Fundamentalist Christianity is fear-based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24084_e5135964b4e5a62526135e56b619410a.png

when did I claim Peter was God?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when did I claim Peter was God?
Good try thee faith . ONLY it dont work . You cant duck this one .
How come all the popes of the CC get all dressed up and have men kneel before them a kiss their ring ,
WHEN EVEN PETER HIMSELF never allowed men to do such a thing . Exactly thee faith
Your religoin was created by men who desired to be seen as some great thing .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good try thee faith . ONLY it dont work . You cant duck this one .
How come all the popes of the CC get all dressed up and have men kneel before them a kiss their ring ,
WHEN EVEN PETER HIMSELF never allowed men to do such a thing . Exactly thee faith
Your religoin was created by men who desired to be seen as some great thing .

there is required liturgical garb

but they are not worshiping the successor of saint Peter

They are giving Him obeisance cos he represents Jesus Christ the king, as Joseph received obeisance as the representative of pharaoh or king of Egypt

Gen 37:7 For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is required liturgical garb

but they are not worshiping the successor of saint Peter

They are giving Him obeisance cos he represents Jesus Christ the king, as Joseph received obeisance as the representative of pharaoh or king of Egypt

Gen 37:7 For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf.
The same obesiance that peter himself REJECTED IN LIFE . PETER was too busy POINTING TO CHRIST and exalting CHRIST and not men .
Something the CC knows little about .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same obesiance that peter himself REJECTED IN LIFE . PETER was too busy POINTING TO CHRIST and exalting CHRIST and not men .
Something the CC knows little about .

he did not reject obedience!
He represents the king and obedience to the prime minister is obedience to the king

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ATTENTION EVERYONE . NOTICE peter didnt say , KNEEL DOWN and KISS MYRING . SO much for the false papacy .
PETER would have rebuked them all .

Yes and even an angelic being told Ezekiel to stand up..:)
.."I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.
He said to me, “Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you.” (Ezekiel 1:28 and Ezekiel 2:1)

Reactions: amigo de christo

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One Christian demonizing the other is commonplace in this debacled religion. Christianity is losing ground because of - CHRISTIANS. They all believe they have the truth, yet they all disagree with one another. I don't even like calling myself a christian because it associates me with a bunch of judgmental losers.

Why do you call yourself a Christian?

When I read your post I thought about Jesus, and my mind substituted “Jew“ for “Christian”.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't call myself Christian.

Your faith is listed as Christian. You registered on Christianity Board as a Christian. No one forced you to. Why did you?

btw, I also initially registered on Christianity Board as a Christian but later changed it. (My faith is now listed as “Other”.) I am a retired, non-trinitarian, Christian pastor.

It's sad but I really don't want to be associated with them. I've had too many bad experiences with them - especially pastors.

There's no doubt that Christianity has gone bad - and the numbers prove it.

Fundamental Christianity is by all means 'fear based'. Fundamentalism has driven many OUT of this debacle of a religion. Most who have been driven out continue to believe in God and Jesus - we just see Christians as the most judgmental people in the world, and Christianity as being the most expensive sanctimonious social club in the world.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If I leave my house and go to the big box store in town, I pass about 6-7 different churches. A Church of Christ, UCC Church, Christian Science Church, 2 Pentecostal churches, one Next Level Church, one JW church, and a few others.

Every one of them believes they 'have the truth'. Some - like the SDA church - condemns just about everybody who worships on Sunday. One of the Fundamentalist Baptist Church - who believes the AKJV is inspired isn't any better - it's full of Judgmental Calvinist.

So tell me - which of these do you believe has THE TRUTH?

Truth is where you find it, and I find that all of the denominations you listed - as well as others that you didn’t - possess some aspects of truth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One Christian demonizing the other is commonplace in this debacled religion. Christianity is losing ground because of - CHRISTIANS. They all believe they have the truth, yet they all disagree with one another. I don't even like calling myself a christian because it associates me with a bunch of judgmental losers.
Sad but there is truth in what you write. They don’t see it.

Some time ago I realized many Christians are idolators; they’ve made their doctrines into an IDOL.

Such IDOLATORS create what is not in Scripture, a doctrinal purity test. Such IDOLATRY led to the Inquisitions.

Lacking political power now, such idolators still invoke ‘questions’ but not to learn but to relentlessly attack. Sad.

Reactions: stormymonday

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only God's heavenly throne room in a real place that we see only through a glass darkly. Our spiritual understanding is colored darkly at this moment bc I believe we couldn't handle the vision of his kingdom........
that would cause

 Fear.

Since there IS only truth in God and his word it is so.

The lake of fire is a REAL place of eternal punishment for the unbelievers,the beast,the ac and the devil.

Whether it is believed or NOT !

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't call myself Christian. It's sad but I really don't want to be associated with them. I've had too many bad experiences with them - especially pastors.

There's no doubt that Christianity has gone bad - and the numbers prove it.

Fundamental Christianity is by all means 'fear based'. Fundamentalism has driven many OUT of this debacle of a religion. Most who have been driven out continue to believe in God and Jesus - we just see Christians as the most judgmental people in the world, and Christianity as being the most expensive sanctimonious social club in the world.
Jesus didnt clown the religious of His day, and praise the pagan and atheist for nothing, i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There is only God's heavenly throne room in a real place that we see only through a glass darkly. Our spiritual understanding is colored darkly at this moment bc I believe we couldn't handle the vision of his kingdom........
that would cause

 Fear.

Since there IS only truth in God and his word it is so.

The lake of fire is a REAL place of eternal punishment for the unbelievers,the beast,the ac and the devil.

Whether it is believed or NOT !

you dont know what you are talking about, wadr
“eternal” does not mean forever, for one thing; that would have been “aidios” and not “aion”
so believe what you like, but understand your believing it does not make it true, yeh

There is only One Immortal, Who dwells alone in unapproachable light

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you dont know what you are talking about, wadr
“eternal” does not mean forever, for one thing; that would have been “aidios” and not “aion”
so believe what you like, but understand your believing it does not make it true, yeh
Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.

The FOOL has said in his heart " THERE IS NO GOD".

Apparently fools open up and let 'er rip w /o having Christ in their heart.

Babybird has been eaten by a wolf and is ignorantly blissful having been done so.

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.

The FOOL has said in his heart " THERE IS NO GOD".

Apparently fools open up and let 'er rip w /o having Christ in their heart.

Babybird has been eaten by a wolf and is ignorantly blissful having been done so.

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
well, i guess as long as you dont address the post, you are good to go huh
again though, you have no clue, sorry

who said there was no God anyway?

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i guess as long as you dont address the post, you are good to go huh
again though, you have no clue, sorry

who said there was no God anyway?
I addressed your moronic post.
You do not know me nor what I know nor how I live.

A person who does not know the word does NOT KNOW GOD.

Empty heart= fool.
Now go away challenged one,don't bother me.