Gay/Lesbian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
Most people that have this kind of reprobate (rejected) mind are heterophobic and Christophobic. We do need laws to protect against this kind of "hate crime". I can never remember that Scripture where people make right wrong and wrong right, prophecy fulfilled. Exactly where does the politically correct fit in? I guess the politically correct fit in the spineless and two-faced category of reprobate mind.

Dagda

Dec 10, 2008
(epistemaniac;66581)
I have never been able to tolerate of gays and lesbians, I can't help it, I was born this way
Um.(epistemaniac;66581)
I think there is government research going on now to prove that there is an anti-gay gene.
That. . .what does that even mean?(epistemaniac;66581)
And we will soon have our own lobby groups promoting our special interests in congress.
You've had them for centuries.(epistemaniac;66581)
I am tired of people like gays and lesbians trying to tell me what to think on this issue, they are heterophobic!
Help! They're trying to explain their point of view at me! I can't last much longer!(epistemaniac;66581)
and ought to be guilty of hate crimes for trying to force their views on everyone else!
ಠ_ಠ(epistemaniac;66581)
wink.gif

Based off this, I'm going to be optimistic and hope you're trying to satirize commentary against homophobia. In which case the logic of your post still doesn't work- there's a difference between one's sexual orientation and one's perceptions regarding a given group.

Dagda

Dec 10, 2008
Wayne Murray. . .I started writing up a long response, but in the end what I have to say boils down to this: For one who condemns others as poisonous vipers, you seem to be carrying alot of venom yourself.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I think that the term vipers that Wayne is using is just a biblical term. If the shoe fits, wear it.I'm glad in a way that they took that cross out of the elderly lady's arms and stomped on it. It just goes to show without question what their true position is.Like it or lump it, the bible clearly teaches against it. I would have far more respect if one unwilling to give up their homosexuality would just flatly deny the bible and stomp on the cross instead of holding some superstitious grasp to it in hopes that God will somehow bypass all this. I get tired of the bible being wrested to say something it is not just to fit their notions. Just my opinion, but maybe God will not judge the cross stumper as severely as the wrester because the Lord can tolerate a solid position one way or the other far better than taking His word, twisting it, being Lukewarm, and then stamping His name on it all in the name of "judge not lest ye be judged". That's severely quoted out of context.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(Dagda;66624)
Wayne Murray. . .I started writing up a long response, but in the end what I have to say boils down to this: For one who condemns others as poisonous vipers, you seem to be carrying alot of venom yourself.
Go for it, a long response would reveal much. I guess people should close their eyes, keep their mouths shut, and just let "it" happen.In case you are wondering, "it" is spiritual death. In your opinion, Watchman on the wall should not sound the alarm and warn of the approaching enemy.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Wayne Murray;66678)
QUOTE (Dagda;66624)
Go for it, a long response would reveal much. I guess people should close their eyes, keep their mouths shut, and just let "it" happen.In case you are wondering, "it" is spiritual death. In your opinion, Watchman on the wall should not sound the alarm and warn of the approaching enemy.These days... I am reminded of this wisdom that's been standing throughout the years.Evil triumph when good men does nothing.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
What we must understand is that with any sin or sinner we must go to them in love. I know that a liberal perspective would have us accept their chosen lifestyle as normal and that if we love them then we will allow them to love who they choose. This is a false perspective because Jesus never condoned sin to make someone feel good. he repeatedly said "Go and sin no more". People like to bring up they were born that way or God created them that way so it is fine. These too are false statements because God did not create anyone to sin but people are born sinners. Should we condone a murderer because he was born a murderer, Lord forbid. Should we condone a pedophile because he was born a pedophiles, Lord forbid. No sin should be condoned no matter how great or small it may be because the Lord sees all sin as wrong and if you commit the least of these sins you have commited them all.Christ gave us the opportunity to turn the entire world to Him and we have failed because many Christians were and are afraid to condemn sin. The bad things of this world have continued to get worse because of lukewarm Christians. So step up and do the Lords work and stop holding onto the ways of this world.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(RobinD69;66717)
What we must understand is that with any sin or sinner we must go to them in love. I know that a liberal perspective would have us accept their chosen lifestyle as normal and that if we love them then we will allow them to love who they choose. This is a false perspective because Jesus never condoned sin to make someone feel good. he repeatedly said "Go and sin no more". People like to bring up they were born that way or God created them that way so it is fine. These too are false statements because God did not create anyone to sin but people are born sinners. Should we condone a murderer because he was born a murderer, Lord forbid. Should we condone a pedophile because he was born a pedophiles, Lord forbid. No sin should be condoned no matter how great or small it may be because the Lord sees all sin as wrong and if you commit the least of these sins you have commited them all.Christ gave us the opportunity to turn the entire world to Him and we have failed because many Christians were and are afraid to condemn sin. The bad things of this world have continued to get worse because of lukewarm Christians. So step up and do the Lords work and stop holding onto the ways of this world.
Our spectrum of love is a wide range, from your spouse or children at one end to your pet or food at the other end. All Christ taught was to keep people on your spectrum of love, which sometimes includes tough love. There is one place where Christ says "hate", and this word actually means (love less). As to "hate the sin and love the sinner", this is a good policy because we are not to judge, but a habitual sinner is totally different. Plus, does this apply to murderers and thieves?

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
(Dagda;66622)
Um.That. . .what does that even mean?You've had them for centuries.Help! They're trying to explain their point of view at me! I can't last much longer!ಠ_ಠBased off this, I'm going to be optimistic and hope you're trying to satirize commentary against homophobia. In which case the logic of your post still doesn't work- there's a difference between one's sexual orientation and one's perceptions regarding a given group.
it is satire.... and of course my perceptions of a person's sexual preferences are different than those sexual preferences themselves, but that is really not the point....... if gays can claim that their sexual orientation entitles them to special treatment, and that no one has a right to disagree with their lifestyle, then they are trying to use special interest lobbying groups to try to take away both my freedom of speech and shove their beliefs (homosexuality is a permissible lifestyle) down my throat.... if I think homosexuality is an abomination, if I think that the bible clearly denounces this behavior as abhorrent, then I have a right to take this very same opinion of the behavior, and it is not a hate crime to think this way.... any more than it is a hate crime to feel the same about NAMBLA... of course my religious beliefs do not entitle me to physically threaten gays or lesbians, I have no right to harm them physically in any way, but my stating my views about their sexual preferences is not physically harmful to them. This is where the confusion starts, because gays, for some reason, think that I am harming them by my denouncing their lifestyle. I am not. I have a right to make moral judgments, even judgments they do not personally agree with. After all, they are doing exactly the same when they disagree with me, are they not? Maybe they do not particularly care for evangelical Christians, maybe they think belief in God is foolish, etc etc... they are entirely entitled to these opinions, just as I am to mine.IOW, if I am homophobic for denouncing their lifestyle, I fail to see how they are not therefore heterophobic when I claim that heterosexuality is the only permissible expression of sexuality. And I guess even if they or you disagree with this point, it does not change the fact that I can consider them heterophoblic nonetheless. They may think that "allowing" me to be heterosexual, while my not allowing tolerating homosexuality is somehow very different. That is, they are not trying to stop heterosexuals from being heterosexuals, they just want to demand that people allow them to be homosexuals. But in this very process they are trying to redefine marriage and the family as created by God. I personally think that anyone who tries to go against the created order deserves severe condemnation. They are telling me that my views and opinions of what is acceptable in the realm of sexuality is in fact incorrect, and they are trying to demand legitimizing their behavior, and this is just not something I am going to allow them or anyone trying to defend their views, to do.blessings,ken

Dagda

Dec 10, 2008
(Wayne Murray;66678)
Go for it, a long response would reveal much.
Well, regarding homosexuals: It sounds like you hate them. It sounds like you think they deliberately set out to go against the teachings of God (rather than setting out on a course of action without taking God's word into account one way or another). It sounds like the hundreds of other times I've heard people from all walks of life take the shortcut of dismissing a different view on the assumption that said difference springs solely from some personal weakness, rather than having to deal with the possibility that the person behind that view is an intelligent human being who works off some sense of right and wrong- which in turn means that you have to actually figure out how that person's view works, and then show them where and how you'd say they go astray. Respecting others' views doesn't mean you can't think and say those views are wrong.Try to see this from the point of view of a gay man or woman raised in an atheist, American household. They grow up normally, go to school, love their mom and dad. At some point in middle or high school, they realize that they're attracted to their own gender and not the opposite one, a possibility they may or may not have already been aware of. They may wish this wasn't the case, if only because it makes their life more difficult in several ways (similar to someone wishing they hadn't been born left-handed). They know few or no Christians firsthand, forming their image of them mostly through what they see the media; they know what lifestyles most Christians say are wrong, but don't understand the underlying reasons.And then they meet you.This may happen some day. It may well have happened already. The two of you have a chance to interact, and you're aware of their sexual orientation- while to them, you are a rare firsthand experience with Christianity, a chance to see what this subgroup of society is really like.In one version of this scenario, your interactions with them are filled with the same venom I see in your posts in this thread- you refer to them as disgusting, repulsive, a low-life and a poisonous influence upon others. When you tell them their soul is on its way to hell, they get the distinct impression that you derive satisfaction from the idea.In the other, you instead seek to show compassion. When you tell them their soul is on its way to hell, their impression is of someone trying to warn them that they're in danger- to save them.In which version of this scenario do they listen?

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(Dagda;66726)
Well, regarding homosexuals: It sounds like you hate them. It sounds like you think they deliberately set out to go against the teachings of God (rather than setting out on a course of action without taking God's word into account one way or another). It sounds like the hundreds of other times I've heard people from all walks of life take the shortcut of dismissing a different view on the assumption that said difference springs solely from some personal weakness, rather than having to deal with the possibility that the person behind that view is an intelligent human being who works off some sense of right and wrong- which in turn means that you have to actually figure out how that person's view works, and then show them where and how you'd say they go astray. Respecting others' views doesn't mean you can't think and say those views are wrong.Try to see this from the point of view of a gay man or woman raised in an atheist, American household. They grow up normally, go to school, love their mom and dad. At some point in middle or high school, they realize that they're attracted to their own gender and not the opposite one, a possibility they may or may not have already been aware of. They may wish this wasn't the case, if only because it makes their life more difficult in several ways (similar to someone wishing they hadn't been born left-handed). They know few or no Christians firsthand, forming their image of them mostly through what they see the media; they know what lifestyles most Christians say are wrong, but don't understand the underlying reasons.And then they meet you.This may happen some day. It may well have happened already. The two of you have a chance to interact, and you're aware of their sexual orientation- while to them, you are a rare firsthand experience with Christianity, a chance to see what this subgroup of society is really like.In one version of this scenario, your interactions with them are filled with the same venom I see in your posts in this thread- you refer to them as disgusting, repulsive, a low-life and a poisonous influence upon others. When you tell them their soul is on its way to hell, they get the distinct impression that you derive satisfaction from the idea.In the other, you instead seek to show compassion. When you tell them their soul is on its way to hell, their impression is of someone trying to warn them that they're in danger- to save them.In which version of this scenario do they listen?
Neither.Either way your telling the person they are wrong. Not only in how they act sexually but what they believe.I myself am a perfect example. I used to be a Catholic but no longer. You would think that my parents would listen to what I have to say. I mean after all I am their son and they trust me more than the average person/stranger. Not only that on the topic of salvation I especially wouldn't lie to anyone let alone my parents. However this has not worked they have not listened to their own son. I assure you I didn't come across has hateful or anything to that tune they just didn't want to believe me. Why? because that means they are wrong. People hate it when they are wrong. The problem is everyone is wrong. This is the point. We have to admit it and change.However I do agree that you should not come across as hateful. However I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle. Its a sin just like any other.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(Dagda;66726)
I see, speak not right things but speak smooth things.Very revealing, do you reverence God, yes or no? There is no fence post for you to spin around on and check which way the wind is blowing. Pro.8:13 The fear (reverence) of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.Very revealing, calling evil by its name is a shortcut of dismissing a different view. Now I have heard everything.Very revealing, evil has a view and behind that view is an intelligent human being that works off some sense of right and wrong. So rejecting right as wrong and accepting wrong as right is some sense and not a conscious decision. I was wrong, now I have heard everything.You seem to want to portray me as the serpent injecting venom. This kind of spin is laughable. So now you are trying to redefine boldness for God as venom.Try to see this from their point of view, okay. Would I promote unclean and unnatural acts, no? Would I attempt to destroy family and all that is good, no? Would I call right wrong and wrong right, no? Would I call evil a point of view to be considered, no? Would I call doing evil a conscious decision, yes.Isa 30:8 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: Isa 30:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: Isa 30:10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits: Isa 30:11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us. Isa 30:12 Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon: Isa 30:13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
I have talked with many gays online trying to reach out to them and no matter what you say or how you say it they are going to take offense if you do not agree with them. Even pointing out that you love them and you are merely concerned for their eternal soul they only see hatred for themselves.I have even shared some pretty liberal verses with them which they are willing to accept until I offer the context of the verses and then it is back to hatred. If I hated these people I would not be a Christian and in not being a Christian and using their own perspective of justification perhaps I would be the murderer that caused them physical harm and death. Christ saved me from such things to where I am willing to reach out to them in love rather than beat and kill them. They do not associate the two, they do not see the rationalization. As a matter of fact they get offended and say to me how dare to compare homosexuality to murder, but that is exactly what it is, it draws people away from God and sentences them to eternal punishment, but we cannot say that to them because them we are being hateful again. There is no winning when their minds are so twist with than of their sin.

Dagda

Dec 10, 2008
(Wayne Murray;66741)
I see, speak not right things but speak smooth things.
That's precisely the point I'm going out of my way not to make. I'm not talking about whether a homosexual lifestyle is right or wrong, I'm talking about the importance of remembering to love the sinner despite hating the sin, and arguing that a failure of compassion in this regard can and will hamstring one's attempts to testify regarding God's love for us. (Wayne Murray;66741)
calling evil by its name is a shortcut of dismissing a different view.
Not necessarily- I'm saying that our flawed natures make it difficult to correctly discern what is evil, and that acknowledging this entails a good deal more mental legwork before you're ready to point out the evil in a given situation. But the alternative- to work off the assumption that your current interpretation of God's word is indeed the one true and correct interpretation, and say that the reason others disagree with your view is simply that they aren't as brave/smart/wise as you. . .that, in my mind, is an excellent example of the sins of arrogance and pride. It's assumptions like that which allow human beings who do evil to comfortably maintain the notion that they're doing the right thing; they never take possibility that they're doing evil into account.Note that just because I'm disagreeing with you on these counts does not mean I'm advocating some other extreme, like rejecting all notions of morality, or denying the bible's importance as a source of guidance, or using the inherent unattainability of perfection as an excuse for failing to try and do better.I'd like to continue this discussion, but right now I'm about to leave on a family trip for several days- any further comments on my part will have to wait.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(Dagda;66752)
That's precisely the point I'm going out of my way not to make. I'm not talking about whether a homosexual lifestyle is right or wrong, I'm talking about the importance of remembering to love the sinner despite hating the sin, and arguing that a failure of compassion in this regard can and will hamstring one's attempts to testify regarding God's love for us. Not necessarily- I'm saying that our flawed natures make it difficult to correctly discern what is evil, and that acknowledging this entails a good deal more mental legwork before you're ready to point out the evil in a given situation. But the alternative- to work off the assumption that your current interpretation of God's word is indeed the one true and correct interpretation, and say that the reason others disagree with your view is simply that they aren't as brave/smart/wise as you. . .that, in my mind, is an excellent example of the sins of arrogance and pride. It's assumptions like that which allow human beings who do evil to comfortably maintain the notion that they're doing the right thing; they never take possibility that they're doing evil into account.Note that just because I'm disagreeing with you on these counts does not mean I'm advocating some other extreme, like rejecting all notions of morality, or denying the bible's importance as a source of guidance, or using the inherent unattainability of perfection as an excuse for failing to try and do better.I'd like to continue this discussion, but right now I'm about to leave on a family trip for several days- any further comments on my part will have to wait.
The Habitual sinner is quite different. Maybe you should learn the difference between sin and a habitual sinner. We all sin and fall short. The habitual sinner does not care about anything, they are evil. Evidently you cannot except that. The habitual sinner will only use the love you attempt to show for them. Spin your ideas and opinions on someone who does not know any better. To show love for/to evil is wrong until the evil stops, and then only God knows the reigns of our heart.

Aquila

Jun 18, 2008
I believe that there is a genetic connection to homosexual attraction. That means that it's definately a "lust of the flesh". The person who is predisposed to this sin and commits it often lives under such a stigma and such condemnation that they become spiritually and emotionally wounded, often beyond repair. However, nothing is impossible with God. I don't think a gay person can just "choose" to be straight. Think about it, those who think that a gay person can just choose to be straight obviously feel that they could just choose to be gay. However, I know that things just wouldn't "work" if I were to even try to be gay. So I don't think it's so much of a choice. I think they develop a predisposition to this attraction and those who give in get hooked so to speak because their biology responds better etc. For them, because of their genetics, it feels more normal. That's why I believe that it takes a supernatural touch from God to change a homosexual. I believe that God has to heal their flesh (specificaly their genetics), their emotions, and their spirit. The entire person has to experience a miraculous healing. So there's no need to demand that they choose to change. We can only lead them to Christ...just as they are...and pray with them that God heals them miraculously. That will take patience and understanding because no doubt they will fall and falter. As for "gay marriage", I see it as a political issue. Sure, they should have the right to marry whoever they choose. However, I believe that the church should refuse to conduct, bless, or recognize any homosexual marriage. If they want to be "married", let them go to a justice of the peace or another duly authorized civil authority.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(Aquila;66991)
I don't think a gay person can just "choose" to be straight. Think about it, those who think that a gay person can just choose to be straight obviously feel that they could just choose to be gay. However, I know that things just wouldn't "work" if I were to even try to be gay. So I don't think it's so much of a choice. I think they develop a predisposition to this attraction and those who give in get hooked so to speak because their biology responds better etc. For them, because of their genetics, it feels more normal.
Your words, "I think", "I believe", "I know", do you have more wisdom than God?Rom.1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Became vain (Greek, mataioo) foolish, morally wicked.Rom.1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Became fools (Greek, moraino) literally were fooled by their perverted mind.Rom.1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Uncleanness (Greek, akatharsia) impurity, physically or morallyRom.1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: Vile affections (Greek, atimia) passions of infamy (disgrace).Rom.1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Unseemly (Greek, aschemosune) indecency, shame.Rom.1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Reprobate (Greek, adokimos) rejected, worthless, castaway. Rom.1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.Wake up to His truth !!Your opinions are worthless.

Aquila

Jun 18, 2008
(Wayne Murray;66992)
Your words, "I think", "I believe", "I know", do you have more wisdom than God?Rom.1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Became vain (Greek, mataioo) foolish, morally wicked.Rom.1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Became fools (Greek, moraino) literally were fooled by their perverted mind.Rom.1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Uncleanness (Greek, akatharsia) impurity, physically or morallyRom.1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: Vile affections (Greek, atimia) passions of infamy (disgrace).Rom.1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Unseemly (Greek, aschemosune) indecency, shame.Rom.1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Reprobate (Greek, adokimos) rejected, worthless, castaway. Rom.1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.Wake up to His truth !!Your opinions are worthless.
Men sin when they are led away by their own lusts. Many of those lusts are rooted in THE FLESH. What is THE FLESH? The flesh is this humanity, this human body that we have. It's made up of genetics and other biological aspects. When one has homosexual attraction it very well may be rooted in the flesh (their genetics). However, they CHOOSE to engage in this lifestyle, and on that level they are responsible for acting upon the impulses of their FLESH. Therefore the remedy isn't beating them over the head demanding that they change. They CAN'T change themselves. Even if they managed to gain enough control to eliminate the behavior, they'll still be "gay" with gay attractions. What they need is a HEALING, a touch from God, that touches their entire being. Homosexuals need to be healed and sanctified. This war against the sinner is taking away from our mission. To administer healing and deliverance to a lost and struggling humanity.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(Aquila;66996)
Men sin when they are led away by their own lusts. Many of those lusts are rooted in THE FLESH. What is THE FLESH? The flesh is this humanity, this human body that we have. It's made up of genetics and other biological aspects. When one has homosexual attraction it very well may be rooted in the flesh (their genetics). However, they CHOOSE to engage in this lifestyle, and on that level they are responsible for acting upon the impulses of their FLESH. Therefore the remedy isn't beating them over the head demanding that they change. They CAN'T change themselves. Even if they managed to gain enough control to eliminate the behavior, they'll still be "gay" with gay attractions. What they need is a HEALING, a touch from God, that touches their entire being. Homosexuals need to be healed and sanctified. This war against the sinner is taking away from our mission. To administer healing and deliverance to a lost and struggling humanity.
Please learn the difference between a sinner and a habitual sinner, or don't and remain ignorant.

The White Wolf

Dec 18, 2008
To everyone who promotes hate for homosexuals, think oh what christ himself would do when he would talk to a homosexual.Would he call them names? NO!Would he degrade them? NO!Would he take away their humanity? NO!Would he banish them to hell? NO!Would he say that "God hates fags"?(Westboro) NO!He would say: "Amen, amen I say to you. I hope you soon discover the light of the Lord."To the rest of you that promote hate for homosexuals, GROW UP, and try to understand the love that Christ and our Lord wish to promote. Responding to sin with hate will only force them to continue their sin. The only way to reach out to those who sin is with the love of our Lord.People like those in the Westboro Church have no right to call themselves followers with the hate they promote.