Gender, sex, and marriage in heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus says in Mark 12:
25 For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
Paul tells us that the marriage we experience on earth is only a shadow of the true marriage in heaven, Ephesians 5:
31“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.
Galatians 3:
28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
The marriage between God and the church will replace the marriage between a man and a woman.
Revelation 19:
9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!”
In heaven, we are all sons of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender, sex, and marriage in heaven?

Marriage in heaven…? No such thing.

Male and Female Humans have had 6,000+ years to Practice being Faithful to one husband / wife relationship.

If a human HAS become adjoined with the Lord God Almighty, via the Baptism of the Holy Spirit… it’s a done deal…OSAS.
Faithful Forever; WITH the Lord God Almighty Forever. No sex, No reproduction.
God IS their God Forever…
The People are His People, His Inheritance Forever.

Glory to God,
Taken

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No man has seen, no man has heard, the things which God has prepared for those who love him. Surely God does know for sure.

To me thinking about it, it would seem the word “spirit” is considered non gendered (somehow I remember seeing but perhaps need to go back and see) however I think about the many people whom were invited on the outside and welcomed into the wedding banquet which is a showing of God divorcing Israel with the man who though he belonged in there and was bounded and taken outside. In which a new bride now be created by and through a spotless, perfect, blameless believers who lived very righteous lives even while adding the law into their lives in order to see the picture and types and spiritually learned lessons which one can come up with by looking and seeking Yahavah out in faith in spirit and in truth.

The Father seems for all to be able to come to the knowledge of the Son of God, whom is the truth, the way, and the life which beings forth new life. Rest. Seeing the world in a new light with God reconciling the world unto himself in Christ.

Loving and living with God indwelling you, as continue to desire to place Yahavah in your life, in your prayers and supplications, and prayers for others, your heart will grow if you allow

God in you to work on your own soul, which was what God breathed into every birth that comes along the way, no matter the condition, blind, dead or lame.

God created all people, and gives them the breathe of life every day always calling to anyone who listen to seeks and understand he is a God who near and not far away, and no one is ever so far away that they can not change their mind in repentance.

When it comes to will there be different genders? I don’t know. There are talked about differing glories as such as the stars that shine at night. Will there be distinctive differences with understanding that though we are resurrected we still can see “grandma” “grandpa” by the spirit and you are able to rejoice in the kingdom and enjoy feasts with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, remember when Jesus spoke about that?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says in Mark 12:

Paul tells us that the marriage we experience on earth is only a shadow of the true marriage in heaven, Ephesians 5:

Galatians 3:

The marriage between God and the church will replace the marriage between a man and a woman.
Revelation 19:

If I remember correctly, Jesus said there'd be no husbands and wives in heaven. I think there'll be gender, though.

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wouldn’t be heaven, if there was husbands and wives. lol

• Haha
Reactions: MA2444

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus says in Mark 12:25 For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
Jesus was answering a trick question put to him...
"Now the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came and asked him: 19 “Teacher, Moses wrote us that if someone’s brother dies and leaves a wife behind but does not leave a child, his brother should take the wife and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 There were seven brothers. The first took a wife, but when he died he left no offspring. 21 And the second married her but died without leaving offspring, and the third the same way. 22 And all seven left no offspring. Last of all, the woman also died. 23 In the resurrection, whose wife will she be? For the seven had her as a wife.” 24 Jesus said to them: “Is not this why you are mistaken, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God? 25 For when they rise from the dead, neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but they are as angels in the heavens." (Mark 12:18-25)

The background to that question had to do with the Sadducee unbelief regarding the resurrection.
For Jews, the resurrection was entirely earthly, so asking this question was trying to catch Jesus out, but he responded with the destiny of anointed Christian...those who will rule with Christ in heaven. Those who reside in heaven are spirit beings who have no gender because they were created not reproduced like humans were.

This does not mean the end of marriage on earth, as the ones who go through the great tribulation will still marry and produce children.
One of my favorite prophesies is Isaiah 65:1-23, where God says...

"For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things will not be called to mind,
Nor will they come up into the heart.
18 So exult and be joyful forever in what I am creating.

For look! I am creating Jerusalem a cause for joy
And her people a cause for exultation.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people;
No more will there be heard in her the sound of weeping or a cry of distress.”
20 “No more will there be an infant from that place who lives but a few days,
Nor an old man who fails to live out his days.
For anyone who dies at a hundred will be considered a mere boy,
And the sinner will be cursed, even though he is a hundred years of age.*
21 They will build houses and live in them,
And they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage.
22 They will not build for someone else to inhabit,
Nor will they plant for others to eat.
For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree,
And the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full.
23 They will not toil* for nothing,

Nor will they bear children for distress,
Because they are the offspring* made up of those blessed by Jehovah,

And their descendants with them."

This is talking about the "new earth" where it says children will not be born for distress because they will be blessed by Jehovah.
Paul tells us that the marriage we experience on earth is only a shadow of the true marriage in heaven, Ephesians 5:31“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.
The bride of the Lamb does indicate a kind of marriage between Christ and his anointed "saints"....it is a pictorial arrangement that the Jews understood because marriage was sanctified by God, binding two individuals into one family unit....which involved commitment and vows to God.
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

That is not what it says....this is again speaking of the heaven-bound anointed ones who will be "born again" as spirit beings in order to dwell in heaven...there is no nationality in heaven, nor is there any gender...all are in the service of God, carrying out their assignment as "kings and priests". (Rev 20:6)
Revelation 19:9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!”

Who is "we"....not all Christians will go to heaven...only the 'chosen ones' have that privilege. Those with "the heavenly calling" have a vastly different hope to those who will dwell on the "new earth". (Heb 3:1; 2 Pet 3:13; Rev 21:2-4)

These "kings and priests" will rule over redeemed mankind on earth.

Reactions: TheHC

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was answering a trick question put to him...
"Now the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came and asked him: 19 “Teacher, Moses wrote us that if someone’s brother dies and leaves a wife behind but does not leave a child, his brother should take the wife and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 There were seven brothers. The first took a wife, but when he died he left no offspring. 21 And the second married her but died without leaving offspring, and the third the same way. 22 And all seven left no offspring. Last of all, the woman also died. 23 In the resurrection, whose wife will she be? For the seven had her as a wife.” 24 Jesus said to them: “Is not this why you are mistaken, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God? 25 For when they rise from the dead, neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but they are as angels in the heavens." (Mark 12:18-25)

The background to that question had to do with the Sadducee unbelief regarding the resurrection.
For Jews, the resurrection was entirely earthly, so asking this question was trying to catch Jesus out, but he responded with the destiny of anointed Christian...those who will rule with Christ in heaven. Those who reside in heaven are spirit beings who have no gender because they were created not reproduced like humans were.

This does not mean the end of marriage on earth, as the ones who go through the great tribulation will still marry and produce children.
One of my favorite prophesies is Isaiah 65:1-23, where God says...

"For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things will not be called to mind,
Nor will they come up into the heart.
18 So exult and be joyful forever in what I am creating.

For look! I am creating Jerusalem a cause for joy
And her people a cause for exultation.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people;
No more will there be heard in her the sound of weeping or a cry of distress.”
20 “No more will there be an infant from that place who lives but a few days,
Nor an old man who fails to live out his days.
For anyone who dies at a hundred will be considered a mere boy,
And the sinner will be cursed, even though he is a hundred years of age.*
21 They will build houses and live in them,
And they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage.
22 They will not build for someone else to inhabit,
Nor will they plant for others to eat.
For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree,
And the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full.
23 They will not toil* for nothing,

Nor will they bear children for distress,
Because they are the offspring* made up of those blessed by Jehovah,

And their descendants with them."

This is talking about the "new earth" where it says children will not be born for distress because they will be blessed by Jehovah.

The bride of the Lamb does indicate a kind of marriage between Christ and his anointed "saints"....it is a pictorial arrangement that the Jews understood because marriage was sanctified by God, binding two individuals into one family unit....which involved commitment and vows to God.

That is not what it says....this is again speaking of the heaven-bound anointed ones who will be "born again" as spirit beings in order to dwell in heaven...there is no nationality in heaven, nor is there any gender...all are in the service of God, carrying out their assignment as "kings and priests". (Rev 20:6)

Who is "we"....not all Christians will go to heaven...only the 'chosen ones' have that privilege. Those with "the heavenly calling" have a vastly different hope to those who will dwell on the "new earth". (Heb 3:1; 2 Pet 3:13; Rev 21:2-4)

These "kings and priests" will rule over redeemed mankind on earth.
I always love the JW materials - REALLY! Jesus always looks like Mel Gibson and the new earth always looks like an idealized 1958 upper-middle-class America. I think there are even Edsels in the garages, unless they've updated since the last time I looked.