Free Will and Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to scripture there are many gods...."God" is a noun the defines what He is....Adonai, Yahweh....etc is His name and each name has a specific meaning as to who He is. If you study all His names you will begin to understand Him more.
John 10 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³² Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
³³ The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
³⁴ Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
³⁵ If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
³⁶ Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
According to Scripture all humanity are gods, in the sense all humanity was created in God's image. Adam changed that when his descendants were born in Adam's image and not God's. There is only one God. There are not any little gods running around. They died in the Flood. Angels are not gods, not even the angel of the Lord. Current humanity is just 2/3rds of who they should be. The God part is out of grasp. Now we are gods in name only. The ability of the Holy Spirit can give some the power, but far from being a god. So yes, as Scripture states and cannot be broken, all Adam's descendants are technically gods. None of the abilty whatsoever. And no, it is not arrogant to state that we can know God and even know God's mind, plan, or will. That is what the Bible and Holy Spirit do for humanity.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Scripture all humanity are gods, in the sense all humanity was created in God's image. Adam changed that when his descendants were born in Adam's image and not God's. There is only one God. There are not any little gods running around. They died in the Flood. Angels are not gods, not even the angel of the Lord. Current humanity is just 2/3rds of who they should be. The God part is out of grasp. Now we are gods in name only. The ability of the Holy Spirit can give some the power, but far from being a god. So yes, as Scripture states and cannot be broken, all Adam's descendants are technically gods. None of the abilty whatsoever. And no, it is not arrogant to state that we can know God and even know God's mind, plan, or will. That is what the Bible and Holy Spirit do for humanity.
Well I referenced what Jesus said to the Jews that it is written in their laws. Don't get in an upheaval over it....my point is God is what He is not who He is.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm of the opinion now that the unseen evil spirits are doing everything in their power to steer you away from the entrance to his Church.. CC. But if you looked at his Shroud you would discover where the path is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfHeMi2b1gY

I can't become a bodiless spirit who can't touch anything.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So a more reasonable interpretation of hell would be a place without God, were Humans are about equaly evil as currently on earth, given on earth there aren't enough christians to make a difference. So if God wanted us to be truly free, humans would actualy be able to live in hell.

Of course humans would first have to deal with all of the worst people who have existed and the devil, but even evil people are rational and capable to stricke a deal between eachother, allowing an existence about as good, as we currently have. Also all biblical imagery of hell would be caused by actions of humans or Satan.
:)

The main problem with understanding hell is that we don't understand what hell is. The common quote is it is a lake of fire. But one has to ask, just what is a lake of fire in this context? If it is continual burning then everyone who goes there will die as no human can withstand constant fire.

Just a comment about the second comment of yours. Evidence is very clear that when you take God out of the equation, evil people are NOT rational and capable of striking a deal. Take a quick look at war and you will find that most of them are started by atheists who have not acted in a rational manner.

As to the first of your comments, my understanding of hell has evolved over the years and I have come to the conclusion of what hell is and it consists of two things. First, it is a perpetual place where sin reigns. The scripture says that there is pleasure in sin for a season. Hell is a place of sin where you can do what you want and get pleasure out of it and then it creeps up on you and it becomes torment that you can not stop. In other words, sin ceases to be a pleasure. It becomes total bondage and you are stuck with it.

And the other aspect of hell is that one day you realize you have made the wrong choice and you have got to live with it and live through all the wars that take place because evil people have only one thing in mind and that is me, myself and I. Get in the way and you are toast.

So yes for these people hell will be hellfire.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is probably bodiless spirits. A place where you can't touch anything.

Aka Ghost world.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main problem with understanding hell is that we don't understand what hell is. The common quote is it is a lake of fire. But one has to ask, just what is a lake of fire in this context? If it is continual burning then everyone who goes there will die as no human can withstand constant fire.

Just a comment about the second comment of yours. Evidence is very clear that when you take God out of the equation, evil people are NOT rational and capable of striking a deal. Take a quick look at war and you will find that most of them are started by atheists who have not acted in a rational manner.

As to the first of your comments, my understanding of hell has evolved over the years and I have come to the conclusion of what hell is and it consists of two things. First, it is a perpetual place where sin reigns. The scripture says that there is pleasure in sin for a season. Hell is a place of sin where you can do what you want and get pleasure out of it and then it creeps up on you and it becomes torment that you can not stop. In other words, sin ceases to be a pleasure. It becomes total bondage and you are stuck with it.

And the other aspect of hell is that one day you realize you have made the wrong choice and you have got to live with it and live through all the wars that take place because evil people have only one thing in mind and that is me, myself and I. Get in the way and you are toast.

So yes for these people hell will be hellfire.
The flesh body does not go to sheol. The soul body does. It has form and recognizable, but no substance. Only God and those in sheol, knows how it actually works. If we are told they are in torment, then they are in torment. A lake of fire would be likened to the surface of the sun, or a very large active volcano where the lava is actually burning a bright yellow and red.

The lake of fire is not revealed until the tribulation and only used for two beings. No one on earth has seen it, yet. All we know about it is the name.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
First of all in this threat I argue as if the bible was true, althought I have my problem with it.
I'm very confused by myself and the bible. The crux of my headache is;
If God wanted humans to have free will and adore God out of own volution, why should humans fear hell?

Does any of this make sense???
If not, why and what part of my deduction is wrong? Bible quotes much apprecheated:)

the hell that christians preach is not the same hell that is described in the bible.
the word hell (from the hebrew Sheol) in the bible means a hole in the ground or more specifically 'a grave'

So its true that God warned the first couple that if they disobeyed they would 'die'.... and when they did disobey, this is what God told them would become of them:
Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”
Nothing says they will be tortured in a fiery hell.... they would simply return to 'dust'

But the explanation of 'hell' as being a place of fire and torment is quite false. The hell the church invented was purely used as a fear tactic on a people who could not read at the time. If the people in the middle ages could read, they would have known that bible 'hell' (an english translation of the hebrew word Sheol) was nothing more then the grave where they would be buried and return to dust.

So God never invented a terrible place to torture people who did not obey him, the church did that by taking the scriptures out of context and twisting the meaning of the hebrew scriptures.

God simply gave people the choice of 'life or death' “I call heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the curse; therefore choose life, that you as well as your descendants may live, by loving the LORD your God, by heeding his injunctions, and by holding fast to him; for that will mean life to you.”Deut. 30:19, 20

The religions of the world invented the idea of hell to control its flocks. Nothing more. No one should believe it, it is a God dishonouring heresy at worst and a nasty lie at best.

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus made sure to come back to show Thomas his afterlife body was just as real as physcial world.

Imagine hell not being able to scratch your itch... being there is no body.