Fundamental belief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
pick one fundamental belief that cannot be removed from Christianity without losing meaning of the religion.

Me: Trinity - the nature of God
God is One, and
God has Seven Spirits, and those are just the ones revealed to us
i like the reflection of 3 also though...just not trinity

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Unconditional love doesn't require faith to be saved, so I can remove any such notions and it will have no effect
consider if you will the guy who is totally forgiven, who does not acknowledge the forgiveness bc he prefers to sin. Is he any less loved? No, but see how that will not help him any, if he cannot be comfortable in a room full of forgiveness.

Follow Christ or you are doomed; and not because you are not loved.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If unconditional love is true, then even non-believers can be saved by the Resurrection, making the gospel null and void.
"I assure you: Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains by itSELF. But if it dies, it produces a large crop."

see how the "self" that "church" so glibly assures us can be "saved" cannot in fact be saved at all; it has to die.
pls don't be telling Christians about this ok, it just upsets them :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow Scott, if you mess up you don't have to confess and rebound any more? hmm

this is the way to make psychopaths who believe they cannot sin, wadr
If I am not like Him, but believe that one day I shall be like Him, I should strive not to "mess up." But, if I have become like Him, which we are to do, because I believe that I "was" raised up with Him as the scriptures say, then "I am" and "It is finished."

Psychopaths walk in darkness, but I walk in the light. Big difference.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If I am not like Him, but believe that one day I shall be like Him, I should strive not to "mess up." But, if I have become like Him, which we are to do, because I believe that I "was" raised up with Him as the scriptures say, then "I am" and "It is finished."

Psychopaths walk in darkness, but I walk in the light. Big difference.
well, i note the Book gives the same description for both, but i can't help but hear in this "i am no longer deceived."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i note the Book gives the same description for both, but i can't help but hear in this "i am no longer deceived."
The description for both?

Yes, when we walk in the light we are no longer deceived.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, "they will do this and that" compared to "didn't we do this and that," the same description for both the accepted and the rejected? i could go dig them up if you like, the ones about casting out demons, and etc.
Aah, gotcha. Yes, that would be the case with those who "believe", but not with those who "know." Which I do not say to appear to be smug, but rather show the distinction between those who rely on faith, as opposed to those who rely on their own understanding, as oppose to those whom have heard from God already. It is those who rely on their own understanding who are subject to being cast out.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Aah, gotcha. Yes, that would be the case with those who "believe", but not with those who "know." Which I do not say to appear to be smug, but rather show the distinction between those who rely on faith, as opposed to those who rely on their own understanding, as oppose to those whom have heard from God already. It is those who rely on their own understanding who are subject to being cast out.
reaffirms the need for witnesses imo, yet at the same time how does one outside the camp have a witness? Weird dichotomy there

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reaffirms the need for witnesses imo, yet at the same time how does one outside the camp have a witness? Weird dichotomy there
Not really. The born again have met Christ and have been changed. They are indeed His witnesses.

Reactions: Helen

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pick one fundamental belief that cannot be
removed from Christianity without losing meaning of the religion.
Easy: Y'all pick one...I couldn't: These cannot be removed since 381 ad...

Belief in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
Belief in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to the dead.

On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven,
is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will come again to judge the living
and the dead.
Belief in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church*, the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

*To Roman Catholics it means their church....to other Christians it means Christian church.
The word catholic comes from a Greek word meaning universal or general.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your private interpretation, what the Bible calls prophecy is in fact NOT prophecy since its all already occurred. You make yourself out to be a preterist and don't even realize it........or are you one? And amongst the rest of the gibberish you wrote, none of it addresses the issue of faith being set as the condition for being saved, which means that Gods love is NOT unconditional, no matter how much you want it to be simply because its what you prefer.

Your comments always include this statement from someone named Harkin:
"Secrets are like herpes, if you got 'em, you might as well spread 'em around!!!" - Harkin

A Christian friend, or your Pastor/Elder, might encourage you to delete this comment. It does not reflect the God you serve.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pick one fundamental belief that cannot be removed from Christianity without losing meaning of the religion.

Me: Trinity - the nature of God

None of the fundamentals of the faith can be removed. If they could they would not be fundamental.

Stranger

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All man made rules are made to be broken.

Peace in Christ Yeshua, Lord Jesus.