"Free" Will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
tooldtocare said:
Islam has the Ten Commandments too

As for Moses:
(Exo 2:11 KJV) And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
(Exo 2:12 KJV) And he looked this way and that way , and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

Moses was a murderer

BTW After Moses murders this man the pharaoh tried to catch Moses for this murder so Moses flees taking his followers with him marking the beginning of the great exiodus
All of the prophets that walked with Jesus were sinners, but Allah doesn't forgive all sins.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
All of the prophets that walked with Jesus were sinners, but Allah doesn't forgive all sins.
Allah, prophets, whatever;; forgiveness comes from within not from the Lord or whomever you speak..

It is a human thing; we were and are given choices & what we choose to do with these options is our choice alone to make.

BTW I must add; Allah, the Lord & all the other faiths that I am aware of tell you this over and over.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..What you do with this choice is yours alone to make

Or so I see it, forgive those who are unaware~~~forgive those who ask for forgiveness.,..,.,.,.,

how about you-? :)-

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
tooldtocare said:
Allah, prophets, whatever;; forgiveness comes from within not from the Lord or whomever you speak..
Well that explains your avatar. Now it all makes sense. Brother, forgiveness comes from our Lord Jesus Christ. Are you born again, have you accepted Jesus as your savior?

[SIZE=12pt]John 3:3 Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]John 3:7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.[/SIZE]

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
free to choose is not free will...it is just options...we are free to choose to follow God or not...options....but either way it is not free will...because following the Father is doing do His will ,not yours.......following the devil is doing the devil's will...not yours....so where exactly is your free will????
Dude.. have you read the Bible???? I mean your doctrine is so left field you might as well right your own version and be done with it. You do not have the slightest clue what you are talking about in the least. Where is my free will you ask? Right here.... choosing to ignore your false doctrine and poison you are pouring on this thread. I will pray for you brother.

God bless,

BA

Reactions: tom55

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
ATP said:
What's on your mind logabe.
God doesn't give you an absolute free will but a choice. You are suppose to have a will, but I don't
know how free it is. A free will simply means, you have the power to do whatever you want, whenever
you want in a just and righteous way, or a disobedient manner. I know only one that was able to
possess a free will without breaking the Law of God. He confessed that it wasn't His Will, but God's
Will (Matthew 26:39-42).

As New Covenant believers, we know and understand that it is God working inside of us to establish
His Will, so we can be efficient in the Kingdom of God. He takes council in our inner parts to change
our carnal will into His Perfect Will. In other words, He establishes His Truth inside of us, which in time,
it changes the way we see God's character and nature, which in time, we begin to make good choices
in pertaining to the things of God. Our will changes through the process of God's sanctification that
causes our will to become His Will.

If we think we have an absolute free will, we are actually trying to live for God under the Old Covenant.
The Israelites said that they would do whatever God told them to do. They wanted to please God
by their own efforts, but it wasn't long after they had been delivered from Egyptian bondage they were
worshipping a golden calve that displeased God very much. They made a vow that they couldn't keep.

Exodus 19:8 says,

8 All the people answered together and said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do!”

My questions is, where is their free will in this. Their will was to do whatever the Lord ask them to do,
but they disobeyed almost immediately after seeing God part the Red Sea. My point is, everyone wants
to use their so called free will to live for God, but when they fall into sin most of the time they are so
defeated that they begin to run from God, because they think He is mad @ them. That's not the way
God works.

To be continued..

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

newbirth

May 23, 2015
Born_Again said:
Dude.. have you read the Bible???? I mean your doctrine is so left field you might as well right your own version and be done with it. You do not have the slightest clue what you are talking about in the least. Where is my free will you ask? Right here.... choosing to ignore your false doctrine and poison you are pouring on this thread. I will pray for you brother.

God bless,

BA
what free will???one is either a servant of righteousness or a servant of sin....righteousness is calling and sin is pulling....the way I see it ...that is a choice...not free will....one way is the will of the Father the other is the will of the devil....so I will ask again where is your free will?....can you will yourself to be righteous??? actually you should tell us what you can will into existence...since you have free will....when you are about to die...you should freely will yourself to live...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

So, since God wants everyone to come to repentance, we needn't worry....everyone is going to Heaven.
The Universalists were right all along!

Unless, of course, we do have this "free will"... :(

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
JoJoRoss said:
[SIZE=medium] If anyone out there thinks we have "free" will, please let me know how you get by these verses:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Romans 9:11-23[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt](For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]12 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]13 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]14 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]15 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]16 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]17 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]18 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]19 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]20 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]21 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]22 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]23 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]God's Peace,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]JoJo[/SIZE]
What does this passage have to do with man having free will?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
JoJoRoss, on 07 May 2014 - 5:56 PM, said:
JoJoRoss said:
[SIZE=medium] If anyone out there thinks we have "free" will, please let me know how you get by these verses:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Romans 9:11-23[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt](For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]12 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]13 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]14 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]15 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]16 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]17 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]18 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]19 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]20 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]21 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]22 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]23 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]God's Peace,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]JoJo[/SIZE]
So, did Esau choose to sell his birthright to Jacob? Or did God force him to do that?
And did Jacob choose to fool his father into giving him Esau's blessing?

Both of the boys, and their mother and father, had free will. They chose to do the things that they did...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nice post logabe, funny thing is even today, men choose to live under the old covenenat while trying to live under the new. You know the bit about the old and new wine?? Yes they too have free will but their choice leads to unbelief and disobedience, no diffterent to teh golden calf. Some choose to walk in Gods footsteps giving up their own lives for Christs, that is their choice and a hard one, to loose your life for His sake.

In all His love

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
The Barrd said:
JoJoRoss, on 07 May 2014 - 5:56 PM, said:
So, did Esau choose to sell his birthright to Jacob? Or did God force him to do that?
And did Jacob choose to fool his father into giving him Esau's blessing?

Both of the boys, and their mother and father, had free will. They chose to do the things that they did...
Did they go to hell?

Logabe

Status
Not open for further replies.