friendship abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hi, My former abusive friend (we're not friends anymore) ended friendship with me and I don't care bc she's the one that's not a good friend. I got back to being friends with her again and then she got angry after I said 'how are you doing today? And do you still smoke, I'm wondering' and I cared, she started insulting and criticizing me and said I'm rude and nosey, she's not smoking now, am I happy and that 'her husband even said am I talking to a high schooler, it's common sense' which I think perhaps she's lying bc she has lied before and she remembers I told her I was going to block her and she said that was rude and she remembers that she said if I don't drop a particular topic where we went on a trip then she won't be my friend, on our way back she was driving and I said if I can lie down and she said yes and then she turned up the speaker to call her husband and talked so loud I couldn't hear and talk properly the next day and I told her more than once but she didn't say sorry and then I never told her this but she got me so angry yesterday that I said she never said she was very sorry (I would've) and that it was for something serious and then she said ok then she won't be my friend. There's more but this is enough to say, I pray that she will learn her lesson and that God's will be done and I wish her the best. Thanks everyone

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks so much again amadeus, more prayers would be nice to know and comfort...
You are very welcome, sister.

I do hope that some others are reading and praying but simply have not been posting to let you know it.

I am praying also that others become more involved in prayer on this forum. Prayer really does change things, if only more people believed that.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are very welcome, sister.

I do hope that some others are reading and praying but simply have not been posting to let you know it.

I am praying also that others become more involved in prayer on this forum. Prayer really does change things, if only more people believed that.
uh-huh, I do like knowing and seeing prayers on my prayer request or that someone simply says that they're praying for me out of comforting me or comfort me with words, thanks amadeus :)

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayers for a resolution here, the Lords Pearl. Friendships do have their ups and downs...God will restore is He sees fit sister...she doesn't sound so nice, am glad you are praying for her.
Gods blessings!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus, what makes you believe prayer really does change things? thanks! :D
One reason is that my own life and that of my family has changed over the years as a result of prayer. I believe God

"... The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16
I do not believe we can 'save' a person by prayer but if our prayers fervent and we are righteous before God, doors will be opened that were closed.

A lost unbeliever can be saved, but he must make the decision to go that way with God. Our prayers can cause God to show the person the truth he needs to see so that he can walk toward it. The person still to choose to walk toward.

Some people may say they want to be saved, but when it comes down to it they really do not want to give up something important to them that separated them from God. Our prayers may help them see their problem but seeing they then must take the action even if it is only to surrender to God. Deep in their hearts do they want to surrender and move close to God more than they want to keep their sinful habit or place?

God does not force anyone to come to Him and even our most fervent and righteous cannot force them either. But the prayers can help a person who simply cannot do it alone even though he really does want to...

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
got back to being friends with her again and then she got angry after I said 'how are you doing today? And do you still smoke, I'm wondering

I can see how an inquiry like this can bother someone. It’s not necessary to ask these type of questions if your goal is to be a friend to someone.

"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly" (Proverbs 18:24)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can see how an inquiry like this can bother someone. It’s not necessary to ask these type of questions if your goal is to be a friend to someone.

"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly" (Proverbs 18:24)
What do you mean? in being a friend I was trying to see if I could encourage and ensure her of things she could do if she did still smoke.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the words that paul once wrote . Though the more abundantly i love the less i be loved .
Love comes with correction . Always remember that .

Well said brother, to honestly love someone is to steer them the right way yet, how many will have ears to hear??

Hebrews 12:6-7
"6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth"

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean? in being a friend I was trying to see if I could encourage and ensure her of things she could do if she did still smoke.

As a friend to this person, whatever habits they have will be found out eventually. Best for you to learn of them by observation, not interrogation.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As a friend to this person, whatever habits they have will be found out eventually. Best for you to learn of them by observation, not interrogation.
she wouldn't be punished for smoking and others smoke around her too so I thought to be the one to encourage her and tell her an idea of in the case she still does smoke she can still eat healthy stuff, she didn't have to be so rude telling me I shouldn't say such things otherwise who would dare to speak if someone acts like that to you so inappropriately? I feel I have no freedom talking to her and that she's wrong. she had someone who was caring by her side but she dissed it, she didn't appreciate it, that was her problem, not mine

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
she wouldn't be punished for smoking and others smoke around her too so I thought to be the one to encourage her and tell her an idea of in the case she still does smoke she can still eat healthy stuff, she didn't have to be so rude telling me I shouldn't say such things otherwise who would dare to speak if someone acts like that to you so inappropriately? I feel I have no freedom talking to her and that she's wrong. she had someone who was caring by her side but she dissed it, she didn't appreciate it, that was her problem, not mine

I am not taking sides.

Just offering an opinion.

I pray all works out between you both.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@amadeus, what makes you believe prayer really does change things? thanks! :D
Hi @thelord's_pearl Hebrews 7.25 says that the Lord Jesus (Who was crucified and died and is risen and is at the right hand of the Father) 'ever lives to make intercession' for those who love Him and trust Him. So you see that prayer - His prayer - really does change things, and Romans 8 says that it's by His Spirit that Christians cry 'Abba, Father'. "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." (Romans 8.15)

Reactions: thelord's_pearl