Freemasonry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They may not be contributing... But they will obey the fake doctrines. Along with the rest of the world... Because they will be deceived.
That's exactly my point. This is what is destroying Christianity...false doctrines, preachings, teachings and witnesses.
This is why God said judgment first begins at the house of the Lord.

Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

Doctrine does not have the power to save us or damn us no matter how true or false it happens to be; opinion on truth certainly does not!
Are you sure.... Because

The Grace of the One who is Love is what saves us. It is this Love that justifies, sanctifies and transforms us. Love is also the the double edge sword that cuts across opinion and false
Therr are as many opinions as there are stars in the sky add to what your doctrine above actually means. If you don't think false doctrine can lead people to false worship, them we may as well believe in universalism... Doctrine doesn't matter for all are saved because God loves us.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure.... Because

Therr are as many opinions as there are stars in the sky add to what your doctrine above actually means. If you don't think false doctrine can lead people to false worship, them we may as well believe in universalism... Doctrine doesn't matter for all are saved because God loves us.
Agree

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's some interesting info pertaining to Freemasonry and Mormonism.

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE FREEMASONRY OF THE 1830s and THE MORMON ENDOWMENT (pre-1940)

By Richard Packham

Many writers who are familiar with both the Masonic rituals and the Mormon temple rituals (the "endowment") have remarked on their similarities as well as their differences. Many early Mormons were also Masons, and acknowledged the similarities, usually asserting that the endowment was the purer, uncorrupted form, restored to its original purity, sometimes referring to the endowment as "celestial Masonry."

In the years since Joseph Smith became a Mason and (two months later) instituted the endowment in its full form (1842), both Masonry and the endowment have undergone considerable changes. Both have done away with the original penalties, for example. And there were many essential differences between the two, even from the beginning. However, when one looks at the similarities between the Masonry of the 1830s in America and the Mormon endowment, one cannot help but see the likenesses, and the question arises whether Joseph Smith simply plagiarized essential features of Masonry to produce his own ritual.

The following comments about early 19th century Masonry are based on William Morgan's Illustrations of Masonry, 1827, Online here.

Some of the similarities are rather superficial, and thus less significant. Both rituals....

• take place in "temples"
  • require special clothing
  • involve oaths
  • consist of moral and historical instruction, presented dramatically
  • are not public; for the initiated only
  • present "secret" knowledge
  • require oaths of secrecy
  • give the initiate a "new name"
  • involve several levels of advancement
  • have a grip, sign, and name at each step of advancement
  • have three penalties indicating how life may be taken
  • involve special symbols, such as the compass and the square
Some of the similarities are so striking, however, that their relationship is unmistakable. They are given here in no particular order, since the order of presentation in both ceremonies differs slightly:...
You can read the rest of this article and see a table that show the similarities. Here's the link: Freemasonry and the Mormon Temple Endowment Ceremony

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE FREEMASONRY OF THE 1830s and THE MORMON ENDOWMENT (pre-1940)

By Richard Packham

Many writers who are familiar with both the Masonic rituals and the Mormon temple rituals (the "endowment") have remarked on their similarities as well as their differences. Many early Mormons were also Masons, and acknowledged the similarities, usually asserting that the endowment was the purer, uncorrupted form, restored to its original purity, sometimes referring to the endowment as "celestial Masonry."

In the years since Joseph Smith became a Mason and (two months later) instituted the endowment in its full form (1842), both Masonry and the endowment have undergone considerable changes. Both have done away with the original penalties, for example. And there were many essential differences between the two, even from the beginning. However, when one looks at the similarities between the Masonry of the 1830s in America and the Mormon endowment, one cannot help but see the likenesses, and the question arises whether Joseph Smith simply plagiarized essential features of Masonry to produce his own ritual.

The following comments about early 19th century Masonry are based on William Morgan's Illustrations of Masonry, 1827, Online here.

Some of the similarities are rather superficial, and thus less significant. Both rituals....

• involve oaths
Some of the similarities are so striking, however, that their relationship is unmistakable. They are given here in no particular order, since the order of presentation in both ceremonies differs slightly:...
You can read the rest of this article and see a table that show the similarities. Here's the link: Freemasonry and the Mormon Temple Endowment Ceremony

If I'm understanding Mormonism correctly (and possibly it's offshoot, LDS), Joseph Smith found golden plates buried in the soil of the USA, upon which was written a lost/unknown ancient Egyptian language. Once he translated the language, those writings became the basis for Mormonism, the Book of Mormon.

The plates were only found because an angel (good angel or bad angel?) helped Smith. The angel's name was/is Moroni (anagram for "i moron").

I have to research more, but it may be the bottom line, that Mormonism uses both Egyptian (antichrist at best) teachings mingled with Christian teachings to produce what we now know of as Mormonism.

With Freemason's Shriner's organization, one which clearly is proud of its Egyptian involvement, that's one link between the two/three groups. I don't know, too much Egypt for me, and not even Coptic Christian, ancient Egypt/Pharoah worship...

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one we all should be wary of. (not afraid) but wary, is the global ecumenism that is fully ensconced in the church and guided, led, and inspired by Rome, and whose doctrines will not only be enforced on the world, but welcomed by the world. And that includes many, maybe even most, contributors to these forums. But hey, never mind all that, so long as we 'love' each other right?

God-the-Father and God-the-Son stated as such, about 1900 years ago; per Revelation 18:2-4
"And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

I interpret this as the whole rotting stinking system men have built up and on from the evil one, the "mystery Babylon" to be wary of, and stay away from, and not to mingle. The vatican, all other religions and their groups, etc, all part of it. No wonder, 3/4 of this world is antichrist, and that's at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'm understanding Mormonism correctly (and possibly it's offshoot, LDS), Joseph Smith found golden plates buried in the soil of the USA, upon which was written a lost/unknown ancient Egyptian language. Once he translated the language, those writings became the basis for Mormonism, the Book of Mormon.

The plates were only found because an angel (good angel or bad angel?) helped Smith. The angel's name was/is Moroni (anagram for "i moron").

I have to research more, but it may be the bottom line, that Mormonism uses both Egyptian (antichrist at best) teachings mingled with Christian teachings to produce what we now know of as Mormonism.

With Freemason's Shriner's organization, one which clearly is proud of its Egyptian involvement, that's one link between the two/three groups. I don't know, too much Egypt for me, and not even Coptic Christian, ancient Egypt/Pharoah worship...

I have read some of the writings of Freemasons and have found that they indeed based their beliefs on the mystery religions of Ancient Egypt (at least, in part). I'll see if I can find a link to their own writings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Jesus

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure.... Because

Nothing wrong with believing in Universalism. Doctrine aside, it is either going to happen or it isn’t - opinions are not going to effect outcome, but it does effect our heart and therefore our sanctification. Personally, I pray for everyone to meet Jesus and to be saved - I hope every Christian does.

I believe the more grace, compassion, empathy, and love we practice in this life; the more prepared we will be when God perfects us as full citizens of Heaven. Our treasure in Heaven will include the relationships we build in this life, as well.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What group/groups did Jesus warn the most about? Anyone remember?

I think Jesus took the most action against the Pharisees. Unfortunately, in our world today, Pharisees can always look towards people they consider to be more legalistic and absolve themselves.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one we all should be wary of. (not afraid) but wary, is the global ecumenism that is fully ensconced in the church and guided, led, and inspired by Rome, and whose doctrines will not only be enforced on the world, but welcomed by the world. And that includes many, maybe even most, contributors to these forums. But hey, never mind all that, so long as we 'love' each other right?

This post is very troubling. Here is the true conspiracy - “unity and love are bad”. It is a lie from the same clever serpent that told us the fruit was good to eat. He shows his cunning nature by convincing us that good is bad and bad is good.

Unity describes the Body of Christ, but Satan has divided us on Earth and convinced us how right we are to be divided. He tells us that love is weakness and compromise is betrayal. But, of course, we know that silly things like secret societies are the real evil in the world....

Look, I am not advocating for a watered down, straw man of a world church that gets trodden out every time unity or ecumenicalism gets brought up. What I am suggesting is that a large part of Christianity appears cornered and divided by fear and suspicion and distrust of good.

The craziest part is that this delusion is so utterly convincing for so many who will read this post that no amount of explaining will make a difference.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read some of the writings of Freemasons and have found that they indeed based their beliefs on the mystery religions of Ancient Egypt (at least, in part). I'll see if I can find a link to their own writings.
Here's an excerpt from an article written by a 32nd-degree Mason that shows the link between Freemasonry and the Egyptian mystery schools. The article is titled "The Connection Between Ancient Egyptian Mystery Schools And Freemasonry."

Masonic teaching centers on its initiation rituals. Each of Freemasonry’s three degrees takes the candidate through a journey steeped in history, symbolism and allegory to teach him lessons of how to raise his divine spark, realize his relationship to a higher power (God, Grand Architect, Supreme Being, etc) and live a life of moral rectitude. Occult scholar, Lewis Spence (1874 – 1955) tells us of the same goal of initiation in Ancient Egypt:​

“The purpose of initiation is a conventional attempt to realize man’s place in the universe and in the divine scheme of things, and for this, I believe, the Egyptian Mystery System achieved for the first time in an orderly and philosophical manner … Have we no lessons to learn from Egypt? Aye, the greatest in the world, the knowledge of that divine introspection which alone can give man the likeness of the Divine.”​

Source: The Connection Between Ancient Egyptian Mystery Schools and Freemasonry | Gaia

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Freemasonry and those involved in it is a fascinating topic, the Freemasons as a stand alone entity are only a minor concern. There are organisations infinitely more powerful, and they aren't even hiding.

That's a good video.

I've learned to be wary anytime I hear the word "sustainable." What happened to Veith with the police accosting him for merely taking a photo of the Mississippi is exactly what America has become: a police state that rivals Nazi Germany. It's easy to see why America has been moved into fascism. Apparently on order of the Vatican.

I have a hard time following all the orders - since it gets complicated. But it's telling that both George W. and Ronald Reagan were inducted into the order of Bath as were Giuliani - who has been shown flashing the Freemason hand sign. I'm shocked the fire commissioner is. And Steven Spielberg? I don't get that one. The ancestry is interesting but I have to go through it again because it gets complicated. But it's interesting that it all points to the Pope. I wonder how many of our taxes go to Rome. The Vatican, which overlooked when priests were abusing children, has shown itself evil. That should show us what the Vatican is about - which by the way has a hall shaped like a serpent, to show who their god is.

It's interesting to see how all the Presidents is linked back to them - that leads me to believe that our votes don't count. It also shows how history has been manipulated. I knew McCain was bad - I read about how he attempted to steal peoples property. He's dirty - he was no war hero.

Obama isn't the antichrist but it's obvious he works for them. He did much evil. I'm wondering when America is going to collapse. We're trillions in debt and have over-extended ourselves by intervening in other countries. And Trump has continued it. It's such a shame that so many Christians look the other way. Maybe if they had seen photos of the young children with their legs blown off it would move their heart. But most people are quite satisfied as long as it isn't THEY who are getting hurt. But remember that God holds us accountable for our sins of commission as well as omission.

Beware whenever you see the false Christian Rick Warren - who has sold his soul for a seat at the king's table. He is a member of CFR. A friend had a lawyer who is something big in Warren's church try to date her. They dated a few times and he began saying they should have a baby together. He told her she would never have to work again blah blah blah. She researched him and found his former girlfriend had posted on a site and said that he pushed her to have a baby with him and after she gave birth he went to court and got custody of their son (after all, we know lawyers have connections and know how to play the court game) After he got custody he brought the boy home and is raising him with his gay lover. It made me sick that a friend could have been seduced into having a baby with that evil man. And he's a biggie in Rick Warren's church. He was looking for a baby-maker.

They get control of big-name pastors and get them to lead unwary people by the nose. I do not trust many of the pastors who surround Trump - such as Pastor Paula White. I may be old-fashioned but Scripture says that women are not to teach. Paul's words were clear. I think women have much work to do but not as pastors. Of course I was influenced by a strict Presbyterian church we attended one time but it is in Scripture.

All of this should show Americans that we are not a free nation as we've been taught to believe. You'll learn real quick that you have no Constitutional rights if you meet a bully cop on the road one unfortunate night. Depending on his particular psychological makeup and depending on what bent of sin he leans to he could beat your head in, sexually molest you - male or female, or even murder you if he's so inclined. All he has to say is "I feared for my life" the one sentence that forever absolves him of all guilt in the courts. The police have become a protected species with the courts absolving them of the most vile of actions. This foments the worst in human behavior. I've known good cops but the bad ones poison the uniform and no one is doing anything about it. WE have to. WE have to contact legislators; if you neglect to do this then I believe that God will allow you or your family to become a victim. I was clueless about it until my neighbor's grandson was assassinated, leaving 3 little girls without financial support. Don't ever believe that if you do nothing wrong then you're safe - your'e not. I know at least two people who were completely innocent victims of police. That's why The Rutherford Institute is fighting it and I urge others to support their work. SPEAK UP NOW. INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS A THREAT TO JUSTICE EVERYWHERE. Don't remain silent like all the Christians did when 1 lone woman, Madelyn Murray O'Hare took prayer out of every school in America.

It's interesting what Diana said about them wanting to put her away. Her death was very suspicious.

We are an aging population here - everyone should take a look at what Obama built into Obamacare. The elderly were not allowed to get expensive procedures - only "palliative" care. Just like England - if you're over a certain age you don't get extensive medical care. I was speaking with a hospital worker who told me that insurance was refusing to pay for procedures for everyone over either 50 or 60. She said "I swear they want these old people to die." Obamacare Killing Granny - www.independentsentinel.com

Brakelite - I wasn't sure who was at the apex of power - I thought it was the 13 families? There are so many orders that it's hard to follow.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy, @brakelite, @Soverign Grace too

Heh, word games:
cabal (anagram for baal + 'c')
cabbalah
kabbalah
kabballah

Kabbalah's satanic Tree of Life symbol (with the 9 and 11, and the pentagram), kabbal/cabal, baal, alah/allah. Way too many evil-affiliated-words and connections to other evil-affiliated-words to be not designed; of course could be a coincidence, but those 4/5 words relating to each other in small ways, seems like it's not a coincidence.

Wow - I never made that connection to baal.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saudi prince Al-Waleed owns a minority share of Twentieth-Century Fox, the parent company of Fox News. I wonder if Fox News makes a habit of insulting/condemning its parent company's minority share owner...

I have become very suspect of whatever is put forth by the mainstream news - and I'm equally as wary with alternative news sites. I tend to somewhat trust Sons of Liberty because I think pastor Tim Brown is credible.

The news moves the masses and we have to wake up to the lies being perpetrated - we know where lies come from. This has all shown me the truth of the words "The whole world lieth in the evil one."

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There's a lot of fiction and mixed with a little fact in here.

Let's start with stating some facts:
I, and other members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are Christians. It is Christ's church and I am His disciple. Not Joseph Smith's. My faith is based on Christ, nothing else. Nothing else.

Once that's clear and understood, then we can move on to the facts of what the Book of Mormon is believed to be and dismiss the fiction.

Reactions: Willie T

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am pretty sure I have some democrats here, so let me ask this question, in today's world how can a Christian, in good conscience vote for a democrat. Considering their initiatives as it is to push America to communism, I am just wondering how you equate that to good?

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

By Richard Packham

• involve oaths
I literally already addressed this exact website and it's ill founded claims.