Fun thread....Did you know......(finish the sentence)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Korean mispronunciation of "river..."

The same mispronunciation happens "in reverse" over there.

Americans say <gan> [간 = "liver"]
when they intend to say <gang> [강 = "river"].
I got it....I was just remembering my mom cooking Liver and onions for dinner....
Gross

Reactions: Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got it....I was just remembering my mom cooking Liver and onions for dinner...
full

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Liver of God...?
My son attending college in Milwaukee goes to a church that was established by (South) Korean missionaries.
The pastor was explaining to him how, in Korean, it was difficult to pronounce the leading "r" in "river," such as in hymns that refer to the "river of God."

He further noted that when Americans came to Korea and sang the Korean translation of that phrase,
they would often mispronounce their word for "river" as their word for "liver," too... :D

Interesting in context of intent
Water cleanses impurities
The liver cleanses impurities
Gods Power cleanses impurities

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that a charged particle cannot have both a charge radius and an electric field outside the charge radius without a second charge? -physics

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that a charged particle cannot have both a charge radius and an electric field outside the charge radius without a second charge? -physics
Called ions which are made up of a
Proton, neutron and electron. ..larger ions bump into smaller ones and steals an electron from it causing it to have 1 more electron and the small ions one less electron....this is when it becomes a positive charged particle and the smaller one becomes a negative charged particle.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Called ions which are made up of a
Proton, neutron and electron. ..larger ions bump into smaller ones and steals an electron from it causing it to have 1 more electron and the small ions one less electron....this is when it becomes a positive charged particle and the smaller one becomes a negative charged particle.
Sounds like you studied Chemistry. I deal in the nature of forces where I'm trying to unify the forces of nature. So I study single charges at the smallest level. For instance in a proton they have measured a charge radius. And we know it also has a field. And yes ions have a charge radius also. But ions usually refers to atoms from my understanding, which is multiple fundamental particles clumped together with the strong force to form the building blocks of matter. Fundamental particles work together using the fundamental forces to form atoms.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you studied Chemistry. I deal in the nature of forces where I'm trying to unify the forces of nature. So I study single charges at the smallest level. For instance in a proton they have measured a charge radius. And we know it also has a field. And yes ions have a charge radius also. But ions usually refers to atoms from my understanding, which is multiple fundamental particles clumped together with the strong force to form the building blocks of matter. Fundamental particles work together using the fundamental forces to form atoms.
I was a nursing student and studied microbiology, chemistry and a & p

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a nursing student and studied microbiology, chemistry and a & p
If you're interested in physics I can explain more: I generated a fundamental forces physics theory and had to get into particle physics. I found some interesting stuff regarding charge radii of electrons, protons and neutrons (dipole particles). I followed more of Einsteins ideas on space-time curvatures and described the strong force as a strong waveform gravitation. Then gravitation was an opacity so that it leaks out from the strong force. I am able to accurately calculate the measured charge radius of the proton, introduced a charge radius for the electron and neutron (dipole). I can also accurately calculate the magnetic moments of the particles from those charge radii.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're interested in physics I can explain more: I generated a fundamental forces physics theory and had to get into particle physics. I found some interesting stuff regarding charge radii of electrons, protons and neutrons (dipole particles). I followed more of Einsteins ideas on space-time curvatures and described the strong force as a strong waveform gravitation. Then gravitation was an opacity so that it leaks out from the strong force. I am able to accurately calculate the measured charge radius of the proton, introduced a charge radius for the electron and neutron (dipole). I can also accurately calculate the magnetic moments of the particles from those charge radii.
Yes...send it to me in a pm...so as not to derail the thread...I am extremely interested in genetics and quantum physics/mechanics

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow I just learnt Americans don't have switches on their power points, in Australia we have switches on our power points.

Aussie power point.

images

North American power point
US-power-socket-small.jpg

Reactions: APAK

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho, Did you know that in America they use over four times the amount of copper to have the same percentage level of voltage drop between their meters and their appliances for their house wiring.