Garden of Eden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've often wondered how long Adam was in the garden before he fell. I think it could have been millillions years. I surely dont believe that God created him at 8 in the morning and by lunch time he fell. But thats the perception that is given when we talk of the fall.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've often wondered how long Adam was in the garden before he fell.
Me too.
I favor a very short period of time because he was commanded to go forth and multiply with Eve. Would not have taken long before they came together. ;) I see no reason why she would have trouble becoming pregnant almost immediately.
Eve became the mother of all the living after the fall. Gen 3:20

Reactions: St. Joseph

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too.
I favor a very short period of time because he was commanded to go forth and multiply with Eve. Would not have taken long before they came together. ;) I see no reason why she would have trouble becoming pregnant almost immediately.
Eve became the mother of all the living after the fall. Gen 3:20

But also,how long before Eve was created? It was after Adam named everything. That would take a while huh?

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But also,how long before Eve was created?
On the same day.

Gen 1
27 So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 And God blessed them [granting them certain authority] and said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth, and subjugate it [putting it under your power]; and rule over (dominate) the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and every living thing that moves upon the earth.” 29 So God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of the entire earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30 and to all the animals on the earth and to every bird of the air and to everything that moves on the ground—to everything in which there is the breath of life—I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so [because He commanded it]. 31 God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good and He validated it completely. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've often wondered how long Adam was in the garden before he fell. I think it could have been millillions years. I surely dont believe that God created him at 8 in the morning and by lunch time he fell. But thats the perception that is given when we talk of the fall.
We can only guess. But I think itnwouldn't take too long for their restraint to fail.

God created a beautiful Paradise for them to explore. He ordered Adam to name all the animals and botanicals. Adam had a photographic memory no doubt. So let's say there were 20,000 original kinds of animals and about 1000 botanicals (that eventually all generated into what we see today). Each day Adam & Eve went out to explore this massive Garden to accomplish this task. It would take some time. Avoiding one tree wasn't difficult when they had so much to interest them and consume their days, weeks and months - not to mention sex. No let's do mention that. It didn't take too long for them to figure out that activity and not too long for her to get pregnant. I would say that they got kicked out before she gave birth and that birth came with pain.
But back to their job. Let's imagine that this Garden was likely hundreds of square miles or more. If Adam could name 100 animals and botanicals per day while roaming through let's say five square miles a day, it would take 7 months before you finished the task. Animals themselves are fascinating. We relate to them and spend much time getting to know them. I submit that they knew the entire Garden and all that was in it before it was taken away.
From the beginning of their exploratory journey, they passed the forbidden fruit by many times and just discarded the thought, a mild temptation that they dismissed. But after completing tha task at hand, the temptation began to weigh heavier on them. They had enjoyed all there was to enjoy; and btw, God wanted them to experience all the the Garden offered before he knew they would fall. He wanted them to know completely the life they ruined and were being going to be deprived of.
It is likely God did not allow Satan to do his thing until enough time passed. Satan does wait for the right time to tempt us, when we are most vulnerable ... or filled up with everything else -- except that one thing missing.
So, there it is, my conjecture at best says they were there for less than nine months.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't remember suggesting Adam fell in four hours, but I don't think it took millions of years, either.