Gardening, Homesteading, Off-grid, etc

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this--spiritual warfare prayers! I'm glad to hear that God answered you and showed you what you needed to see! He's been doing the same for me some lately.

Sometimes, the Spirit moves on me something fierce to do warfare, and I cannot help but to war against our enemy. Many times, the Spirit moves on me to war in the Spirit, in my "prayer language." I don't know what you believe about this, but I see it as a way to pray where my mind doesn't get in the way of what the Spirit is praying through me. AND there are times the Spirit shows me in my mind what to pray, and I do that too! Like Paul talked about in 1 Cor 14.

I pray that you will be doubly blessed in your time with the Lord, and especially in your warfare against the enemy. I pray that as you take ground, you will see it! Lately, it seems like every time I talk to you, the Holy Spirit is strong on me and I end up in tears. :)

Sorry off topic, AJ!
Actually, sis, as I was reading posts between you and @Nancy I was thinking, "How appropriate to be discussing our prayer lives in a gardening thread!"
Carry on, sisters!! ❤ :)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, sis, as I was reading posts between you and @Nancy I was thinking, "How appropriate to be discussing our prayer lives in a gardening thread!"
Carry on, sisters!! ❤ :)
Thanks, what a welcome relief from politics! Like a breath of fresh air!

And blessing to you too! I need to watch the videos on this thread. Someday I'm going to have a garden!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may also be able to register for free wood chips at a site called chipdrop.com.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may also be able to register for free wood chips at a site called chipdrop.com.
Thank you, hopefully one day, God will bless me with a house that has a nice small plot. Oh how awesome that would be!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Ppl getting done the last of what they can do in the yard, maybe, before the winter sets in; we were under snow last night already...
A lot of folks plant fall and winter gardens and prepare for spring gardens well in advance. I will share some examples.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something I enjoy a lot, watching other people's journeys related to homesteading and off-grid living. I watch for entertainment, as well as to learn from them how it's done. :)

I figured I'd share some videos from the YT channels I regularly watch.
There is another Ark to build:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk Take a look at this huge greenhouse build.

Now, at the end of this video, you'll see they still have a fall (soon to be winter) garden inside the greenhouse....in northern New Hampshire. :)

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something I enjoy a lot, watching other people's journeys related to homesteading and off-grid living. I watch for entertainment, as well as to learn from them how it's done. :)

I figured I'd share some videos from the YT channels I regularly watch.
Thank you for sharing these. :)

Many years ago I considered living off the grid. I subscribed back then to a healing herbs home study course. At that time the teacher also had a newsletter. One edition carried a real estate sales advertisement for an off the grid stone cabin deep in the Arkansas mountains for sale. New roof, all
hand hewn stone.
I telephoned the seller to inquire. Ten acres with a fresh water stream included. And the foundation of this cabin was one giant peace of rock. They'd dug down to make the foundation for their cabin and when they hit the rock just kept digging. And the cabin had a fireplace.
He emailed me pictures too.
How much? $5000.00!
"Is that too much?"
I almost fell on the floor.

Considering that drastic lifestyle change made me to look for how-to books to learn how to survive off grid.
That's when I discovered the Fox Fire book series. upload_2020-12-11_0-26-55.jpeg Six manuals that will teach you everything from how to skin animals and make clothing, to canning.
That property also had two giant gardens. One of vegetables and the other healing herbs. "We're too far from a doctor for anything to go wrong. You have to help yourself out here. " This explained why his ad was in a herbal healing teachers newsletter.

Long story made short. I didn't move and live off grid. The cabin owner informed me the area of Arkansas he was in was a bit close knit. What we call, Clannish. He'd been living there for 30 years and the locals still considered him a stranger.

Been there, done that. Clannish personalities were the deal breaker. That and the fact that in that area of the mountains then Arkansas Governor William Jefferson Clinton had allotted for huge parcels of state property to be used by companies looking to unload nuclear waste water.
"Nearly glows in the dark some nights!"
The other deal breaker? When a notice of correspondence coarse herb classes were being permanently suspended due to the death threat our teacher received just days before. One of those Clannish folk had knocked on her door. And when she opened it there was a 44 magnum handgun pointing straight at her face. The man behind the gun said, we know you worship Satan and if you don't get out you're dead.

Yeah, she left.