Gay/Lesbian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
Think the problem for many is that they want us to accept both the sinner and the sin. They not only want us to be ok with them living as they wish, they want to be told it is ok to choose to live that way. We would treat a thief asking the same thing no differently.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Yes, that is a lot of the problem. It seems like they've come "out of the closet" and the Christians want to go "in the closet", so they won't have to say anything about anyone's lifestyle so as not to confront or hurt anyone's feelings. Let's be politically correct. I don't think we should pick on this one sin, but we all know it is sin. It is spelled out in OT and NT. I really get tired of hearing it said that people are born that way, as well, because we are all born with a sin nature. Perhaps my sin I struggle with is anger. Does that mean I do nothing about it? So I just punch everyone I see and scream and throw fits everywhere and live with no self-control? No. I ask the Lord to transform me and help me overcome the sin I struggle with like Paul in Romans 7. So many want the easy way out. Also, another problem with legalizing these homosexual marriages is where will it stop? Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C. is a member of my church and speaks there quite often. He goes around from state to state and speaks, fighting for Christian family values. He told us of a case where a man wanted to marry his horse-seriously!We died laughing, but this is the sick mentality of some people today! A regular Sodom and Gommorah! That's why it's important to fight for our values as Christians. Check out what's going on at frc.org.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
What I think is important is to remember that we are filled with the absolute love of Christ- God's very own Holy Spirit, which allows us to look at all humans through a lens of God's love- especially those who are lost. God fills our hearts with this love to an overwhelming capacity- and shows us that He loves all of His creation though so many choose to not follow His will. With someone who is claiming to be gay- it is true that we can love them- we can love each person so much! because they are creations of God, and they have the potential to turn their lives completely over to Christ- to become new creations in Him! Paul tells us in Corinthians 2:14-17:"But thanks be to God! For through what Christ has done, he has triumphed over us so that now wherever we go he uses us to tell others about the Lord and to spread the Gospel like a sweet perfume. As far as God is concerned there is a sweet, wholesome fragrance in our lives. It is the fragrance of Christi within us, an aroma to both the saved and the unsaved all around us. To those who are not being saved, we seem a fearful smell of death and doom, while to those who know Christ we are a life-giving perfume."And though we can often "turn people off" with our trust in Christ- we know and are familiar with our changes, and we can strive to share them with others so that they, too, can one day know the absolute blessings of following God. With friends and acquaintances who claim to be gay- we can do the utmost to show them Christ's love! If asked, we can tell them that we believe what they are doing is wrong, because it contradicts God's Holy Scripture, but that we too, were sinners before we turned out lives over to Christ and that we are only made different through Christ- otherwise we would perish by our sins. Instead of being ready to cast condemnation on those who ask questions, we can tell of God's greatness! We can tell of what He has done for us because we know in our hearts that the power and the change inside of us only comes from without of us- that we cannot have changed ourselves. Remember that Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save it!

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
A whole-hearted Amen!!!! We do not back down from truth, but we do not back away from loving either. It may be a hard thing to blend, but we need to learn to do it if we intend to be effective for Jesus!!!!! I really liked what you said. Anyone can "tell it like it is". What kind of self-control does that take? None. An aggressive non-Christian can do that quite well! But, on the contrary, like scripture says in Proverbs 10:19,"He who restrains his lips is wise." Again in Proverbs 29:11 we find,"A fool vents all of his feelings, but a wise man holds them back." I really like the scripture in Proverbs 25:28 that says, "Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls." And lastly, Proverbs 15:1 is what I repeat over and over to myself when I am feeling anger welling up within me, which says,"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." I do get angry at a lot of the injustices of sin around us. I do think Christians are getting a bad name and in some cases the are poorly misjudged. Jesus is certainly misjudged and misunderstood. But, one day it will all be clear. We want as many crowns as we can get to put as His feet so He will call us faithful. We will want many people to come up to us and say they are thankful we lead them to life; not just criticized them, but shined and "fleshed out" Christ to them. There is a lady I work with that I am almost positive is a homosexual. She has a roommate that does everything with her and she has never been married. People have questioned it. Some say they are sure. Some say they don't want to know because she is so nice. I have been extra-nice to her and have had a few occasions to speak with her. I am praying for that Holy Spirit divine appointment so that I can share Christ with her. Please be praying with me-anyone who reads this. I want to be sensitive to the right timing. I am ready when the Spirit says go. I do think I need to do it after school hours. I do not think I should be taking up my scheduled work hours to do that because I owe that time to my employer. By the way, I am not at school today typing this. I am waiting to go to the doctor. I am tired of fighting the sore throat, swollen throat glands, cough, fever,etc., so please pray for me about that too. I am most appreciative to my "family". Thanks!
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2008
We are instructed to give so much time for someone to repent and turn from their sins, if we begin to see a pattern of worldly sorrow vs Godly sorrow or even no sorrow or shame, here we turn these people over to the world and press onward toward heaven without their burden, and they will meet their own ends. So to be unevenly yoked with them could mean certain destruction for our own souls as well,there is alot of scripture to back this up. Instruction and the way to Holiness is laid before us. Righteousness is a stones throw away from any of us. These people are driven by a spirit that quite frankly, I want no part of, none of us should if we truly love the word of Jesus Christ we will not allow ourselves to be cotaminated with their filth. And the sorry state of the "church" sickens me.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Well, I have a question for you? Since you are Christ's Hands and feet on earth, what would He do? It's very true that we are to remain unstained by the world. We are not to fellowship with darkness. Bad company corrupts good morals. Of all of those scriptures I am well aware. I loathe the sin of homosexuality. It turns my stomach too. But, if we don't try to bring them out of it, who will? Now, if they choose to stay in it and have no use for the gospel and want to mock us, then yes we shake the dust off of our sandals and keep moving. Yes, we are to be careful as to not be dragged down by this. This is not a particular weakness for me. Also, the lady I spoke of doesn't have a "flaunt it" personality. Who is more effective for Christ? Someone who is honest in a spirit of kindness or hatred? People don't care what you know until they know that you care.If someone has been brought out of this sin and saved from it, then I don't advocate them going into these types of environments to witness unless they know they can stand strong. We that aren't under this temptation should pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance to have an opportune time to witness to them. Would you not do that if the Lord asked you to?I don't think anyone here is saying to put a stamp of approval on the lifestyle and tell them to come on in and worship and bring your partner too.It's not about trying to be a happy family and who cares what you do. That's not at all what's being said. How will they hear without a preacher?

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
And many Churches have missions to and open there doors to homosexuals. The line must be drawn however where we are asked or the suggestion made that loving them requires us to accept as ok, the active lifestyle of such people. It is not ok to live that way. And we do the sinner a dis-service in pretending or acting like it is ok for them to live in sin, that is not Love.

Jan 26, 2008
(His By Grace;34363)
Well, I have a question for you? Since you are Christ's Hands and feet on earth, what would He do? It's very true that we are to remain unstained by the world. We are not to fellowship with darkness. Bad company corrupts good morals. Of all of those scriptures I am well aware. I loathe the sin of homosexuality. It turns my stomach too. But, if we don't try to bring them out of it, who will? Now, if they choose to stay in it and have no use for the gospel and want to mock us, then yes we shake the dust off of our sandals and keep moving. Yes, we are to be careful as to not be dragged down by this. This is not a particular weakness for me. Also, the lady I spoke of doesn't have a "flaunt it" personality. Who is more effective for Christ? Someone who is honest in a spirit of kindness or hatred? People don't care what you know until they know that you care.If someone has been brought out of this sin and saved from it, then I don't advocate them going into these types of environments to witness unless they know they can stand strong. We that aren't under this temptation should pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance to have an opportune time to witness to them. Would you not do that if the Lord asked you to?I don't think anyone here is saying to put a stamp of approval on the lifestyle and tell them to come on in and worship and bring your partner too.It's not about trying to be a happy family and who cares what you do. That's not at all what's being said. How will they hear without a preacher?
I am one uncomely member my Brother. And to answer your question He would forgive them that seek His face, repent, and turn from there sins, and those who do not will be thrown into ever lasting fire by Him. Bibles are every where, and the word of God has been turned into lasciviousness by these people. Obviously they do not hear, and I sicken at their words. Jesus Christ has planted all over America, look at this Revelation 22:11. We live in these times and Jude 1:4 pertains to us as well. Find refuge in the Lord and our oppressors will melt from our minds. Thos is war and the enemy is strong. I am a heterosexual and I know that temptation, does this mean I should not do what is required of me to remain Holy in the Lord's eyes? Everyone's walk is different and requires different fruits meet for repentance.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(DrBubbaLove;34373)
And many Churches have missions to and open there doors to homosexuals. The line must be drawn however where we are asked or the suggestion made that loving them requires us to accept as ok, the active lifestyle of such people. It is not ok to live that way. And we do the sinner a dis-service in pretending or acting like it is ok for them to live in sin, that is not Love.
We can minister to and seek to win homosexuals to Christ without condoning their wicked lifestyle.

Jan 26, 2008
We must remember that dealing with the homo sexual is nothing more than an un-clean Spirit that is as purpose driven as the Spirit and Body of Christ. Our foe is a worthy enemy and his trickery is sharp. Once they've heard the word some may turn while others will not and Brother it is time to go. Jesus Himself has sewn the word pretty much all over the world, or maybe it is the entire world by now, it's done. It's time for the Holy to call it a wrap, and seperate to tend to the flock until His return. Amen.

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
(Jon-Marc;34490)
We can minister to and seek to win homosexuals to Christ without condoning their wicked lifestyle.
Absolutely! But that is not what many of them want, and some Churches have softened to accept both.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
(Ronnie seeks His face;34402)
I am one uncomely member my Brother. And to answer your question He would forgive them that seek His face, repent, and turn from there sins, and those who do not will be thrown into ever lasting fire by Him. Bibles are every where, and the word of God has been turned into lasciviousness by these people. Obviously they do not hear, and I sicken at their words. Jesus Christ has planted all over America, look at this Revelation 22:11. We live in these times and Jude 1:4 pertains to us as well. Find refuge in the Lord and our oppressors will melt from our minds. Thos is war and the enemy is strong. I am a heterosexual and I know that temptation, does this mean I should not do what is required of me to remain Holy in the Lord's eyes? Everyone's walk is different and requires different fruits meet for repentance.
Ronnie, do you not see what I am saying? Some people need to know that you care about them to come out of sin. They need to see a "real" Christian-Jesus to them. I, in no way, am saying to justify the sin. Also, we could use the excuse that there are T.V.'s around and radios, so why witness at all? We should do it because it's a commandment- the last words of Christ in His ascension(Matthew 28:19,20). That's why. By the way, I am a woman. Do you think I enjoy all of the gay marches,etc. NO WAY. But I have to put that aside and look at the person. They are also someone for whom Christ died. He loves them as much as he loves you and me. It is difficult. I'm not saying it's easy. If it was easy, everyone could do it-no need for the Holy Spirit's help.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I treat homosexuals no different from others except that they are not my friends. However, I talk to them no differently. There's a very friendly man here who lives with another man in a homosexual relationship. I've had some very nice chats with him. His "friend" isn't as sociable as he is. Of course, I've never given him the gospel and probably should, although I rarely see him out and about.

holdencaulfield

Feb 11, 2008
(Dukester;33182)
Here are my views,if you could give me some more information on why it is wrong it would be apreciated!!!I know it is wrong and have read the story's of Sodom and Gomorrah,but some of my old friends have started a gay alliance club and it bugs me,I have tried to explain this they just get madder,Homosexuality,is it really wrong,or is it right?Today there is a lot of problems concerning these issues.Gay rights or No Gay Rights,Should gay be allowed to marry etc.The opinion over this topic is changing,Many people are starting just to accept this gay lifestyle,and rather than going with Gods word and saying hey this is wrong,they are just sitting back doing nothing,which is causing a lot of problems.What I am trying to say is that even if our opinions have changed over time,has Gods...The answer is NORomans 1:18-32,Paul has said some harsh things about those who take part in this gay lifestyle(homosexuality,idolatry).Not only men But also Women who take part in this sin not only go against sin,But also go against Gods design of human life.If you think you will not be punished for this you will find yourself wrong.Although being "gay" is a sin,it is a unforgivable sin,Meaning even if you go gay you can always repent for your sins,if you truly mean it.God loves homosexuals just as much as he loves other people who do wrong.Meaning No God does not Hate them,but if they do comment this sin and do not ask for forgiveness they will not make it.Jesus died on the cross to pay for sins,lying,lust,pride,homosexuality etc.But not so we could just go and do it againHomosexuals like all sinners,are guilty in the eye of God,But they can be set free like I said by repenting the awful sin they have commitedMessage of Romans-and of the entire bible,JESUS WILL SET US FREE,FREE People don't you want that,Regardless of what we did.So this is just some of my views on Homosexuality
That's a good view.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Super Kal;33242)
Westboro Baptist Church is NOT a church... it is a cult.the only thing they know how to do is spread hate.
Do other churches have a better record in curbing homosexual activity?(I'm not suggesting that's the church's mission by the way, it isn't, but if you believe God views it as wrong, you should expect to see Christians taking the same view)

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
This is a topic I can comment on from first hand experience as a reformed lesbian with bisexual leanings who is now a faithful Christian. The first thing I will mention is that before accepting Jesus Christ as my Saviour and being born of the Holy Spirit into God's family, I was attracted to other females for as long as I can remember so I can relate to those who also claim to be born that way.As a Christian, I am also well aware of the fact that I was born a sinner, as we all are, and my previous sexual pursuits were sinful. So, what does this mean for me now? Does it mean that all of a sudden God has changed me into being a woman who is now attracted only to men? In my case, no. What has happened to me as a direct result of receiving the Holy Spirit to guide me is that I no longer feel the desire or need for ANY sexual partner, male or female. I simply don't have room for that in my walk with Christ at this time and I am more than happy to dedicate all my time to my life as a Disciple of Christ.I do not know what will happen in future as far as relationships go but one thing I can say is that I have no desire to ever be in a sinful relationship.My deepest thanks and praise go to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ for transforming me completely as a Christian.For those who are not sure whether or not to share the Gospel with homosexual men and women, if somebody hadn't shared it with me, I would not be transformed and saved today! Stop and think what God is going to ask you on judgement day about the opportunities you rejected to share His Holy message of salvation and what His response will be when you say you rejected those opportunities.

Dagda

Dec 10, 2008
Personal views:-With regards to American politics, the idea of banning gay marriage is ridiculous. Marriage as officiated by the state and marriage as described in the bible have been two separate concepts for decades. Regardless of your views on the morality of homosexual relationships, this isn't a matter for the government to decide.-The evidence clearly indicates that one's sexual orientation is not a choice, and that there is limited amounts of genetic predisposition (which ironically means that there will be a factor causing the number of homosexuals in a society that openly accepts gay relationships to decrease). -I don't feel qualified to say whether a homosexual couple is "really" in love, or to declare that the sexual aspect of such a relationship is an abomination in the eyes of the lord. Yes, there are bible passages that provide valid cause for concern- but if I acknowledge my human limitations in judgment and perception, then I cannot in good conscience do more than make people aware of these causes for concern and urge them to weigh them carefully. (And of course, if they don't believe in God then there's a more important issue here.)-On the other hand, all of us are tempted to live in a carnally-minded fashion regardless of sexual orientation (even including complete asexuality). This, in my mind, is currently a much more urgent message to communicate to people in our modern society.

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(ForYou;33182)
Here are my views,if you could give me some more information on why it is wrong it would be apreciated!!!I know it is wrong and have read the story's of Sodom and Gomorrah,but some of my old friends have started a gay alliance club and it bugs me,I have tried to explain this they just get madder,Homosexuality,is it really wrong,or is it right?Today there is a lot of problems concerning these issues.Gay rights or No Gay Rights,Should gay be allowed to marry etc.The opinion over this topic is changing,Many people are starting just to accept this gay lifestyle,and rather than going with Gods word and saying hey this is wrong,they are just sitting back doing nothing,which is causing a lot of problems.What I am trying to say is that even if our opinions have changed over time,has Gods...The answer is NORomans 1:18-32,Paul has said some harsh things about those who take part in this gay lifestyle(homosexuality,idolatry).Not only men But also Women who take part in this sin not only go against sin,But also go against Gods design of human life.If you think you will not be punished for this you will find yourself wrong.Although being "gay" is a sin,it is a unforgivable sin,Meaning even if you go gay you can always repent for your sins,if you truly mean it.God loves homosexuals just as much as he loves other people who do wrong.Meaning No God does not Hate them,but if they do comment this sin and do not ask for forgiveness they will not make it.Jesus died on the cross to pay for sins,lying,lust,pride,homosexuality etc.But not so we could just go and do it againHomosexuals like all sinners,are guilty in the eye of God,But they can be set free like I said by repenting the awful sin they have commitedMessage of Romans-and of the entire bible,JESUS WILL SET US FREE,FREE People don't you want that,Regardless of what we did.So this is just some of my views on Homosexuality
ForYou, No man's opinion holds any water or has any weight. What God's opinion is makes a great difference, because it means our everlasting life. Most homosexuals do not care what God thinks about their life. They have made up their mind to do what they want to do, in spite of the consequences. Ther are several place in the Holy Scriptures that tell us God;s will, about homosexuals, THE THIRD SEX. God has not changed, Mal 3:6, His feeling is the wsame today as in the past. Lev 20:13, says that a man lying down with a man the same as a woman, both should be put to death, without fail. 1Cor 6:9,10 tells us that men who commit homosexual acts will NOT be in his God's Kingdom. Everyone not in the Kingdom will be in the Lake of Fire, the second death, Rev 20:15, 21:8. 1Tim 1:8-11, put homosexuals in the company of the worst of the worst. Destiny?? Lake of Fire!!! At Romans 1:26-32, homosexuals are again placed in the very worse association, all ending in death, which means the Lake of Fire. Of course, people can change and God wants homosexuals to repent, turn around and He will save them. God does not want to destroy anyone, but in order to bring this planet to a paradise condition God must destroy all who disobey Him, Rom 3:5,6, Col 3:5,6, 2Pet 3:9,10. The DAY mentioned here is the Day of Vengence, Armageddon, in which all who do not obey Jesus will be destroyed forever, 2Thes 1:6-9.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
Under the pretense of tolerance we are being poisoned with gay and lesbian perversion. Webster’s definition of tolerance: 1 a) a tolerating or being tolerant, especially of views, beliefs, practices, etc. of others that differ from ones own
cool.gif
freedom from bigotry or prejudice Most people are tolerant of gays and lesbians. Tolerant of their opinions, convictions, behavior, and appearance. Woe unto them that cause one to stumble and that is exactly what these low-lifes are doing. They want to promote their disgusting views, beliefs, and practices. Openly and aggressively normalizing their repulsive lifestyles. Seeking governmental recognition of their ungodly unions. Redefining the word family. Writing illustrated children’s books, “Heather Has Two Mommies,” which discusses artificial insemination, and “Daddy’s Roommate,” which included an illustration of two men in bed together. They are not to be considered our neighbors. These lethal asps would then inject their venom into you by saying “you are homophobic.”Webster’s definition of homophobia: irrational hatred or fear of homosexuals or homosexualityMost people are very sensible with their repugnance and anxiety caused by these vipers demoralizing our society. Tolerance Yes, Acceptable No !!!

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
I have never been able to tolerate of gays and lesbians, I can't help it, I was born this way... for as long as I can remember I have always been disgusted and repulsed by gays and lesbians. I think there is government research going on now to prove that there is an anti-gay gene... and we will soon have our own lobby groups promoting our special interests in congress.... and I am tired of people like gays and lesbians trying to tell me what to think on this issue, they are heterophobic!!! and ought to be guilty of hate crimes for trying to force their views on everyone else!!
wink.gif
blessings,ken