Fundamentalist Christianity breeds narcissism/bigotry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly charity , love rejoices NOT in inquity but in the TRUTH .
It does not behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
And now a word from romans one . And likewise the man leaving the natural use of the woman burned in his lust
doing that which is UNSEEMINGLY . SO my question is , WHY on earth are churches setting up rainbow flags
and calling this stuff LOVE , when its evident IT AINT . AND it aint charity .
SO even if i gave all my GOODS to the poor and my body to be burned , YET HAVE NOT CHARITY , PROFITS ME NOTHING .
THERE is gonna be a lot of folks who may have done many good works and gave much to the poor
YET THEY DIDNT have the charity OF GOD and supported that which is not of GOD , NOR IS CHARITY .
I THINK we better RETHINK things and really take a good long look at exactly WHAT KIND of LOVE they been a pumping into churches .
CAUSE if it supports sin , IT COMETH NOT OF GOD . CORRECTION , now that DOES COME of GOD .
SO perhaps those who truly DO love WOULD CORRECT seeing they desire the death of none .

Jesus said that sinners love sinners. He didn't say they didn't "love". The Love of God is different.

Be accurate with what you say.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cant say i agree with agreeing with fairness . DUE TO the fact in all fairness if i had got what i deserved , Well lets just say
what i earned i would not want to bathe in at my end . cause that was and is the LAKE OF FIRE .
I say rather , REJOICE in the MERCY OF GOD who has given the lambs that which they DID NOT DESERVE , WHICH is eternal life
and took that which they did deserve , WHICH is the lake of fire , FAR AWAY FROM THEM . Just a reminder .
When i pray i dont ask GOD to give me what i deserve , JUST GIVE ME MORE OF CHRIST and HE Knows what i have need of already .
cause what i deserved , apart from CHRIST , well lets just say i hope no one ends up there .
BUT THANKS TO GOD , for the merciful Grace Given us in CHRIST , WELL its eternal life for a lamb .
I mean we need to be fair about each other.

Sometimes people allow or post falseness in their posts to let others or make others look bad. But that's not being honest.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that sinners love sinners. He didn't say they didn't "love". The Love of God is different.

I qouated right from the charity chapter and from romans . Let us not be led by feelings but rather let us live by every Word of truth .
I notice that folks are often fast to try and correct me , YET i just said exactly what paul wrote to the corinthains
and to the romans . This is why i have long pleaded for folks to go back to the bible and learn that pattern and truth for themselves .
many walk by emotions , not by truth . I say that not to accuse anyone , but rather to help . Let us get in those bibles .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I qouated right from the charity chapter and from romans . Let us not be led by feelings but rather let us live by every Word of truth .
I notice that folks are often fast to try and correct me , YET i just said exactly what paul wrote to the corinthains
and to the romans . This is why i have long pleaded for folks to go back to the bible and learn that pattern and truth for themselves .
many walk by emotions , not by truth . I say that not to accuse anyone , but rather to help . Let us get in those bibles .
Amen, preach it brother, you got it right!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So correct . LOVE corrects it dont let folks die in their sin . As i said , why are churches putting up RAIN BOW FLAGS
Ye cant support EVIL to win souls . THEY support it . BIG DIFFERENCE .
Would you put up a flag of the KKK to try and let the KKK feel welcome . YEAH i didnt think so . NOR WOULD I .
Would you support the KKK and say all is well . OF COURSE NOT
NOR should the churches support any sin peroid . SPEAK truth , LET GOD add to the church whom HE will .
BUT our duty is to preach sound biblical doctrine , to correct , to exhort , warn and encourage .
My advice is , TIME TO open bibles and start learning what THAT CHRIST taught and what THOSE first apostels taught .
Learn that pattern well . DO the pattern . Too many live by every emotion of man , but not by The words of God .
That wont work well at all for any who does so .

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No you didn't. You did MORE than just quote what they said.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You think that Paul wrote in 17th Century Englyshe? BTW, Paul never wrote anything to "the corinthains".

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In My opinion, alot of people become Bible-Thumpers or Jesus freaks to make themselves feel reassured or because they have doubts and cling to scripture to save their faith. Its way easier to pass off something that is suspect to God if you want it to be from God. People look for reasons and signs and then create a narrative in there head that meshes with their life and the backstory of Jesus and the Words of Scripture. I have read and studies scriptures for about a decade now. Ever since I've had a personal expierence where I saw something spiritual with my own two eyes and another instance where I was got terrified then reassured and a voice gave me wings. Ever since then I studied Christianity because it was what I grew up familiar with. I KNOW God exists, but I'm not 100% sold on Jesus. I think the message of being kind to each other is more important than worshiping a single figure. I think that is what is lost on Christianity. I draw strength from Scriptures, dont get me wrong. But a too bright of a light can blind a person, especially if you shine a powerful light in your eyes and focus on it.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
In My opinion, alot of people become Bible-Thumpers or Jesus freaks to make themselves feel reassured or because they have doubts and cling to scripture to save their faith. Its way easier to pass off something that is suspect to God if you want it to be from God. People look for reasons and signs and then create a narrative in there head that meshes with their life and the backstory of Jesus and the Words of Scripture. I have read and studies scriptures for about a decade now. Ever since I've had a personal expierence where I saw something spiritual with my own two eyes and another instance where I was got terrified then reassured and a voice gave me wings. Ever since then I studied Christianity because it was what I grew up familiar with. I KNOW God exists, but I'm not 100% sold on Jesus. I think the message of being kind to each other is more important than worshiping a single figure. I think that is what is lost on Christianity. I draw strength from Scriptures, dont get me wrong. But a too bright of a light can blind a person, especially if you shine a powerful light in your eyes and focus on it.

The scriptures speak of Christ. His sacrifice is referenced all the way back in Genesis, when God provided garments of skin for Adam and Eve to clothe them. The ram provided for Abraham in place of Isaac. The passover in egypt. The Nehushtan (bronze snake on a pole). These are only a few of the prominent foreshadowings of Christ, the bible is his-story. And it is for our benefit as well, because it is only through him that we may come to God and have eternal life. In my opinion all things Christian should start and end with Jesus.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

The heir! She singular! Only one!

If Christ had brothers they would be heir and king!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ. You really don't know this?

John 14:6a, "Jesus replied, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life."

good

but he ascended to heaven
What did he put in place to teach us His truth?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thee faith i think this might be about the fourth time ya asked me this question too .
Try and at least write down my answers so you wont keep asking me the same questions over and over again .

I was reminding you

it is Christ Jn 14:6 and His church 1 Tim 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we know that the Passover is the basis of the sacrifice of Christ but it’s not just the “Lords supper” it’s the paschal sacrifice of Christ!

Beginning in the upper room until His death on the cross! The new covenant Passover sacrifice of Christ!

All points to Christ and his church!

do you realize that the 400 yrs of bondage in Egypt was a type of purgatory? And the promised land a type of heaven?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They think I can't handle their so called absolute truth but really they can't handle that there's no absolute truth

This is the definition and flawed concept of Moral Relativism.
The absolute truth is God and His WORD. If you don't believe that then you absolutely do not have faith or very little.
If you say there is no absolute truth, then you are admitting that your faith is therefore not absolute. You are really stuck, unsure, nothing seems confirmed about it. It is like someone who builds his house on the sand and when the flood comes - Bye bye.
Even among unbelievers, absolute truths are prevalent all over. You are alive - or is that not absolute? The sun shines, the rain falls, millions of kinds of animals and botanicals are provided for and someday you will die.
But maybe you are just talking about morality, what is right and wrong? Maybe you think that is subjective and/or depending on the times or culture you live in. So you may think what is right and good in one culture or time period, may be wrong in another.
It seems today that our American culture is divided in that respect. The Right view the Left as living in an alternate universe where good is evil and evil is good and vice versa.
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

Let's give an extreme example just to confirm that there are moral absolutes. The Canaanites sacrificed there newborn babies on red hot iron to their god, Molech. That is murder.
In any culture at any time should that be considered absolutely wrong? I think we would all agree.
There are some gray areas in life when something may be good for me but not good for you, but those are not in the category of absolutes. Eating certain food may good for me but not for you. I can drink a couple of glasses of wine, but to an alcoholic, that is a no, no.
Some choose to keep the Sabbath Day, some believe Jesus fulfilled the Sabbath Law, that we are in Christ, in His rest, so feel they should not be dictated to by others.
"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days." Col. 2:16

Do not murder, do not steal, do not lie, do not covet, honor your parents, are absolutes even to unbelievers. Believers would add love and honor God and His word.
Liberalism is the most destructive force, a form of rebelliousness, rejection, resentment, resistance against God. Liberalism wants to break free of any constraints, rules, authority and remain on their throne, empowered to do as they choose.
The path of becoming a born again Christian involves repentance (turning to God in humility and the realization that you have sinned against Him) AND getting OFF YOUR DAMNED THRONE AND PUTTING CHRIST THERE TO ABSOLUTELY GUIDE YOUR LOST AND TOTALLY INCOMPETANT LIFE THAT WOULD OTHERWISE LEAD YOU TO DESTRUCTION!

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the definition and flawed concept of Moral Relativism.
The absolute truth is God and His WORD. If you don't believe that then you absolutely do not have faith or very little.
If you say there is no absolute truth, then you are admitting that your faith is therefore not absolute. You are really stuck, unsure, nothing seems confirmed about it. It is like someone who builds his house on the sand and when the flood comes - Bye bye.
Even among unbelievers, absolute truths are prevalent all over. You are alive - or is that not absolute? The sun shines, the rain falls, millions of kinds of animals and botanicals are provided for and someday you will die.
But maybe you are just talking about morality, what is right and wrong? Maybe you think that is subjective and/or depending on the times or culture you live in. So you may think what is right and good in one culture or time period, may be wrong in another.
It seems today that our American culture is divided in that respect. The Right view the Left as living in an alternate universe where good is evil and evil is good and vice versa.
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

Let's give an extreme example just to confirm that there are moral absolutes. The Canaanites sacrificed there newborn babies on red hot iron to their god, Molech. That is murder.
In any culture at any time should that be considered absolutely wrong? I think we would all agree.
There are some gray areas in life when something may be good for me but not good for you, but those are not in the category of absolutes. Eating certain food may good for me but not for you. I can drink a couple of glasses of wine, but to an alcoholic, that is a no, no.
Some choose to keep the Sabbath Day, some believe Jesus fulfilled the Sabbath Law, that we are in Christ, in His rest, so feel they should not be dictated to by others.
"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days." Col. 2:16

Do not murder, do not steal, do not lie, do not covet, honor your parents, are absolutes even to unbelievers. Believers would add love and honor God and His word.
Liberalism is the most destructive force, a form of rebelliousness, rejection, resentmeny, resistance against God. Liberalism wants to break free of any constraints, rules, authority and remain on their throne, empowered to do as they choose.
The path of becoming a born again Christian involves repentance (turning to God in humility and the realization that you have sinned against Him) AND getting OFF YOUR DAMNED THRONE AND PUTTING CHRIST THERE TO ABSOLUTELY GUIDE YOUR LOST AND TOTALLY INCOMPETANT LIFE THAT WOULD OTHERWISE LEAD YOU TO DESTRUCTION!

Saying that "Liberalism is the most destructive force, a form of rebelliousness, rejection, resentmeny [sic], resistance against God. Liberalism wants to break free of any constraints, rules, authority and remain on their [sic] throne, empowered to do as they [sic] choose" clearly shows that you have no understanding of liberalism.

"The path of becoming a born again Christian involves repentance (turning to God in humility and the realization that you have sinned against Him) clearly applies to others but not to you, correct? Isn't this in your Bible? Matthew 7:1-3, "“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For by the standard you judge you will be judged, and the measure you use will be the measure you receive. Why do you see the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to see the beam of wood in your own?" It's clearly obvious that you ignore the teachings of the Lord about judgement.

You are correct in one thing: The Right view the Left as living in an alternate universe where good is evil and evil is good and vice versa. That just shows the willful blindness of the Right.

John 8:31-32, "Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, “If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” Try it sometime, Ronald.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good

but he ascended to heaven
What did he put in place to teach us His truth?

You ask "What did he put in place to teach us His truth?" The Holy Spirit. John 16:13, "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. For he will not speak on his own authority, but will speak whatever he hears, and will tell you what is to come."

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

The heir! She singular! Only one!

If Christ had brothers they would be heir and king!

You know, sometimes I really worry about you. "She singular" means???

For the umpteenth time, Christ had brothers (and sisters)...

Matthew 12:46, "While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers came and stood outside, asking to speak to him."
Matthew 13:55, "Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother named Mary? And aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?
Mark 3:31a, "Then Jesus’ mother and his brothers came"
Luke 8:19a, "Now Jesus’ mother and his brothers came to him, but they could not get near him because of the crowd."
John 2:12, "After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples, and they stayed there a few days."
John 7:4-5, "For no one who seeks to make a reputation for himself does anything in secret. If you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” (For not even his own brothers believed in him.)"
John 7:10, "But when his brothers had gone up to the feast, then Jesus himself also went up, not openly but in secret.
Acts 1:14, "All these continued together in prayer with one mind, together with the women, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers."

All four gospels and Acts clearly say that Jesus had brothers! Why are you rejecting the Scriptures? Has your unbelief blinded you?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met Jesus. He answered when I repented and looked for the true God. Allah didn’t answer, Buddha didn’t answer. That alone drove me to the Bible. The inerrant word of God. I needed more of Jesus after meeting him.

You meet Jesus and feel his love then you forever follow him. It’s unlike anything you can comprehend. A true Christian will love you, not judge you. I think the Christian church as a whole has many thing wrong. I think all of the rules some churches enforce is misunderstood scripture. There is freedom in Christ.

Now what I have observed is very frustrating. People think that Christians are judging them with a holier than thou attitude when in reality they are trying to help you. Help you avoid a place that is so horrible that it would be better to pluck out your own eye balls than go there.

Reactions: Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is NO ABSOLUTE TRUTH to handle! I think YOU can't handle the truth that there's none. When you've been indoctrinated for so long repeating the same old habits, you start to develop a strong egoic identity to the point where you believe you have the absolute truth. You don't! You weren't even born knowing any of this stuff. I understand it gives you a sense of comfort that you think you know but you really don't know anything in the end! This is my entire point. There is a reason why Christianity gets a bad rap and fundamentalists get called 'Bible thumpers'. They're at war with the secular world.

Progressive Christians are what I'd consider to be normal Christians. They see value in Jesus' teachings, but they are not fanatics. Being fanatical about anything is just plain toxic.

except for your statement that there is no absolute truth!

or only your statement that there is no absolute truth is the only statement of absolute truth!

the truth is revealed by God on His being faithful and true!

neither able to deceive or be deceived

Christ is the truth Jn 14:6

and he founded a church Matt 16;18 (apostles) to teach all men Matt 28:19 without error (dogma) or absolute truth! Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21