Fun thread....Did you know......(finish the sentence)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is just too wrong....God must have blinked when he was creating them! lol....they are of the rodent family....;)
They are pretty though.
OIP.bK4tqzHseda4QsokZjXknwHaEZ

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep your eye on Pepsi....they may be supplying the deep state shadow government...haha

In the early 90s, Pepsi owned 17 submarines, a cruiser, a frigate, and a destroyer, all because of a deal with the Soviet Union in which they exchanged soda for military equipment.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Keep your eye on Pepsi....they may be supplying the deep state shadow government...haha

In the early 90s, Pepsi owned 17 submarines, a cruiser, a frigate, and a destroyer, all because of a deal with the Soviet Union in which they exchanged soda for military equipment.
@Heart2Soul Pepsi paid for the coup in Chile that toppled President Allende.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This one I have known for years.
(Gold, being a 'type' of God's nature. )

*One ounce of gold ( soft metal ) can be stretched for over 50 miles.*
Fun eh...who would have thunk it!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two origins about safeguards in place so not to be accidentally buried alive..
1. The oldest origin: Old English.....men drank ale from mugs and tankards made of lead and other toxic elements. A few would stagger out of the tavern and lay seemingly 'dead' along the wayside. Unable to get a pulse for many hours they would eventually be laid into grave with a bell next to their side. A volunteer would sit atop next to the grave for several more hours. If they heard the bell ring they would alert those necessary to raised the person from the 'dead.' This is how we got the expression, 'saved by the bell'... if they never heard the bell they pronounced the man dead and he was then buried.
2. During epidemics of the 17th and 18th century some people were accidentally buried alive. So they fashioned an elaborate contraption of strings and pulleys from their head to their toes with bells that would ring if someone was still alive in their grave....same result

Saved by the bell!....

APAK

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's ok. You don't have to be a serious person to be a serious Christian.
One more "did you know" from the resident English teacher. :p

Did you know that it's improper grammar to end a sentence with a preposition (i.e. to, from, with, in, etc.)?

Rumor has it that Winston Churchill was corrected for ending a sentence with a preposition, to which he replied, “This is the kind of pedantic nonsense up with which I will not put!”

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Two origins about safeguards in place so not to be accidentally buried alive..
1. The oldest origin: Old English.....men drank ale from mugs and tankards made of lead and other toxic elements. A few would stagger out of the tavern and lay seemingly 'dead' along the wayside. Unable to get a pulse for many hours they would eventually be laid into grave with a bell next to their side. A volunteer would sit atop next to the grave for several more hours. If they heard the bell ring they would alert those necessary to raised the person from the 'dead.' This is how we got the expression, 'saved by the bell'... if they never heard the bell they pronounced the man dead and he was then buried.
2. During epidemics of the 17th and 18th century some people were accidentally buried alive. So they fashioned an elaborate contraption of strings and pulleys from their head to their toes with bells that would ring if someone was still alive in their grave....same result

Saved by the bell!....

APAK

Thank you....excellent...I never knew that!! :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, where do you stand with "ain't?" "Am not" or just no?
Well, I may be reprimanded for commenting on this (lol), but I say talk however you want if those listening to you understand what you're saying; however, if you're trying to use proper grammar, don't say ain't. It's considered slang.

Did this answer your question? :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Did you know that it's improper grammar to end a sentence with a preposition (i.e. to, from, with, in, etc.)?

Rumor has it that Winston Churchill was corrected for ending a sentence with a preposition, to which he replied, “This is the kind of pedantic nonsense up with which I will not put!”
Yes, I knew that but can't be bothered to be so pedantic.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are pretty though.
OIP.bK4tqzHseda4QsokZjXknwHaEZ
And friendly, too. One on our property used to crawl from a tree branch onto my arm, and eat nuts while sitting on my shoulder. If we didn't come outside each morning soon enough to suit him, he would swing his weight on the front door screen, making the door "bang" until we acknowledged him.
Another one, about a block away, used to walk between my dog's legs, and several times took the dog's nose in his front paws, and nuzzled him, like giving him a kiss.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you know that when you ask "where it's at" Is an incomplete sentence and improper to end a sentence or question with at or it.
Or where is it...where ya at

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that you could see Heaven in only three or four days if you can keep from drinking anything for that period of time? (I've made it 31 hours at the present time.)
Goofball!

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And friendly, too. One on our property used to crawl from a tree branch onto my arm, and eat nuts while sitting on my shoulder. If we didn't come outside each morning soon enough to suit him, he would swing his weight on the front door screen, making the door "bang" until we acknowledged him.
Another one, about a block away, used to walk between my dog's legs, and several times took the dog's nose in his front paws, and nuzzled him, like giving him a kiss.
Animals are incredible and will always sur prise you. There have little birds in my garden the last couple of day landing on any hard surfaces like the door handles.