Free Will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
1. There are different translations, but yes, God protects His word. So I will take your long, drawn out answer as a no
2. Unlike some people, i do t believe that we're all ok, and we all worship the same God, and we can all just get along..... hahahah no. Sorry, welcome to reality. God has set aside for himself a people, and contary to your belief, they dont have to be Calvinists [though it does help to be right.] They must simply hold to the fundamentals of the faith. And before you go asking me 'well what are the pillars?'
Nicene Creed
i find no Nicene Creed in Scripture, so could you quote the passage it derives from? ty

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
lol i did not mean that at all. You are free to offend Moonies and JWs if you like, you are just being honest, and this descends from your faith; your beliefs, that they are "unacceptable" for whatever reason, because they believe something that you do not, but the point is to examine the wall that you have made between you and your neighbor, and to contemplate the spirit you must manifest to do this, that will also be hovering around in your neighborly interactions with them.

This keeps you away from Christ, and not the fact that you have judged their dogma unacceptable on a personal level, as is your right and even duty, under "seek your own salvation."

See, here's the deal. I believe what comes from Bible. I've read the Qu'ran, The Book of Mormon, etc. Paul says these people teach another gospel and should be accursed.

As Martin Luther said "My conscience is captive to the Word of God".

"We are the world" didn't pan out.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
I said yes or no not long drawn out and vague. I didn't ask you if it was the word, is it inerrant?

Great job. Some people come to sites such as this one to verbally assault Christians. All we can do is pray for them. It's possible that they are elect and simply do not recognize it at this time.

We are instructed to spread the gospel.

We don't have the benefit of knowing what people will do. Nevertheless, Jesus instructed us there is a place for:

Matthew 7:6New King James Version (NKJV)

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great job. Some people come to sites such as this one to verbally assault Christians. All we can do is pray for them. It's possible that they are elect and simply do not recognize it at this time.

We are instructed to spread the gospel.

We don't have the benefit of knowing what people will do. Nevertheless, Jesus instructed us there is a place for:

Matthew 7:6New King James Version (NKJV)

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

I agree. Though, as you can see, I have yet to find out his position on Scriptures and their inerrancy.
I believe I can pretty well sum up what we believe about Scripture, correct me if I'm wrong

"I am perfectly satisfied myself to believe what he writes to me; and if it be so written
in his Book, it seems to me to be quite as true and sure as if he had actually come
from heaven, and had talked with me, or had appeared to me in the visions of the
night."
C.H. Spurgeon

Last edited:
Reactions: SovereignGrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
See, here's the deal. I believe what comes from Bible.
me too
Paul says these people teach another gospel and should be accursed.
i disagree, and suggest that that passage has been misrepresented to you. Paul was speaking to Christendom, against the rise of Churchianity, and is not advising you to judge anyone else's servant imo.

We have a gospel right now that has engendered "I can't wait to die and go to heaven," from "I came that you might have life, and more abundantly," so at the very least i think it is pertinent to consider that the gospel you get fed is likely the corrupted one.

None of these others try to pass off their dogma as "Gospel" now, do they? They use a different terminology anyway, even if they recognize Christ, which Islam at least does. Islam plainly counsels, in many places, that one must follow Christ or be doomed.

And the Bible clearly states that any spirit that admits Christ came in the flesh is from God. I understand that you have been led to believe that only Christians may attain heaven--surely as a "someday, maybe" proposition, and further you likely believe that one must pick the correct religion or sect within Christianity, but i don't know now, just guessing in your case.

You might reflect upon how divisive this is, especially in the face of the many parables that suggest otherwise.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
See, here's the deal. I believe what comes from Bible. I've read the Qu'ran, The Book of Mormon, etc. Paul says these people teach another gospel and should be accursed.

"We are the world" didn't pan out.
ha imo it panned out perfectly; they are the world, after all. But i guess that is read differently by you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, i like that, i'd like to say 'mine, too,' but that does not qualify me to judge someone else's walk. See, this is what i was talking about like a page ago. The agenda is to assume that you can define the particulars of someone else's walk, and condemn them if they do not adhere to your standards, using Scripture as a hammer.