Free Movies on YouTube

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 We were talking about a YouTube movie on another thread. Since it was off topic, thought I'd start this thread.

I did finish watching I Am Number Four. It was pretty good. Although I usually like sci-fi movies set in outer space, rather than on Earth.

I see YouTube also has Vertical Limit which you might enjoy. It's a mountain climbing, suspense movie. I've seen it on TV years ago. I might watch it again.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 We were talking about a YouTube movie on another thread. Since it was off topic, thought I'd start this thread.

I did finish watching I Am Number Four. It was pretty good. Although I usually like sci-fi movies set in outer space, rather than on Earth.

I see YouTube also has Vertical Limit which you might enjoy. It's a mountain climbing, suspense movie. I've seen it on TV years ago. I might watch it again.
Glad you liked it. It's not the best sci fi movie I've ever seen and it's a bit glamor but I thought it was interesting.

I have to stay away from cliff climbing movies as I have cliff climbed in my life and it causes adrenaline in me that is troubling sometimes, Let me know if there is anything else you liked that I can watch.

They do have "Sahara" which is a pretty good movie. Not sure how much longer it will be on though as it's been available for a while. Cheers.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you liked it. It's not the best sci fi movie I've ever seen and it's a bit glamor but I thought it was interesting.

I have to stay away from cliff climbing movies as I have cliff climbed in my life and it causes adrenaline in me that is troubling sometimes, Let me know if there is anything else you liked that I can watch.

They do have "Sahara" which is a pretty good movie. Not sure how much longer it will be on though as it's been available for a while. Cheers.
I did skip ahead a few times during certain scenes in I Am Number Four. Have seen better sci-fi like you.

Where did you cliff climb? That sounds interesting.

I watched Safari recently on Tubi. It was very good...an old Victor Mature movie...he plays the safari guide. You might like it. It didn't seem dated. I enjoy adventure movies alot.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did skip ahead a few times during certain scenes in I Am Number Four. Have seen better sci-fi like you.

Where did you cliff climb? That sounds interesting.

I watched Safari recently on Tubi. It was very good...an old Victor Mature movie...he plays the safari guide. You might like it. It didn't seem dated. I enjoy adventure movies alot.
When I was in the military and boy scouts I repelled down cliffs that were over 100 foot tall. When I was young I cliff climbed and had two near death experiences climbing a 100 foot cliff here in the pacific northwest. One time I got too high up and couldn't get back down so I had to go over the top which was an overhang, my hand ripped out some of the ivy that was growing in the overhang and I was dangling by one hand 100 feet up. The other time I was snow sledding and went over the edge of the same cliff further down the line. I landed in sticker bushes growing out of the edge, but as I went over I was sure I was going to die. My friends pulled me back up to the top.

Now if I watch cliff movies or watch falling scenes I feel impact in my feet and get adrenaline rushes. My counselor checked me out for PTSD, but it didn't hash out that I have PTSD, I just relive the reality of being 100 feet up and near death.

• Wow
Reactions: marks and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was in the military and boy scouts I repelled down cliffs that were over 100 foot tall. When I was young I cliff climbed and had two near death experiences climbing a 100 foot cliff here in the pacific northwest. One time I got too high up and couldn't get back down so I had to go over the top which was an overhang, my hand ripped out some of the ivy that was growing in the overhang and I was dangling by one hand 100 feet up. The other time I was snow sledding and went over the edge of the same cliff further down the line. I landed in sticker bushes growing out of the edge, but as I went over I was sure I was going to die. My friends pulled me back up to the top.

Now if I watch cliff movies or watch falling scenes I feel impact in my feet and get adrenaline rushes. My counselor checked me out for PTSD, but it didn't hash out that I have PTSD, I just relive the reality of being 100 feet up and near death.
Wow, your cliff climbing experiences are something else!!! How did you finally manage to get over the overhang, hanging by one hand?

Vertical Limit starts in Monument Valley with climbers that fall and therefore cause other climbers to fall....all attached to each other by a rope which is slowly pulling the pin out of the cliff! So it wouldn't be good for you to watch!

I also remember liking a true story called North Face, mountain climbing set in the Alps.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, your cliff climbing experiences are something else!!! How did you finally manage to get over the overhang, hanging by one hand?

Vertical Limit starts in Monument Valley with climbers that fall and therefore cause other climbers to fall....all attached to each other by a rope which is slowly pulling the pin out of the cliff! So it wouldn't be good for you to watch!

I also remember liking a true story called North Face, mountain climbing set in the Alps.
I managed to carefully get my hand into some more ivy. And pulled my self up. My friend went first as there were two of us. I had this certainty that if I didn't make it over the top I would die. I could see it happening, falling 100 feet.

The interesting thing is when I was in the military we did what they called an Australian repel, which is where you go down face first. And that was after the near death experiences. I could do that as there was a rope there to protect me. That rope really means everything when you climb. Without a rope it is very intense and adrenaline filled. Even with the rope it's pretty intense though, but I guess I felt more safe and protected.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this isn't a free movie yet, I'll have to wait like 20 years, but the trailer is cool as stuff:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
After reading your post yesterday I found and have started to watch 'Jesus of Nazareth' on YouTube. I remember watching it when it was on our televisions back in 1977 but watching it this afternoon I realised that back then I wasn't a true born again Christian and now I am. I became one in December of that year; so 47 years ago. And He's been with me every step of the way ever since. Best thing I ever did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The interesting thing is when I was in the military we did what they called an Australian repel, which is where you go down face first. And that was after the near death experiences. I could do that as there was a rope there to protect me. That rope really means everything when you climb. Without a rope it is very intense and adrenaline filled. Even with the rope it's pretty intense though, but I guess I felt more safe and protected
Aren't there climbers called free climbers? No ropes or anything. I don't know how they do that.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading your post yesterday I found and have started to watch 'Jesus of Nazareth' on YouTube. I remember watching it when it was on our televisions back in 1977 but watching it this afternoon I realised that back then I wasn't a true born again Christian and now I am. I became one in December of that year; so 47 years ago. And He's been with me every step of the way ever since. Best thing I ever did.

Tubi has a large faith category of movies. They also have many family films. Everything is free. Tubi has an app and also a website.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Tubi has a large faith category of movies. They also have many family films. Everything is free. Tubi has an app and also a website.
Don't think we can get that one in the UK but I'll check it out. Thanks.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Aren't there climbers called free climbers? No ropes or anything. I don't know how they do that.
They climb up very high buildings and other dangerous places, like you say with no safety gear.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably lacking a good grasp on reality. If you've ever been seriously hurt, then after that reality sinks in and if you didn't enjoy the excruciating pain, then you don't desire it to happen again, a sort of fear develops. People would call it a healthy fear.

There are also a lot of selfie people that just think about the glory of that shot, and end up dead. Not too smart if you ask me.

Reactions: Debp and Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The have a free with ads section on youtube. It's located here: Movies and Shows

I've noticed that not all movies are located there that are free with ads. So I'm not sure why.

Also I've noticed some nudity in the PG-13 area, as if nudity is OK for 13 year olds or something. Hollywood keeps lowering the bar.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Public library usually has a large video selection online as well....television shows and etc available for streaming.

Usually requires an app....but may not.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Public library usually has a large video selection online as well....television shows and etc available for streaming.

Usually requires an app....but may not.
That's interesting...might check it out. But I'll probably stick with Tubi since they have tons of movies.

Some years before the Pandemic I would sometimes go to the library and get some movie DVDs. That's when I was walking ok so could do it with no problem.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 Since you reminded me of YouTube's free movies, I've been watching a TV series called Fatal Attractions.

It's about people who have owned dangerous, exotic or wild animals.

I watched the three episodes on reptiles and a couple on big cats. There are more on bears, bulls, chimps, etc.

One guy had a 500 pound tiger living in his three bedroom Harlem apartment!

A young woman who loved snakes kept only venomous snakes in her trailer home. She went to Texas to illegally buy a Gabon Viper and took it back to California. It's venom kills within 15 minutes. Apparently it bit her while she was cleaning it's tank...so she died.

I don't know why she didn't use common sense....she would let the venomous snakes crawl around while she cleaned their tanks. And she was a zookeeper at the L.A. Zoo.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is about Ming the tiger in the Harlem apartment. Apparently the guy also had a large alligator and other animals. Plus he rented a room to a lady and her husband who were shocked to see a huge tiger walking around!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have Arrival on Youtube free with ads movies. Slow paced more elegant alien movie. Cheers!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Bible movies. I was looking for the Robe, and only found it in pieces, and one in Italian, and also Demetrius and the Gladiators--a great movie with (@Debp ) Victor Mature. Loved Jay Robinson's role as Caesar. We used to watch those two movies alot as kids. they played them around Easter and Christmas. Favorite Jesus movie King of Kings, with Jeffrey Hunter as Jesus.Here he is with the Sermon on the mount:

Caligula from the Robe:

Reactions: Debp and dev553344