Gardening, Homesteading, Off-grid, etc

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow! That was awesome and even I can do that!!! Not living where I am right now though...someday maybe, going to save this video, ty!
You're welcome, sister ... I'm going to post more similar videos, and something called "back to Eden gardening." :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
You can lay those materials down over grass and weeds, even. Double or triple layer the cardboard and you won't have weeds for months and months. The wood chips help with that as well. I have used this method for flower gardens and it keeps weeds at bay almost the whole year. If any pop up, they are almost effortless to pull out because the soil is so loose and they dont have a chance to put deep roots down. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
You can lay those materials down over grass and weeds, even. Double or triple layer the cardboard and you won't have weeds for months and months. The wood chips help with that as well. I have used this method for flower gardens and it keeps weeds at bay almost the whole year. If any pop up, they are almost effortless to pull out because the soil is so loose and they dont have a chance to put deep roots down. :)

Now I have "farm" fever... :D

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy This is amazing. I will post a lot more by this man. But most of them are very long. I'll try to find snippets, but will also post the longer versions.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy A very very informative and interesting video on Back to Eden gardening ... very much worth watching. There is a lot of good Biblical principle shared in this video as well. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy A very very informative and interesting video on Back to Eden gardening ... very much worth watching. There is a lot of good Biblical principle shared in this video as well. :)
Grapes and figs!! "Under their vine and fig tree" Our OWN!
Yes, figs are a super food!
Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grapes and figs!! "Under their vine and fig tree" Our OWN!
Yes, figs are a super food!
Thanks for sharing. :)
Hi, Nancy, I hadn't seen you for a while and was wondering how you're doing.

We have a fig tree on our property, but I don't care for figs that much, or I would have made some fig preserves. :(

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Nancy, I hadn't seen you for a while and was wondering how you're doing.

We have a fig tree on our property, but I don't care for figs that much, or I would have made some fig preserves. :(

Hi Prayer Warrior,
I am not a huge fan of figs either...UNLESS their Fig Newtons :D But, I imagine there are many ways to cook with them.
I have been on and off of here...have taken some time to quiet my mind so as to hear The Lord. Sometimes this site can cause one to doubt and that is not a place I EVER want to be in again.
Thank you for your concern sister.
In Him always...
nancy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Prayer Warrior,
I am not a huge fan of figs either...UNLESS their Fig Newtons :D But, I imagine there are many ways to cook with them.
I have been on and off of here...have taken some time to quiet my mind so as to hear The Lord. Sometimes this site can cause one to doubt and that is not a place I EVER want to be in again.
Thank you for your concern sister.
In Him always...
nancy
I completely agree with you about figs and about this place. I pray a lot and try to stay in tune with the Holy Spirit. God forgive me when I fail!

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I completely agree with you about figs and about this place. I pray a lot and try to stay in tune with the Holy Spirit. God forgive me when I fail!

When I take my dogs to the off leash parklike setting park, it is there, or by the lake when I can draw nearer to Him in peace. The other day when I did take the dogs to the park, I asked Him, as I have many times why some things will not leave me for good as, I HATE when these things happen and beg Him to take them away. He immediately put into my mind the practice of spiritual warfare prayer. I've never really understood how to pray these kind of prayers, until that day after I got home. I prayed in His name to bind the spirit of frustration, criticism, judge-mentalism as, they have NO place in my home or my life in Christ. They do plague us from time to time...at least, they do me. And the conviction ALWAYS comes right away! Then the guilt and self condemnation. And, we know these are not of God.
I had asked Him to show me how to truly pray spiritual warfare prayers. And, I do believe He answered my prayer that day. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I take my dogs to the off leash parklike setting park, it is there, or by the lake when I can draw nearer to Him in peace. The other day when I did take the dogs to the park, I asked Him, as I have many times why some things will not leave me for good as, I HATE when these things happen and beg Him to take them away. He immediately put into my mind the practice of spiritual warfare prayer. I've never really understood how to pray these kind of prayers, until that day after I got home. I prayed in His name to bind the spirit of frustration, criticism, judge-mentalism as, they have NO place in my home or my life in Christ. They do plague us from time to time...at least, they do me. And the conviction ALWAYS comes right away! Then the guilt and self condemnation. And, we know these are not of God.
I had asked Him to show me how to truly pray spiritual warfare prayers. And, I do believe He answered my prayer that day. :)

I love this--spiritual warfare prayers! I'm glad to hear that God answered you and showed you what you needed to see! He's been doing the same for me some lately.

Sometimes, the Spirit moves on me something fierce to do warfare, and I cannot help but to war against our enemy. Many times, the Spirit moves on me to war in the Spirit, in my "prayer language." I don't know what you believe about this, but I see it as a way to pray where my mind doesn't get in the way of what the Spirit is praying through me. AND there are times the Spirit shows me in my mind what to pray, and I do that too! Like Paul talked about in 1 Cor 14.

I pray that you will be doubly blessed in your time with the Lord, and especially in your warfare against the enemy. I pray that as you take ground, you will see it! Lately, it seems like every time I talk to you, the Holy Spirit is strong on me and I end up in tears. :)

Sorry off topic, AJ!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this--spiritual warfare prayers! I'm glad to hear that God answered you and showed you what you needed to see! He's been doing the same for me some lately.

Sometimes, the Spirit moves on me something fierce to do warfare, and I cannot help but to war against our enemy. Many times, the Spirit moves on me to war in the Spirit, in my "prayer language." I don't know what you believe about this, but I see it as a way to pray where my mind doesn't get in the way of what the Spirit is praying through me. AND there are times the Spirit shows me in my mind what to pray, and I do that too! Like Paul talked about in 1 Cor 14.

I pray that you will be doubly blessed in your time with the Lord, and especially in your warfare against the enemy. I pray that as you take ground, you will see it! Lately, it seems like every time I talk to you, the Holy Spirit is strong on me and I end up in tears. :)

Sorry off topic, AJ!

Oh gosh! Don't want to make you cry! Lol.. God bless you sister.
My prayers have always been for the unsaved, issues with my friends and family, healing, and so on. But, when I really see warfare prayer for what it is, it is exactly that! To heal my brother's relationship with his son, to bind the spirits that are holding back the unsaved friends and loved ones, to bind the spirits that bring disease and death.
Yes, it really is all about that kind of prayer! Of course, we have the prayer of petition, thanksgiving, supplication and probably more.
But, to help free the lost, these things must be bound! Wow. I sure do love our God!
P.S.
Yes A.J. sorry off topic. We will behave now :D