Fun thread....Did you know......(finish the sentence)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you know that your age by the end of this year plus your birth year equals 2020?
Try it!
I am 61 and was born 1959
61 + 1959= 2020

But next year it won't equal 2020.

But it is true that a persons age by the end of the year added to the year of their birth equals the year they are living in, will always be true..

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But next year it won't equal 2020.

But it is true that a persons age by the end of the year added to the year of their birth equals the year they are living in, will always be true..
Lol...you caught that pretty quick!:D

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
full
(You don't say...)
full

Also, did you know that if added the digits of your birth year (until you couldn't any more), it will equal the remainder of your birth year divided by 9 (unless it is 9; then the remainder = 0).

1959: 1 + 9 + 5 + 9 = 24
24: 2 + 4 = 6

1959 ÷ 9 = 217, Remainder 6
Wow...strange.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that you can "encourage" auto-dialers to take you off their "call" list?

We are already on the Do Not Call Registry, but "@pple $upport" scammers* kept dialing us anyway. They spoofed different phone numbers each time, so we couldn't just block a single number.

Just add THIS TONE to the beginning of your voice mail greeting message.
Do not answer calls that you do not recognize.
Hearing those tones, the auto-dialer will interpret it as an unassigned number and will remove you from its call list.

*Similar to the IRS/delinquent tax scam.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A twofer inspired by the 1958 movie, Vertigo.

Did you know that
  • Jimmy Stewart (who plays the protagonist with vertigo [a.k.a. acrophobia, the fear of heights]) was an Army pilot in WWII?
  • It is quite common --some sources say that it's more common*-- for working pilots to have acrophobia?? (They are typically okay in the cockpit, but not on observation decks of tall buildings.**)
*Compared to non-pilots.
**I am not a pilot, but I am the same way as a passenger on a plane or a helicopter.
full

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that the original GI Joe had a deliberately misstamped thumbnail on the underside of [his] right thumb?

Initially, it was a manufacturing error, but when Hasbro found that they could not copyright a "human" body, they turned it into a trademark. (1990s' Joes do not have this feature.)
full

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry for the edit but it is a type of hate speech, offensive, and most definitely isn't a fun fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This forum cannot search the threads for images or videos?

When you post an image or video on XenForo boards (in your posts), the search feature cannot search for them (if you want to find them again later), so I have gotten into the habit of tagging my images & videos.

Consider the following,
Hearse w/U-Haul
full

Popcorn (Hot Butter, 1972)
If you highlight the line above the image & video, you will see a searchable label for each but I colored them white to make them less visually distracting.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that you can "encourage" auto-dialers to take you off their "call" list?

We are already on the Do Not Call Registry, but "@pple $upport" scammers* kept dialing us anyway. They spoofed different phone numbers each time, so we couldn't just block a single number.

Just add THIS TONE to the beginning of your voice mail greeting message.
Do not answer calls that you do not recognize.
Hearing those tones, the auto-dialer will interpret it as an unassigned number and will remove you from its call list.

*Similar to the IRS/delinquent tax scam.

Thank you for sharing!

Taken

Reactions: Sabertooth

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glitter was accidentally invented by a New Jersey cattle rancher. The inventor’s name was Henry Ruschmann, and he wasn’t trying to create anything. He simply wanted to dispose of plastic. When he tried crushing it in 1934, glitter was the end result.
Fun fact:
A similar thing happened when they tried to cremate Liberace's body. Clouds of glitter spewed from the mortuary chimney onto the streets below.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fun fact:
A similar thing happened when they tried to cremate Liberace's body. Clouds of glitter spewed from the mortuary chimney onto the streets below.

LOL- oh man I love that guy! Flamboyant, funny, Extremely talented with an "pleasantly enjoyable" talent.
And I could picture him having a chuckle at your joke.

It's too bad muck suckers think themselves entitled to people's private lives. He was a fabulously talented enjoyable entertainer ... so just acknowledging the part of him he chose to provided the public. :)

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL- oh man I love that guy! Flamboyant, funny, Extremely talented with an "pleasantly enjoyable" talent.
And I could picture him having a chuckle at your joke.

It's too bad muck suckers think themselves entitled to people's private lives. He was a fabulously talented enjoyable entertainer ... so just acknowledging the part of him he chose to provided the public. :)
I agree. He was an amazing and talented musician and entertainer.

Reactions: Taken