving blood of Jesus Christ.

I am preaching to the justified; and am preaching to them the need for sanctification and the way into sanctification.

And also, this serves to preach the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ for those who have not yet been justified.

I am certainly not in disagreement with any of that.

When I preach what some call "Lucky Repentance" here, I preach not that we have to repent of every sin individually; but I preach that repentance is a change in direction...a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

If you are walking in the right direction, then you are walking in the light...and the Holy Spirit will pinpoint those individual sins as He sees fit...and as you confess them, He will be faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

I hope that clears things up.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless it is substantiated by the scriptures in the OP (Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.).

How then is it the opposite of the truth, since it is supported by holy scripture?

Sometimes when I preach, I am not preaching to the unjustified who needs to be born again; redeemed by the saving blood of Jesus Christ.

I am preaching to the justified; and am preaching to them the need for sanctification and the way into sanctification.

And also, this serves to preach the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ for those who have not yet been justified.

I am certainly not in disagreement with any of that.

When I preach what some call "Lucky Repentance" here, I preach not that we have to repent of every sin individually; but I preach that repentance is a change in direction...a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

If you are walking in the right direction, then you are walking in the light...and the Holy Spirit will pinpoint those individual sins as He sees fit...and as you confess them, He will be faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

I hope that clears things up.
Yes thank you.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don’t want to get it, do you?

If the old ten were still in effect, the penalty for breaking them would still be in effect, which is death by stoning. The same body of law the ten commands were part of, has the death penalty for breaking them.

There is no requirement of killing those who break the two love commands.

The Decalogue contains 6 negative commands on what you can’t do, under penalty of death, but the two love commands have an unlimited number of positive things you will do for your neighbor out of love for them.

The two love commands are far superior to the old ten.

Just because you won’t kill your neighbor or steal from him, etc, when you love him, does not mean the two love commands are synonymous with the ten.

If there’s no difference between them then the two love commands are redundant.

Note that Jesus said the love command IS A NEW COMMAND, not an old command restated, but a new command.

And there’s no days to keep in the two love commands, leaving the day we choose to observe up to us.