Fun Facts:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This will be a thread on fun facts or facts that seem odd to our concepts.

I decided to start with my generation. I am a Baby 'Boomer"
This is a term made up of those born between 1946 and 1964, this generation was named after the "boom" in birth rates after World War II, when soldiers coming home from WW2 settled down and
raised families.
For a long time, the boomers also held the title of America's largest generation, with a peak of nearly 79 million boomers in the U.S. in 1999 until the millennial generation slightly surpassed them), baby boomers have had and continue to have a significant impact on the economy.

The top 5 Baby Boomer values include hard work, individualism, optimism, family, and consumerism.

The sixties defined the era of social change, and the Boomers led the charge through activism, social change, and freedom.

Some top health challenges facing baby boomers;
Type 2 diabetes....
Heart disease......
Cancer....
Alzheimer's disease....
Depression....
Arthritis and joint replacement.

Please feel free to post your fun facts.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This will be a thread on fun facts or facts that seem odd to our concepts.

I decided to start with my generation. I am a Baby 'Boomer"
This is a term made up of those born between 1946 and 1964, this generation was named after the "boom" in birth rates after World War II, when soldiers coming home from WW2 settled down and
raised families.
For a long time, the boomers also held the title of America's largest generation, with a peak of nearly 79 million boomers in the U.S. in 1999 until the millennial generation slightly surpassed them), baby boomers have had and continue to have a significant impact on the economy.

The top 5 Baby Boomer values include hard work, individualism, optimism, family, and consumerism.

The sixties defined the era of social change, and the Boomers led the charge through activism, social change, and freedom.

Some top health challenges facing baby boomers;
Type 2 diabetes....
Heart disease......
Cancer....
Alzheimer's disease....
Depression....
Arthritis and joint replacement.

Please feel free to post your fun facts.
I was thinking about the arthritis and joint replacement. Arth was right, you can no longer get high on a used joint.:contemplate:

• Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The longest wedding veil;

A woman in Cyprus has set the Guinness World Record for the longest wedding veil.
How long was it, you ask? Nearly 23,000 feet, which is the same length as about 63.5 football fields.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A puffin:
To feed its chick, a puffin parent will carry around 10 fish in its beak at one time, but the biggest recorded haul is a whopping 62 fish, according to Audubon Project Puffin.
Screenshot_20231106-172327~2.pngScreenshot_20231106-172816~2.png

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The longest wedding veil;

A woman in Cyprus has set the Guinness World Record for the longest wedding veil.
How long was it, you ask? Nearly 23,000 feet, which is the same length as about 63.5 football fields.
The things done to be noticed hide from mens minds the unspeakably generous gift given because God has noticed them.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like they are saying that only red wine has any grapes in it. I wonder what they use to make white wine?
White wine is mainly from "white" grapes, which are green or yellow in colour, such as the Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc and Riesling. Some white wine is also made from grapes with coloured skin, provided that the obtained wort is not stained. Pinot noir, for example, is commonly used to produce champagne.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
White wine is mainly from "white" grapes, which are green or yellow in colour, such as the Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc and Riesling. Some white wine is also made from grapes with coloured skin, provided that the obtained wort is not stained. Pinot noir, for example, is commonly used to produce champagne.

I was only going by what the attachment stated in your previous post. Seems like you missed it.

• Haha

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol, I quoted exactly what the article informed of under " fun facts". This was not my supposition only a repost of another site.
Do you wish it removed as it may seem inaccurate too your idea?

I think that you are missing the point being made in my post.

I was having a dig at the person who had composed the meme.

They are stating that 700 grapes go into a bottle of wine, but they do not say what the size of the wine bottle is or whether it is a white or red wine.

They then state that the 700 grapes weigh around 2.6 lb, and that is the weight of fruit that you get when you uncork a bottle of red wine.

The fact is that it was a poorly constructed fact which gives us a giggle to enjoy.

The "facts" left out so many important "facts" that the "facts" became useless. from the point of view of quoting them.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He and I didn't quite gehaw on something he saw in the post hence the laughing emoji in the Random word thread.. I see you might get it ....thought I better explain just in case.....

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact/ not fun:
I would never intentionally hurt anyone.
I might however do so but not with intent !