Gardening, Homesteading, Off-grid, etc

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something I enjoy a lot, watching other people's journeys related to homesteading and off-grid living. I watch for entertainment, as well as to learn from them how it's done. :)

I figured I'd share some videos from the YT channels I regularly watch.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this channel ....that always make me smile ...and laugh. :)

Reactions: WaterSong

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is something I enjoy a lot, watching other people's journeys related to homesteading and off-grid living. I watch for entertainment, as well as to learn from them how it's done. :)

I figured I'd share some videos from the YT channels I regularly watch.
@TLHKAJ Well, sometimes it is the wife rather than the husband who really has the flair for outdoor yard activities... (certainly true in our household... :) )

Reactions: WaterSong

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk Southern & tattooed ...lol
(I think it's excessive, but I really enjoy their YT channel.)
@TLHKAJ She has a flair for gardens....The thing about the South is that gardens have much longer summers than for example up here in Canada... :)

So what do you refer to as excessive...her tattoo sleeve? if so, I guess you mean it's bigger than the tattoos that your daughters have...

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ She has a flair for gardens....The thing about the South is that gardens have much longer summers than for example up here in Canada... :)

So what do you refer to as excessive...her tattoo sleeve? if so, I guess you mean it's bigger than the tattoos that your daughters have...
Yes, theirs are smaller ...but I wouldn't in any way condemn them if they were...

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, theirs are smaller ...but I wouldn't in any way condemn them if they were...

@TLHKAJ FYI, from Selecting a Tattoo Size - Tattoo.com

"For some reason, the size of the tattoo is something that a lot of first timers never really consider. Many assume that their tattoo will be the exact size of the design they have found online while others believe that the tattoo artist ultimately decides. The truth is big or small tattoos depend on the design in question and the decision of the future bearer. .. A lot of people who get tattoos, especially their first, are terrified of being stuck with a huge tattoo that they can’t easily hide. The idea of being stuck with a gigantic, permanent picture that will be present at inconvenient times encourages many to select a small tattoo design. A petite tattoo might seem like the safest route but it isn’t always the wisest. After choosing a beautiful tattoo, allowing it heal, and getting ready to show it off, many wish their tattoo was bigger. This wish often comes as a shock to those who thought they would be spending their lives keeping their tattoo out of sight."

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try watching the TV show "Alone".

These guys don't do a lot...they definitely make a ton of mistakes.

I'm into the second season...and the biggest thing is that they fight with loneliness. They whine constantly about hunger...but don't do much about it.
I seen where one guy spent 3 weeks building a canoe just to realize that he missed the salmon run.

None of them try to get salt for smoking and preserving salmon when they get too much food.
Not one has tried to build a tree stand to get a bear...
None are looking at building a really strong home for winter or the storms...they try to live day by day. And during storms there's no food. (Which can last for days)

Lots of stuff to do if they would just do it.

Building a good snare for those sea lions that eat your fish...

Maybe building a snare for other bigger game. Lots of fish hooks and trot lines. You don't ever stop gathering and preserving food.

I just don't understand these people.

Reactions: marks and TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

I'm into the second season...and the biggest thing is that they fight with loneliness. They whine constantly about hunger...but don't do much about it.
I seen where one guy spent 3 weeks building a canoe just to realize that he missed the salmon run.

None of them try to get salt for smoking and preserving salmon when they get too much food.
None are looking at building a really strong home for winter or the storms...they try to live day by day. And during storms there's no food. (Which can last for days)

Maybe building a snare for other bigger game. Lots of fish hooks and trot lines. You don't ever stop gathering and preserving food.

Well, up here in Canada for a lot of ppl the Great Outdoors is a whole way of life....

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I hope others will listen to this video. This is a homestead family whose channel I keep up with. This video has an important message on true humility in it if you listen to the end.

@lforrest This reminded me of your question to me in the MPD/DID thread about receiving outside help in our healing journey.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your post reminds me of a book I read as a child, but never forgot, My Side of the Mountain.

Anyone read that?

Much love!

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post reminds me of a book I read as a child, but never forgot, My Side of the Mountain.

Anyone read that?

Much love!

Read that one too...
There's another about a boy running off and hiding in an airplane which promptly crashed...and the boy has to hike out. It also involved a endangered species of crane...

But in it too he has to work non-stop to survive.

Those that try to homestead up in the extreme north without electricity or motorized assistance...those guys too have to work very hard to make a go of things. When the flies/gnats get so thick they look like black smoke....uggghhhh

Food storage for winter is a major thing.
Firewood for heating is also crucial.

Reactions: marks